Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,993 members, 7,821,472 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

I Cannot Reject Aircraft Gift –S.K Abiara - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Cannot Reject Aircraft Gift –S.K Abiara (16727 Views)

Prominent Nigerian Pastor Slammed With God's Grace - Pastor Elijah Abiara / I Saw An Aircraft Filled With Blood – Pastor Chris Okafor / Video Of How Synagogue Church Guest House Collasped Plus Aircraft Hovering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Cannot Reject Aircraft Gift –S.K Abiara by MAYOWAAK: 8:46pm On Feb 15, 2013
General Evangelist of the Christ Apostolic Church, Prophet Kayode Abiara, says controversies surrounding the ownership of aircraft by prominent Christian clerics in the country are not justified.

“If I am given an aircraft as a gift, I cannot reject it,” Abiara said while speaking on the church’s planned prayer session billed for Odo Owa,Kwara State on Wed-Friday next week .

According to him, those who have been criticising the purported extravagant lifestyle of some Christian leaders in the country do not quite understand the scriptures.

He said, “Christians need to understand that the scripture supports receiving gifts. Having a jet or a helicopter, for example, will greatly advance the work of God. It is good for christendom.”

The prophet, who said the controversy in the CAN had been exaggerated, called on the Catholic Church to embrace dialogue because of its importance to the association.

He rose to the defence of CAN leadership, saying it was not true that it had become “too friendly” with the government.

Abiara said, “As Christian leaders, we do our duty by giving advice to the government whenever we can. That does not mean CAN has become an arm of government.

“Because we do not say something bad about the government all the time does not mean we are compromised in any way. I do not collect any money from any government official.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-cannot-reject-aircraft-gift-abiara/
Re: I Cannot Reject Aircraft Gift –S.K Abiara by MAYOWAAK: 8:47pm On Feb 15, 2013
Baba Abiara no get jet yet sef ? This man has been doing God's work before dem born all these new age jet riding pastors. CAC agbala tura members should be ashamed of themselves ...Give Baba a jet haba . There should be some respect and seniority in grapevine work na . ...Baba should just disband the church if his flock no wan cooperate. On top the miracle upon miracle this baba don perform . Na wa for CAC flock o

12 Likes

Re: I Cannot Reject Aircraft Gift –S.K Abiara by Princewell2012(m): 9:10pm On Feb 15, 2013
Pls i want to know how a private jet will help to carry out the work of God? Just asking

3 Likes

Re: I Cannot Reject Aircraft Gift –S.K Abiara by mumumugu(m): 9:27pm On Feb 15, 2013
Even if devil gives the gift

2 Likes

Re: I Cannot Reject Aircraft Gift –S.K Abiara by kagari: 9:32pm On Feb 15, 2013
Princewell2012: Pls i want to know how a private jet will help to carry out the work of God? Just asking
because wit it, u cud preach from space. Just saying

7 Likes

Re: I Cannot Reject Aircraft Gift –S.K Abiara by dedons: 9:34pm On Feb 15, 2013
they do air evangelism wit d private jets grin

2 Likes

Re: I Cannot Reject Aircraft Gift –S.K Abiara by modicum: 9:34pm On Feb 15, 2013
On issues like this, I want to thread softly not to be seen to judge nor condemn an anointed. For no one will pass judgement on the anointed and will be guiltless before God. Having said that however, my admonition goes to the men of God. Most of them started well and God lifted them. But what we now see is the danger of fullness. The deceitfulness of riches is derailing most of them. How many jets did they use at the beginning of their Ministry. Yet they saw the raw hands of God and their churches exploded with people who yearned for the truth. If a Pastor could even afford a jet in this impoverished economy, shouldn't the love for the people be enough restraint. Would Jesus do this if he were to be in Nigeria today? Among the hungered, a person drinking common Garri may be lynched for being sumptuous. This is what these men of God should think about. Also, I want to submit that only a very negligible percentage of wealthy men in this present Nigeria will be able to righteously acquire a jet, without a shady underground. Aside the acquisition cost of about N10b, the parking at the port is about N20,000.00 per day, Pilot's salary, maintenance is done daily, not like a car you service 3 monthly, landing tax in foreign countries is exorbitant even for commercial aircraft etc. All these associated cost of maintenance is over a million Naira monthly. So would an hungry man among the congregation not be tempted to pass judgement on the man of God? Paul the Apostle said if my eating meat will make my fellow brother to stumble, I will rather not eat meat. The men of God are making us to stumble by forcing the hungry populace to pass unhealthy comments. I will not. But let everything be done decently and in order.

