Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:08 AM

The World Is Desperate For Heroes. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The World Is Desperate For Heroes. (443 Views)

My Heroes On Nairaland / Most Desperate, Pathetic And Annoying Nairalanders Listed Here / 10 Unsung Heroes Of Nairaland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The World Is Desperate For Heroes. by ayd91(m): 10:19am On Feb 14, 2013
Through the rise and passage of time man has selected and recognized people they regard as outstanding and worthy of the coveted position of Heroes and what not.
But nowadays its crazy who we celebrate as heroes:
Osama: bombings and murder.
Obama: first US black president.
Chilean miners: for getting trapped underground.
St. Valentine: got himself killed for officiating marriage.
Mandela: go himself jailed for his people and self.
Abiola (MKO): for aspiring to be president against all odds and got killed. For who?
Ojukwu: for resisting being short changed and deprived of his rightful position as head of state.. Don't mean to bore you but you know how it all ended up.
Gowon: for short changing Ojukwu and killing several Nigerians in "uniting" the country.
Who knows what we will celebrate next.
May be s e u n for putting this on the front page.

Please Note: i know this men did much more than this, but this is my way of using sarcasm to show how the world operates.

(1) (Reply)

Fueless & Noiseless Power Gen.!!! / What Will You Do? / 20ft Sinkhole Swallowed A Flouridan Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.