Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,655 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? (18175 Views)

List Of Super Eagles Squad for Egypt Game / Emenike Rejects Invitation Back To The Super Eagles Squad / Current Super Eagles Squad And Tribal Selection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Feb 18, 2013
outrage: [size=14pt]sani kaita
Yakubu[/size]
wat an erroneous statement.
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by honeric01(m): 3:09pm On Feb 18, 2013
we only need 4 additions to the team while 4 are to be removed. Oshaniwa must be replaced, if ik uche refuse to up his game, he should be replaced with his elder brother. Ejike should be replaced with anichebe or bright dike. We also need a standard 2 to help out ambrose. I really want to see dike, anichebe and the guy that played 2 for us in the venezuela's friendly.
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Feb 18, 2013
vicade: Shola Ameobi
we need young and able players and not an age player
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by sucess001(m): 3:15pm On Feb 18, 2013
Victor Anichebe, Martins,osaze
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by doctokwus: 3:15pm On Feb 18, 2013
Abraham2013: I think the following players will add much needed competition to the team dat won d last AFCON:
lukeman haruna (dynamo Kiev)
Sidney Sam (bayer Leverkusen)
Joel Obi (inter Milan)
John Chibuike (Rosenberg, Sweden)
Daniel adejo ( Regina, Italy)
Nedum Onuoha ( QPR)
Carl ikeme ( wolverhampton wanders)
Sone aluko ( hull city)
Victor anichebe ( everton)
James okousa ( chippa united, SA)
Gege soriola ( Ajax cape town, SA)
James obada ( mertisbrug united, SA)
Peter suswan ( vitoral setubal, Portugal)
Railwan Hassan ( mejiland fc, Denmark)
King osanga ( shoux fc, France)
Odion igahlo ( grenada fc)
Akin ojo( rangers international of Enugu)
Chimezie mbeh ( warri wolves)
Chimobi chukwu ( rangers international)
Shirif isa ( Kano pillars)
Gbenga orukoyo ( Sweden)
I bet my as s,a lot of d local players are better dan dis ur Peter Suswan,king Osanga,James Obada etc.If Keshi had kpt d mentality above,we wud now b lamenting.What won d trophy for us was a committed team spirit,just like in US 94 team.
D guy dat sed dat Lukman is better dan Mba,u shd go back& watch d matches well;apart frm scoring goals,Mba was a workaholic in d midfield& his ball controls were exceptional.Haruna cudnt control d ball& string 2 passes together @d world cup;unless its a different Haruna u are talkin about.
Bring in Nsofor,Martins,den another left full back& we are gud.D central defensive pair of Omeruo& oboabana are unbelievable,give dem more competitive games together& we wud av another Ikechukwu Uche/Chidi Nwanu dream central pairing

1 Like

Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by honeric01(m): 3:15pm On Feb 18, 2013
El Guapo:

Good for U -- Another Clue, he plays in the Right wing of the team's attack wink

stop dreaming, sidney sam just like denis aogo cant and wont play for Nigeria, they've both turned down Nigeria before and they're in no way related to Nigeria except their names and one of their parents. They don't even speak english nor their nigerian language. Never been to Nigeria either.
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Feb 18, 2013
Bash92: Sidney sam,anichebe,haruna lukman nd joel obi. And i wil also pick taye taiwo over echiejile anyday anywhere.
yes! Dat will be when u becm a nigerian coach.
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by Adufaye(m): 3:19pm On Feb 18, 2013
i tink joel obi,Haruna,Ameobi,Martins,Chucks Aneke,syndey Sam,Rabiu Ibrahim,Adeleye,peter utaka,Ajiboye dats ma oppinion sha

Abeg oh,wat hapun 2 Chrisantus.....golden boot n silver ball player in fifa youth cup 2007
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Feb 18, 2013
modextus: abeg what about that cristiantus guy that played for the under 17 that won the world cup? Where is he?!
you re there, Naija don forget dat guy. Wat a fantastic player.
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Feb 18, 2013
Keshi should go for Mike Eneramo the next big thing. he is in a class of his own just like Yekini. the Big Boss should as a matter of urgency also beam his searchlight more on the Nigerian Premier League(NPL). mark my words, trust me you will find Kanus, Okochas, Olises, Siasias there
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by Najyin(m): 3:24pm On Feb 18, 2013
Onoru1: Despite that Nigeria won the Nation Cup, We do not have Play maker, And we have a good young play maker wasting IBRAHIM RABIU