80 Likes

Re: I Cannot Reject Aircraft Gift –S.K Abiara by mkpologwu(m): 9:35pm On Feb 15, 2013
Gej is d cause
Re: I Cannot Reject Aircraft Gift –S.K Abiara by ebamma(m): 9:35pm On Feb 15, 2013
But u can reject witchcraft gift abi

2 Likes

Re: I Cannot Reject Aircraft Gift –S.K Abiara by changeagent(m): 9:35pm On Feb 15, 2013
Having private jet or not is not the issue but the motive behind it.
Re: I Cannot Reject Aircraft Gift –S.K Abiara by weaseloo: 9:36pm On Feb 15, 2013
I wonder why this story made front page with just 5 responses.

I have a question. Can anyone refer me to a Bible passage that says we should not judge/question men of God?? Even when it is glaring that the person is not being Godly/ following in the foot steps of Jesus.

2 Likes

Re: I Cannot Reject Aircraft Gift –S.K Abiara by ifihearam: 9:37pm On Feb 15, 2013
Princewell2012: Pls i want to know how a private jet will help to carry out the work of God? Just asking

it makes the work easier and faster,no flight delay,no missing of flight

2 Likes

Re: I Cannot Reject Aircraft Gift –S.K Abiara by uncle2010: 9:37pm On Feb 15, 2013
Ask Benny Hinn and he will tell you better. cool cool cool

2 Likes

Re: I Cannot Reject Aircraft Gift –S.K Abiara by ebamma(m): 9:38pm On Feb 15, 2013
And Jesus Wept, cos he saw the future Prophets and pastors who will steal with impunity from it flock

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Reject Aircraft Gift –S.K Abiara by ldpele(m): 9:38pm On Feb 15, 2013
MAYOWAAK: Baba Abiara no get jet yet sef ? This man has been doing God's work before dem born all these new age jet riding pastors. CAC agbala tura members should be ashamed of themselves ...Give Baba a jet haba . There should be some respect and seniority in grapevine work na . ...Baba should just disband the church if his flock no wan cooperate. On top the miracle upon miracle this baba don perform . Na wa for CAC flock o
rili will love to knw wat u meant by GraPevine,if u rili knw wat i meant. 2three!
Re: I Cannot Reject Aircraft Gift –S.K Abiara by Mayowura: 9:38pm On Feb 15, 2013
Who no like better thing. Oboi i go like be pastor o!
Enjoyment gallore.
Amen.
*just joking*
Now, should efcc or police go and arrest him for saying that....Kai!
Why be say everything wey any pastor say concerning wealth dey enta newspaper or whateva.
Face ur life jare! let God do the final say jare!
Brb

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Reject Aircraft Gift –S.K Abiara by ikeyman00(m): 9:42pm On Feb 15, 2013
@@@@@

