Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,813 members, 7,817,359 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? (19956 Views)

Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities / Why Once Saved Always Saved Is Not A License To Sin / What Does It Mean To "Sin Wilfully" In Hebrews 10:26? - Prince Gabriel Okocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? by stonemasonn: 11:03pm On Jul 29, 2017
I've never stopped wondering why sex is such a big issue to most religious people.

If it is not the sexual style/position, it the orientation issues or pre-marital sex.

I even heard that in some religion, some righteous people pray before having sex and take their birth immediately after orgasm to cleanse themselves of the act. They believe sex is sin

I made a research online from psychology today and I got this article that says sexy thoughts reduces religious belief.

If so, could the love of, and thoughts of sex be a threat to religion??

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? by fortunekaura(m): 11:06pm On Jul 29, 2017
it is the society that made it that way... Am not saying fornicating is good but there are worst sins than sex since they chose to classify it

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? by whitebeard(m): 11:08pm On Jul 29, 2017
Op how would u feel if your wife to be tells u she had a bf and they had sex not once but on several occasion, and then u asked her why didnt u marry him, and she says ethnic issues (they still love each other), how would u react.

All those ones that are married and pray before and after sex, it their choice, their business..!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? by Richdotcom: 11:10pm On Jul 29, 2017
Tomorrow is Sunday, go to church........ nd go early so you don't miss Bible school.. thanks

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:41pm On Jul 29, 2017
Op if u re married it is not a sin with ur wife to any religion, but if ur not doing it with ur wife,then it is called fornication Nd it is a sin to all religion even Islam.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? by Sammmypoko(m): 11:48pm On Jul 29, 2017
There are so many spiritual implications...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? by stonemasonn: 12:00am On Jul 30, 2017
Sammmypoko:
There are so many spiritual implications...
like?

8 Likes

Re: Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? by Chubhie: 4:54am On Jul 30, 2017
Perhaps for control?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 30, 2017
Most religions really suck. They have failed to look at the world from objective and scientific point of view but change is constant and enlightenment is eternal

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 30, 2017
grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? by ymimiz(m): 10:20am On Jul 30, 2017
grin if u ask me, na who I go ask

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? by Chuksemi(m): 10:21am On Jul 30, 2017
In the spiritual realm, Sex is very very powerful. You can only understand This, if you have dabbled into alternative spiritual teachings.

Sex can bring down a man, as well as uplift him. Do you know the spiritual implications of sleeping with a virgin? The blood that comes out from a virgin can be used for diverse rituals with effective results.

Sex is not to be toyed with. Even in metaphysics, avoiding sex can help a man become more active and disciplined.

Check my signature for more sex stories.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 30, 2017
Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a person commits are outside the body, but whoever sins sexually, sins against their own body.
1 corinthians 6:18

16 Likes

Re: Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? by bbbabes(f): 10:22am On Jul 30, 2017
I love sex and it doesn't reduce my love for God and His grace upon my life.
Why won't I have sex, you want me to die of madness??

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? by nobleblood: 10:23am On Jul 30, 2017
There is no religious answer to this. The love of sex is a threat to any order.

It is for me one of the most compelling of human needs with the ability to distort ones sense caution as well as good judgment. Many great men in the past has fallen to this basic urge.

Note that whenever a man taste of too much of this pleasure, he/ she is like to be led on..and on..( until it forms a habit of it) with no end in site. Our heart with time starts to meditate on it only and not God.( more like what you can readily observe about the world today). It show the frigility of our so called mind. Are not almost all the conversations dominated by sex?..So Christianity goes ahead of to prevent us journeying on this part. More like prevention is better than cure thing. U get?

Basically am saying...
Our sense naturally gravitate towards the pleasurable things of life. Which Satan can use as a bait towards our imprisonment. This is why a true spiritual, distance themselves away from much earthly pleasures( not sex alone).

Meditate#.

10 Likes

Re: Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? by Coldfeets: 10:23am On Jul 30, 2017
Of course, sex is a great sin.

The only sex that was not a sin was the one the Holy Spirit had with Virgin Mary to produce Christ who was later to become the Saviour of Mankind. wink

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? by domopps(m): 10:24am On Jul 30, 2017
Whatever you Blv works for you......having conceptual sex is not a sin to me !

Cheeeeers

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? by darkhorizon: 10:24am On Jul 30, 2017
It's all Bullsheeet,sex is normal just like eating is for ADULTS. Religion is just a way of controlling the mind of people and place certain restrictions on some reasonable Human wants/needs which Sex is a part of it.

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? by AreaFada2: 10:24am On Jul 30, 2017
Because the thing too sweet & tempting na. kiss

Anything wey too sweet, eating it has to be controlled. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? by sukkot: 10:24am On Jul 30, 2017
sex is not the problem. the problem is having sex and not marrying the woman after you have deposited your dna in her forever. so you can have all the sex you want but you have to marry everyone you have sex with. if you dont marry the one you have sex with its called fornication- or adultery if she is married to someone else .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? by blessedweapon(m): 10:24am On Jul 30, 2017
And how will this help Theon Greyjoy grow a dick in GOT?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? by Amberon11: 10:24am On Jul 30, 2017
Because it is.
Re: Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? by dakeskese(m): 10:25am On Jul 30, 2017
Balderdash oshi!!!

hmmm

As a pastor...
As an evangelist of the gospel...
As an apostle of d faith...
As a Bishop of the fold...
As the Shepherd of the sheep...
As a Reverend, I have this to say:

Op! Op!! Op!!!
How many tyms I call u

OK...

Sex is best for the married...

1 Like

Re: Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? by Mouthgag: 10:25am On Jul 30, 2017
Conscience game...

1 Like

Re: Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 30, 2017
Coldfeets:

The only sex that was not a sin was the one the Holy Spirit had with Virgin Mary to produce Christ who was later to become the Saviour of Mankind. wink

who created sex?
Re: Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? by Amberon11: 10:25am On Jul 30, 2017
Are you always this foolish or is it only on sundays?
Coldfeets:

5 Likes

Re: Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? by Mouthgag: 10:26am On Jul 30, 2017
blessedweapon:
And how will this help Theon Greyjoy grow a dick in GOT?
I'll love yo fück that girl that Greyworm couldn't fück.

The hottest girl
Re: Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? by Nobody: 10:26am On Jul 30, 2017
bbbabes:
I love sex and it doesn't reduce my love for God and His grace upon my life.
Why won't I have sex, you want me to die of madness??

grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? by moonberry: 10:27am On Jul 30, 2017
Can you have sex in the market,say balogun market or bolade market during day time? If you can answer that question then you know why it is regarded as a sin in most cases.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? by 0b100100111: 10:27am On Jul 30, 2017

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but yourself can free your mind.....

You were made to believe what you believe and you have a right to choose what to believe!

1 Like

Re: Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? by arafone(m): 10:27am On Jul 30, 2017
Mr OP go and do your research very well, sex is not a sin but sex before marriage is a sin in both Christianity and ISlam

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Is Sex Attached To Sin By Most Religion? by bonifieldstun(m): 10:28am On Jul 30, 2017
grin a sin is a sin, sex is a sin so when u do it by mistake u pray and ask of forgiveness that is why Jesus died for our sin so no fuss about it Bleep and pray

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

God Can Still Do The Impossible Even At The Eleventh Hour (11th Month November) / Photo: Jonathan Worships God At Christ Apostolic Church / Big-Bang Theory Doesn't Make Enough Sense

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.