Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Unilag Student Sold His Kidney To Graduate - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilag Student Sold His Kidney To Graduate (24011 Views)

Blind Graduate Wants To Sell His Kidney To Further His Education (photo) / Nigerian Girl Racially Abused In The UK For Her Struggle To Graduate(pics) / OOU Best Graduating student: My Sister Stopped School For Me To Graduate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unilag Student Sold His Kidney To Graduate by henrydeelinkag(m): 3:08am On Feb 13, 2013
A University of Lagos (UNILAG) student who couldn't swap kidneys to save his father’s life confessed in the hospital that he sold one of his kidney to graduate with a first class.

The 24 years old boy recollected how he sold one of his kidneys to the dean of his faculty a few days before his convocation. He says he was being threatened with the reality of having to spend an additional two years to his already prolonged eight years stay in the school.

He was nearly in tears while he explained why he couldn't donate his last and only kidney to his father who is in desperate need of a kidney to survive.

Despite him graduating with a first class, it is sad to say he has never been able to secure an adequate job.

So with no kidney, no job, and no money, how does this young boy expect to save his dying father?

No job and not enough money…and now he needs a kidney to save his dad.

http://www.deelinkage.com/2013/02/a-university-of-lagos-unilag-student.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Unilag Student Sold His Kidney To Graduate by oluwadare26(m): 6:19am On Feb 13, 2013
A dean of Unilag threatened a student to donate kidney or else spend an additional 2 years?... The dean is cruel and wicked 4 threatening him, i'm pretty sure the Dean went to sell it for a big amount of money in a foreign country,and probably this is not his first victim! Well, i think the school authority, ministry of education and the nigeria police shud take action against the dean.

2 Likes

Re: Unilag Student Sold His Kidney To Graduate by pheyikemi: 11:09am On Feb 13, 2013
The student acted in a very stupid way. When he had a chance to nab d man, he blew it. He shd av reported d incidence wiv evidence then, afta d removal of his kidney he's now confessing. Of wot use is his confession? It won't bring back his kidney. How will u give him ur body part? He z lucky d dean did not use his kidney 4rituals. The dean shd av asked him to remove his heart instead datz a beta option angry

6 Likes

Re: Unilag Student Sold His Kidney To Graduate by nikkypearl(f): 11:23am On Feb 13, 2013
pheyikemi: The student acted in a very stupid way. When he had a chance to nab d man, he blew it. He shd av reported d incidence wiv evidence then, afta d removal of his kidney he's now confessing. Of wot use is his confession? It won't bring back his kidney. How will u give him ur body part? He z lucky d dean did not use his kidney 4rituals. The dean shd av asked him to remove his heart instead datz a beta option angry
I always love your post!

1 Like

Re: Unilag Student Sold His Kidney To Graduate by goldfish80(m): 11:25am On Feb 13, 2013
shocked
Re: Unilag Student Sold His Kidney To Graduate by pheyikemi: 11:36am On Feb 13, 2013
nikkypearl: I always love your post!
thx ma'am
Re: Unilag Student Sold His Kidney To Graduate by Nobody: 12:40pm On Feb 13, 2013
Is this for real? Permit me to shout STUPIDD BOY!.
This boils down to our crave for certificate,and not knowledge, I envy his stupidityy,because he has really displayed Nigeria mentality,seeing certificate as solely a meal ticket.

6 Likes

Re: Unilag Student Sold His Kidney To Graduate by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 13, 2013
shocked
Re: Unilag Student Sold His Kidney To Graduate by dridowu: 12:42pm On Feb 13, 2013
Vanity upon Vanity. He sold is kidney 4 vanity

1 Like

Re: Unilag Student Sold His Kidney To Graduate by Nobody: 12:43pm On Feb 13, 2013
That means he used his organ to sort lecturer,very bad of him and the dean in question
Re: Unilag Student Sold His Kidney To Graduate by Nobody: 12:44pm On Feb 13, 2013
The boy's name is not available,the dean's name is not available and the link looks suspicious.

This is a big allegation levelled against Unilag authority,too much annoymity will jeopardise the authenticity of this incident.the invisble boy has to come out to the public !

14 Likes

Re: Unilag Student Sold His Kidney To Graduate by Etumgbe(m): 12:44pm On Feb 13, 2013
i doubt dis story oo

15 Likes

Re: Unilag Student Sold His Kidney To Graduate by bigx(m): 12:44pm On Feb 13, 2013
Lengths people would go for Paper qualifications lipsrsealed
Re: Unilag Student Sold His Kidney To Graduate by mrman2(m): 12:46pm On Feb 13, 2013
Yeah right! Believe this story and you'll believe anything. BTW what's with Nigerians and reffering to 20 something year olds as boys?

