Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:47 AM

Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? (18173 Views)

List Of Super Eagles Squad for Egypt Game / Emenike Rejects Invitation Back To The Super Eagles Squad / Current Super Eagles Squad And Tribal Selection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by sol2galay: 8:17pm On Feb 18, 2013
naijaspeak:

You are wrong. Osaze is one of Nigerian greatest footballer of our time. Forget about the fact that he is outspoken. He is the kind that always want to speak is heart out whenever there is injustice in the national team. This is one of the character of a modern footballer. even in foreign club such as manchester united, chelsea, stoke, newcastle united etc players speak out their feeling when they see wrong going on. So Osaze behaviour should not be seen as strange. forget about the fact that he fell out with Shaibu Amodu, Samson Siasia, and more lately Stephen Keshi.

To me, Keshi as not been truely tested, and I know in the coming competition we will know how truly competent he is. Remember he was a failure in Mali and Togo as a national coach.

I rest my case, bye

I'm always suprise the way you ppl rate osaze,this guy is just lucky to find his way in super eagle..,he might be a club material but for the super eagle i disagree,it ve been about 10yrs he stared for the eagles and he cant count more than 15 goals as a striker.from the day he scored 2 goals against south africa in afcon 2002 i told guys that he is just lucky to score those goals ppl said i just hate him. the main reason why we did not qualify for 2012 afcon was bcause of him,cos siasia want to please nigerians by featuring him in that match and he succeeded in wasting all the begging chances.To be sincere with u,only me and siasia knows he is not good as rated.
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Feb 18, 2013
honeric01:

Sorry, you said Ozil learnt German and that Alaba plays for German, should i bring that up too? i simply did my own research to know Ozil was born in Germany and that Alaba plays for Austria. you can also do the research yourself to know if Boateng's been to Ghana before and also if Sam once ignored the NFF. that's left to you.

You also didn't cite anything or did you? so stop wasting your time waiting for citation when internet is there for you.

LmaO grin

This is the funniest allegation i'd herald in 21st Century! grin

Jxt Minutes of arguements and u're putting up Cynical claims! Pls Ogbeni, quote where I said Ozil learnt German and Alaba plays for Germany ni.

Chap of my Calibre that have got Players database up in my grasp to say Alaba plays for Germany? Quite serious - Bro Do u have problems with Logics? Cos i was actually using One on U that had u stumbling off ya Premise to think am saying something Else
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by honeric01(m): 8:50pm On Feb 18, 2013
El Guapo:

LmaO grin

This is the funniest allegation i'd herald in 21st Century! grin

Jxt Minutes of arguements and u're putting up Cynical claims! Pls Ogbeni, quote where I said Ozil learnt German and Alaba plays for Germany ni.

Chap of my Calibre that have got Players database up in my grasp to say Alaba plays for Germany? Quite serious - Bro Do u have problems with Logics? Cos i was actually using One on U that had u stumbling off ya Premise to think am saying something Else

El Guapo:

Well, tel me that Prince Boateng have been to Kumasi before playing for Ghana Or t[b]hat Alaba can Speak Polish/Austria before Playing for Austria Or Ozil had a German name before Playing for Germany.[/b]

Keshi has Spoken with Sydney am Sure, and made known to him the Plans he's got for Nigeria which he [Sam] is an Integral part of, the Kid has got till Season end to Say 'Yes' which i know he would.

Man, Nigeria are tryna even help Sydney, he knows too well that he's got no bizness with the Germans, unless Gotze, Reus, Schurrle, Podolski, Ozil, Muller and Many More are Killed Overnite!

I wanted to type "Alaba and not Ozil", the learning of Language part.
He was born there so he doesn't have to learn German, he SPEAKS German.

BTW, is there a language like polish or Austria? grin grin grin grin
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by kjhova(m): 8:55pm On Feb 18, 2013
marshaldollz: Seems u guyz have forgotten about David Alaba who plays for Bayern Munich,EVERY CHELSEA fan could still remember the threat he posed to the team at the finals,to me I think Sydney Sam or David Alaba,I saw what David Alaba posted on tweeter congratulating Nigeria,dis is to tell u,he wants some action in the national team.David Alaba or Sam Sydney

Dude please!!! Alaba is an Austrian international!! Don't tell me you don't know!!
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Feb 18, 2013
NNAMDI ODUAMADI.

