Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,684 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament (20853 Views)

The New Testament Prophets Defined. / Don't Let Anybody Deceive You. Tithing Is The Power To Get Wealth. / Is The New Testament Rightly Labeled New Testament? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Ishilove: 7:40pm On Feb 14, 2013
obadiah777: DANG BUT I AM USED TO IT NOW LOL. I AM ADDICTED TO THE CAPS. WITHOUT THE CAPS MY WRITING LOOKS VERY SMALL embarassed
I can recommend an optician if you want.
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Nobody: 7:42pm On Feb 14, 2013
Goshen360:

Buzu, I can't believe you wrote this trash. shocked Jeremiah 31:33 is ALREADY fulfilled in Romans 11:27; 2 Corinthians 3:3; Hebrews 8:10 and Hebrews 10:16 respectively. Jeremiah 31:33 is a promise with the phrase "THIS SHALL BE...I WILL" but in the fulfilling verses I listed, the phrase becomes, "THIS IS..." to fulfill what "SHALL BE and I WILL...". Take your mind of religion please.
LMAO YOU MUST BE HIGH ON GBEGIRI FUMES. IT IS A CONVENANT THAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN THE KINGDOM IS ESTABLISHED ON EARTH. THIS IS IT IN HEBREWS

HEBREWS 8 VS 10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: <<< MEANING NO MORE SINNING. THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL ARE STILL SINNING TODAY AS WE SPEAK. LOOK ALL OVER SOUTHERN NAIJA FOR EXAMPLE ? ALL KINDS OF SIN GOING ON. THAT CONVENANT IS NOT IN EFFECT YET. THIS WILL HAPPEN AFTER HEAVEN IS ESTABLISHED ON EARTH.
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 14, 2013
Ishilove:
I can recommend an optician if you want.
SCRIPTURE DO SAY DO NOT GO INTO THE WAY OF THE GENTILES. MY OPTICIAN IS CARROTS wink CUT A TRANVERSE SECTION OF A CARROT AND IT LOOKS LIKE THE HUMAN EYE. THE LORD IS SOMETHING ELSE AINT HE ?
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Goshen360(m): 7:48pm On Feb 14, 2013
obadiah777: LMAO YOU MUST BE HIGH ON GBEGIRI FUMES. IT IS A CONVENANT THAT WILL HAPPEN WHEN THE KINGDOM IS ESTABLISHED ON EARTH. THIS IS IT IN HEBREWS

HEBREWS 8 VS 10 [size=20pt]For this is the[/size] covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: <<< MEANING NO MORE SINNING. THE HOUSE OF ISRAEL ARE STILL SINNING TODAY AS WE SPEAK. LOOK ALL OVER SOUTHERN NAIJA FOR EXAMPLE ? ALL KINDS OF SIN GOING ON. THAT CONVENANT IS NOT IN EFFECT YET. THIS WILL HAPPEN AFTER HEAVEN IS ESTABLISHED ON EARTH.

My brother, abeg go find that gbegiri take chop eba or amala you hear grin Hebrews quoted the same Jeremiah text and called it "THIS IS...". It's just the same when Peter quoted Joel on the day of Pentecost and said THIS IS....that which was prophesied of prophet Joel. Your theology baffles me sometimes. Abeg make I register you for Harlem English course ni grin
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Nobody: 8:07pm On Feb 14, 2013
Goshen360:

My brother, abeg go find that gbegiri take chop eba or amala you hear grin Hebrews quoted the same Jeremiah text and called it "THIS IS...". It's just the same when Peter quoted Joel on the day of Pentecost and said THIS IS....that which was prophesied of prophet Joel. Your theology baffles me sometimes. Abeg make I register you for Harlem English course ni grin
LOL BROS GOSHEN NA YOUR THEOLOGY DEY BAFFLE ALL OF US. BE LIKE SAY THAT HURRICANE SANDY CONCUSSION STILL NEVER CLEAR LMAO. BRAH, WHEN THE LAWS ARE WRITTEN IN THE INWARD PARTS ( SYMBOLIC STATEMENT ) IT MEANS THE HUMANS ON EARTH WILL NO LONGER KNOW WARS OR VIOLENCE OR EVIL. THE WORLD WOULD BE A PEACEFUL PLACE. HEAVEN WOULD HAVE BEEN ESTABLISHED ON EARTH. DO YOU SEE ANY OF THAT AROUND YOU TODAY ? SO HOW IS THAT CONVENANT FULFILLED ? THIS YA THEOLOGY GET K LEG OOOO BROS grin grin
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:17pm On Feb 14, 2013
Practical Teachings for Practical Living - not bad
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Nobody: 8:27pm On Feb 14, 2013
I FIND SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE THAT STUMBLING BLOCK. THEY INTERCHANGE COVENANT WITH TESTAMENT. AS SUCH THEY THINK THE OLD AND NEW TESTAMENT ARE TWO DIFFERENT CONVENANTS. TESTAMENT ONLY MEANS WRITTEN DOCUMENT. COVENANT HOWEVER MEANS AGREEMENT. THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS. THE OLD AND NEW TESTAMENTS ARE ONE CONTINUOUS WRITTEN DOCUMENT. THEY ARE NOT COVENANTS. SO MANY PEOPLE GET CONFUSED AND THEN START TRYING TO HINGE THE TWO COVENANT ARGUMENT ONTO HOW THE OLD TESTAMENT IS SEPARATE FROM THE NEW TESTAMENT. THEY ARE A CONTINUOUS DOCUMENT. I COME IN THE VOLUME OF THE BOOK. wink wink
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Nobody: 9:10pm On Feb 14, 2013
obadiah777: SAYS THE STRANGE MAN sad grin LET GO OFF MY BELIEF SYSTEM ? JUST WHEN WE ARE INCHES TO THE END OF THE ROAD ?? ALL THESE PROPHESIES COMING TO PAST ALL AROUND US ? THE INTERNAL DISINTEGRATION OF THE LAST EMPIRE ON EARTH ( AMERICA ), THE GATHERING OF THE WORLDS ARMY IN THE VALLEY OF JEHOSHAPHAT ( THE MIDDLE EAST ), THE SYRIAN TURMOIL, IRAN ( THE MEDES ) PROVOKING BABYLON ( AMERICA ) INTO THE THIRDS WORLD WAR, NORTH KOREA TESTING THEIR NUKES AND CHINA AND RUSSIA ALL TESTING THEIR NUKES AND STOCKPILING WEAPONRY, IRAN ALSO STOCKPILING WEAPONRY, THE WHOLE WORLD GEARING UP FOR A THERMONUCLEAR OR-GY IN WHICH THIS WORLD SYSTEM AS WE KNOW IT WOULD BE DESTROYED IN THERMONUCLEAR FIRE. THIS IS WHEN YOU WANT ME TO LET GO OFF MY BELIEF cry cry I ALWAYS KNEW YOU DIDNT LIKE ME IFENESS

Your beliefs are the result of what you imagine, and then activate with your feelings. The version with the most intense feelings attached to it, is the version that gets activated

As an analogy, if your computer screen offers you many choices, and all you have to do is click on one of them to select it, then your imagination is the total of all the available choices on the screen. Moving the mouse to the desired choice is like focusing your imagination on one particular vision. And then clicking on that choice is like using your feelings to activate your selection.

If war and destruction of the planet is not the external reality you wish to experience, you can change your beliefs, in order to change your external reality.

We live in an infinity possibilities reality. Personally, my own earth will not be destroyed because that is not what i believe,niether am i experiencing.
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by ijawkid(m): 10:29pm On Feb 14, 2013
obadiah777: LOL CHIEF FIELD MARSHALL CEO ALHAJI DR HONORABLE IJAWKID I TROWAY SALUTE SIR. BEEN A WHILE AINT IT ? I DONT KNOW ABOUT AZONTO AND ETIGI. SCRIPTURE DO SAY DO NOT GO INTO THE WAYS OF THE HEATHENS grin grin grin

Hehehehehehehe............me no know where etigi and azonto dance emanate from o......grin......