2 Likes

Re: Unilag Student Sold His Kidney To Graduate by FXKing2012(m): 12:46pm On Feb 13, 2013
This is evil, where is his picture? The dean must go to jail, I'm pushing for this immediately....could someone pls give me his name.
Re: Unilag Student Sold His Kidney To Graduate by TeenageMoney(m): 12:47pm On Feb 13, 2013
Toh!!!! Such is Life
Re: Unilag Student Sold His Kidney To Graduate by cyril83(m): 12:48pm On Feb 13, 2013
pheyikemi: The student acted in a very stupid way. When he had a chance to nab d man, he blew it. He shd av reported d incidence wiv evidence then, afta d removal of his kidney he's now confessing. Of wot use is his confession? It won't bring back his kidney. How will u give him ur body part? He z lucky d dean did not use his kidney 4rituals. The dean shd av asked him to remove his heart instead datz a beta option angry
you talk as if ur a novice of nigerian schools and lecturers, you report the bad act of your lecturers and you spend the rest of your life in institution. Though he went too far by offering his kidney in exchange for grade...anywayz someone shud tell this poor boy that with 1 billion naira,i will honourably save his father by donating my left kidney
Re: Unilag Student Sold His Kidney To Graduate by Damitism: 12:49pm On Feb 13, 2013
Ludicrous!!!
Re: Unilag Student Sold His Kidney To Graduate by pheyikemi: 12:49pm On Feb 13, 2013
mr_man: Yeah right! Believe this story and you'll believe anything. BTW what's with Nigerians and reffering to 20 something year olds as boys?
Do I tel u d reason??
Re: Unilag Student Sold His Kidney To Graduate by Nobody: 12:50pm On Feb 13, 2013
Mods,

Tonto Dike hasn't made front page yet. Please urgently do something and bring her post to the front page.

Thank you.
Re: Unilag Student Sold His Kidney To Graduate by Napolitano(m): 12:50pm On Feb 13, 2013
Very ridiculous
Re: Unilag Student Sold His Kidney To Graduate by Ben13: 12:51pm On Feb 13, 2013
This is a fat lie. Whoever wrote this should provide names and falculty. Lame!

1 Like

Re: Unilag Student Sold His Kidney To Graduate by cyril83(m): 12:51pm On Feb 13, 2013
~Bluetooth:

The boy's name is not available,the dean's name is not available and the link looks suspicious.

This is a big allegation levelled against Unilag authority,too much annoymity will jeopardise the authenticity of this incident.the invisble boy has to come out to the public !
just like that, defo! u can never be a journalist
Re: Unilag Student Sold His Kidney To Graduate by ocheejemb: 12:51pm On Feb 13, 2013
Cool Story bro
Re: Unilag Student Sold His Kidney To Graduate by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 13, 2013
FXKing2012: This is evil, where is his picture? The dean must go to jail, I'm pushing for this immediately....could someone pls give me his name.

Hey buddie

This story is fake so don't stress yourself.Junk journalism

1 Like

Re: Unilag Student Sold His Kidney To Graduate by chemashie(m): 12:53pm On Feb 13, 2013
And some m.orons have started ranting like a deflowered toddler despite the fact that the story looks suspicious.must you comment before you read.
Re: Unilag Student Sold His Kidney To Graduate by Emylexray(m): 12:53pm On Feb 13, 2013
Give me the name of the dean!
Re: Unilag Student Sold His Kidney To Graduate by FindOut(m): 12:54pm On Feb 13, 2013
Am I the only one who feels this story has k-leg? Did he also donate kidneys to the other lecturers or were those ones sleeping when he graduated ''WITH A FIRST CLASS'' after spending ''8 YEARS'' and faced with the prospect of spending ''another two years''??

Abeg, LAG never bad reach this one na.

UNTIL NAMES and dates ARE MENTIONED, i just can't believe this story.

Oga Seun, abeg tel SM to dey careful with wetin dey enter front page o lest your a.s..s be sued to court coz some people no dey take UNILAG matter play o when it comes to defending its rep.

5 Likes

Re: Unilag Student Sold His Kidney To Graduate by vanstanzy(m): 12:54pm On Feb 13, 2013
And i guess the lecturers' main aim is to use the kidney for rituals. *Just thinking aloud as usual!*

Re: Unilag Student Sold His Kidney To Graduate by Nobody: 12:54pm On Feb 13, 2013
cyril83: just like that, defo! u can never be a journalist

There is nothing intelligent about this story.Just mere allegations.

Btw,did they confirm if the guy has just one kidney left on him ?
Re: Unilag Student Sold His Kidney To Graduate by Abrantie: 12:54pm On Feb 13, 2013
If I read correctly, that dude now has no kidneys. I say that's a lie. There's no way a human being can survive for a week without kidneys.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Please Has Anyone Been Able To Check His/Her WAEC Result Successfully? / Isreal Galadima The JAMB Guru: Throwback Pictures Of 2018 UTME Highest Scorer / WAEC Rating Highlights Dwindling Fortunes Of Education In South-west Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.