THAT GUY IS AN ABSOLUTE BEAST ON THE FIELD. EXTREMELY SKILLFUL.

I'M STILL SHOCKED HE WASN'T IN KESHI'S SQUAD.
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by rapmike(m): 9:05pm On Feb 18, 2013
12large1: Haruna lukman. Sunday MBA can pop up and score goals but he has so far put up a ghost performance he should be a back up for haruna

Sidney sam. Hands down will walk into our starting 11

Joel obi. Onazi is a good player but Joel is a better version of onazi

Sone aluko. Another good player will add depth to bench

Leon balogun. A great rightback still confused about Ambrose if he can perform like he did at nc then no but if not Leon balogun. Over our best 11 should be

Enyeama

Ambrose
Egueke
Oboabona
Echijile

Mikel
Joel
Haruna

Sidney sam
Emmanuel emenike
Victor Moses

This team is as good as eagles of 1994 take it to the bank even our second 11 is strong

Ejide

Balogun
Omeruo
Yobo
Taiwo

Onazi
Ogude
MBA/Nosa

Aluko
Ideye
Musa
i no accept haruna in this line up.. abeg that will be the greatest mistake we will ever make. that gum chewing guy, that i heard( rumours though) fought some of his teammates in Monaco Fc. who even knows his whereabouts
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Feb 18, 2013
honeric01: I wanted to type "Alaba and not Ozil", the learning of Language part.
He was born there so he doesn't have to learn German, he SPEAKS German.

BTW, is there a language like polish or Austria? grin grin grin grin

U Seem to have forgotten the Premise u were Launching from.

U mentioned that Sam doesn't speak English, haven't visited Nigeria and doesn't have a Convincable Nigerian trace so there's No Way he would play for Us...that led me into asking U if Boateng Has steadily visited Ghana before Playing for them Or Ozil bears a German Name to Play for Germany and If Alaba Speaks two Languages i felt Austria Speaks [Austria Or Polish] to Play for them - Read tru the Lines next time.

To your Question, YES! There's something like Polish Language, its Western Slavic and Spoken by Lithuana, Belarus, Some part in Austria Etc.

Wasn't sure about anything Like 'Austria' Language, typied that up in the heat of the arguement but i was made to Understand that Austro-Bavarian connotes German - The Only area u're right tonite
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by honeric01(m): 9:59pm On Feb 18, 2013
El Guapo:

U Seem to have forgotten the Premise u were Launching from.

U mentioned that Sam doesn't speak English, haven't visited Nigeria and doesn't have a Convincable Nigerian trace so there's No Way he would play for Us...that led me into asking U if Boateng Has steadily visited Ghana before Playing for them Or Ozil bears a German Name to Play for Germany and If Alaba Speaks two Languages i felt Austria Speaks [Austria Or Polish] to Play for them - Read tru the Lines next time.

To your Question, YES! There's something like Polish Language, its Western Slavic and Spoken by Lithuana, Belarus, Some part in Austria Etc.

Wasn't sure about anything Like 'Austria' Language, typied that up in the heat of the arguement but i was made to Understand that Austro-Bavarian connotes German - The Only area u're right tonite

LOL, you are tying down yourself the more. but it's too late going into fruitless arguments. what concerns bearing or not bearing German name before being able to play for a country?

I said Sam is closer to Germany than Nigeria, never been to Nigeria, doesn't speak any of our languages nor english, played for Germany U-21 before and also turned down Nigeria before until of recent.

You brought up the comparison stuffs. BTW, nothing like Austria language, i am not here to prove myself right or wrong so let's just cut it.

Now that he's shown interest in playing for us, if Keshi wants him, let Keshi go for him.

Night.
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by semid4lyfe(m): 10:11pm On Feb 18, 2013
Players I wanna see Keshi give a chance in our next few matches.

John Chibuike - I'm surprised no one is talking about this dude. Naturally left footed but also v.good with his right (unlike most left-footed players), fast, very skillful & tricky (like Luis Suarez), can play as a winger, as a 10 and as support striker. Keshi needs to give this guy a look-in.

