Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,997 members, 7,835,340 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:54 AM

The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman (11156 Views)

Former NFL Player's Mistriess Kidnap And Kills Wife Including Herself (photos) / Recent Trad And White Wedding Of A Nairalander (photos) / Have You Seen Kemisola Uthman Ogunyemi? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by drnoel: 11:39am On Feb 17, 2013
nikkypearl: Kemisola lost her mother on Wednesday 26th December 2012 and returned to Nigeria with her husband, Akin from the United States for the burial after living there for about a year. Sadly, she was kidnapped at about 8.30pm in Ajah, Lagos on Sunday 10th February 2013.

She was kidnapped about one minute's drive to her Abraham Adesanya Estate home in Ajah. A family member who spoke anonymously told Punch:

"Kemisola and her husband just got an apartment in Abraham Adesanya Estate. In fact, they moved in less than a month ago. The day she was kidnapped, she was coming back from a visit to her father who lives in Ikorodu. When she got to Jeffery Plaza, which is about a minute's drive to her house, some men double-crossed her Murano Sport Utility Vehicle, took control of the car and took her away in it. We actually got the details from people who witnessed it around the plaza. They said the kidnappers shot into the air and zoomed away with her in the car."

The following day, her SUV was discovered in the front of Ogombo Police Station, Ajah with one of her shoes in it. The kidnappers later called her husband with Kemisola's phone, Punch reports.

"They called about 11.41 am on Monday. The speaker clearly sounded like an Igbo man. He said, 'Where are you?' But when Yinka said he was in the house, the speaker asked again 'Are you sure? Are you sure you are in the house? Yinka insisted that he was in the house. He told them he wanted to speak with Kemisola and they gave the phone to her. Kemi sounded very distraught on the phone. She was begging her husband to please help her and do everything the men demanded."

But it was learnt that the kidnappers disconnected the call after they instructed Yinka to call them later by 2pm on Monday. The kidnappers later called on Monday night and demanded N60 million for Kemisola's release, the relation told Punch.

"When they asked for the money, we were all shocked. We pleaded with them, but they were threatening to kill her. How do we get N60 million? We are not politicians. Yinka is just a salary earner while Kemisola has not even got a job since they got back to Nigeria."

On Tuesday, the kidnappers called again with their own number, sounding anxious and insisting that the N60 million should be paid as soon as possible. She said the kidnappers called about 10 times repeating their demand and asking when it would be paid.

"The man who spoke on the phone said, 'We will kill her if you don't pay. We kidnapped two other women and we have already killed them because they did not pay what we demanded'."

But thankfully, a family member, who spoke with Punch last night confirmed that Kemisola has been released.

"Kemi told us she was beaten brutally. They dropped her off along the Lekki-Epe Expressway around 8pm on Thursday. Luckily, she was able to get help from motorists and later contacted us. We paid the ransom on Thursday morning after the kidnappers played different tricks to ensure they evaded capture. They thought we had involved the police. We just thank God we have her back. But she's not in any condition to answer any questions for now. She is resting."

This unfortunate incidence coming just weeks after this family returned back home with the intention of settling down must have raised a lot of doubts about the decision and the security situation in Nigeria. The rate of kidnappings keeps rising daily and Nigerians are very upset about this.
sounds like someone close to their family informed the kidnappers..
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by Nuzo1(m): 11:44am On Feb 17, 2013
fellis: Nigeria is so messed up. Our useless law enforcement that ought to help us put an end to things like this are only interested in collecting bribes. Our even more useless president doesn't seem to care and is busy fighting his own personal war to overthrow OBJ in PDP.

Given, our law enforcement agents are operating far below expectation. However, it should be noted that the general public contribute enormously to these decay. We do not like to give necessary information to the police.

The SS and police have in most cases in the past done a good job in tackling crimes of this nature. In those cases, they were somehow informed/involved. They are no magicians.
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by andyanders: 11:48am On Feb 17, 2013
I thank God for her release and life back. It will NEVER EVER be well with them as they will all die within this month. As I said the God of T.B.Joshua will release her, her life is better than any money but the kidnappers will NEVER EVER be alive to eat that money in Jesus name Amen.
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by Tyche(m): 11:50am On Feb 17, 2013
Igbo voice?

I hear you Ostrich.

Better check on your youruba brothers and relatives; this is definetly an inside job.

Loooooooong hissssss

2 Likes

Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by andyanders: 11:51am On Feb 17, 2013
drnoel:
sounds like someone close to their family informed the kidnappers..

