Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,190 members, 7,835,957 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? (28603 Views)

How To Combat Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) / Picture Of Aninfection Caused By Tatoo / “goldie Died Of Pulmonary Embolism” – Hospital Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by Akwenukemarho(m): 11:47am On Feb 15, 2013
What happened is very sad indeed, It's just sinking in to me that we've lost someone who had stolen the hearts of millions of africans, she will surely be missed, the cause of death shouldn't be an issue now, what we need to do is reach out to her family and friends in this their time of sorrow, and pray that God gives them the strength, to bear this terrible loss, very painful indeed, Goldie why? Why did u have to die? Smh, *sobs*

1 Like

Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by nagoma(m): 11:49am On Feb 15, 2013
[quote ]

People travelling on long flights are advised to take a small dose of anticoagulant to prevent clots whilst on air.[/quote]

What do you mean by anticoagulants?
Can we have the references for this please?
Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by nagoma(m): 11:49am On Feb 15, 2013
jennykadry: Pulmonary embolism is a clot that travels to the lungs .DVT, stroke, surgery, etc can cause this? Sir how did cold enter into the equation?

People travelling on long flights are advised to take a small dose of anticoagulant to prevent clots whilst on air.

This advice is new to me. Advising normal people to be given anticoagulants because they are traveling by air? Pleas substantiate this by siting authoritative and credible references. Thank you.
Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by Chinom(m): 11:50am On Feb 15, 2013
SuyaEater: This is what killed heavy D when he traveled from europe to america

plz plz take aspirin while u are on a long trip....and walk around....do not sit in a place for a long period of time....go use the bathroom frequently

I can only imagine what the next Virgin Atlantic flight from London to Lagos will be like. Oshodi market will be less crowded than the alley. Trust Nigerians.Especially Yoruba's.

2 Likes

Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by DrWhizy(m): 11:51am On Feb 15, 2013
stonebridge: Embolism is a blood clot that forms in any part of the body and travels anywhere in the body. If it travels to the brain undetected, it may cause seizure,stroke or instant death. Her one was pulmonary meaning that the clot lodged into her lungs and caused the damage. Sometimes the clot is more than one and they can only find out if they perform autopsy. That was what happened to Hilary Clinton late last year and that disease has been linked to flying for a prolonged period. Women are more susceptible to blood clot when they sit on a plane for a period of 6 hours or more.
buh I feel 6 hrs is quite small for a thromboemboli 2 hav started forming and caused PE from air travel alone. Who knows, oda factors cld b involved. May she r.I.p sha.
Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by Reference(m): 11:52am On Feb 15, 2013
opee1231: okay now which one are we to believe? CEO of Kennis music said she complained of severe headache which was the first thing i came across from gist express, here is another one saying she died of pulmonary embolism...pls hows that related, or pple just formulate their own story cus she jst got back from the state and its still winter there or what??

Of course it could have been the sign of an impending stroke. Who knows.
Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by Gluckdude(m): 11:53am On Feb 15, 2013
Why has no pilot died of the so called disease as they spend most of their life span airborne.
#justasking#

4 Likes

Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by asids55: 11:53am On Feb 15, 2013
the next thing we get to hear is that tb joshua foresaw it
Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by Chinom(m): 11:56am On Feb 15, 2013
opee1231: okay now which one are we to believe? CEO of Kennis music said she complained of severe headache which was the first thing i came across from gist express, here is another one saying she died of pulmonary embolism...pls hows that related, or pple just formulate their own story cus she jst got back from the state and its still winter there or what??

Yea ! that guy is basically saying that the Yankee clold killed her. Especially when you move suddenly to a very very hot climate. The difference between Yankee and British winter to Nigerian permenent summer is incredible. Could kill a person meehnn.

1 Like

Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by Ejine(m): 11:59am On Feb 15, 2013
nellaluv: juju from prezzo's wife village cry
R.i.p babe.

Make una stop dis thing nau. E don leave joke, enter rough play o.
Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by Nobody: 11:59am On Feb 15, 2013
The headache was as a result of the embolism due to her blood pressure shooting up while it was happening.
Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by 1k001(m): 11:59am On Feb 15, 2013
A massive Pulmonary embolism (PE) may well be a cause.

I also heard she complained of a severe headache prior to passing on which may have been caused by a subarachnoid haemorrhage.

Both conditions can be suddenly fatal.

Regarding PE, long distance flights are indeed a risk factor.

Remmeber to when flying:
- Stay hydrated, drink plenty of water. Avoid alcohol.
- Carry out recommended exercises regularly while sitting
- Walk around the cabin as much as is possible

This is particularly pertinent for:
- females over 35 who smoke and/ or take the oral contraceptive pill.
- People with cancer or history of cancer
- Family history or personal history of clots

This is by no means exhaustive but should help whoever is interested.

Remember though that sometimes regardless of whatever precaution one might take, illness can and does still strike.

So live and let live, enjoy life and add value to humanity in all you do.

Let your eulogy be easy to write!

2 Likes

Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by nekky83(f): 12:02pm On Feb 15, 2013
undecided
nellaluv: juju from prezzo's wife village cry
R.i.p babe.
Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by DeCleff(m): 12:03pm On Feb 15, 2013
I can't tell exactly what led to her death but am thinking that it may be connected to trick that also led to the death of Whitney Houston a year ago!!!

Use ur tongue and count ur teeth!!!
Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by Reference(m): 12:04pm On Feb 15, 2013
Gluckdude: Why has no pilot died of the so called disease they spend most of their life spank airborne.
#justasking#

The health standards of aircrews are much higher. They undertake medical examinations regularly and for flights above 5 or 6 hrs (I think ) there is a relief crew to allow them nap, walk around and chat up the pretty stews.

Anyway circulatory problems is a prime killer of pilots.

