Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,200 members, 7,815,187 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? (19936 Views)

When Prayer Is Hard: 10 Bible Verses To Help You Talk To God / Why Do People Open Their Eyes When Prayer Is Going On. / When Prayer Fails,do Not Think God Deaf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 1:06am On Feb 20, 2013
onyekabe: you have said it all. I stop believing God when non of my payers was answedred. As a kid Prayed to be very intelligent, coupled with hardwork at the end i was just like any other kid that worked hard, in university days i cant open my book without prayer, yet i was not the best, after graduation I also prayed for good job yet no answer until i decide to disbelieve in any deity or God. but today I an a successful biz man. Without God

Unfortunately you are seeing only the hole n not the doughnut. U prayed to be intelligent n you got into a tetiary institution and graduated. You went on to looking for a job and eventually lost your faith in God and are a successful business person today. My question is why do you atribute ur business success to the fact that you no longer believe in God? You think God wld get back at you by making your business fail, and because he didn't he does not exist? Where would the world be without good business men like you? His ways are not our ways Neither are his thoughts our thoughts. His grace was always sufficient for you. (just saying)
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by mon140: 1:14am On Feb 20, 2013
GOD NEVER FAILS.

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Shadydamsel(f): 1:50am On Feb 20, 2013
fast
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by sweetcheecks(f): 2:43am On Feb 20, 2013
Otolorin4real :
Hello everyone in the house,i want you to say what you think about this topic,what is the next thing to do when you had prayed,fasted,praising and waited on the Lord for so long but noting seem to be positive with you and you have done all thing you could do as a child of God and but worsen situation ...what wil you do in such a condition? Please reply with sincerity of heart

You change your attitude towards God. You do not take him as a stranger but your Father who loves you very much and want the best for you.

1. Ask but say according to thy will, at Thy perfect time. Becouse when God blesses us the wrong time it may seperate us from him and he love us too much to give us somith that will take us away from Him.

2. Believe you have recieved but you are being prepared for your new role. Find learnings in you situation God may be teaching you things.

3. Do not repeat the samething all the time He hears you, He is not deaf.

4. Speak and live the word. Bring evidance into your prayers that what you are praying the Word supports it. It has already been given to you, now you are just following the process to get what belongs to you according to your Fathers riches in Glory.

5. Stand. Do not be moved, dont loose hope, dont be discouraged.

6. Thank God for all He has done.

7. Change your attitude. Live like you have recieved what you are asking for. That is Prepare for your blessing.

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by timilehing(m): 2:44am On Feb 20, 2013
Prayer and Praise might not be the solution to every situation. Remember...... "it is not for he that willeth but for God that showeth mercy" We still have "GRACE, FAVOUR AND MERCY" that work for us apart from prayer!
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by lucom: 4:29am On Feb 20, 2013
Get spiritual guidiance prayer and praise can never fail you except there's a closed side somewhere as some posters have earlier pointed out here. Christianity is pragmatic in every sense of it and by the grace of God ‎​i've lived a life full of testimonies since ‎​i chose this part. Stay blessed.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by rts1(m): 5:03am On Feb 20, 2013
GraceBestowed: I'm diving in with an answer, I haven't even seen others' responses!

When you feel as though you've done all you can, START THANKING him for doing what it is you're asking; this will confuse the enemy, and move the hand of God! The greatest form of warfare is to be still in the Lord, because it shows that we are 100% dependent on Him. If you're expecting a child, start saying God, thank You for Mary, Joseph, and Charlie (your childrens' names); if you're waiting on admission, start saying God, thank You for allowing me to graduate with a first class degree; if you're waiting to get married, say God, thank you for my amazing wedding day, you get the drift! Please, whatever you do, live right in His sight, so that the enemy does not accuse you, and don't doubt God, always have faith, even if it's as small as a mustard seed!

Nothing moves God more than a heart of thanksgiving!!

