Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,676 members, 7,809,570 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:21 AM

Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach (61426 Views)

Oliseh Resigns As Super Eagles Coach! / Why I Removed Enyeama As Eagles Captain — Oliseh / Stephen Keshi Return Again To Lead Nigeria In Remaining Afcon Qualifiers. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Dee60: 8:29pm On Feb 11, 2013
bcomputer101: Yes is real... Kanu just informed ♍e.

Kanu ke. Oniro.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by superbloke(m): 8:29pm On Feb 11, 2013
wundakind: omo 2million nigerians are currently viewing this thread!!!!!! Keshi what has gotten into u?? Thats one thing with NIGERIANS. PRIDE PRIDE PRIDE!!!

This is not about pride. He was treated unfairly and he has every right not to agree with his treatment. the ball is now in the court of the nff. i'm sure they'll reason with him and try to give him what he requires to complete the job he started. they know nigerians will demand that from them, plus the president will probably wade in. if all that don't happen, then keshi has done well and can accept any of the offers that are before him now. i think someone needs to teach those nff guys a lesson. this will play out well eventually.

I'm sure most people don't know that the move to sack keshi and bring in a foreign coach was initiated by the sports minister.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Nobody: 8:29pm On Feb 11, 2013
@Rossikk: That was an unfair attack on Onila. embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by ostinho(m): 8:30pm On Feb 11, 2013
Yes na true MIKEL just informed me coolYes na true MIKEL just informed me
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by ladel(m): 8:31pm On Feb 11, 2013
gd luck to keshi. i do knw dt he love hs job and hs country. once d presidency put mouth, d decision to quit shal be rescinded. however, smthin tells me ds information is nt true
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by FXKing2012(m): 8:31pm On Feb 11, 2013
FXKing2012: I'm going to hack and crash NFF website right away as a mark of protest against the deranged eeeeeeediots running the football federation.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by davies123: 8:31pm On Feb 11, 2013
ochukoccna: I RESPECT KESHI FOR THIS MOVE
Even before we played Ivory Coast, it was been openly discussed on Tv & radio that Nigeria was going to get a foreign coach to replace him
NFF and the impatient 9ja football fans are the TRUE ENEMIES of football in this country
So many celebrating now hid their daggers to kill him should he fail
Good move BIG BOSS
Sometimes let's be reasonable when posting msges...Keshi performance in d group stages of AFCON was horrible,nigerians has every reason to complain n to be disastified...talking abt NFF corrupt as they maybe they r still Keshi's employer and dey hv a right to ask questions if he is not delivering cos they will take d direct heat from nigerians if eagles fails...I understand where Keshi is coming from but I also think he is overreacting n he was ctually talkin too much b4 d finals which wasn't a mature thing to do...let him not allow dis success to get into his head cos it will be very difficult to replicate dis success with another african team

3 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Dee60: 8:33pm On Feb 11, 2013
His turn to snub GEJ! lets see what they will do in Abuja tomorrow. My guess, the EPL guys may already be on their way back to Chelsea et al. Job well accomplished, leave the rest of the politricking to the politicians.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by otokx(m): 8:33pm On Feb 11, 2013
Best decision if true.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by searay(m): 8:33pm On Feb 11, 2013
NFF(National Future Failure) no try at all.
Listening to Keshi now on BBC focus on Africa. He said a lot of politics had been played by NFF. He als said that they left Abuja as Proper Orphan. Chai!
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by MahatmaGhandi: 8:38pm On Feb 11, 2013
by Isi Esene

With the rumours making the rounds that the Super Eagles coach, Stephen Keshi has resigned, our sources close to the Sports ministry have confirmed that the rumours are true.

Keshi was reported to have spoken about his resignation in an interview with a South African radio station saying he had tendered his resignation letter.

According to SuperSports presenter, Robert Marawa, Keshi revealed his intention to vacate his position on a Metro FM radio programme.

Marawa said, “Stephen Keshi has just announced that he handed over his resignation letter after the game exclusively on 083Sport@6With Marawa on MetroFM.”

After some moments of uncertainty about the status of the coach, our source close to the ministry confirmed to YNaija the story is true.

According to sources, the coach has resigned and the ministry is just waiting for an official statement on the issue.

The source close to the sports ministry said, “It appears the story is true, all we are waiting for is an official statement.”

What further lends credence to this report is a tweet from Ohimai Amaize, the Special Assistant to the Minister of Sports, Bolaji Abdulllahi who tweeted: “I shall be updating us on the latest developments on the purported Keshi resignation once I get an official statement from South Africa.”

This statement came after he earlier tweeted categorically denying the said resignation.

There is, however, no official statement to this effect from the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) on the issue.

Stephen Keshi coached the Super Eagles to win the 2013 African Cup of Nations in South Africa with the team beating the Stallions of Burkina Faso in a tension-soaked encounter on Sunday.

