Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,062 members, 7,852,595 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 09:11 PM

Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? (28617 Views)

How To Combat Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) / Picture Of Aninfection Caused By Tatoo / “goldie Died Of Pulmonary Embolism” – Hospital Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 15, 2013
Jacide: ,

Not Nigerians it's Yoruba people cheesy

Really?
Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by biolabee(m): 12:45pm On Feb 15, 2013
Though DVT or PE as some peopl are saying seems plausible
It is presumptious for people to assume that is the cause of her death

No one here knows her medical history
She may have had a weak heart, reacted drastically to allergens, sudden high blood pressure or may have been poisoned

You dont know squat maybe she had been managing a pre existing medical condition
People just jump to conclusions to show an iota of smartness.

1 Like

Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by tellwisdom: 12:50pm On Feb 15, 2013
How can primary diabolism cause her death?? Say something else jor angry angry
Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by remecy(f): 12:52pm On Feb 15, 2013
This disease called P.E is it sudden or it grows over time, pls am curious.
Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by wiltord(m): 12:53pm On Feb 15, 2013
Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by Reference(m): 12:57pm On Feb 15, 2013
pappilo:

http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/pilot-health/64428-dvt-blood-clot-pe-threat-pilots.html

http://www.pprune.org/archive/index.php/t-198475.html

With all ''natural'' occurring ailments, it is a case of chance. Thats why you hear things like 1 in 100,000 chance for a baby to suffer down syndrome. Why does a perfectly healthy person that has no history of smoking suddenly develop lung cancer?

I suffered a PE last year and I am in my mid 30s! i couldnt walk 2 steps without stopping. I had been on a 4 hour flight 10 days earlier + 2hours held up in the plane because of some disturbance at my destination airport. I hate flying so when I get on a plane, I just sit dwn and dont move until I get to my destination dont do this anymore now i know better). Basically I was sat in a tight, cramped space in coach for approximately 6 hours.

Its good to share information and experiences. Don't let the quest for ignorance on parts of this forum disuage you. When things happen people ask questions and by so doing learn. P.E is a threat out there. It goes beyond the late artiste and situations like these afford the opportunity to discuss them.

I travel a lot, I mean a lot throughout the country by air and road and I've had some one in my party die suddenly after a trip sometime ago. And except one will just play dumb you cannot but ask why.

Another thing about P.E. If you've been in vigorous activity for a while before 'long confinement' such as sportsmen, be wary.

1 Like

Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by Reference(m): 1:05pm On Feb 15, 2013
remecy: This disease called P.E is it sudden or it grows over time, pls am curious.

Its not a disease per se. Its a 'situation'. There are predisposing factors to the formation of clots. But how big they grow, move and ultimately clog your system is purely chance.
Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by pekelepekele(m): 1:11pm On Feb 15, 2013
Where is Patrick Obaihgbon when you need him? "pulmonary embolism" ?
Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Feb 15, 2013
pekelepekele: Where is Patrick Obaihgbon when you need him? "pulmonary embolism" ?
hahahahahaha .... I never hear this disease before ooo... even as Aids Kill reach, at least aids will still give you 20 years plus... if na so, lets pray for OBJ and all those Corrupt thieves to die of dis "Pulmonayy Egodomigodo.", rather tha our sweetheart goldie... !!
Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by Revolva(m): 1:16pm On Feb 15, 2013
shocked sho na wa oo I believe she died of blood clot.. And I am also hearing she was a drug addict she died of drugs ...na wa oo rumours dey spread oo
Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Feb 15, 2013
great1: hahahahahaha .... I never hear this disease before ooo... even as Aids Kill reach, at least aids will still give you 20 years plus... if na so, lets pray for OBJ and all those Corrupt thieves to die of dis "Pulmonayy Egodomigodo.", rather tha our sweetheart goldie... !!
you didn't sound funny one bit if that was your intention. Since you can access NL why not access google too? Last time I checked, google was still free. Smh.
Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by Nobody: 1:49pm On Feb 15, 2013
hmmmm, Even with the wealth she's got
they say health is wealth even at that Death remains a leveler.
May God grant her soul eternal repose!
Our question from now should be:
Whose turn is next?
sad sad sad sad

Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by sofadj(m): 1:58pm On Feb 15, 2013
Guys are just jumping into conclusions here, sudden death can be from, stroke, myocardial infarction, pulmonary embolism. Stroke and Pulmonary embolism could be from blood clots however its quite uncommon in young pple except in people who already have the tendency. In her case u need to know her previous medical history to have an idea of what caused her death...she could have had a diseased heart valve, or hole in the heart, she could be asthmatic, she could be a sickle cell disease person. In summary you can't just jump into conclusion from d little knowledge u have of her medical history. Let autopsy report show the true cause.
Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by waterhouse071(m): 2:45pm On Feb 15, 2013
RIP. d pulmonary embolism could be linked to prolonged sitting during d flight which could also be aggravated if she used to smoke or use oral contraceptive pills. RIP goldie
Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by Acidosis(m): 2:46pm On Feb 15, 2013
Someone made a quick guess about the cause of her death as it may likely relate to illuminati and other crap BUT we all insulted the Op cos he didn't spend 6years in the medical school... smiley

Now that the cause is known to be PULMONARY EMBOLISM, I hope y'all are satisfied...
Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by Josh316(m): 2:47pm On Feb 15, 2013
tsmith:

Severe headache is a major sign of PE, you can read up on the signs. A friend had same issue after child birth and nearly died, she complained of a banging headache and went into a deep sleep with loud snores which her hubby thought was unusual especially as she couldn't be roused, however the silly midwives thought it was due to the childbirth trauma she just went through. Long and short, she was taking to the emergency surgery to drain the blood from her brain.

Chest Pain NOT Headache is a major sign of PE. However, the person will feel light headed and may even faint. The headache might occur if there is severe vasodilatation of the vessels in the brain especially if the PE is not very dramatic meaning that the person has time to 'feel' there is a problem. Otherwise, it's sudden shortage of breath, collapse and instant death in many cases

1 Like

Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by Nobody: 2:54pm On Feb 15, 2013
Jacide:
Not Nigerians, it's Yoruba people cheesy
i hate tribalistic rants..... it shows low level of reasoning
Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by litgirl22: 3:12pm On Feb 15, 2013
The cause of her death may not have been pulmonary embolism from flying.

She looked ill from the grammy pics. Pale and ghostlike. Let's not jump into conclusions with this one because there may be more to it than "sudden death."
Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by Roon9(m): 3:20pm On Feb 15, 2013
Rubbish!!! Pulmonary crap! They shud tell us wat kill her Ј°ó®. Ɣε̲̣̣̣̥§ am impliying that dias more 2 a death
Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by preselect(m): 3:34pm On Feb 15, 2013
Roon9: Rubbish!!! Pulmonary crap! They shud tell us wat kill her Ј°ó®. Ɣε̲̣̣̣̥§ am impliying that dias more 2 a death

Sudden death after a long distance flight in a young lady ( who MAY be on oral contraceptives) = very high risk of DVT --- +/- -------->PE---- +/- ---->sudden death

Leave this juju things alone, this is 2013

1 Like

Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by BOLOSKY: 3:48pm On Feb 15, 2013
I guess i was lucky,suffered something similar few months back and ended up with a stroke..the headache was so bad I was begging for sleeping pills but my doctor refused..very OK naw sha..Anywayz I think we should all keep a healthy lifestyle as a lot of Nigerians hardly go for medical check up untill there is fire on the mountain...R.I.P Goldie .

1 Like

Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by MadCow1: 4:03pm On Feb 15, 2013
lawanson44: [b]Some folks here in Nigeria are blaming doctors for incompetency and other bladadash...Goldie's death was inevitable and there was nothing that the doctors would have done to save her even if it was in America. Goldie died of a medical case called Deep Vein Thrombosis or DVT. It usually occurs when there is a blood clot in the deep vein. That is why it is very important not to sit down for too long in a place without stretching and moving about esp in long-distance travels by air.