Meanwhile where have you been??.....you no dey even email your boy again...I loyal oooo....
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Goshen360(m): 10:32pm On Feb 14, 2013
^ I will send you the email o. I no forget you bro.
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Image123(m): 11:55pm On Feb 14, 2013
but Jo says this stuff all the time, and is labelled prosperity gospel. na wa oh. The followers of men can only see Gosh or Jo, not whether they say truth or error.

1 Like

Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Nobody: 12:32am On Feb 15, 2013
ifeness:

Your beliefs are the result of what you imagine, and then activate with your feelings. The version with the most intense feelings attached to it, is the version that gets activated

As an analogy, if your computer screen offers you many choices, and all you have to do is click on one of them to select it, then your imagination is the total of all the available choices on the screen. Moving the mouse to the desired choice is like focusing your imagination on one particular vision. And then clicking on that choice is like using your feelings to activate your selection.

If war and destruction of the planet is not the external reality you wish to experience, you can change your beliefs, in order to change your external reality.

We live in an infinity possibilities reality. Personally, my own earth will not be destroyed because that is not what i believe,niether am i experiencing.

HOLY CRAP I JUST GOT MIGRAINE AFTER READING THIS POST shocked undecided
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Nobody: 12:35am On Feb 15, 2013
ijawkid:

Hehehehehehehe............me no know where etigi and azonto dance emanate from o......grin......

Meanwhile where have you been??.....you no dey even email your boy again...I loyal oooo....
HEHE MY BROS NO VEX FOR ME ABEG. BROS, MAMA CHARLIE JUST DEY DEMAND HER POUND OF FLESH FOR THIS YONDER grin grin I GO DEFINITELY HOLLA NOW.
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Nobody: 12:37am On Feb 15, 2013
Image123: but Jo says this stuff all the time, and is labelled prosperity gospel. na wa oh. The followers of men can only see Gosh or Jo, not whether they say truth or error.
YEAH GOSHEN IS TRYNA BE THE NEXT OYEDEPO. I CAN SEE THAT HAPPENING REAL SOON. GOSHEN WILL EXTRACT ALL THE TITHES FROM THE NIGERIANS IN BROOKLYN AND THE BRONX. HIM GO COME BUY PRIVATE YACHT DEY CRUISE THE HUDSON RIVER. HIM GO COME BUY HOUSE FOR THE HAMPTONS. I KNOW THAT BRAH STYLE
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Goshen360(m): 2:23am On Feb 15, 2013
obadiah777: I FIND SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE THAT STUMBLING BLOCK. THEY INTERCHANGE COVENANT WITH TESTAMENT. AS SUCH THEY THINK THE OLD AND NEW TESTAMENT ARE TWO DIFFERENT CONVENANTS. TESTAMENT ONLY MEANS WRITTEN DOCUMENT. COVENANT HOWEVER MEANS AGREEMENT. THEY ARE TWO DIFFERENT THINGS. THE OLD AND NEW TESTAMENTS ARE ONE CONTINUOUS WRITTEN DOCUMENT. THEY ARE NOT COVENANTS. SO MANY PEOPLE GET CONFUSED AND THEN START TRYING TO HINGE THE TWO COVENANT ARGUMENT ONTO HOW THE OLD TESTAMENT IS SEPARATE FROM THE NEW TESTAMENT. THEY ARE A CONTINUOUS DOCUMENT. I COME IN THE VOLUME OF THE BOOK. wink wink

Since you just want to argue another thing again as covenant and agreement. Here is line by line, precept upon precept:

From here: http://www.biblestudytools.com/kjv/hebrews/12-24.html I opened a verse to define COVENANT in KJV. And here: http://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicons/greek/kjv/diatheke.html in the STRONG'S CONCORDANCE AND DICTIONARY for Biblical Word Study, we have the DEFINITION OR MEANING TO THE WORD COVENANT as below,

Definition of COVENANT

a disposition, arrangement, of any sort, which one wishes to be valid, the last disposition which one makes of his earthly possessions after his death, a testament or will, a compact, a covenant, a testament, God's covenant with Noah, etc.