On issues like this, I want to thread softly not to be seen to judge nor condemn an anointed. For no one will pass judgement on the anointed and will be guiltless before God. Having said that however, my admonition goes to the men of God. Most of them started well and God lifted them. But what we now see is the danger of fullness. The deceitfulness of riches is derailing most of them. How many jets did they use at the beginning of their Ministry. Yet they saw the raw hands of God and their churches exploded with people who yearned for the truth. If a Pastor could even afford a jet in this impoverished economy, shouldn't the love for the people be enough restraint. Would Jesus do this if he were to be in Nigeria today? Among the hungered, a person drinking common Garri may be lynched for being sumptuous. This is what these men of God should think about. Also, I want to submit that only a very negligible percentage of wealthy men in this present Nigeria will be able to righteously acquire a jet, without a shady underground. Aside the acquisition cost of about N10b, the parking at the port is about N20,000.00 per day, Pilot's salary, maintenance is done daily, not like a car you service 3 monthly, landing tax in foreign countries is exorbitant even for commercial aircraft etc. All these associated cost of maintenance is over a million Naira monthly. So would an hungry man among the congregation not be tempted to pass judgement on the man of God? Paul the Apostle said if my eating meat will make my fellow brother to stumble, I will rather not eat meat. The men of God are making us to stumble by forcing the hungry populace to pass unhealthy comments. I will not. But let everything be done decently and in order.

rubbish!!

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Reject Aircraft Gift –S.K Abiara by moredendisc: 9:42pm On Feb 15, 2013
MAYOWAAK:

General Evangelist of the Christ Apostolic Church, Prophet Kayode Abiara, says controversies surrounding the ownership of aircraft by prominent Christian clerics in the country are not justified.

“If I am given an aircraft as a gift, I cannot reject it,” Abiara said while speaking on the church’s planned prayer session billed for Odo Owa,Kwara State on Wed-Friday next week .

According to him, those who have been criticising the purported extravagant lifestyle of some Christian leaders in the country do not quite understand the scriptures.

He said, “Christians need to understand that the scripture supports receiving gifts. Having a jet or a helicopter, for example, will greatly advance the work of God. It is good for christendom.”

The prophet, who said the controversy in the CAN had been exaggerated, called on the Catholic Church to embrace dialogue because of its importance to the association.

He rose to the defence of CAN leadership, saying it was not true that it had become “too friendly” with the government.

Abiara said, “As Christian leaders, we do our duty by giving advice to the government whenever we can. That does not mean CAN has become an arm of government.

“Because we do not say something bad about the government all the time does not mean we are compromised in any way. I do not collect any money from any government official.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/i-cannot-reject-aircraft-gift-abiara/

I dey laugh OBJ style grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked

What good is it for a prophet/pastor man to gain aircraft(s) the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?

For what is a prophet/pastor man profited, if he shall gain aircraft(s) the whole world, and lose his own soul?

or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Reject Aircraft Gift –S.K Abiara by Mayowura: 9:44pm On Feb 15, 2013
modicum: On issues like this, I want to thread softly not to be seen to judge nor condemn an anointed. For no one will pass judgement on the anointed and will be guiltless before God. Having said that however, my admonition goes to the men of God. Most of them started well and God lifted them. But what we now see is the danger of fullness. The deceitfulness of riches is derailing most of them. How many jets did they use at the beginning of their Ministry. Yet they saw the raw hands of God and their churches exploded with people who yearned for the truth. If a Pastor could even afford a jet in this impoverished economy, shouldn't the love for the people be enough restraint. Would Jesus do this if he were to be in Nigeria today? Among the hungered, a person drinking common Garri may be lynched for being sumptuous. This is what these men of God should think about. Also, I want to submit that only a very negligible percentage of wealthy men in this present Nigeria will be able to righteously acquire a jet, without a shady underground. Aside the acquisition cost of about N10b, the parking at the port is about N20,000.00 per day, Pilot's salary, maintenance is done daily, not like a car you service 3 monthly, landing tax in foreign countries is exorbitant even for commercial aircraft etc. All these associated cost of maintenance is over a million Naira monthly. So would an hungry man among the congregation not be tempted to pass judgement on the man of God? Paul the Apostle said if my eating meat will make my fellow brother to stumble, I will rather not eat meat. The men of God are making us to stumble by forcing the hungry populace to pass unhealthy comments. I will not. But let everything be done decently and in order.
Muah! Beautiful post. I wish it will get to many pastors attention/hearing.

