Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,694 members, 7,820,425 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? (19965 Views)

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God / Why Do People Open Their Eyes When Prayer Is Going On. / When Prayer Fails,do Not Think God Deaf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by TayoD1(m): 7:20pm On Feb 19, 2013
@topic,

Prayer is a family matter, which explains why Jesus started His prayer by saying "Our Father." I guess what you need to ask yourself is if you you belong to the family.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 19, 2013
seyibrown:

Rubbish at the bolded! Everyone who works hard becomes successful? On which planet do you live? grin grin If Hardwork made people successful, the poorest nations in the world today would be the richest!

And everyone who prays very hard becomes successful? On which planet do you live? If prayers made people successful, Nigeria alone with all the churches and mosques scattered in every streets, would be the richest! And of course, the most developed...but the case isn't so..no?

3 Likes

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Feb 19, 2013
Prayer (and faith) can be quite therapeutic. Indeed, for those that may not be naturally optimistic, prayer (and the hope it engenders) can serve as a positive influence and a powerful force.

If one begins to lose faith inprayers, then I'm not sure whether it's a good thing or a bad thing. . .it's either you're forced to take your destiny in your own hands (by working hard), or you're forced to wander cluelessly in desperation.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 19, 2013
ayswags: Go to the herbalist

Do you know anyone?
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Feb 19, 2013
Otolorin4real :
[Hello everyone in the house,i want you to say what you think about this topic,what is the next thing to do when you had prayed,fasted,praising and waited on the Lord for so long but noting seem tobe positive with you and you have done all thing you could do as a child of God and but worsen situation ...what wil you do in such a condition? Please reply with sincerity of heart
for you to ask such proves you are not a Christian, at least not in practise. Do not get me wrong, I'm not implying you are Muslim or atr, just religious. Study the bible, I suggest you start attending a christ embassy near you, they have a very solid spiritual doctrine so you don't ask such questions. Again, all you will ever need is in the bible.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 19, 2013

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by ifihearam: 7:40pm On Feb 19, 2013
NICE THREAD
@OP

WHEN PRAYER AND PRAISES FAILS WHICH DOES NOT REALLY FAIL YOU RESORT TO SACRIFICE,IT NEVER FAILS
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Mma2012(f): 7:45pm On Feb 19, 2013
@Op prayer never fail. If you think that you have prayed, fasted, praised and had deliverance without answer then you need to examine your self. Are you walking in principles of God? Are you in a bondage of secret sin that you think it doesn't matter? Are you conscious of God in you by being sincere and straight forward in life? Do you pray always because your God is great whether good or bad or do you pray only when you have problems and you want the god that you can control? Mind you that God's way is not like that of human being. He is God of time trust and believe in Him, He will answer you.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Feb 19, 2013
Prayer never fails.....to n wo....waa si mope rere loluwa.....those who dont believe in God.....u av d ryt to ur own opinion....sold ur soul to d devil
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by dokkyelele(f): 7:54pm On Feb 19, 2013
Actually they don't fail....but incase in ur case they do then thank God for that cos everything works together for our good.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Shine1177: 7:58pm On Feb 19, 2013
Paul and Silas; they pray and sang.

If prayer fails; Praise will never fail because God lives in praise so continue praising God.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Walexy96: 8:01pm On Feb 19, 2013
What we don't understand as a believer is that praying without working on that thing u want we be a fail at last. Take the case of a student dat fast, praise/pray without reading or studying, such student will end up in failure no doubt. Like wise when the problem is on your health, seeking medical help may be effective than prayer because fasting may worsen the case #justmy opinion. My advice for u is to visit pastor, alfa or herbalist. But be wise don't let them convert u to ATM.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by abysirius(m): 8:02pm On Feb 19, 2013
I think what you've not done is to be patient enough. God is not a failure! He knows what is best for you at every point in time.

The bible tells us that God is 'always on time'; He is a constant help in the time of trouble. Believe me, that moment when you think God has failed u is the moment when you need to be strong the most in Christ Jesus. It's a test of your faith and u cannot afford to fail.

The case of Paul and Silas in the prison is a eye opener to us how much God value the latter. In fact, praise opens all doors. I'll simply put it this way, that when you still believe that there could be other ways or way after God (prayers and praises become impotent) then u may not get the answer u want from God. He wants to be everything to us. He wants us to trust Him with all our heart. Remember the 3 hebrews, children of Isreal at the red sea; the new there was no other way. It's either our God rescued us or we perished. It was there last hope and they got their miracles because the knew He could deliver them. Faith! That's what u need. The bible says who so ever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be safe.

How can God fail?
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Kennedyiheme: 8:03pm On Feb 19, 2013
But Why Does A Woman Wait For 20yrs bfor hvin a child, and she prays fervently.. sometin is wrong, somebody tel me wht d problem is
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by vislabraye(m): 8:05pm On Feb 19, 2013
If prayer fails, does it mean God has failed?
Check the root.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by checkeni9(f): 8:16pm On Feb 19, 2013
Just keep praising and praying, ur answer is closer than u think.
If u read d book of Job, esp d last 4-5 chapters, u'll praise Him all the more for answers to ur prayers. Pls keep faith, be patient and be strong.
Also remember that God works out all things for our good, ur desire may not be the best for u or for now.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by drogs(m): 8:19pm On Feb 19, 2013
We overcame the devil by the words ofour mouth, by words of our testimony.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by tefund(m): 8:22pm On Feb 19, 2013
Otolorin4real :
Hello everyone in the house,i want you to say what you think about this topic,what is the next thing to do when you had prayed,fasted,praising and waited on the Lord for so long but noting seem to be positive with you and you have done all thing you could do as a child of God and but worsen situation ...what wil you do in such a condition? Please reply with sincerity of heart
meet a prophet
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Feb 19, 2013
Gullible Nigerians praying and fasting without making any inputs to help themselves.No matter how long you pray and fast without working,you will look back at one point and think maybe God has abandoned you.

Some other people just work without praying and they are smiling to the banks.heaven helps those who help themselves.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by coputa(m): 8:23pm On Feb 19, 2013
What is hardwork,it means to work smartly,the western nations worked smartly that is why they are successful..we are too religious in everything we do,instead finding a practical and proactive solution to our problems we will resort to prayers and if nothing happens..fustration will now be our lot
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 8:23pm On Feb 19, 2013
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by traeces(m): 8:24pm On Feb 19, 2013
When we pray, praise and do all we know to do and our desires still do not manifest as it happens at times, We must still trust God regardless and preservere FAITHFULLY till the end.
Remember, our God is the "I AM" whether things happen for us as expected or not.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by ujukala: 8:24pm On Feb 19, 2013
Prayer can never fail you. It may take a long time before it is answered but, it must surely come. Let your heart not be troubled, ok?
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Feb 19, 2013
Kennedyiheme: But Why Does A Woman Wait For 20yrs bfor hvin a child, and she prays fervently.. sometin is wrong, somebody tel me wht d problem is

They are not targeting the ovulation period.

Low sperm s.perm count

Fertility problems

Hormonal imbalance

No be everything be spiritual
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Feb 19, 2013
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Feb 19, 2013
dvdon: Run 4 my life undecided

Praise n Prayer has never fail b4, thats FAITH. U dnt need to run my broda.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by joshuaidibia(m): 8:32pm On Feb 19, 2013
I kip praying

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? / Photo: Jonathan Worships God At Christ Apostolic Church / Human Rights Group Calls For Commutal Of Rev King’s Sentence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.