Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:38 AM

Lesson You Learnt From Goldie's Life And Death? - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lesson You Learnt From Goldie's Life And Death? (19489 Views)

Denrele Visits Late Goldie's Grave, Pays Emotional Tribute (Photos) / Pictures From Goldie Harvey's Funeral / Goldie: Life & Times Of The Iconic Singer. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lesson You Learnt From Goldie's Life And Death? by UyiIredia(m): 2:40pm On Feb 15, 2013
That one must be content with life and have it mind that he/she can die anytime.
Re: Lesson You Learnt From Goldie's Life And Death? by bedford101(m): 3:04pm On Feb 15, 2013
moral DONT WEAR PANTS, BUM SHORTS & JUMPERS TO AMERICA BECOS OF UR FASHION CRAZE. DRESS TO SUIT THE WEATHER!!!
Re: Lesson You Learnt From Goldie's Life And Death? by exago(m): 3:04pm On Feb 15, 2013
No matter HOW LONG, LIFE IS STILL SHORT on this side of the Divide.

since this is the case why waste it living in sin.....Turn to JESUS today and Live Life to the FULL
Re: Lesson You Learnt From Goldie's Life And Death? by OmoAlata(f): 3:18pm On Feb 15, 2013
ambrosini593:

what lesson did you learn from her life and death?

Let's hear from you

I only learnt of her existence after she died sad(don't live in Nigeria btw) so nothing to learn from her life nor death (probably except to move around more whilst in a plane).
Re: Lesson You Learnt From Goldie's Life And Death? by braxjay(m): 3:32pm On Feb 15, 2013
holly-pagan:
who is she
you don't know yet have devices that can go to the internet. have you heard of a web site "www.google.com" ? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed #MuchSaid
Re: Lesson You Learnt From Goldie's Life And Death? by braxjay(m): 3:33pm On Feb 15, 2013
madan: Go to google, u will know who she is. U don't need to come here asking such dumb question when people are in a very sad mood. Mtchewwww!!!
spoken well dear
Re: Lesson You Learnt From Goldie's Life And Death? by Kassidy90(m): 3:39pm On Feb 15, 2013
Death is inevitable even a madman knows that, I will die one day, @op will die one day, you reading my post will die one day, even seun will die one day, so to me death is nt a big deal, all am afraid of is dying as non - believer, millions of people died yesterday so why is hers so special, una beta go look for beta things to do......anyway may her soul rest in peace
Re: Lesson You Learnt From Goldie's Life And Death? by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 3:40pm On Feb 15, 2013
Pastor Olu T: understand d point in d post b4 commenting!

I woulda understood the point perfectly if it ended at "serving God and serving others", but the "not seeking personal attention" bit makes it clear that the poster i quoted had a problem with Goldie's celeb status. Is it so hard to believe that God also makes rich and famous? WHy do all these so-called "true christians" believe that being a celebrity and a good christian are mutually exclusive?
Re: Lesson You Learnt From Goldie's Life And Death? by Kassidy90(m): 3:40pm On Feb 15, 2013
Death is inevitable even a madman knows that, I will die one day, @op will die one day, you reading my post will die one day, even seun will die one day, so to me death is nt a big deal, all am afraid of is dying as non - believer, millions of people died yesterday so why is hers so special and have any lesson to learn, una beta go look for beta things to do......anyway may her soul rest in peace
Re: Lesson You Learnt From Goldie's Life And Death? by Ekowise(m): 3:48pm On Feb 15, 2013
Be BORN AGAIN!!!!!!!!
Re: Lesson You Learnt From Goldie's Life And Death? by bisiswag(f): 4:23pm On Feb 15, 2013
Live,laugh and love true'
Never take things 2 seriously'
Be good to people and bear no grudges'
Most importantly pray constantly and never ever forget your God cos at the end its all vanity'
R.I.P Miss Harvey
Re: Lesson You Learnt From Goldie's Life And Death? by bitingcool: 4:29pm On Feb 15, 2013
What this has once again reminded me is that at the end of the day, making heaven is all that matters. By now Goldie would have passed through the valley of the shadow of death and faced judgement cos the bible says it is appointed unto men to die and after death judgement.

No matter how we live our lives, if we do now make heaven then all is nothing. That is what all this brings to fore. Whether we lived life as a success or failure, if we never prepare for eternity, then we have Failed in our existence. From Big Brother, I knew Goldie as a gentle, calm, softhearted and peaceful lady. I only hope she was spiritually okay with God her maker. May her gentle soul rest in peace and May our lives be a living testimony for God in Jesus Name. Amen.
Re: Lesson You Learnt From Goldie's Life And Death? by Orikinla(m): 4:33pm On Feb 15, 2013
[size=48pt]Nobody knows tomorrow.
So, beware of how you are living your life today.[/size]
Re: Lesson You Learnt From Goldie's Life And Death? by Oloruntoba75: 5:23pm On Feb 15, 2013
Olodostein:
I concur.

May your blessings be as plentiful as the sands of the earth.
Olodostein:

I concur.

Olodostein:
one major prayer we should be pray all d time is God pls teach me ur way,teach me hw 2live on earth,so dat Devil would nt get me at d point of opportunities,becus dis is one area Devil alws waiting 4us,at d end we'll become a useful Tools dat he use 2gloryfy his Desire,may God open ur spiritual eyes 2see n ear 2hear b4 it become tolate.
I concur.

Re: Lesson You Learnt From Goldie's Life And Death? by Oloruntoba75: 5:29pm On Feb 15, 2013
frosbel: 1. True joy comes from serving God and serving others, not by gaining personal attention - Philippians 2:2.

