Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,898 members, 7,848,635 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 07:48 AM

What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? (2747 Views)

I Dont Know What Is Wrong With Whogohost My Website Server Is Going Down / What Is Wrong With Building 5 Page Websites For 5,000? I Do / What Is Wrong With Yahoo Mail? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by WordPresser(m): 7:10am On Feb 20, 2013
Well, it appears syskay is back however, you can't expect 100% operation instantly....5 days mess will leave many cases that needs fast calculative attention. All my sites are back expect for the expired ones which I was updated via mail after asking if those sites were actually expired. Send them a mail and GET answers, answering phone calls in the stubble will increase pressure for the already pressurized no1 hosting firm in naija. wink Nice tact!
Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by trusted1: 2:06pm On Feb 20, 2013
luzoma: they are not back.... Their lines are still dead and they are still not responding to mails..i had to report to their host - Spirit communications (syskay, i learnt is just a reseller) and i think that's why sites on that server came back online. Without their contact, you still will not be able to renew your expired or about to expire accounts...
THEY ARE BACK!!! Lets be honest about it, this could happen to any webmaster or host company.
Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by WordPresser(m): 8:08pm On Feb 21, 2013
luzoma, that"s the challenge I am having now with them, I can't renew my expired domains...can't get them over the phone and they are not responding to mails on expired domains....jeeze!!!
Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by DualCore1: 8:54pm On Feb 21, 2013
WordPresser: luzoma, that"s the challenge I am having now with them, I can't renew my expired domains...can't get them over the phone and they are not responding to mails on expired domains....jeeze!!!
Inconsistency
https://www.nairaland.com/1195853/what-wrong-syskay-hosting/1#14402361
Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by damnyke(f): 10:14pm On Feb 21, 2013
Please Folks I kind of have a different problem with syskay. I mistakenly deleted my public_html folder in my cpanel and I was told to contact them to reinstall it back but they said it is not possible.

How can I transfer my domain name to another host?
Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by DualCore1: 10:28pm On Feb 21, 2013
damnyke: Please Folks I kind of have a different problem with syskay. I mistakenly deleted my public_html folder in my cpanel and I was told to contact them to reinstall it back but they said it is not possible.

How can I transfer my domain name to another host?

That's serious. You don't need to switch host just because of this. Its a mistake you made, just don't make the same mistake again. Also, you should run regular backups of your site using the cPanel backup utility.

It seems to me Syskay does not offer backup services (according to the TOS), that's a really sad discovery.
Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by WordPresser(m): 9:07pm On Feb 22, 2013
DualCore, the rookie web designer is aksing for a solution and not an advice. Dymnyke, you should contact them via email and I believe the mistake will be corrected but you have to upload your web files back into the public_html (root). I once mistakenly deleted my .htacess and then I didn't know how to create another one. I contacted syskay about it but the admin said I should create another one but I didn't know how to do it then. I have to keep boxing them with mails and finally, the .htacess was created by them.
Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by DualCore1: 9:31pm On Feb 22, 2013
WordPresser: DualCore, the rookie web designer is aksing for a solution and not an advice.
When you see a car owner complaining to the mechanic about his car and asking for the cost of a new car and you see the mechanic (who in his experience should know better) giving the car owner advice as to how to use his present car in such a way as not to have to spend money buying a new one.... you can tell the mechanic "mechanic the car owner is looking for solution and not advice".
Re: What Is Wrong With Syskay Hosting? ??? by mavtrevor(m): 2:11am On Feb 23, 2013
...just another reason for you guys to move to a more reliable server, i learnt my lessons a long time ago from Syskay when they just removed my blog from their server for resource consumption on their 12k per annum server, thats bulshit....no matter the amount of traffic i was pulling at least they should've givem me some time t move, this guys kept me offline for days even when i was pleading, i then moved to arvixe and i've never had any issues, and the best part is that you can actually make payments with your Nigerian Mastercards.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is There Any Jumia Or Konga Affiliate Being Paid? / Adult.xyz - Get Paid To Share Adult Links On The Internet! Created By / Top 6 SEO Most Common Mistakes To Avoid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.