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Reject Aircraft Gift –S.K Abiara by maywes(m): 9:45pm On Feb 15, 2013
Na wa ooo ... Baba dere request for private jet.. Nice advert.... Lol!!!!
Re: I Cannot Reject Aircraft Gift –S.K Abiara by Patfrank(f): 9:50pm On Feb 15, 2013
our religious leaders should care for their flocks and not acquire riches for themselves and their families. can u imagin i went to a Rev. Father in Benin City asking him to help me beg somebody to give me a job since, i relocated from kaduna to Benin city with my family, he only collected my number and has not even called me to say madam, how are u people doing? All he cares is my offering and tithe. God help us.
Re: I Cannot Reject Aircraft Gift –S.K Abiara by Nobody: 9:52pm On Feb 15, 2013
if u cannot reject aircraft gift...then u must not reject witchcraft gift too. wink..shebi craft na craft abeg!!!

2 Likes

Re: I Cannot Reject Aircraft Gift –S.K Abiara by crackhaus: 9:52pm On Feb 15, 2013
Oh please, shut it Mr. Apostolic prophet sir, compromise and hypocrisy are christianity's greatest threat

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Reject Aircraft Gift –S.K Abiara by slimfit1(m): 9:53pm On Feb 15, 2013
ifihearam:

it makes the work easier and faster,no flight delay,no missing of flight

I'm sure the church can hire a private jet that can do the same thing buying one is not a good excuse.
Re: I Cannot Reject Aircraft Gift –S.K Abiara by 80million1: 9:54pm On Feb 15, 2013
okay o,
me sef no fit reject am.
Re: I Cannot Reject Aircraft Gift –S.K Abiara by Mayowura: 9:58pm On Feb 15, 2013
Patfrank: our religious leaders should care for their flocks and not acquire riches for themselves and their families. can u imagin i went to a Rev. Father in Benin City asking him to help me beg somebody to give me a job since, i relocated from kaduna to Benin city with my family, he only collected my number and has not even called me to say madam, how are u people doing? All he cares is my offering and tithe. God help us.
Who ask you? Kai! Wetin concern us?
U dey report father for us to arrest him?
Well, i wish you goodluck sha.
Re: I Cannot Reject Aircraft Gift –S.K Abiara by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 15, 2013
modicum: Aside the acquisition cost of about N10b, the parking at the port is about N20,000.00 per day, Pilot's salary, maintenance is done daily, not like a car you service 3 monthly, landing tax in foreign countries is exorbitant even for commercial aircraft etc. All these associated cost of maintenance is over a million Naira monthly.
over a million for maintenance? And at the local parish, our pastor was looking for just 20 people to give #1000 to buy bags of cement.

1 Like

Re: I Cannot Reject Aircraft Gift –S.K Abiara by Nobody: 10:00pm On Feb 15, 2013
Why do you need a private jet when you can get high and fly!
Re: I Cannot Reject Aircraft Gift –S.K Abiara by Soso990240(m): 10:01pm On Feb 15, 2013
Makes their work easier how? wen he was usin commercial flight,was d work nt easier? no perfect excus for a Jet wit Golden interior design.
Re: I Cannot Reject Aircraft Gift –S.K Abiara by Patfrank(f): 10:10pm On Feb 15, 2013
Mayowura:
Who ask you? Kai! Wetin concern us?
U dey report father for us to arrest him?
Well, i wish you goodluck sha.

I wish u bad luck fool.
Re: I Cannot Reject Aircraft Gift –S.K Abiara by miiraaj: 10:12pm On Feb 15, 2013
Dr. Wise:
Why do you need a private jet when you can get high and fly!

Guy! U wise pass everybody.
Re: I Cannot Reject Aircraft Gift –S.K Abiara by Nobody: 10:19pm On Feb 15, 2013
Baba abiara they try tell every1 say his hands are wide open for a private jet.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Enoch Adeboye Celebrates His 75th Birthday / Ramadan: Christians Feed Muslim Orphans & Widows In Kafanchan, Kaduna (Photos) / Issele Asagba: Catholic Priest Kidnapped By Gunmen For The Second Time In Delta

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.