Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,664 members, 7,813,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:00 AM

Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? (10606 Views)

Do People Still Buy Music Albums? / Play Fuji Music Online Or Download Here / Naija Music streaming or download (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by drizzypat: 10:34am On Feb 17, 2013
dino escobar: ;DNow Can u guys give me some sites dat I can download free music and movies. Tanx.
dude google is seconds away from u jst search d song nd put download..chikena u will be refered to a site to download!...dnt wonna cause any spamming
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by drizzypat: 10:36am On Feb 17, 2013
Temismith: None of d above! I get dem trough my bluetooth...in dat cas ;De, i dont have to spend a penny! Chikena!
lwkmd stingy
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by Elhakym1(m): 10:37am On Feb 17, 2013
ojhandsome: buyin album or watever is far more xpensive and even old fashioned*u even hav 2 transport to werever 2 buy t* d album u buy cant even last 4 a long time very soon its start skippn*it also occupies space at home*downloadn online us way kooler n lasts 4 ever until ur tired of it*its nt debatable downloadin online s d best

Dude no body asked you to debate on this...just tell if you still buy or download! wink
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by Nobody: 10:38am On Feb 17, 2013
Stiil bought usher's looking for myself album but its a no no 4 nigeria artiste i have to get a run for my money
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by drizzypat: 10:39am On Feb 17, 2013
NessaFresh:
u need to get ur head examined...what have u achieved from that feat
hmm whats with d harsh words..everyone has his/her own preference..its nt ur place to judge!
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by dinoescobar(m): 10:40am On Feb 17, 2013
ActiveMan:
and you will pay with your MB lol grin

No Problemo
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by bonetalk(m): 10:42am On Feb 17, 2013
It's Downloading..... but some songs are difficult to get on internet, especially christians songs which are my favourite.
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by Osaos(m): 10:44am On Feb 17, 2013
Buy ko shit ni . When I can download 50 songs with just 150 in a cafe .. And why would I buy 1 album for 200(or more). When its only 1 or 2 dat would be interesting . Shm
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by Bawss1(m): 10:47am On Feb 17, 2013
The last time I bought an album was in 2011; it was my first buy since 2004. Haven't bought any music since then. Downloading is the way to go.

Trust members of the old guard to complain about that. They refuse to accept the fact that the Internet has rendered their old business model antiquated hence the cries of copyright theft and what not.

Those cries of theft are completely ridiculous. Downloading music or any other content from the web for NON COMMERCIAL PURPOSES is simply file sharing but the many copyright holders incredulosly equate this to stealing!
Let them keep crying while they get left behind.
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by Nobody: 10:56am On Feb 17, 2013
I stopped buying pirated CD's because they are not reliable. Back in 08 I bought a jay z CD only to take it home and hear pasuma wonder sad so its strictly downloading for me now
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by Revolva(m): 10:57am On Feb 17, 2013
spywareczar: Why shud I buy any wen I hve a BB ãήϑ all D̶̲̥̅̊ songs I like are online ãήϑ downloadable for free??
Oga help me tell dem --- I no fit shout BB I dey download american music to scatter haha naija own na small tin and even xX movies haha on xvideos site haha nasty me....BB data plan is dabest
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 17, 2013
slyfoxxjoe: I stopped buying pirated CD's because they are not reliable. Back in 08 I bought a jay z CD only to take it home and hear pasuma wonder sad so its strictly downloading for me now

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by Sike(m): 11:03am On Feb 17, 2013
With My Subscription, I Download Everything.
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by joudini(m): 11:04am On Feb 17, 2013
I just looked at my hiphop folder and l have close to 300gb of albums. I have all the albums and mixtapes of conscious rappers from Run DMC, Kool G Rap, AZ, Rakim, Scarface, talib, mos def, nas, jay z, pac down to the 2013 releases. If there is a place in hell for DLers, l deserve a choice spot :-D
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by drizzypat: 11:11am On Feb 17, 2013
joudini: I just looked at my hiphop folder and l have close to 300gb of albums. I have all the albums and mixtapes of conscious rappers from Run DMC, Kool G Rap, AZ, Rakim, Scarface, talib, mos def, nas, jay z, pac down to the 2013 releases. If there is a place in hell for DLers, l deserve a choice spot :-D
forming nigga for us..#smh#
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by vicope: 11:19am On Feb 17, 2013
Soso990240: nt true.u can get original CDs 4 as low as #1500
Let's be practical, who would invest #1500 on even an original CD in a country where poverty is widespread and also considering that there is no adequate protection of intellectual property in this country. Any artiste going into music in Nigeria knows that even though money can be made via the sale of musical albums, the bulk of money actually comes from shows and concerts. That's why even the A-list artistes post their new songs online for free download, bearing it in mind that if the songs becomes a hit, that translates to more concerts, more endorsements and more caller-tunes download (in a country of over 130million GSM subscribers). How else can we explain Iyanya making tens of millions of Naira from a single hit 'Kukere' without even releasing an album yet?
I sincerely hope that one day, our copyright laws and IP rights will be made to favour the entertainers (in music, movie, comedy and literature) who invest so much time, energy and resources to produce good stuffs that we like. In a country of over 160million people, nothing stops 2face Idibia from being as rich as Usher Raymond, or Wizkid being as rich as Justin Beiber or Tiwa Savage being as rich as Mariah Carey- what we need is proper orientation, proper laws and punishments for offenders and of course, improving the standard of living of Nigerians so we can afford to patronize original copies (person wey no sure of 3 square meal no go tink of any yeye CD) grin.
For me o, downloading is the way for now!