SAME MANNER, THE WORD TESTAMENT. From here: http://www.biblestudytools.com/kjv/2-corinthians/3-6.html I opened a verse having the word TESTAMENT therein. And from here: http://www.biblestudytools.com/lexicons/greek/kjv/diatheke.html we have the definition and word meaning from the STRONG'S concordance,

Definition OF TESTAMENT:

a disposition, arrangement, of any sort, which one wishes to be valid, the last disposition which one makes of his earthly possessions after his death, a testament or will
a compact, a covenant, a testament
God's covenant with Noah, etc.

That's it as you have it!
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Nobody: 3:17am On Feb 15, 2013
ifeness:

You want to bring wealth back into the church and yet the book you read from contradicts itself " THE LORD WILL GIVE YOU WEALTH" and also says "MONEY IS THE ROOT OF ALL EVIL" . Isn't that contradicting? Which means if money is the root of all evil and and you make a lot of money that means you will be evil. if you don't want to be evil... so don't make any money. Wasn't that the preaching of the church back in the days?

You are right by admitting positive thinking will attract wealth(not faith in God) because the God mind ( which is creation,consciousness,energy,life,love) you are talking about is neutral. It will simply allow you to be whatever you chose or think of all the time. If you want wealth and you gonna hold onto it,you will likely not get it. Why? because the universe will not give you more than what you can handle.

Let go of every negative belief systems that makes you fear,demands certain things before you can get another.

One more thing. Money shouldn't be the focus but ABUNDANCE. Abundance is the ability to do whatever you want at any given time.

1 Timothy 6:10... it says it is the LOVE of money not money itself. Try not to be so ignorantly dishonest.
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Joagbaje(m): 10:00am On Feb 15, 2013
Goshen360: King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
But you shall remember the LORD your God: for it is he that gives you power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he swore unto your fathers, as it is this day. - Deuteronomy 8:18

Have you ever wondered why many Christians serve God and are still poor or broke? Hmmmmmmmm. If you're a Christian and yet still poor or broke, this is a word from heaven for you. It is very clear from NT scriptures that God doesn't want us poor. One of the things Christ sacrificed was for us to be made rich (2 Corinthians 8:9). One of the groups Christ was anointed to preach to are the poor (Luke 4:18).

There're two kinds of power as described in scriptures.

1. Power as it is in Deuteronomy 8:18
2. Power as it is in Acts 1:8.

Many church folk thinks when they receive power as in Acts 1:8, they speak in tongues and witness unto the Lord etc they automatically will have wealth. NO! You can receive power as in Acts 1:8, speak in tongues, witness unto the Lord and still be poor or broke. It doesn't mean you ain't gonna pay your bills. Permit me to say, spirituality is not to cover up for reality. Christianity is not an allusion to reality. Christianity is more than speaking in tongues, shouting, jumping etc without getting results. You can go to worship places on Sunday, shout, praise, sing, speak in tongues and witness etc, the reality is that you still got bills and expenses to take care of.

Now, what power is God talking about in Deuteronomy that doesn't equal the power in Acts. The power in Deuteronomy is from the Hebrew word Koach that conveys a meaning to be wisdom, understanding, skill, bodily strength, knowledge, insight, ideas and opportunities.

The power in Acts 1:8 is the Greek word dynamis that conveys its meaning as inherent power, power residing in a thing by virtue of its nature, or which a person or thing exerts and puts forth. This type of power doesn't convey the container or carrier but the power that resides within.

There is a difference between both power. God wasn't talking about power as it is in Acts 1:8 in Deuteronomy because Jesus had not come and be glorified yet for the Holy Spirit to give the power as it is in Acts 1:8, dynamis. So, when God speaks of power to get wealth to you - He speaks of skills, ideas, knowledge, insight, opportunities that will birth you wealth. It has nothing to do with speaking in tongues. Do you serve God and still live poor and can't pay your bills and expenses?

Look around you and stop waiting on God but see God in every opportunities, in ideas, insight, skills etc. God doesn't send the Holy Spirit to rain down money on you - He gives you insights, ideas, knowledge, opportunities etc that will eventually give you money or wealth. Somebody had an idea years back and that idea was to connect people globally via facebook. Today, we speak of him as a wealthy person. Somebody saw the needs in the society, and turned it into an opportunity, today we speak of them as wealthy people. Somebody came up with an insight to put sandwiches together, today we speak of Subway as a wealthy person. It's not enough to have faith, your faith must follow up with a corresponding action. There's opportunity all around you as I speak to you. Don't neglect that idea you had in the past. Don't neglect that opportunity, that insight, that skills. Think and let God's wealth be transfered to you!

