Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,962 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! (7477 Views)

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Why I Am Not An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 18, 2013
Good morning,

I have seen very many arguments put forth by some Atheists that would make you stop dead in your tracks and THINK!!! The first thoughts that come to mind for me is: This guy is very smart!..The argument is devoid from any manner of fallacy, the presentation is uptight and the general feel of the argument makes so much sense even if I do not necessarily agree with the individual's perspective.

This sadly is the complete opposite of some arguments presented by some Atheists here in this section. I have seen so many arguments that make no sense in the very least and the sad reality is that the individual Atheist who presented the argument leaves feeling very smart and accomplished...I can't help but wonder how the individual cannot see the big question mark on his or her ability to exert him or herself intellectually.

I do understand that quite a lot of my brethren argue out of emotions and frankly some, if not most of the arguments put forth are a direct result of what they have been taught from childhood which they find difficult to shake cause it's all they know and have been made to believe; but to see an Atheist argue like these my brethren is really appalling cause of the Atheist claim of logic, knowledge and an ability to apply him or herself intellectually.

The truth is, I have seen some Atheists argue with very sound logic, reason and one can't help but say that this Atheist is a knowledgeable nairalander but the silly arguments I have seen is something to be worried about. There is a need for every individual (Religious or irreligious)to read through his or her post and ask him or herself whether it makes sense before posting, otherwise we will just see another individual arguing with his emotions rather than with his head.

Thank you!

1 Like

Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by tobechi20(m): 11:13am On Feb 18, 2013
True talk. Atheist believe their inability to belive in God makes them a more brilliant than majority who belives in God

being a theist doesnt make one less smart, and being an atheist doesnt make one any smarter.

Inteligence and belief are independent on each other

1 Like

Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 11:20am On Feb 18, 2013
Same empty barrel threads about atheism from christians every time.

How foolish of the OP not to give a clear example of the nonsensical arguments of Nairaland atheist.

Frankly, I am getting tired of this foolishness. Attack atheists on a thread with not one single shred of evidence to back your claims up.
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 11:23am On Feb 18, 2013
Logicboy03: Same empty barrel threads about atheism from christians every time.

How foolish of the OP not to give a clear example of the nonsensical arguments of Nairaland atheist.

Frankly, I am getting tired of this foolishness. Attack atheists on a thread with not one single shred of evidence to back your claims up.

I left out examples cause I know the guilty one's would provide us with enough evidence. Just like the one you just gave. More please!
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 11:39am On Feb 18, 2013
striktlymi:

I left out examples cause I know the guilty one's would provide us with enough evidence. Just like the one you just gave. More please!

What evidence did I give? You have made another empty rhetoric!

I am asking you to prove and put forward evidence for your claims about atheists

1) Atheists think that they are smart because they are atheists.

2) Atheists nonsensical arguments.

Logicboy03: Same empty barrel threads about atheism from christians every time.

Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 11:53am On Feb 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

What evidence did I give? You have made another empty rhetoric!

I am asking you to prove and put forward evidence for your claims about atheists

1) Atheists think that they are smart because they are atheists.

2) Atheists nonsensical arguments.

You can't even see it shocked

Your claim that the post is an attack on atheists is fallacious! I guess the Christians I talked about should also see it as an attack on Christians.
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 11:55am On Feb 18, 2013
striktlymi:

You can't even see it shocked

Your claim that the post is an attack on atheists is fallacious! I guess the Christians I talked about should also see it as an attack on Christians.

I give up sad

1 Like

Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Bella3(f): 12:12pm On Feb 18, 2013
Striktlymi this your thread make too much sense. I have said this before!
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 12:15pm On Feb 18, 2013
Bélla3: Striktlymi this your thread make too much sense. I have said this before!

Oh lord why have thou forsaken sense of evidence in these christians?

Thou shalt not make claims without proof or evidence, for whatever a man claimeth shall be swept away like breeze on mount Sinai without evidence!
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Bella3(f): 12:24pm On Feb 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

Thou shalt not make claims without proof or evidence, for whatever a man claimeth shall be swept away like breeze on mount Sinai without evidence!
Behold, this day the lord is come upon you.grin

1 Like

Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 12:25pm On Feb 18, 2013
Bélla3: Behold, this day the lord is come upon you.grin

I reject it!
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 12:27pm On Feb 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

Very funny!

