Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,767 members, 7,851,622 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:34 AM

Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded (20397 Views)

Metuh’s Torn Statement Linked Jonathan To N400m – EFCC / Kogi APC Torn Apart, Audu Adopted For Polls / Lawmaker's Cloth Torn After The Fight At The National Assembly (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by ak47mann(m): 2:12am On Feb 14, 2013
alj harem:

yes we are aware of these. I would not dispute this fact but THAT HAS NOT ERASE THE FACT THAT ACHEBE LIED TO AGAINST THE INNOCENTS THAT ARE DEAD TO DEFEND THEMSELVES.

I pray Igbos rise above any circumstance they preceive to be in. I really do but don't just involve Yorubas in this petty games of ethnic superiority you people inculding the older generations are doing

WE SEE ALL NIGERIANS ARE AS EQUALS AND THAT FACT WOULD NOT CHANGE. WE ARE NOT LIKE IGBOS THAT ARE IN COMPETITION WITH OTHERS. Just learn to stop persecuting and trying rule the yoruba people and we would do the same.
i have nothing much to tell you because you suffer from multiple personality disorder,(DID)am not insulting you but am telling you truth,when i was much younger at the age of remembering things,i use to think then that igbos are not wanted in nigeria it was a common slang then, but at that age i couldnt understand the harsh history behind it.I was too young to understand meanings and reason behind it,even some nwafors started shying away from anything to do with there culture,language and so on, just because your people succeed on propaganda and spreading lies even using continues rioting, to gain more political power.You people brought corruption to nigeria because with corruption there will be no accountability no proper documentation,politicians can manipulate census numbers and they can amend laws that suits them,in that way they can keep the power for themselves not for you (al harem) but for themselves and families..

Mr if you want nigeria to survive you got to change,there is no two ways about it or else you dont want nigeria to survive!the ball is your game cool
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by aljharem(m): 2:13am On Feb 14, 2013
masu:

AM FROM PLATAUE STAE:
now listen stop geting angry for nothing that is the why i see the danger in igbo vs yoruba fight,
i some how doubt your yoruba identity for real bcus you accept yoruba versus igbo war too easy while you vehemently object fulani/hausa been a problem to us all.
am scratching my head to blv or not if you are yoruba for real but for now let me look the other way.

as a plataue man i can tell you with first hand info that we are regreting the war, we fought wrong people.
let me point out for you atleast 4 state in the belt: kwara/nasarawa/plataue and benue has seen the true color of fulanis till date read news bro.

you yorubas are a bit far away from this monsters now but i promise you if they finishes with us there will be no where the south can hide.

I doubt if you are from plateau and even if that is the case. What exactly are you saying ? We should accept Igbo rule over Yorubas or what Please be clear

Or we should accept the lies of ACHEBE ? Make yourself clear. I don't think you understand even the people of plateau's position not to talk of yorubas cus if you do you would not be talking out of ignorance here.

Ok let me make myself clear now so it is easy for you and anyother pro-southern Nigeria

1. Yorubas would not accept Achebe's lies. This is not an attack on the Igbos or debunking Achebe's lies

2. If Igbos knowing how tribalistic Achebe sounded still support him, then it shows the sort of people we are breeding in Nigeria and that would not be accepted as well.

3. Yorubas don't likes Hausa or fulanis nether do they hate them. We would support any group that fights for justice.

4. VERY IMPORTANT YOU UNDERSTAND THIS POINT * Yorubas would not form a southern Nigeria with Igbos current attitudes of victimization and superority complex they have on themselves. I do not want to wake up and be told that "we are the best" we are this we are that every day. I want a country were I can meet my Itsekiri or Ijebu or Ijaw etc brother and we can walk beside each other as equals beside financial statue.

5. Yorubas don't hate the Igbos infact Yorubas are the only group that love Igbos the most because we UNDERSTAND THEM well. That is the truth and we understand the way they think even better. As an igbo poster rightly stated here "oil (yoruba) and water (igbos) can never mix" (Onlytruth quote) that is the case of southern nigeria.

Also as Achebe rightly said "His yoruba people" showing he did not see us as one people.

6. A yoruba man JUST WANT PEACE OF MIND AND THE ADVANCEMENT OF HIS PEOPLE. We do not like wars, chest beating and lies. Just peace so we can live normal lives.

