Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,042 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Explosion In Maiduguri As Sanusi Visits - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Explosion In Maiduguri As Sanusi Visits (13736 Views)

Emir Of Kano, Sanusi, Visits Buhari At The Presidential Villa (Photos) / Emir Of Kano, Sanusi Visits Nasir El-rufai (photos) / Emir of Kano, Sanusi Visits Buhari in his Kaduna residence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Explosion In Maiduguri As Sanusi Visits by Gboliwe: 10:29pm On Feb 15, 2013
By Ndahi Marama, MaiduguriFresh bomb explosion has greeted Maiduguri, the Borno state capital, a day when the central Bank of Nigeria, Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi visited the town to commission an Enterpreneurship Development initiatives in the state. Confirming the incident in a press statement, the Spokesman of the JTF, Lieutenant Colonel Sagir Musa said “ about 4.30pm Friday, there was an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) explosion by terrorists targeted at JTF patrol vehicles at Gambaru Market General area, just about 1000 meters away from the main market on the road to Gambaru – Gala”. The explosion/IEDs Sagir said entail acid and highly flammable substances that propagate blast and thermal effects which set houses and adjoining shops around the vicinity on fire. Two people suspected to be the bombers lost their lives as a result of the explosion. No civilian was killed or wounded, but stated that a JTF vehicle was damaged and a soldier was wounded.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/fresh-explosion-rocks-maiduguri-as-cbn-governor-visits-town/
Re: Explosion In Maiduguri As Sanusi Visits by Tolexander: 10:33pm On Feb 15, 2013
Funny how people like Sanusi and co will always survive this kind of attack and saddens how innocent citizens mostly die in the attacks.
Still trying to understand the tricks behind it. Am afraid i may not gat the tricks cos nigeria is full of polytricks in which only the actors involved can understand.

1 Like

Re: Explosion In Maiduguri As Sanusi Visits by 9jaIhail(m): 10:37pm On Feb 15, 2013
Gboliwe: By Ndahi Marama, MaiduguriFresh bomb explosion has greeted Maiduguri, the Borno state capital, a day when the central Bank of Nigeria, Mallam Sanusi Lamido Sanusi visited the town to commission an Enterpreneurship Development initiatives in the state. Confirming the incident in a press statement, the Spokesman of the JTF, Lieutenant Colonel Sagir Musa said “ about 4.30pm Friday, there was an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) explosion by terrorists targeted at JTF patrol vehicles at Gambaru Market General area, just about 1000 meters away from the main market on the road to Gambaru – Gala”. The explosion/IEDs Sagir said entail acid and highly flammable substances that propagate blast and thermal effects which set houses and adjoining shops around the vicinity on fire. Two people suspected to be the bombers lost their lives as a result of the explosion. No civilian was killed or wounded, but stated that a JTF vehicle was damaged and a soldier was wounded.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/fresh-explosion-rocks-maiduguri-as-cbn-governor-visits-town/

Did sanusi go there to gather support for his 2015 presidential ambition? I hope he survived the attack.
Re: Explosion In Maiduguri As Sanusi Visits by maninmood(m): 10:40pm On Feb 15, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

Did sanusi went there to gather support for his 2015 presidential ambition? I hope he survived the attack.

Did Sanusi go there to.......

8 Likes

Re: Explosion In Maiduguri As Sanusi Visits by Gboliwe: 10:40pm On Feb 15, 2013
I thought they promised a ceasefire. Thank God the gov'nr and other civilians weren't caught up in the fire.

1 Like

Re: Explosion In Maiduguri As Sanusi Visits by 80million1: 10:46pm On Feb 15, 2013
okay
Re: Explosion In Maiduguri As Sanusi Visits by Nobody: 10:50pm On Feb 15, 2013
accidental discharge lol

1 Like

Re: Explosion In Maiduguri As Sanusi Visits by thaoriginator: 10:52pm On Feb 15, 2013
maninmood:

lecturer, na only dat one you see?
Re: Explosion In Maiduguri As Sanusi Visits by Gratia(f): 10:54pm On Feb 15, 2013
If Sanusi was the target why didn't they go straight to were he was?,
I suspect foul play so that we won't point finger to Mallam as having anything to do with BH.
God is watching us All

5 Likes

Re: Explosion In Maiduguri As Sanusi Visits by ebamma(m): 10:55pm On Feb 15, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

Did sanusi went there to gather support for his 2015 presidential ambition? I hope he survived the attack.
English don suffer

4 Likes

Re: Explosion In Maiduguri As Sanusi Visits by TechRev: 10:55pm On Feb 15, 2013
Tolexander: Funny how people like Sanusi and co will always survive this kind of attack and saddens how innocent citizens mostly die in the attacks.
Still trying to understand the tricks behind it. Am afraid i may not gat the tricks cos nigeria is full of polytricks in which only the actors involved can understand.
Bad guy!