Sidney Sam - indicated interest to play for Nigeria a month to the Nations Cup but he was left out cos his FIFA clearance couldn't be gotten in time. I hope NFF will follow thru with the clearance and Keshi's goal of unveiling him against Kenya in our WC Qualifier in March materializes cos he'll be a massive asset & addition to the team, maybe even more than Victor Moses.

Unlike moses, he's left-footed but equally good and is also a "driver". Imagine having two Victor Moses in the Super Eagles, oh la la, I no fit shout cool kiss

Bright Dike - I liked what I saw of him in the few games he played for Eagles. Workaholic, got speed, holds the ball well, excellent aerial ability, and can score goals. I wanna see more of him.

Nnamdi Oduamadi - A better & more sensible option on the wings than Ahmed Musa IMO. I wonder why Keshi didn't consider him for the AFCON despite using him in the Peru game in which he was one of our best performers.

Joel Obi - Now a regular for Inter-Milan and we all know his quality as he's donned the Green-White-Green a few times. Bar injury, I'm quite sure he would have been a contender for a place in the AFCON 2013 final team.

Gege Soriola - a solid and no-nonsene central defender. Like the Defensive partnership of Oboabona and Omeruo but I'm not comfortable with their replacements on the bench - Yobo and Egwueke. Gege Soriola is better than both of them and inspires more confidence.

Leon Balogun - A Germany-based defender with dual eligibility to play for Nigeria or Germany. He's already expressed interest to play for Nigeria in the past and it shouldn't be difficult to get him to commit to Nigeria since his chance of playing for Germany is almost ZERO.

Good thing is he's never played for Germany at any level so once he's capped by Nigeria, that's it.

He's young (will serve us for many years), quite tall (over 6-feet), got good physique and can play as a Central defender or right-back. Would be an asset to the team IMO.

Nedum Onuoha - If you try and you fail, try again. Nedum has categorically said he doesn't wanna play for Nigeria but he's in the twilight of his career so he just might have a change of heart particularly with the prospect of playing at the World Cup and the success achieved by the Super Eagles.

He's a good, versatile & v.fast defender who can play any position in the back four so he'll be a good addition to the team.

Keshi/NFF should talk to him one more time.

Ekigho Ehiosun - Never really hit it off with the Eagles under Siasia but he's a quality player. Wanna see Keshi recall him for our World Cup qualifiers.

Players that need to be dropped from current team:

1. Juwon Oshaniwon - The guy wan give me heart attack with the few minutes he played against Burkina Faso in the AFCON final. He was never impressive during the qualifiers and pre-AFCON friendlies too.

2. Ejike Uzoenyi - Showed flashes of brilliance during the qualifiers but he lacks pace, can't dribble and has been pathetic in the last few games he's played for the Eagles.

It's been long I saw a player come in as a substitute and be removed later in the game but it happened with Uzoenyi against Venezuela. He was that bad! Hell, even when we were coasting 4-0 against Mali and he came in as a sub, he couldn't even hold the ball.

I've now come to the conclusion he's simply not good enough.

3. Fengor Ogude - Not sure we need him with Onazi and Gabriel Rueben in the team so he'll have to go. I doubt the Nigerianess of the guy, he must be a Camerounian grin

4. Joseph Yobo - Thanks for the years of meritorious service but it's time to draw the curtain.

3 Likes

Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by Ninilowo(m): 10:13pm On Feb 18, 2013
Onoru1: Despite that Nigeria won the Nation Cup, We do not have Play maker, And we have a good young play maker wasting IBRAHIM RABIU

We really need him and that of Kalu Uche.
The boy needs to appease some what I dont know cos I see no reason why he is always overlooked by gaffers. He shouls be next Okocha we ar looking for.
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Feb 18, 2013
honeric01:

LOL, you are tying down yourself the more. but it's too late going into fruitless arguments. what concerns bearing or not bearing German name before being able to play for a country?

I said Sam is closer to Germany than Nigeria, never been to Nigeria, doesn't speak any of our languages nor english, played for Germany U-21 before and also turned down Nigeria before until of recent.

You brought up the comparison stuffs. BTW, nothing like Austria language, i am not here to prove myself right or wrong so let's just cut it.

Now that he's shown interest in playing for us, if Keshi wants him, let Keshi go for him.

Night.