I hope I am clearer now
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by masu: 2:15am On Feb 14, 2013
Alj harem blv me when i say fulani's are a deadly virus to us all not the south nor the beltans.

you can see how difficult it is for you to remember the igbo vs yoruba tribal fight, but last year alone
fulani's fought in many states in the south and beltans(enugu,imo,delta,edo,ogun,ondo,oyo,ekiti,kwara,benue,plataue,nasarawa etc)

can you see it pal. Gideon Okar knows better and we knows it too and that is whay i try to inform any southern and beltans that want to know.

what i see in yoruba and igbos is just life normal competition that is blown out of propotion.
this two group has made nigeria proud to the world.

i cannever be a party that will fight southerners again or choose core north(fulani/hausa/kanuri) above southerners or beltans.
it will be dificult for igbos to name 3 things yorubas did against them and also dificult for yorubas to name 3 things igbos did against them.

but fulanis has delt with us all uncountable times even in our remote villages. bro if you come to plataue we have more to tell the nation.

1 Like

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by aljharem(m): 2:22am On Feb 14, 2013
ak47mann: i have nothing much to tell you because you have a multiple personality disorder,am not insulting you but am telling you truth,when i was much younger at the age of remembering things,i use to think then that igbos are not wanted in nigeria it was a common slang then, but at that age i couldnt understand the harsh history behind it.I was too young to understand meanings and reason behind it,even some nwafors started shying away from anything to do with there culture,language and so on, just because your people succeed on propaganda and spreading lies even using continues rioting, to gain more political power.You people brought corruption to nigeria because with corruption there will be no accountability no proper documentation,politicians can manipulate census numbers and they can amend laws that suits them,in that way they can keep the power for themselves not for you (al harem) but for themselves and families..

Mr if you want nigeria to survive you got to change,there is no two ways about it or else you dont want nigeria to survive!the ball is your game cool

Nigeria this Nigeria that. NIGERIA WOULD ONLY CHANGE IF LIKES OF MASU and co change their ways. Lagos is a mini Nigeria where we have equal representation of all ethnic groups and minorities. If you want to model a peaceful Nigeria, start from Lagos by being peaceful and stop complaining about tribalism.

When I was much younger, I use to tell my distant uncle (Igbo) that I want an Igbo Governor of Lagos. He use to be very happy then (remember the grin on his face). I remember him telling me that he was happy this was coming from a lagos indigene from a royal home.

My taugth back then was that, I would make Lagos a non- Yoruba state free of indigenes and crap. everyone has equal stake in the state thus making Lagos the first true united state. How naive thinking back now, how very naive.

A man tax his state, rather than discuss about the task, you are calling him a tribalist. Sure I was naive. Lagos state CAN NEVER BE LIKE THAT unless you all change inculding the so called "middlebelter"
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by aljharem(m): 2:25am On Feb 14, 2013
masu: Alj harem blv me when i say fulani's are a deadly virus to us all not the south nor the beltans.

you can see how difficult it is for you to remember the igbo vs yoruba tribal fight, but last year alone
fulani's fought in many states in the south and beltans(enugu,imo,delta,edo,ogun,ondo,oyo,ekiti,kwara,benue,plataue,nasarawa etc)

can you see it pal. Gideon Okar knows better and we knows it too and that is whay i try to inform any southern and beltans that want to know.

what i see in yoruba and igbos is just life normal competition that is blown out of propotion.

i cannever be a party that will fight southerners again or choose core north(fulani/hausa/kanuri) above southerners or beltans.
it will be dificult for igbos to name 3 things yorubas did against them and also dificult for yorubas to name 3 things igbos did against them.

but fulanis has delt with us all uncountable times even in our remote villages. bro if you come to plataue we have more to tell the nation.