2. Fulfillment comes only through a right relationship with God. Ecclesiastes 2:1-11. Only God can give true joy. The pursuit of anything else is frustrating at best and ultimately devastating. John 3:27-30
Re: Lesson You Learnt From Goldie's Life And Death? by Oloruntoba75: 5:46pm On Feb 15, 2013
Olodostein:

Your destiny is to serve God and mankind. Have Jesus in your life and every other thing will be added unto you.
cheesy
Olodostein:

Your destiny is to serve God and mankind. Have Jesus in your life and every other thing will be added unto you.
Re: Lesson You Learnt From Goldie's Life And Death? by mzansigirl(f): 6:18pm On Feb 15, 2013
Forgive those who tresspass against u, so u don't die witth a grudge in ur heart- that's what I learnt from Goldie. May she rest in peace #still shocked#
Re: Lesson You Learnt From Goldie's Life And Death? by forkinsonlolo(m): 6:19pm On Feb 15, 2013
The only lesson i learnt is to always pray to God for forgiveness and for God to grant us paradise before we die because life is too short and death can happen to anyone at any time. No one ever and will never get out of this universe alive, forget the religious view or what happen in films. [size=30pt]each and everyone of us will die one day we dont know[/size]. am so so scared of God cry. Shes dead and we are her only hope, I pray to God to forgive her of her sins
Re: Lesson You Learnt From Goldie's Life And Death? by Nautical000(m): 6:42pm On Feb 15, 2013
Use ur lyf to serve jesus
Re: Lesson You Learnt From Goldie's Life And Death? by Orikinla(m): 6:59pm On Feb 15, 2013
forkinsonlolo: The only lesson i learnt is to always pray to God for forgiveness and for God to grant us paradise before we die because life is too short and death can happen to anyone at any time. No one ever and will never get out of this universe alive, forget the religious view or what happen in films. [size=30pt]each and everyone of us will die one day we dont know[/size]. am so so scared of God cry. Shes dead and we are her only hope, I pray to God to forgive her of her sins

Don't be scared of God, just trust Him in Love, Spirit and Truth.
Re: Lesson You Learnt From Goldie's Life And Death? by olempe(m): 7:50pm On Feb 15, 2013
senbonzakura_kageyoshi:

And what do you know about her relationship with God?

Google is ur friend...
Re: Lesson You Learnt From Goldie's Life And Death? by WORDALIVE: 7:59pm On Feb 15, 2013
frosbel: 1. True joy comes from serving God and serving others, not by gaining personal attention - Philippians 2:2.

2. Fulfillment comes only through a right relationship with God. Ecclesiastes 2:1-11. Only God can give true joy. The pursuit of anything else is frustrating at best and ultimately devastating. John 3:27-30
God bless u for this.
Re: Lesson You Learnt From Goldie's Life And Death? by forkinsonlolo(m): 8:27pm On Feb 15, 2013
Orikinla:

Don't be scared of God, just trust Him in Love, Spirit and Truth.
trust Him for what? that he will not kill me? angry
Re: Lesson You Learnt From Goldie's Life And Death? by WORDALIVE: 8:34pm On Feb 15, 2013
senbonzakura_kageyoshi:

In essence, she shouldn't have been a celeb, right?

And what do you know about her relationship with God?
My beloved, don,t be narrow minded
Re: Lesson You Learnt From Goldie's Life And Death? by trolling(m): 8:39pm On Feb 15, 2013
Redd: I 4 one almost lost my life last night. I was in an accident n i still cant tell how it happened cos i was asleep in the cab i hired. All i can say is that as i sat down on the road with few aches here and there, i realized that there was a thin line btw life and death. This happened b4 i hrd of Goldie"s death and it made the revelation even more vivid. I guess i got a second chance but goldie dint but this doesn't mean that when my day finally comes there will be another chance. Y.O.L.O (You Only Live Once) So make it count. I love u Goldie, may ur loving and gentle soul R.I.P. cry cry
point of correction, we live twice, your first life determines your afterlife
Re: Lesson You Learnt From Goldie's Life And Death? by trolling(m): 8:44pm On Feb 15, 2013
For there is a man whose labour is in wisdom, and in knowledge, and in equity; yet to a man that hath not laboured therein shall he leave it for his portion. This also is vanity and a GREAT evil.Ecc 2:21...i'll advise people to read Ecclesiastics again
Re: Lesson You Learnt From Goldie's Life And Death? by lifestyle1(m): 10:08pm On Feb 15, 2013
That you shouldn't take your health for granted. Go for medical check up once in a while. Don't wait till you are sick before seeing the doctor.

I was at the hospital today to check my self and I was diagnosed of malaria parasite.

I paid for a card (N300) and was charge a ridiculous amount of N70 for the drugs. Lol
Re: Lesson You Learnt From Goldie's Life And Death? by Nobody: 2:12am On Feb 16, 2013
Well, As a Rising Star in Nigeria, u'd only tend to get famous if u Die in the best of Inexplicable manner - Whateva happened to my Listening to Dagrin's and now dis deceased Chick's Songs when they were alive undecided
Re: Lesson You Learnt From Goldie's Life And Death? by InvertedHammer: 4:28am On Feb 16, 2013

BALL TILL D WHEELS FALL OFF!

Re: Lesson You Learnt From Goldie's Life And Death? by osisey2010: 9:48pm On Feb 16, 2013
Not all ladies that glitter is goldie
Re: Lesson You Learnt From Goldie's Life And Death? by xerxes456(m): 6:39pm On Feb 22, 2013
[size=15pt]only one life d rest na story... make it count...[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kiss Daniel Becomes Hennessy Ambassador (Photos) / Toolz: Never Allow Your Partner Support You Financially 100%- OAP Advises Ladies / Caroline Danjuma Shades Home Breakers As She Weighs In On Domestic Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.