Most deep vein blood clots occur in the lower leg or thigh. They also can occur in other parts of the body. It can happen to anyone though it is more common in the aged. I guess Goldie was unlucky.

A blood clot in a deep vein can break off and travel through the bloodstream. The loose clot is called an embolus (EM-bo-lus). It can travel to an artery in the lungs and block blood flow. This condition is called pulmonary embolism or PE.

PE is a very serious condition. It can damage the lungs and other organs in the body and cause death.

Blood clots in the thighs are more likely to break off and cause PE than blood clots in the lower legs or other parts of the body. Blood clots also can form in veins closer to the skin's surface. However, these clots won't break off and cause PE.

You can watch an animation of how this happens on http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/health/health-topics/topics/dvt/[/b]

Dude.....

That SHIIT almost killed my boss as well last year.. He just returned from the UK, went to bed at night, woke up to the sound of his phone ringing and realised that his leg was very swollen. It took a lot of medical intervention to save his life..

1 Like

Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by preselect(m): 4:07pm On Feb 15, 2013
BOLOSKY: I guess i was lucky,suffered something similar few months back and ended up with a stroke..the headache was so bad I was begging for sleeping pills but my doctor refused..very OK naw sha..Anywayz I think we should all keep a healthy lifestyle as a lot of Nigerians hardly go for medical check up untill there is fire on the mountain...R.I.P Goldie .

You sure were damn lucky. What happened in your case was that the embolus went past your cardiopulmonary circulation and got stuck in a vessel supplying some parts of your brain. Easier to handle than PE.

But UK to Nigeria is no that long. Just about 6hrs. So may be there's another etiology for the formation of thrombus in your veins. Make sure you see your doctor frequently.

2 Likes

Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Feb 15, 2013
[quote author=Adura_ngba]Even those who have never been on a plane are now claiming they travel a lot. RIP Goldie.

What will be will be. If you like stand all the way from Newark in America to Singapore on the world's longest non stop flight, 18.5 hours flight time, if your time has come, nothing you will do about it. [/quote since that is the case then whatever you do in life do not bother since what will be will be abi?even if I sniff cocaine 24/7 that does not matter since what will be will be.mumu.

1 Like

Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by carltz101: 5:07pm On Feb 15, 2013
tyson55: If Goldie’s death will remind me of anything, let it remind me to speak kindly, to make the effort to say something good about everyone I encounter, even if I have to dig deep to find those words. Let her death remind me that while it is easier to be cruel than to be kind, it is infinitely more rewarding to bless someone with the words out of my mouth, to lift instead of to pull down. And then let me take it a step further, let those around me never doubt that they are important to me, let dem never doubt my appreciation nd my gratitude for them and for all that they do in my life. Let nothing be left unsaid that can be said. Life is too short. Every moment counts. Nobody knows tomorrow. Let's embrace eachother with love.
i like wat u wrote. May God bless U plentifully
Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by carltz101: 5:17pm On Feb 15, 2013
Ms_Pweshy: Can't believe that she is dead...but WHY HER, God knows best tho
WILL U AGREE SO DAT IT'L BE U?
Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by carltz101: 5:32pm On Feb 15, 2013
i wan ask some kind small questions here:
did she win anytn in d grammy she went to?
Is there a way I can avoid travelling by air, maybe by ship where I can be allowed to smoke at intervals?
Can I be allowed to smoke in the toilet in an airplane?
Don't bash me, just asking.
Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by BOLOSKY: 6:18pm On Feb 15, 2013
@ pres-elect

I didn't mention UK in my post..
Re: Was Goldie's Death Caused By A Pulmonary Embolism? by BOLOSKY: 6:20pm On Feb 15, 2013
+ my doctor is my best friend for now and I do inject myself with clexane..hope I stop the injections soon.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My breasts are too big. I want to reduce them. / Drug Addiction Reduces Hardworking Young Man Into A Scavenger / Why You Should Know Your Genotype Before Considering Getting Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.