I understand your views BUT don't agree with your solutions. Give me suggestions then
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by masu: 2:31am On Feb 14, 2013
Alj harem:I doubt if you are from plateau and even if that is the case. What exactly are you saying ?
We should accept Igbo rule over Yorubas or what Please be clear
Or we should accept the lies of ACHEBE ? Make yourself clear. I don't think you understand even the people of plateau's position not to talk of yorubas cus if you do you would not be talking out of ignorance here.
Ok let me make myself clear now so it is easy for you and anyother pro-southern Nigeria
1. Yorubas would not accept Achebe's lies. This is not an attack on the Igbos or debunking Achebe's lies
2. If Igbos knowing how tribalistic Achebe sounded still support him, then it shows the sort of people we are breeding in Nigeria and that would not be accepted as well.
3. Yorubas don't likes Hausa or fulanis nether do they hate them. We would support any group that fights for justice.
4. VERY IMPORTANT YOU UNDERSTAND THIS POINT * Yorubas would not form a southern Nigeria with Igbos current attitudes of victimization and superority complex they have on themselves. I do not want to wake up and be told that "we are the best" we are this we are that every day. I want a country were I can meet my Itsekiri or Ijebu or Ijaw etc brother and we can walk beside each other as equals beside financial statue.
5. Yorubas don't hate the Igbos infact Yorubas are the only group that love Igbos the most because we UNDERSTAND THEM well. That is the truth and we understand the way they think even better. As an igbo poster rightly stated here "oil (yoruba) and water (igbos) can never mix" (Onlytruth quote) that is the case of southern nigeria.
Also as Achebe rightly said "His yoruba people" showing he did not see us as one people.
6. A yoruba man JUST WANT PEACE OF MIND AND THE ADVANCEMENT OF HIS PEOPLE. We do not like wars, chest beating and lies. Just peace so we can live normal lives.
I hope I am clearer now

Maybe you have not been reading my posts all the while. i said fulanis are our problem not yoruba not igbo etc.
the case of Achebe deserves lttle response from yorubas not too many responses here and there bcus that will make it yoruba vs igbo fight.
fulanis brings up the propaganda against the igbos we all fought the war and fulanis took the victory. can you see wat i mean.

yorubas doesnt hate igbos neighter do igbos hate yorubas,
tell me what then should stop them teaming up to deliver us all from fulanis.

competition is common in life.
Ghana/S.Africa seems to be competing with nigeria,
france competes with britain.
Spain competes with Italy.
china competes America.
S.Korea competes Japan
malasia competes Singapore
macau competes hongkong
thailand competes taiwan
Argentina competes Brazil
so wat big deal with yoruba igbo competition?
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by masu: 2:42am On Feb 14, 2013
sorry am out
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by lagcity(m): 3:11am On Feb 14, 2013
masu:
but igbos should quit crying like babies though anygroup that lost upto two million kitts/kins in a
war can never wipe it under the table truth be told.

You see, Masu. This is the crux of the matter. You too have drunk the ibo koolaid. I don't blame you, I used to believe their crap also because when you tell a lie so many times, it tends to appear as the truth. There's no way ibo people lost 2 million people during that war. Lies have piled upon lies over the decades that we don't even know where to begin to unravel ibo propaganda. Biafrans did a wonderful propaganda job I must admit.
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by T9ksy(m): 3:28am On Feb 14, 2013
7842I:

You must submit yourself to the reign of Achebe, or be forced to eat your words as Keshi made you bigots to.

Oh, here we go again!

Talking of "bigots", have you look in the mirror, lately?

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by ak47mann(m): 4:06am On Feb 14, 2013
yorubas screaming marginalization is another talk of the century,during the time of speaker of the house of rep, SW PDP voted for tambuwal when the position was vote to SW?you dash your position to north and turn around and start blaming jonathan for marginalizing you. SMH.. This is what am trying to tell yorubas, the younger ones should not allow this old hags to keep riding there future anyhow,"wake up" cool

When i say there are no such thing as one nigeria some peps will start feeling unhappy because they are scared of the truth/reality....
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by yuzedo: 8:46am On Feb 14, 2013
bushwailo: Can't read this very lengthy Opinion of a Nobody !
grin grin grin
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by texazzpete(m): 10:35am On Feb 14, 2013
ACM10:
The reason why the eastern leadership escaped the coup had been overflogged. The coupist did a poor job in the east and lost their element of surprise. I'm surprised that this so-called Damola is indirectly branding the coup an Igbo agenda.

As someone said earlier, you don't find it suspicious or even curious that only the portion of the coup against the South East leadership was 'badly executed'?
Either way, it matters not what happened in the execution. Bottom line was the SE leaders escaped murder while prominent and revered leaders from other regions were slaughtered...and that had a profound influence on the behavior of many Northerners. Surely even you can see this.

ACM10:
Mr. Damola, how many coups took place in Nigeria before the Jan. coup? Remember that Nzeogwu was convinced to hand over the troops under his control to Ironsi. Common sense should have told you that executing Nzeogwu would have triggered a violent revolt in the army.