No need to prove the obvious! I have been here (Religion section) a little over two months and have noticed quite a handful of these arguments; so if you who have been here longer haven't noticed then I will be amazed!

Anyways, grab an extra large pop corn (like Bella did in David's thread) and the guilty one's would give you all the evidence you need for they will name themselves hopefully.
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Bella3(f): 12:31pm On Feb 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

I reject it!
I decree itcheesy
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by nokia3310: 12:32pm On Feb 18, 2013
Well, personally as an atheist or rather an agnostic i don't think i am smarter than religious folks, but one thing i know for sure is that i'm more sincere than ALL theist, at least for accepting that the religion I've practiced all my life is fundamentally wrong, rather than to continue to defend the indefensible.

1 Like

Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 12:52pm On Feb 18, 2013
nokia3310: Well, personally as an atheist or rather an agnostic i don't think i am smarter than religious folks, but one thing i know for sure is that i'm more sincere than ALL theist, at least for accepting that the religion I've practiced all my life is fundamentally wrong, rather than to continue to defend the indefensible.

Good morning nokia,

Firstly, I am of the opinion that you are smarter than some religious people though not everyone of them but to believe that you are 'more sincere' than every religious person just because you feel the religion you practiced is fundamentally flawed is very incorrect. This is at most your personal view on the matter.

Sincerity has to do with freeing oneself from pretense. Just as you are sincere as an Agnostic, some of your peers are insincere too. Some practice Agnosticism for very personal and insincere reasons just like you would find some religious people who practice religion because they are not sincere.

So sincerity really has nothing to do with whether someone is into religion or not. One can be insincere even when the individual leaves religion.

Thank you!
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by nokia3310: 1:17pm On Feb 18, 2013
striktlymi:

Good morning nokia,

Firstly, I am of the opinion that you are smarter than some religious people though not everyone of them but to believe that you are 'more sincere' than every religious person just because you feel the religion you practiced is fundamentally flawed is very incorrect. This is at most your personal view on the matter.

Sincerity has to do with freeing oneself from pretense. Just as you are sincere as an Agnostic, some of your peers are insincere too. Some practice Agnosticism for very personal and insincere reasons just like you would find some religious people who practice religion because they are not sincere.

So sincerity really has nothing to do with whether someone is into religion or not. One can be insincere even when the individual leaves religion.

Thank you!

Talking about sincerity, i don't mean in all aspect of life rather with respect to our believes. How can an Agnostic be insincere when there is no reward attached to being Agnostic (As opposed to Pastors & Imams that get salaries for instance). I really believe that there are two reasons why people still practice religion:

1. Ignorance (i.e. not knowing much about the religion)
2. Insincerity - i.e. Worshiping God with the scriptures you know its not from him

The person that falls into category 1 will worship God with all sincerity of purpose but those in category 2 are fucking hypocrites.
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 18, 2013
an example of such atheist is our knight, logicboy-the boy who redefined ignorance.

1 Like

Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 1:37pm On Feb 18, 2013
Kai

Striklymi sabi expose person lipsrsealed
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 1:38pm On Feb 18, 2013
Reyginus: an example of such atheists is our knight, logicboy-the boy who redefined ignorance.

Why? Haba? Why?
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

Why? Haba? Why?
You don't see the empty vessel digging in? You know it all.
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 1:45pm On Feb 18, 2013
nokia3310:

Talking about sincerity, i don't mean in all aspect of life rather with respect to our believes. How can an Agnostic be insincere when there is no reward attached to being Agnostic (As opposed to Pastors & Imams that get salaries for instance). I really believe that there are two reasons why people still practice religion:

1. Ignorance (i.e. not knowing much about the religion)
2. Insincerity - i.e. Worshiping God with the scriptures you know its not from him

The person that falls into category 1 will worship God with all sincerity of purpose but those in category 2 are fucking hypocrites.

