Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,837 members, 7,828,055 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! (7497 Views)

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Why I Am Not An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by ooman(m): 9:08pm On Jul 13, 2013
striktlymi:

Hmmm....

I guess you want him not to exist so bad that you don't want to search for him sincerely.

He's not some needle in a haystack, he's the most complex person in the universe, surely if he exist, he'd be so conspicuous to all.

Sincerely striktlymi, when it comes to this, its not about what I want, its about him. Is he there? Does he want to save me? Can he find me? Then let him. Jesus said no one comes to the Father, except if the Father draws them first...forgotten the place...but can find it sha...

If he exists, he shall find me, if he doesn't find me, he doesn't exist.

tongue tongue
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 9:15pm On Jul 13, 2013
ooman:

He's not some needle in a haystack, he's the most complex person in the universe, surely if he exist, he'd be so conspicuous to all.

Sincerely striktlymi, when it comes to this, its not about what I want, its about him. Is he there? Does he want to save me? Can he find me? Then let him. Jesus said no one comes to the Father, except if the Father draws them first...forgotten the place...but can find it sha...

If he exists, he shall find me, if he doesn't find me, he doesn't exist.

tongue tongue

God is closer than we think...

It is impossible for one to sincerely search for God without finding him....

God always calls but most often than not, we are not favourably disposed to recognizing his call...

If anyone calls on God sincerely, he will be answered within a 'day'...
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by ooman(m): 10:56pm On Jul 13, 2013
striktlymi:

God is closer than we think...

It is impossible for one to sincerely search for God without finding him....

God always calls but most often than not, we are not favourably disposed to recognizing his call...

If anyone calls on God sincerely, he will be answered within a 'day'...

You put day in quotes because day may mean an indefinite period of time..I understand that.

If am not hearing your god, its because he's not speaking loud enough.

Tell him to raise his voice to within 80-120 decibels and I shall hear him.
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by wiegraf: 1:50am On Jul 14, 2013
ooman:

You put day in quotes because day may mean an indefinite period of time..I understand that.

He seems to be telling you you're ether not high enough, or mysteriousnessesessess.

Checkmate atheist.
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 6:33am On Jul 14, 2013
ooman:

Our time on Earth is not infinite!
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by ooman(m): 8:03am On Jul 14, 2013
striktlymi:

Our time on Earth is not infinite!

and therefore there must be a place to live infinitely? You are only deluding yourself ...

Once you are dead, you are dead and done with...I have no time for fairy tales.

God is hard to find empirically, easy to find as an abstract. That should tell you your God is nothing but an abstract.
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 8:33am On Jul 14, 2013
ooman:
and therefore there must be a place to live infinitely? You are only deluding yourself ...

Perhaps your bias against God is the reason why you are finding it impractical to experience him...

ooman:
Once you are dead, you are dead and done with...I have no time for fairy tales.

This is quite interesting but you forgot to tell us how you know that there is no life after death...did you get to know this empirically?

ooman:
God is hard to find empirically, easy to find as an abstract. That should tell you your God is nothing but an abstract.

God is NOT abstract! Don't tell me you hold the view that difficulty in proving a position empirically translates to a non-existence of the object of that position.
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by ooman(m): 8:49am On Jul 14, 2013
striktlymi:

Perhaps your bias against God is the reason why you are finding it impractical to experience him...

This is quite interesting but you forgot to tell us how you know that there is no life after death...did you get to know this empirically?

God is NOT abstract! Don't tell me you hold the view that difficulty in proving a position empirically translates to a non-existence of the object of that position.

Deinoccocus Radiodurance : A bacteria that can result itself after being confirmed clinically dead,....

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deinococcus_radiodurans

That is the logic...meaning if some organisms can wake up, then there is no heaven or hell that they go to tongue

I haven't really seen the electron in person, but I know its weight and can correctly predict its behavior ..... now that is a non-life.

when it comes to god, we are talking about a consciousness here, a conscious being..... his elusiveness is his nihility...
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 9:22am On Jul 14, 2013
ooman:

Deinoccocus Radiodurance : A bacteria that can result itself after being confirmed clinically dead,....

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deinococcus_radiodurans

That is the logic...meaning if some organisms can wake up, then there is no heaven or hell that they go to tongue

I haven't really seen the electron in person, but I know its weight and can correctly predict its behavior ..... now that is a non-life.

when it comes to god, we are talking about a consciousness here, a conscious being..... his elusiveness is his nihility...

Lol!!!

Now who have you been discussing with?

Did anyone tell you that the promise of the life after is for every living thing?
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by ooman(m): 9:36am On Jul 14, 2013
striktlymi:

Lol!!!

Now who have you been discussing with?

Did anyone tell you that the promise of the life after is for every living thing?

if you understand a cell in your body to be combination of at least 3 bacteria living endosymbiotically, then you'd know that if a bacteria can resurrect, so can we.....
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 9:49am On Jul 14, 2013
ooman:

if you understand a cell in your body to be combination of at least 3 bacteria living endosymbiotically, then you'd know that if a bacteria can resurrect, so can we.....

Are you now in support of the resurrection of the dead?
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by ooman(m): 10:04am On Jul 14, 2013
striktlymi:

Are you now in support of the resurrection of the dead?

am in support of the fact that, if a bacteria can resurrect, science can make man resurrect too, so no heaven and hell.
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 10:33am On Jul 14, 2013
ooman:

am in support of the fact that, if a bacteria can resurrect, science can make man resurrect too, so no heaven and hell.

If that makes you happy...no p!
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by ooman(m): 10:36am On Jul 14, 2013
striktlymi:

If that makes you happy...no p!

api...understatement tongue it gets me drunk
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 14, 2013
ooman:

api...understatement tongue it gets me drunk

Anything you say man!
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 30, 2013
cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Misunderstanding Of Christians On Money / Is the gospel free or costly? . How Do You See It? / Meta-physics/ Kabbalah/ Egregores/geometry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.