I think your problem is with comprehending written English. 'Common practice' does not neccessarily mean it must have happened in Nigeria. There had been many cases of coups in several other countries in the world...and in all armies the punishment for treason against the commander-in-chief of the Armed forces is always extremely severe and often death.

ACM10:

Point of correction! Awolowo was imprisoned of treasonable felony for conspiring to overthrow a duly elected government. He was tried in a civilian court of law and found guilty.

A cursory look at your dictionary will tell you that 'conspiring to overthrow a Government' is an accepted meaning for the word 'sedition' that Damola used.

se·di·tion [si-dish-uhn]
noun
incitement of discontent or rebellion against a government.
any action, especially in speech or writing, promoting such discontent or rebellion.

No offense meant, but what school did you graduate from? Your mastery of English language is suspect.

ACM10:
I expect more from my intelligent friend. Where did the normal practice assertion come from? Convicts were sent to random prisons. Region had nothing to do with it.

No suspicion or raised eyebrows from you that the random 'posting' to prisons favored only the fellow from the SE?

ACM10:
Evidence pls?! I have low tolerance for fantasies.
Some Yoruba analysts claims that Ojukwu killed him.

So while you demand 'evidence' for the very plausible claim by the OP that Nzeogwu was training recruits for the Biafran army, you happily cling to unsubstantiated claims that Ojukwu had a hand in Nzeogwu's death.
More importantly, once again you display your shameful failings in comprehending written English. The OP was making a case that Nzeogwu who Achebe tries to dismiss as an 'Igbo in name only' was fully allied with Biafra. Whether Ojukwu had a role in his death or not, the FACT is that Kaduna Nzeogwu was killed in action fighting for Biafra. That was the point Damola was trying to make and your jibe about 'Yoruba Analysts' has nothing to do with anything.

Damola's point is that the man fought and died for Biafra. Your rebuttal to that point is a resounding failure and a red herring.

ACM10:
Why were these names part of an Igbo coup?
1. Lt-Col V. Banjo
2. Major W. Ademoyega
3. Capt. G. Adeleke
4. Lt. F Oyewole
5. 2Lt. T. Katsina
6. 2Lt. O. Olafemihon
7. Capt. G. Jalo
8. 2Lt. H. Eghagha
9. 2Lt. Dambo
10 2Lt. J. Kpera

The OP indicates the coup was led by officers from the South East. I don't think anyone has ever insinuated that everyone of the coup plotters were South Easterners.
Also worth noting that Victor Banjo's name should probably not be on that list as unlike the others, he always proclaimed his innocence. Either way, that scarcely matters.

In summary your 'rebuttal' showed nowhere near the level of wit and research that the OP displayed in his critique of Achebe's book. More worryingly, either from mischief or from plain challenges with English, you seem to have completely misconstrued many of Damola's words.

Nowhere is this disappointing trait more evident in this your response to where the OP said

Five, during the Aburi negotiations, why was full reprieve for the coup plotters put on the table?

ACM10:

We are learning everyday. I would want to get the names of those who sat on the negotiating table with Ojukwu? I knew that Ojukwu was at the table with his secretary, while Gowon came with all his top government functionries.

The term 'full reprieve for the coup plotters put on the table' does not mean that the coup plotters sat down at the table grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by saintohia: 11:25am On Feb 14, 2013
berem: please where in Lagos can i get the book?

^^^^^^

Go to the bookshop in Games ( shoprite) VI.
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by aurenflani: 12:44pm On Feb 14, 2013
masu: Alj harem blv me when i say fulani's are a deadly virus to us all not the south nor the beltans.

Hypocrisy of the highest order! Who started the Plateau madness in the first place? You jealous, worthless cannibal. You like to lecture the Yoruba on who to go with and who to hate? Well, as a fellow Northerner, let me just inform you that you are only sounding stupid. You should have just chosen the real real for your hatred and that is religion. Was your grandfather born when Fulani people came to the savannah and plateaus?

So it is only now that you realized that Fulanis are dangerous to cross, right? You have never liked the Fulanis and Hausa on account of your religious differences and the Fulanis are aware of that. But when you extended your atrocities against the Hausa people to the doorstep of the Fulanis, little did you realized the difference between the two groups until you have seen their true colours. Now you are crying and begging.

You may be attracted to the overtures of the Igbos and listen to their whispers but you cannot fool the Yorubas because their weakness for their ethnic centered politics notwithstanding, they are highly intelligent in smelling the air and can tell which wind is sweet and which part is rotten. They always move in the direction of their interest first.