U would have said that all the While and saved me some Megabytes
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by Ninilowo(m): 10:15pm On Feb 18, 2013
sol2galay:

Osaze has never been a chance converter instead he is a waster of begging scoring chances...,he is just being over rated because he is a fine boy.
Lo ba tan.
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by Ninilowo(m): 10:17pm On Feb 18, 2013
Chanchit: Joel Obi, Oduamadi, and someone to support Emenike upfront, Ideye too dey loose goal n Ikechukwu is confused. We have good 5 n 6 already, but we need to look for 2 n 3 should incase.

N if possible Enyeama should also follow Yobo xcuse us, so that Akpeyi guy would also have the chance to take over abeg them no dey catch goal, na wetin keeper see e go catch, make Akpeyi too answer hin papa name.
It is only goal keepers that get better with age so Akpeyi coukd not bench Enyeama for now.
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Feb 18, 2013
Haruna Lukman needs to be added to our midfield. Sunday Mba scores a few goals and so can Haruna . . but while Haruna can actually play I dont think Sunda Mba is that technically sound as a Midfielder
In the Midfield it will be interesting to see how the trio of Mikel, Onazi and Lukman haruna works

In defence, Efe Ambrose is a natural central defender and we should consider pairing him with Omeruo and then look for a natural right back who can defend and yet cross good balls into the box when they in opposition half, otherwise the current set up can continue as Efe Ambrose is not doing a bad job at Right back

In attack I think the experience and services of Chinedu Ogbuke is required. Osaze is already old and seems a bad influence in dressing room.
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by j4jj: 11:21pm On Feb 18, 2013
Has anyone watched Onyeama of Celtic a strong defensive midfielder

Who plays with Efe ambrose
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by ojdollars(m): 11:34pm On Feb 18, 2013
This Video is that Of A Goal Sidney Sam of Bayern Liverkusen scored: http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=PNc8uW8Pp6I&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DPNc8uW8Pp6I
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by kolexy(m): 12:06am On Feb 19, 2013
Please where is Azeez Ramon?
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by Komedy(m): 12:12am On Feb 19, 2013
Chanchit: Joel Obi, Oduamadi, and someone to support Emenike upfront, Ideye too dey loose goal n Ikechukwu is confused. We have good 5 n 6 already, but we need to look for 2 n 3 should incase.

N if possible Enyeama should also follow Yobo xcuse us, so that Akpeyi guy would also have the chance to take over abeg them no dey catch goal, na wetin keeper see e go catch, make Akpeyi too answer hin papa name.
enyeama shud go? Really?.wooow
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by Komedy(m): 12:15am On Feb 19, 2013
12large1: Sidney sam from what I'm hearing is as good if not better than moses
where yu dey hear from?
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by Komedy(m): 12:30am On Feb 19, 2013
floriana:
Aluko is currently the best yoruba player. He should be in the team so as not to violate the federal character provision of our constitution. Keshi could end up in jail for breach of the constitution.
k
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by chucky234(m): 12:31am On Feb 19, 2013
sol2galay:

Osaze has never been a chance converter instead he is a waster of begging scoring chances...,he is just being over rated because he is a fine boy.
Osaze a chance waster abi na waster of chances you say,seem you started watching Osaze yesterday to have labeled him "overrated".
Guy take time before I use koboko sama that your flat nyash ooo
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by ezehr(m): 2:39am On Feb 19, 2013
JOEL OBI, DROP OGUDE, NOSA.
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by Chuksgeo: 2:42am On Feb 19, 2013
the likes of osaze peter, chinedu ogbuike, obafemi martins are highly needed in that team
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by Reference(m): 3:13am On Feb 19, 2013
Abraham2013: I think the following players will add much needed competition to the team dat won d last AFCON:
lukeman haruna (dynamo Kiev)
Sidney Sam (bayer Leverkusen)
Joel Obi (inter Milan)
John Chibuike (Rosenberg, Sweden)
Daniel adejo ( Regina, Italy)
Nedum Onuoha ( QPR)
Carl ikeme ( wolverhampton wanders)
Sone aluko ( hull city)
Victor anichebe ( everton)
James okousa ( chippa united, SA)
Gege soriola ( Ajax cape town, SA)
James obada ( mertisbrug united, SA)
Peter suswan ( vitoral setubal, Portugal)
Railwan Hassan ( mejiland fc, Denmark)
King osanga ( shoux fc, France)
Odion igahlo ( grenada fc)
Akin ojo( rangers international of Enugu)
Chimezie mbeh ( warri wolves)
Chimobi chukwu ( rangers international)
Shirif isa ( Kano pillars)
Gbenga orukoyo ( Sweden)