My use of sincerity is in relation to religion and not every aspect of life. The above is simply your opinion which I believe is very far from the truth. To say that those who accept religion are either Ignorant or Insincere is very false. It is true that some persons are into religion because they are either ignorant or insincere but this is not applicable to everyone who accepts religion. You commit at least two fallacies by saying that:

1) Fallacy of hasty generalization:

Some people are either ignorant or/and insincere in some of their beliefs...
Some of this people are into religion...
Therefore everyone who accepts religion is either ignorant or/and insincere in their acceptance of religion.

The above conclusion does not follow from the premise.

2) Fallacy of false cause:

Some religious people are ignorant of some facts...
Some religious people are sincere in their beliefs...
Every sincere religious person does so because of ignorance.

Similarly, the above argument is very flawed!

PS: LB care for more evidence?
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 1:48pm On Feb 18, 2013
Reyginus: You don't see the empty vessel digging in? You know it all.

Care to explain further?
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 1:49pm On Feb 18, 2013
striktlymi:

My use of sincerity is in relation to religion and not every aspect of life. The above is simply your opinion which I believe is very far from the truth. To say that those who accept religion are either Ignorant or Insincere is very false. It is true that some persons are into religion because they are either ignorant or insincere but this is not applicable to everyone who accepts religion. You commit at least two fallacies by saying that:

Therefore everyone who accepts religion is either ignorant or/and insincere in their acceptance of religion.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 1:53pm On Feb 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

Care to explain further?
What exactly do you want me to explain? Your infectious dumbness?
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 1:55pm On Feb 18, 2013
Reyginus: What exactly do you want me to explain? Your infectious dumbness?

Wait. You of all people? Do you even know how to make an argument? lol....dont make me laugh.

lol......
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 2:00pm On Feb 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

Wait. You of all people? Do you even know how to make an argument? lol....dont make me laugh.

lol......
I don't know how, but whenever we go that lane, I always leave you six feet under. Lol.
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 2:02pm On Feb 18, 2013
striktlymi:

If he is talking about the Abrahamic religions only, then he is right. If he is talking beyond that, he is wrong.

Christianity, Islam and Judaism are followed because of ignorance or insincerity.

It is highly ignorant of facts/science to believe that
-Women came from a man's ribs
-Jonah lived in a fish's belly
-Muhammad flew into heaven on a winged horse
-Someone can rise from the dead after crucifiction and stabbing with a loss of blood after 3 days with no medical help.
-Adam and Eve were the first humans.

Either you believe the above from ignorance or you are just to insincere to yourself and others because of the benefits of your religion
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 2:03pm On Feb 18, 2013
Reyginus: I don't know how, but whenever we go that lane, I always leave you six feet under. Lol.

Point to a thread where you destoryed me
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 2:07pm On Feb 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

Point to a thread where you destoryed me
Lol. You're a man of science.
Striktlymi, pardon the diversion. Somebody need to shut this boy up.
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 18, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. You're a man of science.
Striktlymi, pardon the diversion. Somebody need to shut this boy up.

Oh, I will pay money too see how you debunk me. Do you even argue on Nairaland, Regynius? All you do is hide in the shadow of others like a little Biatch. Go and fetch Anony and Deepsight to help you smiley
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 2:16pm On Feb 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

If he is talking about the Abrahamic religions only, then he is right. If he is talking beyond that, he is wrong.

Christianity, Islam and Judaism are followed because of ignorance or insincerity.

It is highly ignorant of facts/science to believe that
-Women came from a man's ribs
-Jonah lived in a fish's belly
-Muhammad flew into heaven on a winged horse
-Someone can rise from the dead after crucifiction and stabbing with a loss of blood after 3 days with no medical help.
-Adam and Eve were the first humans.

Either you believe the above from ignorance or you are just to insincere to yourself and others because of the benefits of your religion

Wrong! Not every word in sacred scriptures is meant to be taken literally. An understanding of it is very important! This is why those who want to use it as a basis to explain creation, the geography of the earth etc will always get it wrong.
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 2:17pm On Feb 18, 2013
A genuine intelligent person can never be religious.fact!

Why would i worship and pay 10% of my hard earned money to a pastor every month? Hell no!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Idols From Different Pagan/ethnic Religions / Never Use Your Name To Secure A Loan For A Man - Clergyman Warns Single Ladies / The Reality Of Restitution –when, How , Why………..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.