You my boron friend should try to mend your severed relationship with your immediate neighbours first (the rest of plateau indigenious tribes like the angas etc) before you discover the air. At the moment you are directionless.
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Olaolufred(m): 1:03pm On Feb 14, 2013
ACM10: For a while, I thought that I was reading an article on www.dawodu.com. grin I never knew that Nowa Omoigui has many followers. The article is filled with lies, misleading accounts, half-truths and exaggerations that I felt bored reading it. This is an article designed to appeal to the rabid tribalists from the other side of divide. Objectivity is foreign to Mr. Damola. I would love to meticulously tear apart & shred the article if time permit me. We all know that Awolowo is a flawed character(so is my kinsman Ojukwu and Zik). There is no point defending his questionable and coldblooded policies like 20 pounds policy, indigenisation policy, banning of trade of 2nd hand cloths, banning of trade of stockfish, etc.
Furthermore, there is no justification to make bogus claims. I've never heard any northern historian claim that Igbos massacred their civilians after coup. This is a classic Nowa Omoigui junk. Even, after the 2nd coup, Igbos gave a free pass to Nigerian soldiers stationed in Enugu. By making that claim without proof, Damola has earned my disrespect.

THANKS FOR AGREEING THAT THE PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THE BOLDED PART ARE NOT INFALLIBLE.
WHAT I HATE IS WHEN THEY CALL SOMEONE WHO RUSHED INTO A WAR WITHOUT THOROUGH REASONING AND PLANING A HERO,
THEY WANT THE OTHER TO BE THE DEVIL.
OJUKWU IS A BIG CULPRIT OF THE UNFORTUNATE WAR.
AWOLOWO'S ALLEGED ACTIONS OR INACTIONS ARE REACTIONARY.
EVEN ZIK, THOUGH HE WAS MADE TO ESCAPE THE JANUARY 1966 COUP BY PLAN DID NOT SUPPORT BIAFRA WHOLEHEARTEDLY.
IF WE MUST HEAL WOUNDS, THEN BALMING OTHERS ONLY FOR WHAT YOU CONTRIBUTED TO IS AN INJUSTICE.

2 Likes

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Dede1(m): 1:38pm On Feb 14, 2013
I do not know any Biafran who is clamoring for the healing of civil war wounds. The war has been fought, lost and indelible enemies made. I do not care how anybody tries to slice the civil war it shall remain a mirror before us and reflects the scars from the war. The intellectual tonic surrounding the civil war has been adulterated by tribalism. The only way to bury the hatchet is to disintegrate the Nigeria so that citizens of different nation states out of dismembered Nigeria can channel the brazen hatred for each other into productive energy geared towards mutual competition.

Those who cherished Awolowo’s crafted policies of starvation and 20 naira can build a park for his remembrance. The followers of Gowon will erect life-size statue to memorialize Go-On-With-One -Nigeria. In the other hand, those who cherished the efforts of Biafrans could build parks and monuments for the fallen Biafrans and dedicate a week to mourn and remember them. In so doing, nobody shall give hoot what the others are doing across the border.

1 Like

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by tomakint: 1:44pm On Feb 14, 2013
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by tomakint: 1:44pm On Feb 14, 2013
Olaolufred:

THANKS FOR AGREEING THAT THE PEOPLE MENTIONED IN THE BOLDED PART ARE NOT INFALLIBLE.
WHAT I HATE IS WHEN THEY CALL SOMEONE WHO RUSHED INTO A WAR WITHOUT THOROUGH REASONING AND PLANING A HERO,
THEY WANT THE OTHER TO BE THE DEVIL.
OJUKWU IS A BIG CULPRIT OF THE UNFORTUNATE WAR.
AWOLOWO'S ALLEGED ACTIONS OR INACTIONS ARE REACTIONARY.
EVEN ZIK, THOUGH HE WAS MADE TO ESCAPE THE JANUARY 1966 COUP BY PLAN DID NOT SUPPORT BIAFRA WHOLEHEARTEDLY.
IF WE MUST HEAL WOUNDS, THEN BALMING OTHERS ONLY FOR WHAT YOU CONTRIBUTED TO IS AN INJUSTICE.
@ the bolded, how so now? He hever wanted war in the first place, he never wanted to be anybody's President in a country he so much believed in, he made many passionate pleas to the 'clown' (Gowon) to see how to stop the indiscriminate killings of his people all over the country especially in the northern parts where the Igbos had their businesses bases then, yet the Clown did nothing despite promising he would looked into it, and you still want the same Ojukwu to believe in that same country where his kinsmen were treated like properties? If only I can dish out thousands of e-slaps to knock some senses into you, indeed you are not thinking properly, this is pure logic and yet you can't figure it out undecided
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 14, 2013
I'm still confused why the only people complaining about this book are the Yourubas. I'm from Kogi and I have nothing against the book.
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by aljharem(m): 1:51pm On Feb 14, 2013
donedy: I'm still confused why the only people complaining about this book are the Yourubas. I'm from Kogi and I have nothing against the book.