New Living Translation (©2007)
Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect. - Romans 12:2

God bless you!

There balance in the bible. You don't work as though it all depends on work ,and you don't pray and abandon work. The word of God frowns at laziness . At the same time you must believe in the grace and blessing of God. Much labour without the blessing or grace will result into penury. You must honor God and source. Of ideas ,contacts ,networking you and the blessing of wisdom. If a man doesn't recognize the work of the holygjost in his life he will struggle. I've seen some christian labour hard without much coming in. Dissaapointment here and there .
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Goshen360(m): 3:12pm On Feb 15, 2013
^
Thanks brother Joagbaje for the addition.
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Image123(m): 9:19pm On Feb 15, 2013
Goshen360: ^
Thanks brother Joagbaje for the addition.
Haaaaaaaaaaaa hope the followers of men are taking notes.
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Goshen360(m): 9:25pm On Feb 15, 2013
Image123:
Haaaaaaaaaaaa hope the followers of men are taking notes.

E be like say you just like to dey pinch my eyes abi grin I go start dey dis-follow or UNinstall you o grin

Whatz up son (of God)? cool grin I can't wait to meet you when I come 9ja o.....but no tithe for you grin
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Image123(m): 10:10pm On Feb 15, 2013
Goshen360:

E be like say you just like to dey pinch my eyes abi grin I go start dey dis-follow or UNinstall you o grin

Whatz up son (of God)? cool grin I can't wait to meet you when I come 9ja o.....but no tithe for you grin
no tithe, no show hahaha. Make sure you get your tithe receipts for the past six months signed by your pastor. Then i will personally pray for you, heheheeee.
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by RedReact: 10:26pm On Feb 15, 2013
Bro Goshen, me I dey sell olive water for $4000 only and I will lay my legs on you so that you won't be kidnabbed in 9ja. If you want me to lay hands on you, your money will increase to 10k o in dorras. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:24pm On Feb 16, 2013
brainpulse:

It is on issues like this you support the Old testament and that is when its laws are important and relevant.

Good observation. Goshen will be the first person to say that the OT laws have been abolished only for him to use them when they are convenient. Hypocrisy of the highest order at play.
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Goshen360(m): 4:25pm On Feb 16, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

Good observation. Goshen will be the first person to say that the OT laws have been abolished only for him to use them when they are convenient. Hypocrisy of the highest order at play.

Who is manifesting hypocrisy here? Cant you read? The article says....IN THE LIGHT OF THE NEW TESTAMENT. Yes, the law of Moses is abolished and the new fulfills the old. So what's your fight? The problem with you law keepers is that you're trying to and teaching people to to use the OLD TESTAMENT to INTERPRET the NEW instead of using the NEW to INTERPRET the OLD because the old is ALREADY FULFILLED IN THE NEW.

1 Like

Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:55pm On Feb 16, 2013
Goshen360:

Who is manifesting hypocrisy here? Cant you read? The article says....IN THE LIGHT OF THE NEW TESTAMENT. Yes, the law of Moses is abolished and the new fulfills the old. So what's your fight? The problem with you law keepers is that you're trying to and teaching people to to use the OLD TESTAMENT to INTERPRET the NEW instead of using the NEW to INTERPRET the OLD because the old is ALREADY FULFILLED IN THE NEW.

Since the Moral law is abolished why don't you suggest armed robbery as to getting wealth, no? Don't you see the ungodly prospering?
Re: Understanding "Power To Get Wealth" In The Light Of The New Testament by Nobody: 7:58pm On Feb 16, 2013
Goshen.....ahh...ahh

This is some prosperity teaching here ooo!

Yet you complain about people who twist the bible.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Church Of England Appoints Woyin Dorgu As First Black Bishop / MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja / Paying Tithes Or Giving To The Needy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.