Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,026 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:14 AM

My Boss Spends Twice My Salary On Dog Food - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Boss Spends Twice My Salary On Dog Food (14877 Views)

Owerri Dog Walk, Powered By Binggo Dog Food - 28th September / 7 Animal Selfies That Will Make You Think Twice / Elephant Spends 11 Hours Trying To Pull Her Baby From A Muddy Well (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Boss Spends Twice My Salary On Dog Food by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 17, 2013
At first it was very funny when someone shared this story with me but then I felt so much pity for the cook who once served the son of a very powerful Kwara state politician who is now late.
I heard on good authority that the politicians son who also once contested for a top political office but lost employed a cook with a monthly take home of #25,000 but gave the same cook #45,000 to feed his beloved dog for a period on one month during which he went on a business trip.
On his arrival from the one month trip, he noticed the dog has been poorly fed during the period he was away and demanded his cook to make an explanation for the sudden loss of weight his dog suffered. To cut the long story short, the cook got fired on allegations of embezzling the dogs feeding allowance.

#truestory.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Boss Spends Twice My Salary On Dog Food by portacabin: 9:18pm On Feb 17, 2013
The cook should have turned himself to a dog.
Dogs in Shell Petroleum were fed with N5000 daily in the 90s

1 Like

Re: My Boss Spends Twice My Salary On Dog Food by Nobody: 9:53pm On Feb 17, 2013
portacabin: The cook should have turned himself to a dog.
Dogs in Shell Petroleum were fed with N5000 daily in the 90s
I think it's a shame when some people find it difficult to feed on a 3 square meal daily.
Why do most rich people lack compassion to engage in charitable causes.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Spends Twice My Salary On Dog Food by Rapmaestro(m): 10:10pm On Feb 17, 2013
Dis Space is not for sale
Re: My Boss Spends Twice My Salary On Dog Food by Nobody: 10:11pm On Feb 17, 2013
Here we go again undecided
$288 for dog food / month ( considering the high cost in Nigeria is not that much) ... Blue ( the best) costs $70 per bag , fast grubber will finish a whole bag in less than 2 weeks, multiply by 2 , gbam
http://m.petsmart.com/mt/www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2750075&setLocale=en-CA&f=PAD%2FpsNotAvailInCA%2FNo

I think my views are way too different from most NL folks .. wow ...it's just simple, if you can't afford a pet , staaaay away.

4 Likes

Re: My Boss Spends Twice My Salary On Dog Food by Nobody: 10:30pm On Feb 17, 2013
jidegirl12: Here we go again undecided
$288 for dog food / month ( considering the high cost in Nigeria is not that much) ... Blue ( the best) costs $70 per bag , fast grubber will finish a whole bag in less than 2 weeks, multiply by 2 , gbam
http://m.petsmart.com/mt/www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2750075&setLocale=en-CA&f=PAD%2FpsNotAvailInCA%2FNo

I think my views are way too different from most NL folks .. wow ...it's just simple, if you can't afford a pet , staaaay away.
You fail to see the human angle to this story. No one cares about how much you spend on your pets but how much do you care about the hungry and unemployed man on your street?
That's the moral of this story and the objective of this thread.

32 Likes

Re: My Boss Spends Twice My Salary On Dog Food by Rapmaestro(m): 10:35pm On Feb 17, 2013
Truth b told,sum ediotz can take care of petz unlike their neiqhbour.. I love pets,but i haven't qotten one now cos it always occur to me that,i can't spend money on them o.. So it's beta i leave d idea of keepinq pets than keepinq 2 kill dem of hunqer

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Spends Twice My Salary On Dog Food by Nobody: 11:01pm On Feb 17, 2013
Brand_new:
You fail to see the human angle to this story. No one cares about how much you spend on your pets but how much do you care about the hungry and unemployed man on your street?
That's the moral of this story and the objective of this thread.

This ain't bout me, your boss is not obliged to feed the poor / hungry on the streets to justify his humanity/ morality.
Why should an average rich apologize for his wealth?
Well I understand the objective of this thread but do you think bashing the rich will make any difference to Nigeria's current situation ? When your leaders in Abuja waste money on daily basis like no tomorrow?

