Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,902 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:55 PM

You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! (7495 Views)

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? / Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Why I Am Not An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 2:17pm On Feb 18, 2013
striktlymi:

Wrong! Not every word in sacred scriptures is meant to be taken literally. An understanding of it is very important! This is why those who want to use it as a basis to explain creation, the geography of the earth etc will always get it wrong.

Fail.

The moment that you claim that it is not literal, I can take the God of that same bible not to be literal but only a metaphor for what we can not see.
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 2:19pm On Feb 18, 2013
ifeness: A genuine intelligent person can never be religious.fact!

Why would i worship and pay 10% of my hard earned money to a pastor every month? Hell no!!!

Logicboy you dey see another one? Hope you have not finished that pop corn?
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 2:20pm On Feb 18, 2013
striktlymi:

Logicboy you dey see another one? Hope you have not finished that pop corn?

Kai.

Dem send you Stryklimi? Ifeness, sharrap!
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 2:21pm On Feb 18, 2013
I personally think the gods of the bible are been mis understood by christians.However,just my opinion.
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 2:22pm On Feb 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

Fail.

The moment that you claim that it is not literal, I can take the God of that same bible not to be literal but only a metaphor for what we can not see.

Wrong again! Even Jesus spoke metaphorically when the need arose and I believe Jesus is God. And note that I did not say every word in sacred scriptures is a metaphor.
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 2:23pm On Feb 18, 2013
ifeness: I personally think the gods of the bible are been mis understood by christians.However,just my opinion.

If you say some Christians I might just agree with you!
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 2:27pm On Feb 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

Oh, I will pay money too see how you debunk me. Do you even argue on Nairaland, Regynius? All you do is hide in the shadow of others like a little Biatch. Go and fetch Anony and Deepsight to help you smiley
Lol. Now you admit they're intelligent. One thing is certain, you will always run or face humiliation once I'm involved. This has been the case.
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 2:29pm On Feb 18, 2013
striktlymi:

If you say some Christians I might just agree with you!

Humans should determine the laws they live by, certainly not a sky deity .
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 2:31pm On Feb 18, 2013
ifeness: A genuine intelligent person can never be religious.fact!

Why would i worship and pay 10% of my hard earned money to a pastor every month? Hell no!!!

Lol. In other words, all religious people are unintelligent?
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 2:35pm On Feb 18, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. In other words, all religious people are unintelligent?

Religious people are brainwashed into not questioning things. In that system there’s no room for thinking or doubting. quite often a person will be shunned by their church if they do question religion.
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 2:41pm On Feb 18, 2013
ifeness:

Humans should determine the laws they live by, certainly not a sky deity .

It is my view that what humans decide in right conscience is in line with what God wants. God does not come down to dictate how one should live his or her life. Everyone has the right to live free as long as the individual's freedom does not impair the freedom and rights of the next person.

God does not force anyone to do what he ordinarily would want, it is left to every individual to either accept or reject. In your freedom you chose Atheism and in my freedom I chose Theism.
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 2:47pm On Feb 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

Fail.

This is a wrong way to look at it. Going by your claim, we can also chose to interprete the words we've written here in any sense we chose. Certainly, we are then not communicating. The determinant factor is the context. Once the statement in quote deviates from the form which the preceeding words seek to explain, that's when the metaphoric or literal sense comes to play. If in the literal sense it makes sense with the context, why seek further sense.
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 2:51pm On Feb 18, 2013
ifeness:

Religious people are brainwashed into not questioning things. In that system there’s no room for thinking or doubting. quite often a person will be shunned by their church if they do question religion.
oga mi, cool down first. That's not the right reply to my rhetorics. Let me come down a bit. Are all theists stupid?
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 2:52pm On Feb 18, 2013
striktlymi:

It is my view that what humans decide in right conscience is in line with what God wants. God does not come down to dictate how one should live his or her life. Everyone has the right to live free as long as the individual's freedom does not impair the freedom and rights of the next person.

God does not force anyone to do what he ordinarily would want, it is left to every individual to either accept or reject. In your freedom you chose Atheism and in my freedom I chose Theism.

What is Atheism? I never claimed to be one! Have i? I am consider myself pure consciousness having an earthly experience just like you are.

Only men can decide what works best for them. I cant force my kid to be a lawyer because i am.no way! He decides for himself. I can only guide if necessary .

When the govt decides to pass the gay couple right in Nigeria,so be it! No need to cry because a sky god doesn't like it.

I
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 2:55pm On Feb 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

It is highly ignorant of facts/science to believe that
-Women came from a man's ribs
-Jonah lived in a fish's belly
-Muhammad flew into heaven on a winged horse
-Someone can rise from the dead after crucifiction and stabbing with a loss of blood after 3 days with no medical help.
-Adam and Eve were the first humans.

@Logicboy, I did not even need science to prove to me that the bible did not make sense. Just reading through it will make you a skeptic. I believe that the gods we worship including the gods of the bible and quaran, are simply extraterrestrial creatures.

I agree much with ifeness point of view. ifeness maybe one of this days, I will relate to you some personal experiences.
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 2:57pm On Feb 18, 2013
ifeness:

What is Atheism? I never claimed to be one! Have i? I am consider myself pure consciousness having an earthly experience just like you are.

