Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,970 members, 7,835,258 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:48 AM

On What Grounds Will You Divorce Your Partner? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / On What Grounds Will You Divorce Your Partner? (10868 Views)

Before you divorce your Adulterous hubby / Before you divorce An Adulterous Wife. / Pls Watch This Movie Before You Divorce Your Wife - Fireproof (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On What Grounds Will You Divorce Your Partner? by rose002(m): 2:37pm On Mar 20, 2013
iamswizz: on a wet ground
grin olodo na u b,Akpos broda undecided
Re: On What Grounds Will You Divorce Your Partner? by Freiburger(m): 2:38pm On Mar 20, 2013
Baba Oyo: Infidelity......no second chance!!
Nagging......after the 50th chance!!
Frigidity.......after all psychological & emotional solutions have been explored.
LOl, Naija men, nagging is just part of it. grin grin
Re: On What Grounds Will You Divorce Your Partner? by hadecunleh: 2:38pm On Mar 20, 2013
Well.....if she kills me. Divorce no dey my dictionary.
Re: On What Grounds Will You Divorce Your Partner? by condralbede(m): 2:43pm On Mar 20, 2013
INFIDELITY!!!just as simple as that.every other thing i wil 4gv bt dat...NO WAY.
Re: On What Grounds Will You Divorce Your Partner? by gabinogem(m): 2:44pm On Mar 20, 2013
Why get married binding urselves in those phony covenant, when u know anything can seperate u guys as time passes by... Marriage is just a game of luck, thus not everyone is destined 2 win it... Man know thyself.

1 Like

Re: On What Grounds Will You Divorce Your Partner? by quality01(m): 2:44pm On Mar 20, 2013
Infidelity!!!
Re: On What Grounds Will You Divorce Your Partner? by bingbagbo(m): 2:46pm On Mar 20, 2013
Re: On What Grounds Will You Divorce Your Partner? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Mar 20, 2013
My Aunty just divorced her husband of 15 years.

He beat her up constantly, had an affair with their nanny and had no apologies for that, threatened to bring in a son he had from an affair he had before their marriage, told her family that she was the one disrespecting him, gave her a list of who to talk to and who not to talk to, threatened to take their kids away from her if she misbehaved, said he was gonna shut down her business etc etc...it goes on.

She just got sick of it all and sent her family and her husband's family an email saying she wanted out of the marriage. She walked out of the marriage with her 4 kids and I've never been happier for anyone.

So, I would divorce my husband if he constantly cheats on me and abuses me.

1 Like

Re: On What Grounds Will You Divorce Your Partner? by Nobody: 2:50pm On Mar 20, 2013
slimyem: Abuse-any and all forms as soon as it becomes unbearable.undecided

so mild abuse (gentle slap) is considered bearable for u?

1 Like

Re: On What Grounds Will You Divorce Your Partner? by ojesymsym: 2:54pm On Mar 20, 2013
Business partner?
Re: On What Grounds Will You Divorce Your Partner? by Yornandrew: 2:55pm On Mar 20, 2013
a non resident spouse
Re: On What Grounds Will You Divorce Your Partner? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Mar 20, 2013
Divorce will never be an option for me, thats y i need to be careful and search for the right lady for me, and with prayers, it'll be till the end for the two of us.
Re: On What Grounds Will You Divorce Your Partner? by Reference(m): 2:56pm On Mar 20, 2013
For me whatever will cause a divorce will make the opposite sex equally unappealing to me so what's the point.
Re: On What Grounds Will You Divorce Your Partner? by RollingFella(m): 2:56pm On Mar 20, 2013
i have never believed in divorce and will never get involved in it,irrespective of crime committed by my partner. the worst that can happen is separation for a period of time.
Re: On What Grounds Will You Divorce Your Partner? by Nwogbe: 3:01pm On Mar 20, 2013
Infidelity and severe physical/mental abuse. That's all any other one OYO ......
Datz all.
Re: On What Grounds Will You Divorce Your Partner? by Popowaa: 3:03pm On Mar 20, 2013
Cheating,lack of trust and all sorts of abuse
Re: On What Grounds Will You Divorce Your Partner? by Nwogbe: 3:03pm On Mar 20, 2013
RollingFella: i have never believed in divorce and will never get involved in it,irrespective of crime committed by my partner. the worst that can happen is separation for a period of time.
U never jam. Just pray it doesn't come to U.

3 Likes

Re: On What Grounds Will You Divorce Your Partner? by JahMan1: 3:03pm On Mar 20, 2013
ItsModella: My Aunty just divorced her husband of 15 years.

He beat her up constantly, had an affair with their nanny and had no apologies for that, threatened to bring in a son he had from an affair he had before their marriage, told her family that she was the one disrespecting him, gave her a list of who to talk to and who not to talk to, threatened to take their kids away from her if she misbehaved, said he was gonna shut down her business etc etc...it goes on.