Remember to give Him thanks, in everything!
All His Love!
[quote author=rts1][/quote]

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Tattooboy: 6:01am On Feb 20, 2013
*just reading posts*
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by dammytosh: 6:05am On Feb 20, 2013
Otolorin4real :
Hello everyone in the house,i want you to say what you think about this topic,what is the next thing to do when you had prayed,fasted,praising and waited on the Lord for so long but noting seem to be positive with you and you have done all thing you could do as a child of God and but worsen situation ...what wil you do in such a condition? Please reply with sincerity of heart

Yea, it might fail when you don't get real. You need to balance things up. What are u trying to achieve ?

It will be foolishness to pray round the clock without training and expect super eagles to win nations cup.

Did u observed that all the countries with prayer warriors on the pitch before penalty kick lost the game in d just concluded nation's cup and also can you remember how Nigeria female national team goal keeper was speaking in tongue before a penalty shoot out in their last tournament . She did not save one ball and we crashed out

It simply means that you need to practice spot kick and then pray.

If it is by prayer, Messi and C Ronaldo will be mountain of fire members and winners chapel members will be in first 10 world tennis players.

My advice is don't frustrate yourself and your angels in charge. Any thing u want to achieve, pray, praise and plan carefully towards it.

Jesus siad " how many of you will wnat to build a house and will not sit down to count the cost first." That is planning.

The secret is pray and praise as if hardwork and planning means nothing and at the same time, work hard and plan as f prayer means nothing.

Best of luck bro.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Inova(m): 6:17am On Feb 20, 2013
striktlymi:

Well frank,

It's impractical to derive an objective conclusion from a subjective premise. Opinions are rather subjective and it matters not whether they make sense or not. You can argue your case out and make sense from the argument but considering that there is no objective evidence therein it is impossible for an independent observer to validate whatever claim(s) or counter claim(s) you might have made.

I can as well give my own thoughts on the matter which will also make sense but in the overall analysis, it would come down to it being my own opinion on the matter and anyone can as well reject it cause it would be subjective. The best we can do is accept only what appeals most to our subjectivity and as a fallout accept what makes the most sense and meaning to us.

So frank unless you back up your analysis with with verifiable evidence, the best you can get is an opinion which anyone can reject if he decides to.

Thanks!

@striktlymi. Pls don't use grammar and philosophy to populate ur jist hia. This guy made a point his opinion or not and frankly speaking they are practicable which requires no evidence.
Does bill gate pray?
Slim of Mexico?
Adenuga?
Warren Buffet?
Even Obama sef nko?
These guys don't wait for signs and wonders before they make decisions.
Don't get me wrong oh spirituality is oK. It keeps the mind and soul at peace but dat is it.
U wanna make it in life. Build urself to relevance and network.
U wanna be stupidly rich. Be aggressive and ruthless in business and most of all Monopolize.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by OmoAlata(f): 6:19am On Feb 20, 2013
sweetrace:
This such a popular preaching in Nigerian churches and contrary to God's word.

Ezekiel 18: 19 "Yet you ask, 'Why does the son not share the guilt of his father?' Since the son has done what is just and right and has been careful to keep all my decrees, he will surely live. 20 The one who sins is the one who will die. The child will not share the guilt of the parent, nor will the parent share the guilt of the child. The righteousness of the righteous will be credited to them, and the wickedness of the wicked will be charged against them.

Moreover, If one has Jesus as Lord and savior, how can a curse work in that person's life?

Lamentations 5:7
Our fathers sinned and are no more, and we bear their punishment wink Have a good day smiley
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by manchiled: 6:23am On Feb 20, 2013
I will continue to praise and pray that's all,being consistent matters alote in wat u have faith in,failing is an option
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Moralistli(m): 7:20am On Feb 20, 2013
Prayer and praises never fail,,,,,just note that ur prayer rolls on the wheels of patience n endurance .....P.U.S.H- PRAY UNTIL SOMETHING HAPPEN!

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by richardnwakanma(m): 7:25am On Feb 20, 2013
Prayer can never fail u.. Unless ur not honest to ur self and to whom ur praying to..