Only men can decide what works best for them. I cant force my kid to be a lawyer because i am.no way! He decides for himself. I can only guide if necessary .

When the govt decides to pass the gay couple right in Nigeria,so be it! No need to cry because a sky god doesn't like it.

I

Do you believe in any deity? If you don't then you can be said to be a 'special kind' of Atheist.
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 2:58pm On Feb 18, 2013
kmcutez:

@Logicboy, I did not even need science to prove to me that the bible did not make sense. Just reading through it will make you a skeptic. I believe that the gods we worship including the gods of the bible and quaran, are simply extraterrestrial creatures.

I agree much with ifeness point of view. ifeness maybe one of this days, I will relate to you some personal experiences.

...and the bold make sense??
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 18, 2013
striktlymi:

Wrong again! Even Jesus spoke metaphorically when the need arose and I believe Jesus is God. And note that I did not say every word in sacred scriptures is a metaphor.

I gave you central stories in the bible. Adam, Noah, ressurection of Jesus. If you say that these are metaphorical, the whole bible collapses into metaphorical oblivion.
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 3:00pm On Feb 18, 2013
striktlymi:

Do you believe in any deity? If you don't then you can be said to be a 'special kind' of Atheist.

Apollo,zeus,yahweh, shongo which one? I read couple of stories smiley
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 3:02pm On Feb 18, 2013
striktlymi:

What are you trying to say? I can't read your mind.
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 18, 2013
Reyginus: This is a wrong way to look at it. Going by your claim, we can also chose to interprete the words we've written here in any sense we chose. Certainly, we are then not communicating. The determinant factor is the context. Once the statement in quote deviates from the form which the preceeding words seek to explain, that's when the metaphoric or literal sense comes to play. If in the literal sense it makes sense with the context, why seek further sense.

Rubbish. I gave central stories to the bible. The moment you say that these stories are not literal, the whole bible becomes a subjective piece of crap.

I gave an example of Jesus' ressurection, Strikymi said it is metaphorical. Then, what stops us from saying God is metaphorical, when the crux of christianity has been deemed to be mataphorical. There is no building with a metaphorical foundation...
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 3:03pm On Feb 18, 2013
ifeness:

Apollo,zeus,yahweh, shongo which one? I read couple of stories smiley

I said any
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 3:04pm On Feb 18, 2013
striktlymi:

Do you know the meaning of EXTRATERRESTRIAL? If you do, you will know that a humanoid being not born on this planet is call that. Did the bible not say the "sons of god look down on humans from the sky"( which you call heaven) ?
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 3:08pm On Feb 18, 2013
striktlymi:

I said any

None
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 3:09pm On Feb 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

I gave you central stories in the bible. Adam, Noah, ressurection of Jesus. If you say that these are metaphorical, the whole bible collapses into metaphorical oblivion.

I don't remember saying everyone of those is metaphorical! I do recall saying that not every word should be taken literally. There is a difference!

Why are you guys even derailing my thread? tongue

E be like say una go start to pay fine for derailing!
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 3:10pm On Feb 18, 2013
ifeness:

None

Then Atheism can be attributed to you!
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 18, 2013
ifeness:

Do you know the meaning of EXTRATERRESTRIAL? If you do, you will know that a humanoid being not born on this planet is call that. Did the bible not say the "sons of god look down on humans from the sky"( which you call heaven) ?

You guys watch too many science fiction movies! Come back to Earth!

PS: You might say I dumb to know what the bold is. Why not explain it to me as if I am a two year old baby? wink
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 3:13pm On Feb 18, 2013
striktlymi:

Then Atheism can be attributed to you!

If you say so. I do not believe a human could have a definition as we are all different .
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 3:17pm On Feb 18, 2013
striktlymi:

PS: You might say I dumb to know what the bold is. Why not explain it to me as if I am a two year old baby? wink

It is not too many science movies. Read your bible very well, read history books and tell your government to tell your truth.
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 3:17pm On Feb 18, 2013
striktlymi:

So you are saying God is a spirit,he created the world in 6 days and he (spirit) walked and spoke to humans? Can you explain why the bible claimed he looked for Adam in the garden( an omnipotent god) ?
Logicboy03:

Rubbish. I gave central stories to the bible. The moment you say that these stories are not literal, the whole bible becomes a subjective piece of crap.

I gave an example of Jesus' ressurection, Strikymi said it is metaphorical. Then, what stops us from saying God is metaphorical, when the crux of christianity has been deemed to be mataphorical. There is no building with a metaphorical foundation...
This is another problem I have with you. In replying a comment, you leave out the content and attack from a different angle. Why try to avoid reason when you can't handle ignorance. I don't also get where the assumption that the crux for christainity is solely metaphorical. Care to explain.
Re: You Think You Are Smart Because Your Are An Atheist?...oh Please!!! by Nobody: 3:18pm On Feb 18, 2013
kmcutez:

It is not too many science movies. Read your bible very well, read history books and tell your government to tell your truth.

The govt are very happy most people are ignorant and sleeping.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Never Use Your Name To Secure A Loan For A Man - Clergyman Warns Single Ladies / Interview With Joagbaje - His Perspective On Christianity / Misunderstanding Of Christians On Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.