what part of Kogi ? Moreover you are stu.pidity because did the book lie about Kogilites or Yorubas ?

All this Igbos self, I tire
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Nobody: 1:57pm On Feb 14, 2013
alj harem:

what part of Kogi ? Moreover you are stu.pidity because did the book lie about Kogilites or Yorubas ?

Do you think all people here are tribal bigots like you people. I even expect the Hausa's to be one making noise, but the opposite happened. Tell me if you know everywhere where people from Kogi have criticized the book.

You Yorubas are all alone.

1 Like

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Dede1(m): 2:01pm On Feb 14, 2013
alj harem:

You are wastefully educated. When did Yoruba translate into one of 36 states in Nigeria? Anyway, it is your freaking right to display stupidity.
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by aljharem(m): 2:06pm On Feb 14, 2013
donedy:

Do you think all people here are tribal bigots like you people. I even expect the Hausa's to be one making noise, but the opposite happened. Tell me if you know everywhere where people from Kogi have criticized the book.

You see, YOU ARE IGBO. I told you before that Yorubas especially people like me and likes of Awolowo know how the Igbo man thinks. Who care who is alone or not, who cares about allainaces here, have you been reading my post at all ?. An old biafran man published a book full of lies and you expect people to keep shut about it. You are one funny set of people I no go lie

Whatever you call me does not change who I am. I am Alj harem a nairalander that can chose to be anyone at anytime. I have stayed in Kogi so that is why I ask, what part of Kogi because they don't think like you bigots.

A book published to insinuate Genocide on a well respected former leader among the yorubas should now be sweept under the carpet because it is an Igboman that wrote it ? LOL indeed funny set of people

I just pray this country split so people like you and Achebe can have your country.

Any other group be it Ijaw, Ibibio and co that want to join a country where Igbos believe they are better than other groups can join and likes of Achebe can keep writing crap BUT YORUBAS WOULD NOT ALLOW SUCH if you involve them. Fact

1 Like

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by aljharem(m): 2:08pm On Feb 14, 2013
Dede1:

You are wastefully educated. When did Yoruba translate into one of 36 states in Nigeria? Anyway, it is your freaking right to display stupidity.

I think you meant that for donedy "I am from kogi" LOL. Very difficult set of people. Always biased and tribalistic
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Dede1(m): 2:20pm On Feb 14, 2013
alj harem:

I think you meant that for donedy "I am from kogi" LOL. Very difficult set of people. Always biased and tribalistic

The initial jabs were meant for ignoramus such as you who thought there were no ancestral Yoruba peeps in Kogi State. Donedy had indicated he\she is not tribally bent by going with state instead of tribe hence I am from Kogi. Do you think Donedy does not know Kogi State is multi-tribal?
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by kunlekunle: 2:23pm On Feb 14, 2013
Dede1:

The above post is one of the series of conjectural craps cull from Nowa Omoigiu's figments of imagination. Is it not inherently moronic to term anything that mainly consisted of imaginary figures from western, midwestern and eastern regions without even a doorman from northern region as “National Conciliation Committee”?

you are another fictional historian like Achebe.
my advice stop distorting history.
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by Dede1(m): 2:31pm On Feb 14, 2013
alj harem:

You see, YOU ARE IGBO. I told you before that Yorubas especially people like me and likes of Awolowo know how the Igbo man thinks. Who care who is alone or not, who cares about allainaces here, have you been reading my post at all ?. An old biafran man published a book full of lies and you expect people to keep shut about it. You are one funny set of people I no go lie

Whatever you call me does not change who I am. I am Alj harem a nairalander that can chose to be anyone at anytime. I have stayed in Kogi so that is why I ask, what part of Kogi because they don't think like you bigots.