I believe what you said. There must have been an insider who is party to the crime and God will expose that person as it is written that your enemy might/may be a member of your immediate family.
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by shadyJ: 11:54am On Feb 17, 2013
ebamma: English is dead, he died this morning,after being shot by damiso at her nairaland residence, may his soul rest in peace
Lol.. Don't be a nitwit naa, her writing is very passable..correct, infact.. I've seen much worse
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by ochukoccna: 11:55am On Feb 17, 2013
Its getting scarier to have more than the average Joe and live in Nigeria
If its not robbery, it will be kidnapping and all sort of human conspired chaos
So why do we curse and rant at those who wave their eternal goodbyes to Nigeria at the MMIA? cool cool
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by Noiseless2: 12:02pm On Feb 17, 2013
How are we sure this ain't a stunt by all involed?
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by Nobody: 12:10pm On Feb 17, 2013
The idea of one's nubile wife being kidnapped and held for days by a gang of hoodlums is completely unpalatable, for obvious reasons.

I doubt this is an inside job. It's a case of kidnappers on the prowl, who sight a random sleek-looking SUV and instantly realise that the occupant of the car is worth at least a few millions ransom. This is the more common kind of kidnapping these days, and it is a scary and disturbing trend.
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by otokx(m): 12:17pm On Feb 17, 2013
kidnapping is now an occupation in Nigeria where some of the citizens like to live extravagant lives, lets all learn our lessons. Don't push your only God knows where you got wealth from in people's face.
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by Nobody: 12:24pm On Feb 17, 2013
justwise: [/b]

Rubbish! absolutely rubbish, what is factual about an allegation? The voice sounded igbo is a fact?
Why are you so mad @OP? Are you ranting because OP dropped a clue on the kind of persons behind the evil act or you're just mad that your kinsmen have brought their trade from the East where it's so popular to Lagos.
As long as God liveth, they will not survive here in Lagos.

2 Likes

Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by Fadelex(m): 12:29pm On Feb 17, 2013
I wonder why d legislatives are yet to pass capital punishment for kidnappers?? It's a wicked act, even worse than robbery.... I hope they will be traced and be dealt with in a hitler's way....
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by tyson55(m): 12:33pm On Feb 17, 2013
Definately an inside job.

Kidnappers don't just go on random kidnapping people, they most times have a prior knowledge of their victims.

@topic, thank God she was found, irrespective of any amount they must have shelled out to get her freed. Her life is worth more.
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by Nobody: 12:36pm On Feb 17, 2013
Tell me how Nigerians that have settled in Western countries where such things are very rare will even contemplate returning home.How?
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by Rooneyboy(m): 12:37pm On Feb 17, 2013
Odunnu:
I made it bold for effect.
If your intentions are honest, please strike it off in your opening thread. I'll hate to see your thread dragged in a tribalist war

She's about the only yoruba person on NL that is reasonable and neutral, all others are grin

Again Odunnu pls is ur hubby igbo *just asking*
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by Rooneyboy(m): 12:40pm On Feb 17, 2013
jidegirl12: Of course na inside job, that's why I constantly change my OPC guys everytime I land, I don't trust anybody man. $400k ? That's a lot .

Ur OPC guys
U be politician ni
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by Rooneyboy(m): 12:42pm On Feb 17, 2013
ebamma: English is dead, he died this morning,after being shot by damiso at her nairaland residence, may his soul rest in peace

grin grin grin
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by Nobody: 12:44pm On Feb 17, 2013
Odunnu:
I made it bold for effect.
If your intentions are honest, please strike it off in your opening thread. I'll hate to see your thread dragged in a tribalist war

It was completely pointless making it bold. We are not blind and no one appointed you as NL magnifying lens.
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by Nobody: 12:58pm On Feb 17, 2013
how did some posters come to conclusion N60 million was paid?
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by justwise(m): 1:04pm On Feb 17, 2013
Brand_new:
Why are you so mad @OP? Are you ranting because OP dropped a clue on the kind of persons behind the evil act or you're just mad that your kinsmen have brought their trade from the East where it's so popular to Lagos.
As long as God liveth, they will not survive here in Lagos.

No, i'm ranting because m0r0ons like you are so silly that you rather talk about tribe than face the real issue.

Whether the woman was kidnapped by an Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa gangs is immaterial, trying to look for a tribe to blame is just idiotic, it will not solve the problem is kidnapping.

Its foolishness to think that kidnapping is done by Igbos alone, that Igbos exported it to other part of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by 1121: 1:23pm On Feb 17, 2013
[quote author=Brand_new]
As long as God liveth, they will not survive here in Lagos[quote]
Amen my brother
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by ikweremilitant: 1:29pm On Feb 17, 2013
Who is dat idiot accusing ibos of spreadng kidnapng dat ws. Startd by we nija deltans.y is it dat u peple hate ibos so much wat hs ibos done to u pepl especaly yorubas.its ntng but envy full stop.if it will intrest u to knw the fist armd rober in d history of nija is adewusi a yoruba so let's all agree dat armd robery ws spread in nija by yarabas nd any we're dia is robery its yaraba

2 Likes

Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by Orikinla(m): 1:57pm On Feb 17, 2013
I thank God she is alive and well.

