Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,915 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman (11145 Views)

Former NFL Player's Mistriess Kidnap And Kills Wife Including Herself (photos) / Recent Trad And White Wedding Of A Nairalander (photos) / Have You Seen Kemisola Uthman Ogunyemi? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by nikkypearl(f): 12:31pm On Feb 16, 2013
Kemisola lost her mother on Wednesday 26th December 2012 and returned to Nigeria with her husband, Akin from the United States for the burial after living there for about a year. Sadly, she was kidnapped at about 8.30pm in Ajah, Lagos on Sunday 10th February 2013.

She was kidnapped about one minute's drive to her Abraham Adesanya Estate home in Ajah. A family member who spoke anonymously told Punch:

"Kemisola and her husband just got an apartment in Abraham Adesanya Estate. In fact, they moved in less than a month ago. The day she was kidnapped, she was coming back from a visit to her father who lives in Ikorodu. When she got to Jeffery Plaza, which is about a minute's drive to her house, some men double-crossed her Murano Sport Utility Vehicle, took control of the car and took her away in it. We actually got the details from people who witnessed it around the plaza. They said the kidnappers shot into the air and zoomed away with her in the car."

The following day, her SUV was discovered in the front of Ogombo Police Station, Ajah with one of her shoes in it. The kidnappers later called her husband with Kemisola's phone, Punch reports.

"They called about 11.41 am on Monday. The speaker clearly sounded like an Igbo man. He said, 'Where are you?' But when Yinka said he was in the house, the speaker asked again 'Are you sure? Are you sure you are in the house? Yinka insisted that he was in the house. He told them he wanted to speak with Kemisola and they gave the phone to her. Kemi sounded very distraught on the phone. She was begging her husband to please help her and do everything the men demanded."

But it was learnt that the kidnappers disconnected the call after they instructed Yinka to call them later by 2pm on Monday. The kidnappers later called on Monday night and demanded N60 million for Kemisola's release, the relation told Punch.

"When they asked for the money, we were all shocked. We pleaded with them, but they were threatening to kill her. How do we get N60 million? We are not politicians. Yinka is just a salary earner while Kemisola has not even got a job since they got back to Nigeria."

On Tuesday, the kidnappers called again with their own number, sounding anxious and insisting that the N60 million should be paid as soon as possible. She said the kidnappers called about 10 times repeating their demand and asking when it would be paid.

"The man who spoke on the phone said, 'We will kill her if you don't pay. We kidnapped two other women and we have already killed them because they did not pay what we demanded'."

But thankfully, a family member, who spoke with Punch last night confirmed that Kemisola has been released.

"Kemi told us she was beaten brutally. They dropped her off along the Lekki-Epe Expressway around 8pm on Thursday. Luckily, she was able to get help from motorists and later contacted us. We paid the ransom on Thursday morning after the kidnappers played different tricks to ensure they evaded capture. They thought we had involved the police. We just thank God we have her back. But she's not in any condition to answer any questions for now. She is resting."

This unfortunate incidence coming just weeks after this family returned back home with the intention of settling down must have raised a lot of doubts about the decision and the security situation in Nigeria. The rate of kidnappings keeps rising daily and Nigerians are very upset about this.

1 Like

Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by Caracta(f): 12:36pm On Feb 16, 2013
I'm happy for her and her family. Thank God.

2 Likes

Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by Odunnu: 12:51pm On Feb 16, 2013
nikkypearl: Kemisola lost her mother on Wednesday 26th December 2012 and returned to Nigeria with her husband, Akin from the United States for the burial after living there for about a year. Sadly, she was kidnapped at about 8.30pm in Ajah, Lagos on Sunday 10th February 2013.

She was kidnapped about one minute's drive to her Abraham Adesanya Estate home in Ajah. A family member who spoke anonymously told Punch:

"Kemisola and her husband just got an apartment in Abraham Adesanya Estate. In fact, they moved in less than a month ago. The day she was kidnapped, she was coming back from a visit to her father who lives in Ikorodu. When she got to Jeffery Plaza, which is about a minute's drive to her house, some men double-crossed her Murano Sport Utility Vehicle, took control of the car and took her away in it. We actually got the details from people who witnessed it around the plaza. They said the kidnappers shot into the air and zoomed away with her in the car."

The following day, her SUV was discovered in the front of Ogombo Police Station, Ajah with one of her shoes in it. The kidnappers later called her husband with Kemisola's phone, Punch reports.

"They called about 11.41 am on Monday. The speaker clearly sounded like an Igbo man. He said, 'Where are you?' But when Yinka said he was in the house, the speaker asked again 'Are you sure? Are you sure you are in the house? Yinka insisted that he was in the house. He told them he wanted to speak with Kemisola and they gave the phone to her. Kemi sounded very distraught on the phone. She was begging her husband to please help her and do everything the men demanded."

