Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,667 members, 7,816,739 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? (10608 Views)

Do People Still Buy Music Albums? / Play Fuji Music Online Or Download Here / Naija Music streaming or download (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by miz4oxley(m): 7:10am On Feb 17, 2013
Nairalanders, I will like to know your views, If you still buy Music, Videos Albums or you strictly download? Because, since the advent of internet streaming, even artiste put their songs, albums up for free? Pls.... Let's hear
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by Mynd44: 7:39am On Feb 17, 2013
I still buy albums, I burn them to my PC then give the disc out.......I no get time to dey wait for MTN or Airtel connection to download

3 Likes

Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by miz4oxley(m): 8:09am On Feb 17, 2013
Oops! I buy albums when I'm feeling like listening to the artiste asap. Anyways, but I'm sure albums don't sell well since the advent of interner free download.
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by Nobody: 9:51am On Feb 17, 2013
YOU PAY WHETHER YOU BUY OR DOWNLOAD

WHEN YOU BUY PHYSICAL DISC, YOU PAY CASH
WHEN YOU DOWNLOAD, YOU DOWNLOAD WITH YOUR MB

SO NOTHING IS STILL FREE HERE

13 Likes

Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 17, 2013
Yes i still do... There z tht spirit and joy in owning lilwayne's cd collection

2 Likes

Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by Nobody: 9:55am On Feb 17, 2013
ActiveMan: YOU PAY WHETHER YOU BUY OR DOWNLOAD

WHEN YOU BUY PHYSICAL DISC, YOU PAY CASH
WHEN YOU DOWNLOAD, YOU DOWNLOAD WITH YOUR MB

SO NOTHING IS STILL FREE HERE
Hmmmm!
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by MicroBox: 10:01am On Feb 17, 2013
What is free about downloading? @op can you download seven tracks for hundred naira,that is MTN 10mb. But you can buy idris abdulkareem's album for 100naira.

7 Likes

Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by Zeebah23(f): 10:03am On Feb 17, 2013
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by dnext1(m): 10:04am On Feb 17, 2013
both ways you are still paying.. cool
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by Nobody: 10:07am On Feb 17, 2013
[size=13pt]I buy. The only time I download is when it's not available for purchase.[/size]
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by spywareczar(m): 10:08am On Feb 17, 2013
Why shud I buy any wen I hve a BB ãήϑ all D̶̲̥̅̊ songs I like are online ãήϑ downloadable for free??

5 Likes

Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by stshakes(m): 10:08am On Feb 17, 2013
This is a very important post. I think its high time started buying the albums/singles either in hard copy or digital format. These guys put in a lot of creativity and money into their craft. Its only fair we show them the support. For example, an upcoming artiste who doesn't have a record Label to support him can use proceeds off the sale of his singles, no matter how small to sustain his career before his "big break" comes and he is signed by a major label. This is what happens abroad. Even an "upcoming" artiste should live well at least. There is a big divide of financial strength btw the upcoming and A-list. Who knows how many good talents we have lost cos they could not pay for studio sessions and stuff. 10 naira is not too much to pay for the download of a single. Please, LET THE MUSIC PAY!!!

7 Likes

Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by spywareczar(m): 10:09am On Feb 17, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]I buy. The only time I download is when it's not available for purchase.[/size]
SMW (shaking my waist 4 Ɣøµ)
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by Phony200(m): 10:09am On Feb 17, 2013
Both. Foreign albums I buy on iTunes, Nigerian ones too if I can't find the cd. Otherwise, physical cd which is way cheaper. 150 Naira compared to $9.99 on iTunes.
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by ludasam222(m): 10:10am On Feb 17, 2013
I still bought paul nwokeocha album yestarday....so wat!!!
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by Temismith(f): 10:11am On Feb 17, 2013
None of d above! I get dem trough my bluetooth...in dat cas ;De, i dont have to spend a penny! Chikena!

7 Likes

Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by Nobody: 10:12am On Feb 17, 2013
download all the way

especaially when you consider the fact that when downloading, you are more certain of what you get than when buying a disc

there was a point some years back, when all sorts of characters in alaba were churning out dubious cds. janet jackson on the cd which was a bizarre compilation of music from multiple artistes

one would have to scour the net to even figure out which song was which

and then the issue of low quality discs

i'm experiencing that right now

i was in pc village yesterday, and bought far cry 3 off this fellow. i could have downloaded it, but that would take something in the realm of 1-2 days, with the risk of the file being de;leted before download completion

but the old issue has com eup, the disc is crap and i can't copy a 4gb file off it. data recovery worked, but that came with crc errors

so downloading trumps every time

plus with downloading, you can remember a song and go and look for it. doesn't work in alaba with those crude fellows who only know this plate no dey move again - they are in it SOLELY becsue it is an item to sell. they have 0 understanding or interest in what thy are selling.

3 Likes

Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by vykte(m): 10:17am On Feb 17, 2013
Downloading does it 4 me...
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by CHIMCO(m): 10:17am On Feb 17, 2013
Pls i ve not heard Tonto Dike's song. I need link to download thanks.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by Joe50(m): 10:17am On Feb 17, 2013
it has been quite long i buy album physically, any track i like i download it online.