Anyways life is life and its precious no matter whose life it is.
Re: Explosion In Maiduguri As Sanusi Visits by Patfrank(f): 11:02pm On Feb 15, 2013
Nairalanders do i need glasses? Sanusi went tnere to do what?
Re: Explosion In Maiduguri As Sanusi Visits by Nobody: 11:04pm On Feb 15, 2013
Who cares

1 Like

Re: Explosion In Maiduguri As Sanusi Visits by 9jaIhail(m): 11:06pm On Feb 15, 2013
ebamma: English don suffer

My bad,
Re: Explosion In Maiduguri As Sanusi Visits by 9jaIhail(m): 11:06pm On Feb 15, 2013
maninmood:

Accepted

2 Likes

Re: Explosion In Maiduguri As Sanusi Visits by Nobody: 11:10pm On Feb 15, 2013
just when we thought all is becoming calm
Re: Explosion In Maiduguri As Sanusi Visits by strangest(m): 11:23pm On Feb 15, 2013
Northern Nigeria...
Re: Explosion In Maiduguri As Sanusi Visits by emmalexabl(m): 11:54pm On Feb 15, 2013
Na the same people.! kiss
Re: Explosion In Maiduguri As Sanusi Visits by Hadone(m): 12:02am On Feb 16, 2013
Re: Explosion In Maiduguri As Sanusi Visits by Goodcare(m): 12:26am On Feb 16, 2013
grin hope say any life no lost ooo including uncle Se e no don die....
Re: Explosion In Maiduguri As Sanusi Visits by lafuria1(m): 12:43am On Feb 16, 2013
Gratia: If Sanusi was the target why didn't they go straight to were he was?,
I suspect foul play so that we won't point finger to Mallam as having anything to do with BH.
God is watching us All
sanusi wasnt the target, an attack even took place a day before sanusi enter maiduguri and the day (friday) he entered. bombblast and attack arent news in maid, so to make it a news, sanusi's name was added.

if u read carefully, the target was the JTF patrol, no where near sanusi convoy.

if the headline was explosion in maid, many people wont bother to read it.

7 Likes

Re: Explosion In Maiduguri As Sanusi Visits by Nobody: 12:49am On Feb 16, 2013
Tolexander: Funny how people like Sanusi and co will always survive this kind of attack and saddens how innocent citizens mostly die in the attacks.
That is interesting. He might just be their pally!
Re: Explosion In Maiduguri As Sanusi Visits by bright007(f): 1:53am On Feb 16, 2013
Islam is a religion of piiss and shits!
Re: Explosion In Maiduguri As Sanusi Visits by tomakint: 2:02am On Feb 16, 2013
That was just a 'warning banger' for the fundamentalist, the next one will be for 'real' cool
Re: Explosion In Maiduguri As Sanusi Visits by waja(m): 3:57am On Feb 16, 2013
They welcomed their oga with BOMB SALUTE.

1 Like

Re: Explosion In Maiduguri As Sanusi Visits by kalunomics(m): 5:26am On Feb 16, 2013
Gboliwe: I thought they promised a ceasefire?
the government didn't buy that. Every good government don't negotiate with terrorists
Re: Explosion In Maiduguri As Sanusi Visits by marvelousabah(m): 5:30am On Feb 16, 2013
Dnt mind dat idiot sanusi wey no knw price of 1 litre of petrol but e dey suport d motion of fuel subsidy. angry
Re: Explosion In Maiduguri As Sanusi Visits by marvelousabah(m): 5:31am On Feb 16, 2013
waja: They welcomed their oga with BOMB SALUTE.
lolz...u funny
Re: Explosion In Maiduguri As Sanusi Visits by bankyblue(m): 5:37am On Feb 16, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

My bad,
Sure, is not just ur BAD my guy. Those picking out English error
On this page should pls paste their Oº°˚ ˚°º LEVEL result and
Let's see what they score.......F9 in english. So prove me wrong
By doing it Oº°˚ ˚°º. As if english is our father language

2 Likes

Re: Explosion In Maiduguri As Sanusi Visits by Akpaife(m): 5:59am On Feb 16, 2013
God bless nigeria
Re: Explosion In Maiduguri As Sanusi Visits by Wsdm: 5:59am On Feb 16, 2013
This may just be a ploy by the JTF to send signal to the government that boko boys have not ceasefire. May be since the boys announced their ceasefire, trust the government, they have not been sending "egunje" as usual to the soldiers as before hence the need to covertly put the government on alert.
Re: Explosion In Maiduguri As Sanusi Visits by Gboliwe: 6:16am On Feb 16, 2013
waja: They welcomed their oga with BOMB SALUTE.
Lol

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Lambasts Aregbesola Over Owed WAEC Fees / Nigeria Airforce Launched Aerial Patrol Over Sambisa Forest (video) / PDP Asks Justice Bulkachuwa To Recuse Selffrom Presidential Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.