She just got sick of it all and sent her family and her husband's family an email saying she wanted out of the marriage. She walked out of the marriage with her 4 kids and I've never been happier for anyone.

Lolz!
Like Aunty,like Niece.
Re: On What Grounds Will You Divorce Your Partner? by freecocoa(f): 3:05pm On Mar 20, 2013
slimyem: Abuse-any and all forms as soon as it becomes unbearable.undecided
Na from bearable e dey enter unbearable na.

@Topic

Cheating
Abuse(especially physical).
Re: On What Grounds Will You Divorce Your Partner? by RollingFella(m): 3:08pm On Mar 20, 2013
Nwogbe:
U never jam. Just pray it doesn't come to U.

It takes two to tangle,ok.Even if its a life threatning, i still will not divorce.I may opt for separation.Marriage is for better or for worse,till death separate the couples. Besides,there is nothing that is too hard for God to do in any near-death situation. When God is made the pillar of any marriage,its rock solid.
Re: On What Grounds Will You Divorce Your Partner? by YorubaOmoge: 3:08pm On Mar 20, 2013
ItsModella: My Aunty just divorced her husband of 15 years.

[size=18pt]
I'm proud of her.

At least she left before he killed her.

Marriage no be by force. Nigerians go force pesin into marriage, na dem go insult you if the marriage no dey work.

Where's that bytchazz babyosisi that thinks that marriage validates her existence? Even asking a 22 years old girl in school to go and marry.

E no dey surprise me when I heard that her marriage dey in the toilet. No married woman should be comparing dciiiks triballly. . . . just saying cool

@Post,

All of the above.

Esp episodic poverty. en no be my thing. . . . . cool
[/size]
Re: On What Grounds Will You Divorce Your Partner? by Irritant: 3:09pm On Mar 20, 2013
When I am tired.... grin grin grin
Re: On What Grounds Will You Divorce Your Partner? by IYANGBALI: 3:11pm On Mar 20, 2013
If honey finish for her toto she no come sweet again or the thing turn to borehole he no dey grip my anaconda again.
Re: On What Grounds Will You Divorce Your Partner? by hardbody: 3:13pm On Mar 20, 2013
I just cant imagine a divorce especially where there are already children in the marriage. For their sake, i will forgive anything and everything. The most heinous crime will be cheating, even that i will forgive because i must have set the stage for her to cheat. I do not forsee the possibility of a woman physically abusing me, but where that happens, i will get round it my own way. Nagging, etc etc are things i can always manage.
Re: On What Grounds Will You Divorce Your Partner? by Igosun: 3:14pm On Mar 20, 2013
Only Physical Abuse......others are still forgivable grin. Make one man no come kill me jare.
Re: On What Grounds Will You Divorce Your Partner? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 20, 2013
freecocoa: Na from bearable e dey enter unbearable na

ROTFL
Re: On What Grounds Will You Divorce Your Partner? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Mar 20, 2013
Nothing can make me divorce. Worst case i'll separate.
Re: On What Grounds Will You Divorce Your Partner? by blackmale1: 3:26pm On Mar 20, 2013
Okija_juju: Repeated infidelity..

Meaning: Once, I can forgive, Twice then she is a hoe.. angry
If she can do it once,she can do it all the time brov.
Re: On What Grounds Will You Divorce Your Partner? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Mar 20, 2013
Infidelity
Re: On What Grounds Will You Divorce Your Partner? by Orikinla(m): 3:30pm On Mar 20, 2013
DISHONESTY.
Re: On What Grounds Will You Divorce Your Partner? by roteemee: 3:44pm On Mar 20, 2013
If truly u hve conducted your research properly u would hve discover dat the process of finding a wife as changed!the old ways of our fathers is considered as "out of touch"during thr tym dey dnt giv love much priority,ur father can find u a wife and yet u will 2geda as husb and wife 4 a very long tym. this is simply attributed to "LOYALTY"which is very difficult to find. u can list all the reasons from infidelity and so on,buh u will agree that another man food is another man's poison. in sum part of the country infidelity is not really considered as an offense strong enuf 2 break a marriage.for me it all bore down to getting it ryt from sourcing,the role of parents,and the in depth understanding of bein married .sourcing also include the character of the parents of either the wife or the husband.

1 Like

Re: On What Grounds Will You Divorce Your Partner? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:46pm On Mar 20, 2013
black male:
If she can do it once,she can do it all the time brov.

I beg to differ..

People slip, people make mistakes..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mums Help!! Drinking Cold Water After Delivery / Have You Written Your Will? / Advise Needed For A Young Man About Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.