We really need him and that of Kalu Uche.
You actually stole it from my mouth. That is the only thing lacking in that team. Playmaker ! Rabiu Ibrahim is the known solution to that.
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by emmabest2000(m): 3:31pm On Feb 18, 2013
onatisi: osaze he is needed to convert the numerous chances been created by the team ,and also to partner eminike in the attack
Osaze is a good player but if Keshi add him in his team he will pay keshi back the pains he went through during the nations cup
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by emmabest2000(m): 3:40pm On Feb 18, 2013
Olalekan 0: Obafemi Martins is one player who has played for the champions of Italy,Germany,Russia,Newcastle of England and has scored an avalance of goals for all these clubs and the nigerian national team in addition to the fact that he's never had any run-ins with any of eagles' handlers. I wonder why he gets ignored by recent national team coaches,is it because he's a gentleman,respectful,belongs to no clique and has no clout?
I gettam before no be property my bros obagoal will not give Nigeria team anything right now
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by chiswaggs: 3:57pm On Feb 18, 2013
Tzeemz I've not seen anybody mention Bright Dike.
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by Nobody: 4:05pm On Feb 18, 2013
Taliban: Large1 I agree with you 100% about Joel Obi, I think he should also feature in Keshi's plan. Not sure about Taye Taiwo's current form. And yes if Sidney Sam finally agrees to play for Naija, yeah he should be invited too at least to allow for more competition for shirts in the team.
taiye taiwo get team?
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by Nobody: 4:06pm On Feb 18, 2013
i like osaze die but emmmm,dat guy na bad influence for team,see the bs he is doing at west brom and the bs he pulled with naija,tells u what sort of person he is
we no wan mafia for eagles again abeg
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by owoadeakin: 4:11pm On Feb 18, 2013
yakubu
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by namdo(m): 4:12pm On Feb 18, 2013
naijaspeak:

You are wrong. Osaze is one of Nigerian greatest footballer of our time. Forget about the fact that he is outspoken. He is the kind that always want to speak is heart out whenever there is injustice in the national team. This is one of the character of a modern footballer. even in foreign club such as manchester united, chelsea, stoke, newcastle united etc players speak out their feeling when they see wrong going on. So Osaze behaviour should not be seen as strange. forget about the fact that he fell out with Shaibu Amodu, Samson Siasia, and more lately Stephen Keshi.

To me, Keshi as not been truely tested, and I know in the coming competition we will know how truly competent he is. Remember he was a failure in Mali and Togo as a national coach.
I rest my case, bye
ok keep testing. His team won afcon2013. I just wish he is allowed to continue building the team. Na oyibo you want?
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by dulphines: 4:19pm On Feb 18, 2013
gen2briz: I suggest me myself
Your full name is required for us to consider.
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by NIGHTFOX: 4:28pm On Feb 18, 2013
outrage: [size=14pt]sani kaita
Yakubu[/size]
nw dis is a joke ryt?
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by donphilopus: 4:42pm On Feb 18, 2013
12large1: Haruna lukman. Sunday MBA can pop up and score goals but he has so far put up a ghost performance he should be a back up for haruna

Sidney sam. Hands down will walk into our starting 11

Joel obi. Onazi is a good player but Joel is a better version of onazi

Sone aluko. Another good player will add depth to bench

Leon balogun. A great rightback still confused about Ambrose if he can perform like he did at nc then no but if not Leon balogun. Over our best 11 should be

Enyeama

Ambrose
Egueke
Oboabona
Echijile

Mikel
Joel
Haruna

Sidney sam
Emmanuel emenike
Victor Moses

This team is as good as eagles of 1994 take it to the bank even our second 11 is strong

Ejide

Balogun
Omeruo
Yobo
Taiwo

Onazi
Ogude
MBA/Nosa

Aluko
Ideye
Musa
12large1: Haruna lukman. Sunday MBA can pop up and score goals but he has so far put up a ghost performance he should be a back up for haruna

Leon balogun. A great rightback still confused about Ambrose if he can perform like he did at nc then no but if not Leon balogun. Over our best 11 should be

Enyeama

Ambrose
Egueke
Oboabona
Echijile

Mikel
Joel
Haruna

Sidney sam
Emmanuel emenike
Victor Moses

This team is as good as eagles of 1994 take it to the bank even our second 11 is strong

Ejide

Balogun
Omeruo
Yobo
Taiwo

Onazi
Ogude
MBA/Nosa

Aluko
Ideye
Musa

Enyeama

Ambrose
Egueke
Oboabona
Echijile

Mikel
Joel
Haruna

Sidney sam
Emmanuel emenike
Victor Moses

Ejide

Balogun
Omeruo
Yobo
Taiwo

Onazi
Ogude
MBA/Nosa

Aluko
Ideye
Musa
how Taiye Taiwo go be 2nd team while Echeijele 1st? That's wrong guy
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by nonesense: 4:43pm On Feb 18, 2013
striker Yinka Ayefele grin grin

1 Like

Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by donphilopus: 4:46pm On Feb 18, 2013
Taiye Taiwo to boost our defence
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by kjhova(m): 4:54pm On Feb 18, 2013
naijaspeak:

To me, Keshi as not been truely tested, and I know in the coming competition we will know how truly competent he is. Remember he was a failure in Mali and Togo as a national coach.