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by chux76(m): 11:26am On Feb 17, 2013
For me..I download foreign artistes songs and buy CD's/Albums of Nigerian artistes. I have a collection of MANY Nigerian artistes(all genres)and I will keep buying as long as the songs appeals to me. N100 bucks is not much to pay back someone for their hard-work.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by yuzedo: 11:34am On Feb 17, 2013
I buy Naija music seeing as I can't download indigenous albums online.

RIP foreign music, down to the rarest, scarcest albums. And it's free too! Office broadband.grin cheesy
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by Rick9(m): 11:37am On Feb 17, 2013
[size=21pt]
... If you download any song on D internet ... The Artiste get something ... Dats wat i heard dont know if it's true [/size]
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by Goldenheart(m): 11:38am On Feb 17, 2013
miz4oxley: Oops! I buy albums when I'm feeling like listening to the artiste asap. Anyways, but I'm sure albums don't sell well since the advent of interner free download.
Now if they dnt sell that well, how come they still make their millions in just one CD.
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by tintingz(m): 11:41am On Feb 17, 2013
Temismith: None of d above! I get dem trough my bluetooth...in dat cas ;De, i dont have to spend a penny! Chikena!
see your mouth... tongue na free thing you sabi...some people dey download or buy CD you na bluetooth you dey us collect songs tongue grin
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by nlofficial(m): 11:42am On Feb 17, 2013
I buy and download as well.
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by joudini(m): 11:47am On Feb 17, 2013
And my post gets hidden. Mtschew
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by emmabest2000(m): 12:22pm On Feb 17, 2013
[quote author=oyb]

mr man, the world has changed and moved on

deal with it
or you can come here trying to play naija RIAA - if you even know what that means tongue
original cd for what N3000? i remember those times from school wella, when only the rich kids had audio cds. those alaba cds (big boss jigga man ) were a great equalizer . this of course was before the market became an all comers affair with rubbish discs

why would i do that if i could get it on the net for free?

people who require quality will patronize you -

there was a time when i had up 600 or more cds. now i have far more, and it all fits snugly on a hard drive
RIAA MEANS ?
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by mafiacent(m): 12:33pm On Feb 17, 2013
Most Artistes now make their money from Concerts, Shows, Endorsements and all. It's not like they were making much from Alaba b4. I think for Nigerian Music Industry, online Streaming doesn't have much impact on Revenue of the Artiste. As long as your song is popular, doors would open!
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by BusHouse(m): 12:34pm On Feb 17, 2013
stshakes: This is a very important post. I think its high time started buying the albums/singles either in hard copy or digital format. These guys put in a lot of creativity and money into their craft. Its only fair we show them the support. For example, an upcoming artiste who doesn't have a record Label to support him can use proceeds off the sale of his singles, no matter how small to sustain his career before his "big break" comes and he is signed by a major label. This is what happens abroad. Even an "upcoming" artiste should live well at least. There is a big divide of financial strength btw the upcoming and A-list. Who knows how many good talents we have lost cos they could not pay for studio sessions and stuff. 10 naira is not too much to pay for the download of a single. Please, LET THE MUSIC PAY!!!
Abi u b member of "COSON"?
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by 360command: 12:42pm On Feb 17, 2013
Omo, the transportation cost from my house to alaba far die . The transport cost to a nearby market fit cost like 200naira to and fro. With the download,its less cost especially when using BIS or unlimited data. Well, it depends sha.. If artistes releases 1 or 2 songs, then na download win am.but if I wan listen to that artist as par say I like am, den na to waka go alaba or anywhere to buy the album.
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by Son274: 1:14pm On Feb 17, 2013
I download
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by Gentlegun(m): 1:23pm On Feb 17, 2013
ActiveMan: YOU PAY WHETHER YOU BUY OR DOWNLOAD

WHEN YOU BUY PHYSICAL DISC, YOU PAY CASH
WHEN YOU DOWNLOAD, YOU DOWNLOAD WITH YOUR MB

SO NOTHING IS STILL FREE HERE
true talk
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 17, 2013
Last time I paid for an album was in 2011. Buy singles from google play music.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vma Winners 09/ Kanye West Interrupts T.s. (video) / NBC Certifies ABS Digital Studios Awka For Digital Switch Over- PICTURES / Ty Bello Ekundayo Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.