The team is scheduled to meet with President Goodluck Jonathan when they return to the country on Tuesday.

http:///NW2o4BVk

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by seyizma(m): 8:40pm On Feb 11, 2013
The problem with Nigeria is there are many illiterate ones as well as retardees like those posting stupi.d comments here

Nothing works without belief/trust even in a relationship
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by vicope: 8:40pm On Feb 11, 2013
Who is Kanu? I guess he's your gate-man! SMH
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by emmalexabl(m): 8:41pm On Feb 11, 2013
mmmustapha: Wetin concern me We hav already won d cup, he can go to hell
we are humans,what are you?
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Electronzeez(m): 8:42pm On Feb 11, 2013
ighoosagie: Better for him 2 resign like pep guadiola of Barcelona with great honnors and not go messing up like Roberto de Mateo of Chelsea and Samson siasia.
but pep loss d champions league and la liga b4 resignin #how he take resemble keshi#
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by giddygtbank(m): 8:42pm On Feb 11, 2013
glen87: Worst news than boko haram attack I'm sad right now. The hausas have achieved their aim. We won't progress with hausas among us

I don't get it? What is d connect? Must u comment? I'd rather u save ur energy for something whatwhile. Let's know ur tribe/language mumu

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Nobody: 8:43pm On Feb 11, 2013
ochukoccna: I RESPECT KESHI FOR THIS MOVE
Even before we played Ivory Coast, it was been openly discussed on Tv & radio that Nigeria was going to get a foreign coach to replace him
NFF and the impatient 9ja football fans are the TRUE ENEMIES of football in this country
So many celebrating now hid their daggers to kill him should he fail
Good move BIG BOSS
Now someone is talking. NFF and SOME OF FAKE FANS are to blame. I think a fan wanted to slap him b,cos he change MOSES for YOBO. Nevertheless the biggest problem nigeria footballl hv is NFF.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Balkan(m): 8:43pm On Feb 11, 2013
which Kanu? Hope not dayokanu
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by FXKing2012(m): 8:43pm On Feb 11, 2013
Mahatma Ghandi: b...
welcome back from the grave Ghandi, India is no longer as you left it: women are being raped and killed amongst other evil acts being commited daily there. Pls what have you got to say to your people?

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by ikeyman00(m): 8:44pm On Feb 11, 2013
@@@@
davies

Sometimes let's be reasonable when posting msges...Keshi performance in d group stages of AFCON was horrible,nigerians has every reason to complain n to be disastified...talking abt NFF corrupt as they maybe they r still Keshi's employer and dey hv a right to ask questions if he is not delivering cos they will take d direct heat from nigerians if eagles fails...I understand where Keshi is coming from but I also think he is overreacting n he was ctually talkin too much b4 d finals which wasn't a mature thing to do...let him not allow dis success to get into his head cos it will be very difficult to replicate dis success with another african team

my friend just shut ur stinking ewedu mouth plz

i use god beg u shocked

wat do u know about football
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Rhydem: 8:44pm On Feb 11, 2013
You non-entities reporting false stories

Keshi said he is even looking forward for confederations cup http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21416202

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by breaktro: 8:44pm On Feb 11, 2013
Its a lesson to the NFF.when they appoint a coach,allow him to work.
Why will u book a flight back home for them,when they have not even kicked the ball againt Ivory Coast.We never will believe in Nigerians,that's the reason why our country is flooded with last grade Indians and Chinese when we have people that can handle whatever they are doin,even much better.They want to use the opportunity to go and employ a carpenter as a coach and be taking 80percnt of his salray into their accounts.Keshi,you did right,You have shown that a black man has pride and dignity too.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by superbloke(m): 8:44pm On Feb 11, 2013
searay: NFF(National Future Failure) no try at all.
Listening to Keshi now on BBC focus on Africa. He said a lot of politics had been played by NFF. He als said that they left Abuja as Proper Orphan. Chai!
If true, this will be the biggest disgrace nff will get. they probably would have thought they would take some credit for the victory grin i'm sure they didn't expect this.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by EzeFC: 8:45pm On Feb 11, 2013
Hear all of una dey blame NFF now. Whereas they only portrayed the Nigeria's mindset how many of u gave keshi a chance?

Hear them dey talk. Shame on us as lilly livered supporters born for just the good times!

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by Nobody: 8:46pm On Feb 11, 2013
pekelepekele: KESHI IS NOT SERIOUS . HE DON GET MONEY NAH .,IF A MAN IS NOT ABUSED AT HIS WORKING PLACE WHERE ELSE SHOULD A MAN BE ABUSED
u sound like a victim who has bn used and abused, and u blooody tink everyone can stomach dat? wadahell!

2 Likes

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by scopusng(m): 8:46pm On Feb 11, 2013
TB Joshua told him he would win the cup but he must resigned after AFCON.

1 Like

Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by seyizma(m): 8:47pm On Feb 11, 2013
Being black hurts when looking at the way we run things in Africa

The Ghanian SuperSport presenter was also complaining about their Football Federation yesterday.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by MahatmaGhandi: 8:48pm On Feb 11, 2013
FXKing2012:
welcome back from the grave Ghandi, India is no longer as you left it: women are being raped and killed amongst other evil acts being commited daily there. Pls what have you got to say to your people?

smiley i am in nigeria now not india, abi two people no fit bear same name, i like ur sense of humor though.
Re: Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach by fonssy(f): 8:49pm On Feb 11, 2013
Abeg make him resign joor, as him pride still dey intact. Incase them go lose for the next match.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Neymar, World's Most Expensive Player Braves Nude In -157°C Ice Chamber(Photos). / What's Going On With Ronaldo And Juventus? / Victor Osimhen's Inlaws Call Him Out Over Debts Of €69,000 & $439,000USD (vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.