SO KIDNAPPERS ARE NOW IN LAGOS, THEN NO WHERE IS SAFE IN NIGERIA AGAIN?
I THINK THE KIDNAPPERS IN THE SOUTH EAST AND SOUTH SOUTH HAVE OPENED A BRANCH IN THE SOUTH WEST AND THEY ARE EMPLOYING. grin

CAN SOMEONE RAISE KIDS SAFELY IN THIS KIND OF SITUATION IN NIGERIA?
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by hrhobi1(m): 2:08pm On Feb 17, 2013
The husband should be properly investigated. 100% inside job.
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by Nobody: 2:09pm On Feb 17, 2013
justwise:

No, i'm ranting because m0r0ons like you are so silly that you rather talk about tribe than face the real issue.

Whether the woman was kidnapped by an Igbo, Yoruba or Hausa gangs is immaterial, trying to look for a tribe to blame is just idiotic, it will not solve the problem is kidnapping.

Its foolishness to think that kidnapping is done by Igbos alone, that Igbos exported it to other part of Nigeria.
And the rabid dog howl again.

I think OP has done a great job by informing us all on the situation of thing. Been following the case since the first post she made when the victim got kidnapped and no Mod deemed it fit to put that thread on the home page to facilitate her recovery.
Now the event has become newsworthy after victim has been released due to devine and financial intervention of family and friends.
So of what good use would this forum be if all you people do is trying to drag or prolong tribal issue.

*I still stand by OP for noting the fact and evidence that the Kidnappers spoke with an Igbo ascent* Shikena!
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by justwise(m): 2:18pm On Feb 17, 2013
Brand_new:
And the rabid dog howl again.

I think OP has done a great job by informing us all on the situation of thing. Been following the case since the first post she made when the victim got kidnapped and no Mod deemed it fit to put that thread on the home page to facilitate her recovery.
Now the event has become newsworthy after victim has been released due to devine and financial intervention of family and friends.
So of what good use would this forum be if all you people do is trying to drag or prolong tribal issue.

*I still stand by OP for noting the fact and evidence that the Kidnappers spoke with an Igbo ascent* Shikena!

What fact and evidence? Because the family claimed that the kidnapper has igbo accent is a fact and evidence? Are you an idi0t by default?

3 Likes

Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by Nobody: 2:24pm On Feb 17, 2013
Rooneyboy:

Ur OPC guys
U be politician ni

shhhhhhhh wink grin
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by Nobody: 2:26pm On Feb 17, 2013
justwise:

What fact and evidence? Because the family claimed that the kidnapper has igbo accent is a fact and evidence? Are you an idi0t by default?
Go and ask them. I'm sure it will become a valid evidence if 2 or 3 family members testify to that effect in a court of Law.

*Now who is the stup*d one between me and you?*
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by hrhobi1(m): 2:28pm On Feb 17, 2013
Anybody or anyone insulting the igbo tribe on this tread shall not see the end of today. May the God of all igbos punish ya dirty mouth,hand,and brain Amen
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by justwise(m): 2:34pm On Feb 17, 2013
Brand_new:
Go and ask them. I'm sure it will become a valid evidence if 2 or 3 family members testify to that effect in a court of Law.

*Now who is the stup*d one between me and you?*

You have being the foolish one from the beginning, testify in which court? Were the kidnappers arrested?
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by Nobody: 2:39pm On Feb 17, 2013
hrhobi1: [b][b]Anybody or anyone [/b]i[/b]nsulting the igbo tribe on this tread shall not see the end of today. May the God of all igbos punish ya dirty mouth,hand,and brain Amen

All these curse for your fellow brother? shocked I see you like other tribe wella. Fake people, kuku remove ^^^ 'anybody or anyone' in your post and put Yoruba there and let it go down cos major NL Tribalist's are waiting down there as guests.
Re: The Recent Kidnap And Release Of Kemisola Uthman by Urine: 3:08pm On Feb 17, 2013
hrhobi1: Anybody or anyone insulting the igbo tribe on this tread shall not see the end of today. May the God of all igbos punish ya dirty mouth,hand,and brain Amen

Are you f**kn kidding me? You are cursing because of an issue like this? In this life you are all alone forget about tribal loyalty, even brothers kill each other. Concentrate on more useful things

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prepaid Electricity Meter: So Person Cannot Cook In Peace With Electric Cooker? / Affordable Home Essentials, Gift Items, Health And Fitness And Lots More.. / If Your Husband/Wife Is Not Smart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.