19 Likes

Re: My Boss Spends Twice My Salary On Dog Food by Nobody: 11:08pm On Feb 17, 2013
I'm not bashing tHe rich, neither am I holding anyone responsible for the misfortunes of the poor. Of a fact, I am very comfortable myself and also keep a few pets I love (maybe not as expensive as dogs, they are birds) I am using this thread to appeal to people's consciousness to charitable causes. I also engage in such in my own little way.
Please try to understand my standpoint on this real life scenario.
Re: My Boss Spends Twice My Salary On Dog Food by Nobody: 11:22pm On Feb 17, 2013
Brand_new: [b]I'm not bashing tHe rich, neither am I holding anyone responsible for the misfortunes of the poor. [/b]Of a fact, I am very comfortable myself and also keep a few pets I love (maybe not as expensive as dogs, they are birds) I am using this thread to appeal to people's consciousness to charitable causes. I also engage in such in my own little way.
Please try to understand my standpoint on this real life scenario.

^^^Looks like it to me until now ... cheesy cheesy cheesy lol @birds .... that's what you can afford, and good for you for giving,
I heard Fashola just shared over 45M( N/$) to the whole super eagles crew that most of them ( players) makes in their clubs, are they included too? Just token N45k you're crucifying the poor guy .brandnew!! I'm disappointed in you. cheesy cheesy
Re: My Boss Spends Twice My Salary On Dog Food by Nobody: 11:49pm On Feb 17, 2013
Compare that to a Meagre 20k the cook earned as Salary. Shouldn't he have compassion for the cook based of the fact that he has family and dependants too.
That's the whole crux of this matter.
I encouraged my bro to get a puppy and the first time I visited, I was amused at the fact that this puppy drinks milk everyday coupled with KFC leftovers, while I am convinced only a few Nigerian can afford such meals.
So A bit of my conscience tells me there's something not right about that. Even the birds I mentioned might be feeding more than an average broke and jobless person in my neighbourhood. I like dogs too but haven't gotten the kind of breed I admire.

Let me just spare all the details and point to the fact that we as a collective society need to care more about surbodinates and the less previleged in any position we find ourselves.

Fashola's case is just like a successful man having lots of friends and well wishers who'd like to identify with him. Keshi and his team were successful and brought our nations pride and dignity. I strongly believe they deserve a reward for that.

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Spends Twice My Salary On Dog Food by coogar: 12:21am On Feb 18, 2013
Brand_new: At first it was very funny when someone shared this story with me but then I felt so much pity for the cook who once served the son of a very powerful Kwara state politician who is now late.
I heard on good authority that the politicians son who also once contested for a top political office but lost employed a cook with a monthly take home of #25,000 but gave the same cook #45,000 to feed his beloved dog for a period on one month during which he went on a business trip.
On his arrival from the one month trip, he noticed the dog has been poorly fed during the period he was away and demanded his cook to make an explanation for the sudden loss of weight his dog suffered. To cut the long story short, the cook got fired on allegations of embezzling the dogs feeding allowance.

#truestory.

pets are expensive to have......
in developed countries, they are like children. in some cases, people spend more caring for pets than they spend on kids. the cook should go back to school and repackage himself so he would not be paid monthly stipends less than the amount spent on pets. dogs are more loyal than humans! i can understand why his boss sacked him.

7 Likes

Re: My Boss Spends Twice My Salary On Dog Food by Nobody: 12:28am On Feb 18, 2013
I agree on the loyalty aspect, especially on dogs. The birds I'm talking about always chase me around for food so no loyalty theregrin.

#BigBirds
Re: My Boss Spends Twice My Salary On Dog Food by coogar: 12:45am On Feb 18, 2013
Brand_new: I agree on the loyalty aspect, especially on dogs. The birds I'm talking about always chase me around for food so no loyalty theregrin.

#BigBirds

even if.....
will he pay his cook way above the market rate? it's like a driver complaining the amount his boss spends monthly on maintaining his SUV is more than his monthly salary. whose fault is that?

11 Likes

Re: My Boss Spends Twice My Salary On Dog Food by Nobody: 7:48am On Feb 18, 2013

5 Likes

Re: My Boss Spends Twice My Salary On Dog Food by Nobody: 8:45am On Feb 18, 2013
That Boss should be lucky that the maid didn't kill that pet.

Maybe it's just me, if I had a pet I cherish so much in Naija, I won't make known how much I spend on the pet to the caretakers knowing fully well the stipends I pay them.

You never know what the human heart can do when life frustrates them..

It's not just paying the maid just like every other maid, you can give her unused items, increase a little of her salary above the market price. Make her/him feel a little love too.