I rest my case, bye

How can a man that qualified Togo for a FIFA WC be said to have failed in Togo? Is this a joke or what? What generation of Togolese has ever watched a FIFA WC live before, never mind watching their team playing in one
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by Nobody: 4:56pm On Feb 18, 2013
naijaspeak:

You are wrong. Osaze is one of Nigerian greatest footballer of our time. Forget about the fact that he is outspoken. He is the kind that always want to speak is heart out whenever there is injustice in the national team. This is one of the character of a modern footballer. even in foreign club such as manchester united, chelsea, stoke, newcastle united etc players speak out their feeling when they see wrong going on. So Osaze behaviour should not be seen as strange. forget about the fact that he fell out with Shaibu Amodu, Samson Siasia, and more lately Stephen Keshi.

I rest my case, bye

If Osaze is only outspoken but does not behave like a 'crack head' sometimes, 99.9% of Nigerians would vouch for him to be in the team.

Dude will always have 1million and 1 mad rants on twitter whenever Nigeria crashes out of the world cup 2010, whenever he gets exempted from the nations cup 2013, and whenever he has a slight snag with his own employers? grin

On a bad game day, you dare not bench him like Yobo was benched without having to deal with approximately 4 sulky days of Tantrums, accusations and division in the camp.

He even hinted to Keshi that he wanted to be the captain of this team. . .

I would want to avoid the stress for Keshi or any other Coach of the super eagles.

They say the older you grow the wiser you should become.

He his now too old to be asking for a coach capable of TAMING him and we won't miss him in the team with all these truck loads of agile strikers around.

We need people that would work for the team and anyone that is likely to MESS with the head of this YOUNG NEW TEAM must be CUT OUT!

Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by donphilopus: 4:58pm On Feb 18, 2013
Onaivi Shafe former player in sunshine and lobi stars the great striker greater than Ideye... Thanks
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by gbrown(m): 4:59pm On Feb 18, 2013

Enyeama

Ambrose
Egueke
Oboabona
Echijile

Mikel
Joel
Haruna

Sidney sam
Emmanuel emenike
Victor Moses

Ejide

Balogun
Omeruo
Yobo
Taiwo

Onazi
Ogude
MBA/Nosa

Aluko
Ideye
Musa
bros are u for real? How can u mention yobo?pls get real.
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by GENTLETEE(m): 5:10pm On Feb 18, 2013
Osaze, Martins, Bright Dike, and discover more from the local league say about five.
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by kjhova(m): 5:20pm On Feb 18, 2013
honeric01:

stop dreaming, sidney sam just like denis aogo cant and wont play for Nigeria, they've both turned down Nigeria before and they're in no way related to Nigeria except their names and one of their parents. They don't even speak english nor their nigerian language. Never been to Nigeria either.

Dude, it beats me hollow how so many of us demand for these players despite that they have severally turned us down! Sydney Sam, Agbonlahor, Aogo, Ameobi etc don't really feel Nigerian nor are they interested in playing for Nigeria.
Keshi has done well by concentrating on the guys that really want to do the job.
Siasia did use some home based blokes back in his time too though many of them are now abroad. The likes of Ehiosun, Gege and Okonkwo could still develop with the current squad.
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by honeric01(m): 5:20pm On Feb 18, 2013
GENTLETEE: Osaze, Martins, Bright Dike, and discover more from the local league say about five.

And who are these going to replace?
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by 12large1: 5:25pm On Feb 18, 2013
Sidney sam said last year in october he wanna play for Nigeria so I don't know what you talking about.
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by honeric01(m): 5:30pm On Feb 18, 2013
12large1: Sidney sam said last year in october he wanna play for Nigeria so I don't know what you talking about.

Where? quote him abeg and stop spreading rumors. NFF tried contacting him last year, he called their bluff.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nicklas Bendtner Sentenced To 50-Day Jailterm / Sarri Gives Loftus-cheek A Lifeline Ahead Of Bournemouth Clash / NFF Unveils Sunday Oliseh As Super Eagles Coach (First Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.