2 Likes

Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by elampiro(m): 12:06pm On Feb 15, 2013
Gluckdude: Why has no pilot died of the so called disease they spend most of their life spank airborne.
#justasking#

This is the most sensible post here.

Everyone has suddenly become a doctor. The Kennis music report said she only complained of headache, no doctor has spoken yet. Let's leave this aspect to the doctors to determine what killed her.
Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by elampiro(m): 12:08pm On Feb 15, 2013
lawanson44: The headache was as a result of the embolism due to her blood pressure shooting up while it was happening.

Are you a medical doctor? Let's be sure of the authority that is talking to us.
Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by Nobody: 12:15pm On Feb 15, 2013
elampiro:

This is the most sensible post here.

Everyone has suddenly become a doctor. The Kennis music report said she only complained of headache, no doctor has spoken yet. Let's leave this aspect to the doctors to determine what killed her.

I don't think that one need to be a Medical Doctor to discuss or give reasons for what happened...the internet have a vast array of knowledge based information that helps..not everybody come to the internet just to chat and get entertained alone...most people come here to learn something away from their professional area of study..

Am personally getting to hear about DVT today and to me that means a whole lot ..as cheap as this info may sound...its not something I can buy off the shelf.

So please don't try to gag people from discussing this.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by Jarus(m): 12:15pm On Feb 15, 2013
jennykadry: Pulmonary embolism is a clot that travels to the lungs .DVT, stroke, surgery, etc can cause this? Sir how did cold enter into the equation?

People travelling on long flights are advised to take a small dose of anticoagulant to prevent clots whilst on air.

abeg, break this thing further down. Wetin be anti-coagulant? Which chemist dey sell am cheesy

More seriously, your advice is noted, especially with respect to walking around while on long flight.

Meanwhile, did she have any kind of ailment she is been managing before?
Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by jmoore(m): 12:16pm On Feb 15, 2013
Almost everyone is now a doctor.....smh
Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by Nobody: 12:17pm On Feb 15, 2013

Aunty, them don publish the autopsy already abi na una infra-red eye una take see this one.
Btw, na leg she take go the u.s, no be flight why she no die for grammy undecided
Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by ferhyntorlah(f): 12:21pm On Feb 15, 2013
jennykadry: Australia is like the "end of the world "so when I am travelling down to Nigeria I go prepared. I have seen some blacks wear expensive heels on air just to prove what in Nigeria?

I don't sit for long, I wear TED STOCKINGS sometimes, I take my snickers off and walk bare feet.

Jenny, after you dropped your first comment on this thread, I was thinking this is coming from a medical professional and someone who reside in the down under. She knows what she's saying.

Thank you for the lecture Doc Jenny!
Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by tsmith(f): 12:26pm On Feb 15, 2013

Severe headache is a major sign of PE, you can read up on the signs. A friend had same issue after child birth and nearly died, she complained of a banging headache and went into a deep sleep with loud snores which her hubby thought was unusual especially as she couldn't be roused, however the silly midwives thought it was due to the childbirth trauma she just went through. Long and short, she was taking to the emergency surgery to drain the blood from her brain.

1 Like

Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by JadeWilliam(f): 12:26pm On Feb 15, 2013
My question stil remains:Was sh d only one dat flew d plane back frm d states? Y hasn't al these travellers ended up dead cos I knw ppl that travel to diff countries 5-10xs a month? Mayb pneumonia but can pneumonia kill dat fast without symptoms cos I saw what sh wore to d grammys where snow was falling.An autopsy wil reveal more.Stil her death is devastating.OMG
Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by MsPweshy(f): 12:27pm On Feb 15, 2013
Can't believe that she is dead...but why her,God knows best tho
Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by iamdsam: 12:28pm On Feb 15, 2013
What is pulmonary embolism Grammer nor go kill person o!
Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by Adurangba(f): 12:30pm On Feb 15, 2013
Even those who have never been on a plane are now claiming they travel a lot. RIP Goldie.

What will be will be. If you like stand all the way from Newark in America to Singapore on the world's longest non stop flight, 18.5 hours flight time, if your time has come, nothing you will do about it.
Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by pappilo(m): 12:31pm On Feb 15, 2013
Gluckdude: Why has no pilot died of the so called disease as they spend most of their life span airborne.
#justasking#

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/pilot-health/64428-dvt-blood-clot-pe-threat-pilots.html

http://www.pprune.org/archive/index.php/t-198475.html

With all ''natural'' occurring ailments, it is a case of chance. Thats why you hear things like 1 in 100,000 chance for a baby to suffer down syndrome. Why does a perfectly healthy person that has no history of smoking suddenly develop lung cancer?

I suffered a PE last year and I am in my mid 30s! i couldnt walk 2 steps without stopping. I had been on a 4 hour flight 10 days earlier + 2hours held up in the plane because of some disturbance at my destination airport. I hate flying so when I get on a plane, I just sit dwn and dont move until I get to my destination dont do this anymore now i know better). Basically I was sat in a tight, cramped space in coach for approximately 6 hours.

1 Like

Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by Nobody: 12:34pm On Feb 15, 2013
Good Girl:
So you think because Nigerians resort to "juju" to solve all their problems (like eliminating their "enemies" ), every other person does the same? You have no idea how unintelligent you sound. Prezzo was separated from his wife and they had both moved on since.
You get a flat tire - it's a witch in your village that is responsible
You fail your exams - it's a witch in your village that's responsible
You get yourself into bad relationships that won't last - it's a witch in your village that's responsible
You get your purse stolen - it's a witch in your village that's responsible
Not Nigerians, it's Yoruba people cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married / Bumps On The Neck @ The Back Of The Head (picture) / Drug Addiction Reduces Hardworking Young Man Into A Scavenger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.