This is Nigeria we are talking about. That's why mostly things like salary intakes are hidden from people in many establishment.

2 Likes

Re: My Boss Spends Twice My Salary On Dog Food by Claus(m): 10:02am On Feb 18, 2013
"The rich man's dog gets more in the way of vaccination, medicine and medical care than the workers upon whom the rich man's wealth is built." Samora Machel

It's unfortunate that most of the people centred leaders that Africa had (Samora Machel, Thomas Sankara etc) died before their time. They had pointed some of these things out decades ago.

In the absence of such leaders, we can follow the posters intentions, with everyone doing what they can for others. For example, if you employ workers, as long as you can afford it, try to pay them a "living wage" which will be more than the minimum wage set by the government.
Re: My Boss Spends Twice My Salary On Dog Food by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 18, 2013
I don't understand what the problem is here . . .
Does he fufill his obligations to you as your boss (i.e pay your wages as at when due)
How does what he does with his own dog affect you undecided

6 Likes

Re: My Boss Spends Twice My Salary On Dog Food by Claus(m): 10:33am On Feb 18, 2013
Let's not look at this story too narrowly, but think of it as a microcosm for the Nigerian society.
Re: My Boss Spends Twice My Salary On Dog Food by Bawss1(m): 10:53am On Feb 18, 2013
Yeah yeah yeah

Is this not another "the rich ought to take care of us" type thread here in disguise?

Some Nigerians and their overblown sense of entitlement.

As long as the cook's wages were paid when due then there is nothing wrong here whatsoever.

4 Likes

Re: My Boss Spends Twice My Salary On Dog Food by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 18, 2013
Some wise people making comments here and I appreciate it.
What the person who witnessed the story concluded it with was that he shouldn't have given him such an amount and pay his salary at the same time.
It was an insult to his human dignity.
My smile wiped out immediately that comment struck and prompted me to share the story here.
Learn if you will....I pray we don't fall victim of domestic staff scheming evil things against their employers. I've heard far too many stories to be insensitive and inhumane.
Re: My Boss Spends Twice My Salary On Dog Food by coogar: 12:14pm On Feb 18, 2013
Claus: Let's not look at this story too narrowly, but think of it as a microcosm for the Nigerian society.

you would be shocked then when you travel abroad and see how white people treat their pets. how many of these folks have willed their money/properties to their pets instead of giving it to the starving african kids.

this woman left $13m for her cat.. http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2011/12/woman-leaves-13m-fortune-to-pet-cat/ and she is not the only one to have done it. a cursory glance at google would show you hundreds of rich people leaving inheritance for their pets. microcosm for the nigerian society? i doubt any nigerian is as crazy as going that far.
Re: My Boss Spends Twice My Salary On Dog Food by ifyalways(f): 12:15pm On Feb 18, 2013
As a mortal,I'll be jealous that a dog spends more than my take home pay in 2weeks.That jealousy is not justified but it will be there.And definitely would spun me to take action which could be negative or positive.
That's me being real here.

On the flip side,the boss does not owe his employee an explanation on how and what to spend his money for.

Was he employed to take care of the dog or to cook for the boss?Feeding the dog was an extra job and the boss could have given him a little something to absorb the shock of this new revelation,at least.

If na me kpa kpa,I go collect money,kill dog chop,fabricate story wait for oga. cheesy

4 Likes

Re: My Boss Spends Twice My Salary On Dog Food by Nobody: 12:23pm On Feb 18, 2013
@Ifyalways you're just too funny.
Re: My Boss Spends Twice My Salary On Dog Food by Nobody: 1:14pm On Feb 18, 2013
ifyalways: As a mortal,I'll be jealous that a dog spends more than my take home pay in 2weeks.That jealousy is not justified but it will be there.And definitely would spun me to take action which could be negative or positive.
That's me being real here.

On the flip side,the boss does not owe his employee an explanation on how and what to spend his money for.

Was he employed to take care of the dog or to cook for the boss?Feeding the dog was an extra job and the boss could have given him a little something to absorb the shock of this new revelation,at least.

If na me kpa kpa,I go collect money,kill dog chop,fabricate story wait for oga. cheesy

LMOA . . . cheesy cheesy
Re: My Boss Spends Twice My Salary On Dog Food by Claus(m): 1:24pm On Feb 18, 2013
coogar:

you would be shocked then when you travel abroad and see how white people treat their pets. how many of these folks have willed their money/properties to their pets instead of giving it to the starving african kids.

this woman left $13m for her cat.. http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2011/12/woman-leaves-13m-fortune-to-pet-cat/ and she is not the only one to have done it. a cursory glance at google would show you hundreds of rich people leaving inheritance for their pets. microcosm for the nigerian society? i doubt any nigerian is as crazy as going that far.