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Bec(f): 7:28am On Feb 20, 2013
You'll keep praying. Sometimes when we think our prayers are not answered; God reserves something great for us and gives us at the right time.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 7:37am On Feb 20, 2013
It has never failed and will never fail. I will be patient and wait because my answer will surely come.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by MoAfrica: 7:40am On Feb 20, 2013
They never fail, check your heart...you are likely to find that the problem is you and not God.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by frank317: 7:46am On Feb 20, 2013
all i see here is people who are giving excuse for God. prayer is just and act that keeps the soul at peace. prayer is prayer and hardwork is hardwork.

if prayer works like all of u are beliving then why give excuse for God by saying Gods time is the best, why does it not work when u want it? what is the use of prayer when it depends on Gods time? to me Gods time is everytime. every other thing depends on ur hardwork. anytime ur hardwork pays of is Gods time and not prayer answered. i repeat Gods time is everytime. there is nothing like Gods time is the best. prayer is just a waste of time (it could be useful since it keeps ur mind at peace).

if ur hardwork pays of now, tomorrow or next year, it is all Gods time. the paryer does not change anything. you are the ones who choose to believe that ur prayer got answred.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by mykebelas: 7:49am On Feb 20, 2013
Pls. I think we should be able to understand what is prayer. Prayer is saying our mind and heart to God silently or with words. It is a way of expression of desire, thanksgiving, reguest, etc. It is not an enchantment or incantation. It is enchantment and incantation that works the way some are thinking. In d place of prayer it is a two way thing, u speak and God does too. Our problem here is we only do our own and don't want to hear what God is saying. The Bilgate of this world will definitely have an alter that speaks for them. Don't ask how but think about it ur self. If hard work only translate to souccess then every hard working person should be succesful. The Dangotes of this world are successful becos they follow the direction received from there alter. U that ur alter is d place of praying do u even hear what God is saying about what u want to do or u follow ur mind and expect God to answer ur prayer. Prayer is a way of communication not an enchantment. Prayer is effective only when d cicle of communication is complet
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by jossyme: 8:02am On Feb 20, 2013
Otolorin4real :

Prayer & Praises never fail
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by tymund: 8:09am On Feb 20, 2013
Hello poster I will start by saying Do you have a
Relationship with God ? (Born again)

That's a major criteria to fellowship and communicate with God.

Secondly faith comes to your spirit when you become a christian, it is the life and nature of God.

Lastly I will suggest you get the book HOW TO PRAY
ERFFECTIVE by pastor Chris Oyakhilome from any
Good christian book store or Christ Embassy Church.

I gutantee a 100% results for you.

Do have a great day.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 8:22am On Feb 20, 2013
Anyway, I came by this thread a bit late buh I styl want 2 share mu thoths. Why is it that even uin christiandom, Mr A fast and pray for 1 week and is richly blessed and mr B fast and pray for 1 month, yet therez no improvement in his life? Why is it that somtyms, when a dedicated christian jostles for somethin wt aa pagan, d pagan most probably will get it? Why is it that there are as much poor people in d christiandom as there are on d streetdom** or pagandom**. Why is it dat in some families, things kip. Getyn beter and in some families, it either gget worse or they remain stagnant? The later families are the ones that are brianwashed by fake prophets and pastors evryday who milk dem thru church taxes, asked dem 2 pray endlessly and fast longer dan they used to, yet therz no change. U see, life is a mystery jst as God is a mystery. I belive in God buh evryday I hear people say it is foolishness to believ in wht u av not seen on know buh some otherz say knowin God is spiritual and not physical. Then I ask, why is ther alwayz 2 sides in life, why is life a 2-way traffic. Life is either spiritual or physical, ur either blind or u can see, ur either poor or rich (by rich, I mean comfortably meetn ur immediate needs and family wants, 3-square meal on yor table and aford certain basics and neccesities in life). U see, life is set upon unequality. When God created the heavens and ther earth, he created animals and whyl all animals are equal, some are more equal than d otherz and no amount of prayer and fasting can change that. I am a christian, I believe in God, I go to church wen I want 2 cos in d presence of God, therz fullness of joy and that's another mystery in christiandom. However, I don't place ma belief in d pastot or make him tease me wt his gospel 2 do or not do this and that. I believe in God, do my bit and leave the rest unto him wtout closing ma eyes to the realities of life. If I become rich, it won't change d inequality in d world even I d church.
Like som1 wrote.. weather answers come or not or are delayed, we are asked to pray.Eccl 9:11 sums up our experience on earth here and it holds true for a muslim,an atheist or a christian.