But it was learnt that the kidnappers disconnected the call after they instructed Yinka to call them later by 2pm on Monday. The kidnappers later called on Monday night and demanded N60 million for Kemisola's release, the relation told Punch.

"When they asked for the money, we were all shocked. We pleaded with them, but they were threatening to kill her. How do we get N60 million? We are not politicians. Yinka is just a salary earner while Kemisola has not even got a job since they got back to Nigeria."

On Tuesday, the kidnappers called again with their own number, sounding anxious and insisting that the N60 million should be paid as soon as possible. She said the kidnappers called about 10 times repeating their demand and asking when it would be paid.

"The man who spoke on the phone said, 'We will kill her if you don't pay. We kidnapped two other women and we have already killed them because they did not pay what we demanded'."

But thankfully, a family member, who spoke with Punch last night confirmed that Kemisola has been released.

"Kemi told us she was beaten brutally. They dropped her off along the Lekki-Epe Expressway around 8pm on Thursday. Luckily, she was able to get help from motorists and later contacted us. We paid the ransom on Thursday morning after the kidnappers played different tricks to ensure they evaded capture. They thought we had involved the police. We just thank God we have her back. But she's not in any condition to answer any questions for now. She is resting."

This unfortunate incidence coming just weeks after this family returned back home with the intention of settling down must have raised a lot of doubts about the decision and the security situation in Nigeria. The rate of kidnappings keeps rising daily and Nigerians are very upset about this.

Is the bold part necessary? Or there's a point you wanna make?

Thank God she is back in one piece. N60m no be beans o especially for a salary earner.
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by nikkypearl(f): 12:58pm On Feb 16, 2013
I wasn't the one dat made it bold oo!nd no body sud com here 2yab any igbo man o,coz I knw dat is wat sum pple wil capitalize on!
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by Odunnu: 1:15pm On Feb 16, 2013
nikkypearl: I wasn't the one dat made it bold oo!nd no body sud com here 2yab any igbo man o,coz I knw dat is wat sum pple wil capitalize on!
I made it bold for effect.
If your intentions are honest, please strike it off in your opening thread. I'll hate to see your thread dragged in a tribalist war

1 Like

Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by Nobody: 1:28pm On Feb 16, 2013
Odunnu:
I made it bold for effect.
If your intentions are honest, please strike it off in your opening thread. I'll hate to see your thread dragged in a tribalist war
I don't see anything wrong with that piece of information and OP did a good job by informing us on her whereabouts.
The only problem I have now is that the perpetrators of such evil act need to be brought to book or else kidnapping wealthy individuals might just be a good idea to lots of desperate and unemployed youths out there.
Who wouldn't like to make 60million bucks for just a few days job? grin

1 Like

Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by Nobody: 1:40pm On Feb 16, 2013
I will keep saying this - now that 419 biz has dried up kidnapping seems to be the order of the day, very soon groundnut sellers will be kidnapped for N20k what the hell!!!!!!!!!!

I hope the victim can recover from this cos being kidnapped and beaten up is not a small thing.
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by Nobody: 3:23pm On Feb 16, 2013

7 Likes

Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by s25million: 3:35pm On Feb 16, 2013
chaircover: I got back from Nigeria yesterday evening and my husband was thanking God for bringing me back safetly. He said that he had heard 3 stories of kidnaps on the island last week alone.

I'm thankful that the woman was released, Bless her and I pray that she is is not too emotionally affected by this.

. . . . But on a serious note If anyone bothers to kidnap me for 60 million, I will be there for a long long time o! embarassed

Lol grin 60mil should be pudding for you now. I strongly suspect it's an inside job .
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 16, 2013
Of course na inside job, that's why I constantly change my OPC guys everytime I land, I don't trust anybody man. $400k ? That's a lot .
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by damiso(f): 4:45pm On Feb 16, 2013
True o if they kidnap me and ask for N60 million.Lo ba tan embarassedThat is ALOT of money for a few days criminal activity.

Thank God she is now safe.Must have been so traumatic though.

May God protect us all.
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by tpia5: 8:45pm On Feb 16, 2013
Inside job.
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by ebamma(m): 11:01am On Feb 17, 2013
damiso: True o if they kidnap me and ask for N60 million.Lo ba tan embarassedThat is ALOT of money for a few days criminal activity.

Thank God she is now safe.Must have been so traumatic though.