That's not really what I meant though.

The point I was trying to make is about the income disparity in the Nigerian economy that leads to someone spending almost double an adult workers salary on one dog's FOOD.

Over here in England, I come across blue collar workers (labourers, plumbers, etc) and most of them can afford to keep a dog as a pet and buy proper pet food. Comparing it to the Nigerian situation described by the poster is disheartening.

For me, the rich man feeding a dog with more money than he pays a worker is not something to judge him for personally. It's just a function of the economy he lives in. Everybody should be free to spend their hard earned money however they wish. However, if we can step back and look at the bigger picture, ie take the above situation as a microcosm for the Nigerian society in general, then it leads us to the real issue of income disparity.

1 Like

Re: My Boss Spends Twice My Salary On Dog Food by Justpassing1: 1:49pm On Feb 18, 2013
Feed a dog - It will protect and remain loyal to you till its day of death.

Take a human being out of the streets ,feed him , give him a job , give him money , send his kids to school , give him everything - he will still , one day , bite your fingers.

#TrueStory.

6 Likes

Re: My Boss Spends Twice My Salary On Dog Food by Nobody: 1:52pm On Feb 18, 2013
"Just passing":
Feed a dog and he will be loyal to you till its day of death.

Take a human being out of the streets , give him a job , give him money , send his kids to school , give him everything - he will still , one day , bite your fingers.

True life jist.
shocked
Re: My Boss Spends Twice My Salary On Dog Food by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 18, 2013
Brand_new: shocked

You don't know? or is that news to you how cruel your people are? just online sef you see how crude they behave.. invite them to eat and they will hold down your own hand ( invitee) , chop it off and kill ya on top!

Spend your extras on hungry kids missions in third word countries and you have a rest of mind.
Good morning bro.
Re: My Boss Spends Twice My Salary On Dog Food by coogar: 2:10pm On Feb 18, 2013
Claus:

That's not really what I meant though.

The point I was trying to make is about the income disparity in the Nigerian economy that leads to someone spending almost double an adult workers salary on one dog's FOOD.

Over here in England, I come across blue collar workers (labourers, plumbers, etc) and most of them can afford to keep a dog as a pet and buy proper pet food. Comparing it to the Nigerian situation described by the poster is disheartening.

For me, the rich man feeding a dog with more money than he pays a worker is not something to judge him for personally. It's just a function of the economy he lives in. Everybody should be free to spend their hard earned money however they wish. However, if we can step back and look at the bigger picture, ie take the above situation as a microcosm for the Nigerian society in general, then it leads us to the real issue of income disparity.

blue collar workers? do you know how much they pocket per day? a plumber makes about £5000 per month....professors don't make that in nigeria. besides, there's a market for top dog foods and a market for the wacky ones. income disparity has nothing to do with it. poor people in nigeria keep dogs as pets. it's what you feed the dogs that matters. if a rich man wants to treat his dog royal, it's his prerogative.
Re: My Boss Spends Twice My Salary On Dog Food by Nobody: 2:34pm On Feb 18, 2013
coogar:

blue collar workers? do you know how much they pocket per day? a plumber makes about £5000 per month....professors don't make that in nigeria. besides, there's a market for top dog foods and a market for the wacky ones. income disparity has nothing to do with it. poor people in nigeria keep dogs as pets. it's what you feed the dogs that matters. if a rich man wants to treat his dog royal, it's his prerogative.

Don't forget dental, shots, monthly check ups and treats & toys for rewards . They will love you forever and tear your enemies into pieces cheesy ( have a bulldog and a husky; he was put down last october cos of old age cry my fist cried for days cry)
Re: My Boss Spends Twice My Salary On Dog Food by Claus(m): 2:39pm On Feb 18, 2013
coogar:

First bolded - Nowhere have I said that poor people in Nigeria don't keep dogs as pets.
Second bolded - I already said something to that effect in my earlier post.

I was tempted to explain my point even further, but I don't think you want to understand what I'm driving at, so I'll just leave my earlier posts to speak for themselves.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Dog's Life... / SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies / Join The Biggest Pet Store In Nigeria On Whatsapp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.