A book published to insinuate Genocide on a well respected former leader among the yorubas should now be sweept under the carpet because it is an Igboman that wrote it ? LOL indeed funny set of people

I just pray this country split so people like you and Achebe can have your country.

Any other group be it Ijaw, Ibibio and co that want to join a country where Igbos believe they are better than other groups can join and likes of Achebe can keep writing crap BUT YORUBAS WOULD NOT ALLOW SUCH if you involve them. Fact

I suggest you shut up your putrid mouth. I have not seen or read any sensible rebuttal to Achebe’s memoir about the civil war. It is even funny that most of the noise generated by the book came from loudmouthed ingrates who were not in Biafra. Achebe’s book centered on his experiences of the civil war and what happened in Biafra. Instead of learning from the book, most moronic dingbats chose to spew craps cull from conjures assembled by hack writer such as Nowa Omoigui.
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by kunlekunle: 2:32pm On Feb 14, 2013
Dede1: I do not know any Biafran who is clamoring for the healing of civil war wounds. The war has been fought, lost and indelible enemies made. I do not care how anybody tries to slice the civil war it shall remain a mirror before us and reflects the scars from the war. The intellectual tonic surrounding the civil war has been adulterated by tribalism. The only way to bury the hatchet is to disintegrate the Nigeria so that citizens of different nation states out of dismembered Nigeria can channel the brazen hatred for each other into productive energy geared towards mutual competition.

Those who cherished Awolowo’s crafted policies of starvation and 20 naira can build a park for his remembrance. The followers of Gowon will erect life-size statue to memorialize Go-On-With-One -Nigeria. In the other hand, those who cherished the efforts of Biafrans could build parks and monuments for the fallen Biafrans and dedicate a week to mourn and remember them. In so doing, nobody shall give hoot what the others are doing across the border.

Awolowo's reponse to ojukwus question about the west joining the course

[size=14pt]if this is cowardice kudos to the president nigeria never had[/size][

Well, I must say
that a number of factors have been overlooked in this regard.
I would be quite willing to attend any meeting convened by the
leaders of the South in the South, but it must be realized
that we in the West are in a very difficult position. All the
members of the bodyguard of the Military Governor of the Western
Region were Northerners; there were over 36,000 soldiers in
the whole of the West, most of whom were Northerners, and all of
them carry arms

You are remote from the
West; you have advantages which we do not possess. We cannot
rush without rushing to our death at the same time. We are not
cowards in the West but we have to move cautiously
, because if
we do not do that you might not have us alive; you would only
have monuments all over the place.

1 Like

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by aljharem(m): 2:32pm On Feb 14, 2013
Dede1:

The initial jabs were meant for ignoramus such as you who thought there were no ancestral Yoruba peeps in Kogi State. Donedy had indicated he\she is not tribally bent by going with state instead of tribe hence I am from Kogi. Do you think Donedy does not know Kogi State is multi-tribal?

But in her post
donedy:

You contradict yourself. What has state of origin or ethnicity got to do what Achebe's lies and deframing of a section of the country ?

So when Yorubas try to defend their position by bring out fact, we are expected to keep shut just cause hausa/fulanis are not responding ?

In deed the sort of personality Achebe has described by himself by writing hate racist filled book is being displayed daily on this site.

Imagine Lagos tax = igbo victimization. That is how low some of you think. Very pathetic
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by T9ksy(m): 2:34pm On Feb 14, 2013
kunlekunle:

you are another fictional historian like Achebe.
my advice stop distorting history.

Your advice to prof. dede is pointless- the man is a senile old bitter pathological LIAR.

Just like his kinsman, achebe.

Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by tomakint: 2:37pm On Feb 14, 2013
alj harem:

You no go shut your trap for once, someone said he is from Kogi, yet you still have the shameless boldness to question his identity on a faceless forum, are you a wizard?
Re: Prof Achebe's "There Was A Country" Is Meticulously Torn Apart & Shredded by aljharem(m): 2:37pm On Feb 14, 2013
That is why I have said it that SOUTHERN NIGERIA CAN NEVER WORK. Yorubas would go their own way along any group/s that think they can couple with being equals be it even fulani or hausa.

There is no conspiracy here, Yorubas and Igbos can never mix politically. It is a fact.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

Labaran Maku finally Secures APGA Governorship Ticket, Accuses PDP Of Injustice / APC Propaganda Destroyed Nigeria's Economy, Caused Recession - Jonathan / Theft in Bayelsa Government House: Policemen, NSCDC personnel arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.