''I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favor to men of skill;but time and chance happeneth to them all''
Note the last sentence, but tym and chance happeneth 2 dem all..
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Reference(m): 8:24am On Feb 20, 2013
Otolorin4real :

There is no next thing to do. If your Christianity is a performance driven one you will get frustrated. Christianity unlike old testament Judaism is all about grace and righteousness. Grace simply means you are sheep in His pasture. Every aspect of your life is under His control and Righteousness which is believing and obeying exactly what He says.

Has He asked for your fastings, praise and other offerings? Why don't you just listen to what He is saying and do it.

You will be surprised that God wants you delivered even faster than you yourself but there has to be a connection.

Remember the rich man who told Jesus he had done everything. That is everything except what Jesus wanted. It is not performance but understanding and obedience.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by imiofeh(f): 8:37am On Feb 20, 2013
[color=#770077][/color] this is a very ineteresting topic!
When we feel we have prayed enough and also back it up with praise and there is a delay we can do any of the following,
1. Keep having faith that He has heard of prays and the results or answers will manifest cos it may be delayed but He will never refuse or deny us anything good.
2.Sow a seed; it is advisable to always back up our request wit an offering to challenge to answer us speedily.
3. We can also make a covenant or vow(something we know we are able to do to appreciate Him when He does it)
4.We can also give money to the blind or disabled beggars in faith...
When we have done any of the above we shd relax and keep giving Him thanks for prayers answered!
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by dohiswill: 8:44am On Feb 20, 2013
[b][/b]
"If we pray according to his will He hears us"
So prayer in line with God word cant fail if you have faith in what you are saying
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Reference(m): 8:58am On Feb 20, 2013
imiofeh: [color=#770077][/color] this is a very ineteresting topic!
When we feel we have prayed enough and also back it up with praise and there is a delay we can do any of the following,
1. Keep having faith that He has heard of prays and the results or answers will manifest cos it may be delayed but He will never refuse or deny us anything good.
2.Sow a seed; it is advisable to always back up our request wit an offering to challenge to answer us speedily.
3. We can also make a covenant or vow(something we know we are able to do to appreciate Him when He does it)
When we have done any of the above we shd relax and keep giving Him thanks for prayers answered!

Another performance chronology. One sentence of prayer is all you need. God has told you He is not deaf nor forgetful so why the hammering.

If you are in trouble. Just say. Lord I'm in a fix and I need your help. Period. Of course you need to be related to someone to ask. The only people who ask without a relationship are beggars. You are not. You are or should be His son.

The problem with most people is hearing, understanding and faiti. But the God I know is ALWAYS speaking.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Reference(m): 8:59am On Feb 20, 2013
imiofeh: [color=#770077][/color] this is a very ineteresting topic!
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Nobody: 9:02am On Feb 20, 2013
Good day. First of all what is it we are seeking for? Are we asking him in th right way? Are they according to the wills of almighty God. Remember the time of king David when he prayed and fast for his son to live. Sometimes delays in prayers might be to test our faith in God as christianity is not a bread and butter things. Furthermore are you seeking God with a clean heart. Cause it is written that our sins has kept him far from her but brethem i want to assure you that prayers are still answered for it is a promised (matt 7:7). It happened to so many believers in the bible times for us to learn from. Do you know that was the reason behind Don moen song "i will sing" so brethen never give up on prayer cause it is the key to unlock heavens door and when you pray start acting by faith that you've received it. God bless you.
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by Bardic: 9:12am On Feb 20, 2013
prayers and praise has never failed the problem is with u.remember the bible said dat the lords hands are nt shortened dat he cannot save neither his eyes blocked dat he can hear us bt our sins have seperated us frm the love of God
Re: What Can You Do When Prayer & Praises Fail? by enerah: 9:13am On Feb 20, 2013
Prayer is key to success it can only be delayd but with faith u can sure get watever u wnt throw payer?

Prayer is key to success it can only be delayd but with faith u can sure get watever u wnt throw payer?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome Dances With Church Members At A Music Concert(pics,video / Christianity; The Reason For Science / Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.