But all na still buy, cos d mb i use for d download is not free.
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by ojhandsome(m): 10:18am On Feb 17, 2013
buyin album or watever is far more xpensive and even old fashioned*u even hav 2 transport to werever 2 buy t* d album u buy cant even last 4 a long time very soon its start skippn*it also occupies space at home*downloadn online us way kooler n lasts 4 ever until ur tired of it*its nt debatable downloadin online s d best
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by stshakes(m): 10:18am On Feb 17, 2013
oyb: download all the way

especaially when you consider the fact that when downloading, you are more certain of what you get than when buying a disc

there was a point some years back, when all sorts of characters in alaba were churning out dubious cds. janet jackson on the cd which was a bizarre compilation of music from multiple artistes

one would have to scour the net to even figure out which song was which

and then the issue of low quality discs

i'm experiencing that right now

i was in pc village yesterday, and bought far cry 3 off this fellow. i could have downloaded it, but that would take something in the realm of 1-2 days, with the risk of the file being de;leted before download completion

but the old issue has com eup, the disc is crap and i can't copy a 4gb file off it. data recovery worked, but that came with crc errors

so downloading trumps every time

plus with downloading, you can remember a song and go and look for it. doesn't work in alaba with those crude fellows who only know this plate no dey move again - they are in it SOLELY becsue it is an item to sell. they have 0 understanding or interest in what thy are selling.

Bro, are you telling me that is enough reason for you to download someone's creativity for free? If you have issues with FAKE CDs and I am sure a lot more people do, maybe that is a business opportunity for you. Why not go into the sales or ORIGINAL CDs and most def, people who require quality will patronize you
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by born2boink(m): 10:24am On Feb 17, 2013
Why would I buy album when I can download on the street, even on the walking road,at the corner of my room, can even download on top of girl during Bleep.....
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by Nobody: 10:25am On Feb 17, 2013
stshakes:

Bro, are you telling me that is enough reason for you to download someone's creativity for free? If you have issues with FAKE CDs and I am sure a lot more people do, maybe that is a business opportunity for you. Why not go into the sales or ORIGINAL CDs and most def, people who require quality will patronize you

mr man, the world has changed and moved on

deal with it
or you can come here trying to play naija RIAA - if you even know what that means tongue
original cd for what N3000? i remember those times from school wella, when only the rich kids had audio cds. those alaba cds (big boss jigga man ) were a great equalizer . this of course was before the market became an all comers affair with rubbish discs

why would i do that if i could get it on the net for free?

people who require quality will patronize you - now you're talking like an illiterate.

there was a time when i had up 600 or more cds. now i have far more, and it all fits snugly on a hard drive

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by Soso990240(m): 10:27am On Feb 17, 2013
Artists wit 1 or 2 tracks leaves us with no other option dan 2 download online..wit my Etisalat monthly 1k2 BIS,i can download as many songs as i want.
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by drizzypat: 10:28am On Feb 17, 2013
Free free free..i really cant remember the last time i ever bought a disk,jst for music..since 2006 actually!..when u have the power of the internet ,that gives u the music u want,even on HD sef,ppl like we dat dnt listen to naija songs much..i dnt need to buy disk again..for what..even movies nw sef,e dey hard me buy,only becos i wannahave my copy of the movie/series i get it..infact d power of internet has even make it easier for everyone to do things easier and fast..i dnt even go to cinemas sef.i get/watch the movie even b4 it gets to nigeria sef...thanks the beauty of the world we are in!

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by dinoescobar(m): 10:29am On Feb 17, 2013
;DNow Can u guys give me some sites dat I can download free music and movies. Tanx.

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by Soso990240(m): 10:30am On Feb 17, 2013
oyb:

deal with it
or you can come here trying to play naija RIAA - if you even know what that means tongue
original cd for what N3000?

people who require quality will patronize you - now you're talking like an illiterate.

there was a time when i had up 600 or more cds. now i have far more, and it all fits snugly on a hard drive

nt true.u can get original CDs 4 as low as #1500
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by NessaFresh(f): 10:30am On Feb 17, 2013
deejay_harry1: Yes i still do... There z tht spirit and joy in owning lilwayne's cd collection
u need to get ur head examined...what have u achieved from that feat
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by Nobody: 10:30am On Feb 17, 2013
dino escobar: ;DNow Can u guys give me some sites dat I can download free music and movies. Tanx.
and you will pay with your MB lol grin
Re: Do You Still Buy Album Or Download Music? by drizzypat: 10:32am On Feb 17, 2013
oyb:

deal with it
original cd for what N3000? i remember those times from school wella, when only the rich kids had audio cds. those alaba cds (big boss jigga man ) were a great equalizer . this of course was before the market became an all comers affair with rubbish discs

abi technology..d world is simply evolving

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Vma Winners 09/ Kanye West Interrupts T.s. (video) / NBC Certifies ABS Digital Studios Awka For Digital Switch Over- PICTURES / Zlatan Ibile - The Matter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.