Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

You Must Quit Ibb Tells Obasanjo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Must Quit Ibb Tells Obasanjo (1562 Views)

Excuse Me From Your Conference - IBB Tells PDP / Stop Antagonizing Jonathan's government, Ebenezer Babatope Tells Obasanjo / Obj Vs Ibb: You’re An Ingrate, Fani- Kayode Tells Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Must Quit Ibb Tells Obasanjo by Odeku(m): 1:43pm On May 03, 2006
How ironic. and this is the same IBB that refused to leave when he was in office, and nullified the election twice. This same Ibb destroyed Nigeria and now he is talking of having Nigerians interest in mind.

Former Military President, General Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida on Tuesday asked President Olusegun Obasanjo to vacate the presidency in 2007.

Speaking on a British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) Hausa Service, Gen. Babangida said Obasanjo would be respecting the wishes of Nigerians if he vacates office, in accordance with the constitution.

The former military president kicked against third term for President Obasanjo, saying such privilege would spell doom for the nation.

According to him, his present stance on the issue had been adopted by the people of Niger State before the recommendations of the Senator Ibrahim Mantu National Assembly Joint Committee on Review of the 1999 Constitution, which met in Port Harcourt.

Said he: "My stand on the issue is as enunciated by my people in Niger State. Whatever their position is, definitely is my stand on the matter of third term. We in Niger State met and deliberated extensively on the matter. We the elders looked into the matter critically, even before people went to Port Harcourt. I am with the people of Niger State, with the governor of Niger State on this matter.

“What the governor of Niger State said is the view of the entire people of Niger State. Therefore, I support what he said. The people of Niger State told the governor point blank their position on the matter. I am an indigene of Niger State, hence I am with them on this matter,” he said. It will be recalled that Gov Abdulkadir Kure of Niger State is one of the greatest antagonists of the third term agenda, and he had walked out of the meeting in which the PDP leadership endorsed the gambit.

Babangida called on members of the National Assembly to abide by the wishes of the people who elected them and not to succumb to intimidation and fears since history and posterity will judge them.
“I’ll give them this piece of advice.

They should think that whatever they do in the coming days will definitely affect them in their lifetime. They should think that they have children. They should think of where they come from; they should think of the home they come from,” he said, adding: “Therefore, what I hope to see is that everyone of them should come out plainly and state his position, what his people want. If that is done, then, we are on the right path of truth, but if something is done secretly or with fear, this will not help us.”

On whether he has any regrets for the role he played in bringing the present government to power, Babangida said he has no regret supporting the presidency of Obasanjo in 1999, when he and other northern elite compelled the latter to vie for the highest office in the country. He said his action was done out of patriotism and love for the nation.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2006/may/03/national-03-05-2006-001.htm

1 Like

Re: You Must Quit Ibb Tells Obasanjo by DaHitler(m): 10:09am On May 08, 2006
IBB needs to be killed. As long as Nigerians show that they are unwilling to kill those that steal from the country, our economy would continue to suck. In fact, all the ex Millitary dictators should be forced to account for where they got all their wealth. Those that fail to provide sufficient evidence that they recieved it in a fair manner should be shot.
Re: You Must Quit Ibb Tells Obasanjo by toshmann(m): 12:27pm On May 11, 2006
hahaha. i laugh like a murderer. IBB? wonders shall never end. if not for him, by now we would have had real democracy and niether abacha nor obasanjo would have happened to nigeria.
IBB!!!!!!!!!heheheheee
all these emergency activists.
na wa o, i no know wetin to talk
Re: You Must Quit Ibb Tells Obasanjo by TruthsFM: 6:10am On Nov 01, 2023
FBI files coming out gradually. Hmm 🤔

(1) (Reply)

Which Way Nigeria / Mafia Rules Oil Sector –fg, Name The Mafia - Labour / Finally, I Now Own Niara Land --> Usd10m Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.