May God protect us all.
English is dead, he died this morning,after being shot by damiso at her nairaland residence, may his soul rest in peace

3 Likes

Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by Nobody: 11:03am On Feb 17, 2013
Its sad really, but believe me, those kidnappers will pay, oh!!! They will so pay!!!!
Thank God Uthman Is safe!
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by Stiv(m): 11:08am On Feb 17, 2013
Fellas, read carefully. The OP didn't say they paid 60M. They paid ransom. It must have been negotiatied to an affordable figure.

1 Like

Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by Nuzo1(m): 11:12am On Feb 17, 2013
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by Nuzo1(m): 11:13am On Feb 17, 2013
Great she came out alive.

But the question now is how a low income earner and an unemployed being could raise $60mill in such a short notice? Did a politician come to their rescue?

Why ddidnt they get the police involved?

Honestly, I doubt if that huge amount of money was paid.

Most cases of kidnap are never straight.
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by yuzedo: 11:13am On Feb 17, 2013
Hope those f'u'ckers didn't r'a'pe the poor woman because if they did, I will find them. And I will kill them. angry angry angry
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by Jarus(m): 11:15am On Feb 17, 2013
When I read all these I always wwonder whether it is the same Ajah I stay. These are areas one passes.

This is exactly the second time this is happening around. One of my former company's staff was also kidnapped around that spot in 2011.
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by brixton: 11:15am On Feb 17, 2013
inside job
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by watchindelta(m): 11:19am On Feb 17, 2013
nawaho 4 dis 9ja
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by Nobody: 11:20am On Feb 17, 2013
Stiv: Fellas, read carefully. The OP didn't say they paid 60M. They paid ransom. It must have been negotiatied to an affordable figure.

I hope it was negotiated. I'd hate to think that those criminals made so much money from the kidnap even after they brutally beat her.

Nigeria is so messed up. Our useless law enforcement that ought to help us put an end to things like this are only interested in collecting bribes. Our even more useless president doesn't seem to care and is busy fighting his own personal war to overthrow OBJ in PDP.
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by Nuzo1(m): 11:24am On Feb 17, 2013
Stiv: Fellas, read carefully. The OP didn't say they paid 60M. They paid ransom. It must have been negotiatied to an affordable figure.

I have read it again and the report didn't show that the asking ransom of $60mil was renegotiated downwards.

"We paid THE ransom"...not "we paid A ransom".

They should have gotten the police involved.
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by ikweremilitant: 11:24am On Feb 17, 2013
jidegirl12: Of course na inside job, that's why I constantly change my OPC guys everytime I land, I don't trust anybody man. $400k ? That's a lot .
opc guys armd wit den gus nd mathete.dm never rember u wen dm do ur opc will break husain bolt record
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by Nobody: 11:29am On Feb 17, 2013
A family member said they paid the ransom,which may be far less than N60 million, its not stated how much they paid, except there is still more we need to know
May God protect us from bad belle insiders ooo
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by ikweremilitant: 11:29am On Feb 17, 2013
Jarus: When I read all these I always wwonder whether it is the same Ajah I stay. These are areas one passes.

This is exactly the second time this is happening around. One of my former company's staff was also kidnapped around that spot in 2011.
iys

high time u relocate to ajegunle
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by 1121: 11:32am On Feb 17, 2013
i strongly doubt if that amt was paid. Even finance minister, 1 time word bank manager, paid only 10mil 4 d release of her mother. How much more a bloody salary earner. Tank God she is alive. I hope she wont consider relocation. As of the 'ibo voice' issue, i thing there is nothing wrong in press report being detail and factual
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by justwise(m): 11:33am On Feb 17, 2013
nikkypearl: Kemisola lost her mother on Wednesday 26th December 2012 and returned to Nigeria with her husband, Akin from the United States for the burial after living there for about a year. Sadly, she was kidnapped at about 8.30pm in Ajah, Lagos on Sunday 10th February 2013.

So bloody unnecessary! What exactly do people gain by bringing tribe into every issue?

1 Like

Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by justwise(m): 11:36am On Feb 17, 2013
1121: i strongly doubt if that amt was paid. Even finance minister, 1 time word bank manager, paid only 10mil 4 d release of her mother. How much more a bloody salary earner. Tank God she is alive. I hope she wont consider relocation. As of the 'ibo voice' issue, i thing there is nothing wrong in press report being detail and factual

Rubbish! absolutely rubbish, what is factual about an allegation? The voice sounded igbo is a fact?

1 Like

Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by pekelepekele(m): 11:37am On Feb 17, 2013
Did she pay N60m to the kidnappers? Jesus! . Government should do something fast about this country!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Fate Of Tunde Thomas! A Lesson For Men!! / If Your Husband/Wife Is Not Smart / How I Was Scammed By Selfpaiid On Nairaland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.