This one na lost tribe of Israel complete with king. Nna you try oh.
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by remzytimer: 3:22am On Feb 19, 2013
onatisi: osaze he is needed to convert the numerous chances been created by the team ,and also to partner eminike in the attack
Osaze is a good plus!
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by rapmike(m): 5:20am On Feb 19, 2013
Reference:

This one na lost tribe of Israel complete with king. Nna you try oh.
abeg all this Haruna, Soriola etc etc una dey call na distractions and scatterers. i dont especially support haruna lukman, he looks like anoda osaze in the making, others fit get chance sha, though onouha should not be called, that is just excess baggage....
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by kachi007(m): 9:07am On Feb 19, 2013
Plz I just want a play maker in dat midfield... Just get me RABIU IBRAHIM
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 19, 2013
Reference,.made a great compilation of those we need,..these boyS are boy that are still to be unveiled,.we dont need those big names,,,We dont need OSAZE,,,mikel and Moses are Very ok for thier Positions and Experience,Talking about players to invite in this National Team,,i think The Under 20 boys should be recognized and called up,
You guys will tell me u did not recognize OMERUO role in the center back ,inshort he was our savior in that back defence,.Pls lets BE optimistic,Think front and back before replying.....

This Under 20 boys got some goodluck for Nigerians,believe it or not ,they are what Nigerians need,EMMANUEL OF UNDER 20 AND ANOTHER FRONT MAN THAT PLAY FOR MAN CITY OR SO ,WE NEED THOSE BOYS LIKE ANYTHING,FORGET ALL THOSE PAPA,,WE HAVE ENOUGH TO GINGER THE YOUNGS IN THE TEAM.
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by kannymoore(m): 10:44am On Feb 19, 2013
12large1: Kennymore I still stand by my comment that obi plays very limited at Chelsea no matter what we still need him to score a goal, it was our coaches that kept on playing him as a main playmaker that makes us not see his value. Obi is a central midfilder 2 way not a limited holding md

bros...
Mikel does what he does @ Chelsea cos he plays to the coaches instructions and doesnt over elaborate on simple tasks. Its the main reason for his longetivity in chelsea's colors.
As for Mikel being the playmaker in Super Eagles...of course he is! However, he plays a more deep-playing role like a Pirlo/Alonzo and not the Xavi/Iniesta/Ozil prototype.
Its also part of the reason why he racked up so many completed passes/assists in the tournament.

Mikel rules jor! wink

1 Like

Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by kelvostika(m): 12:14pm On Feb 19, 2013
I think we need Adeleye to take yobo position.
Then we need Joel obi, Haruna Lukman, Kalu Uche.
Obafemi Martins.
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by ayusco: 1:08pm On Feb 19, 2013
Guys who can bolster our squad apam Joel obi anichebe oduamadi ogbuke sidney sam martins plus any up coming u17 u20 player and gifted home based player.

Guys who should not be seen anywhere near the camp osaze ameobi(cos of the way he dumped naija for his club) oshaniwa uzoenyi lukman haruna
Re: Who Should Replace Who In This Current Super Eagles Squad To Become Stronger? by honeric01(m): 1:26pm On Feb 19, 2013
kelvostika: I think we need Adeleye to take yobo position.
Then we need Joel obi, Haruna Lukman, Kalu Uche.
Obafemi Martins.

Who exactly are these people going to replace?

Adeleye for Yobo (precise)

Joel Obi for who?
Haruna Lukman for who?
Kale Uche for who?

Maybe the thread should have been " who should replace who in this current super eagles squad"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Happy Birthday Cristiano Ronaldo - 37 ‘factos’ About The Portuguese Star / Sarri Gives Loftus-cheek A Lifeline Ahead Of Bournemouth Clash / Nicklas Bendtner Sentenced To 50-Day Jailterm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.