Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,092 members, 7,852,694 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:46 AM

My Candid Advice To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Candid Advice To APC (527 Views)

My Candid Letter To Saraki By Dele Momodu / Lawani, Ode, Agada, Decamp To APC (photos) / 90% Of Sokoto Legislators Decamp To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Candid Advice To APC by danielarem(m): 10:59am On Feb 18, 2013
MY OPPEN LETTER TO THE NEWLY MERGER PARTY APC.

With the new assets available to the opposition following the merger of the main political parties in Nigeria. If I were the average Nigerian, (without being immodest) I would not be writing today in stout defence of General Muhammadu Buhari, former head of state, who is under seemingly well-co-ordinated criticisms for no other reason than exercising his constitutional and political right of seeking elective public office. The major charge against General Buhari is that during his tenure, he violated human rights and most of our political elite will live the rest of their lifes in prison. It is not my fault cos i wnt the best 4my pple. Remember i was among of GEJ youth campaign orgnisation in 2010/11 b4 i quit the group? because i did not joined them to make more money! I joined them because of my future, my children and the next generation. I hope with GEJ as a stripling candidate then, my fellow youths will have a good job, will live a comfortable life and many more. I've to quit that selfish group! because, jonathan administration is noting but failure. Now, that youth president has failed us, who can we trust again? I believe that b4 this Nation can be ok! We need to proscuted those corrupt political elite, and who will do that among all this stripling? This is what make me u turn to GMB. Hence, close examination of the charges against General Buhari will show that the man simply took a cue from his military commanders-in-chief and civilian prime minister. One of such commanders-in-chief was General Obasanjo and if despite such charges, the same Obasanjo exercised his right under the Constitution to contest presidential elections in 1999, why should General Buhari not exercise the same constitutional right to aspire to the Presidency? We are therefore discussing Nigerian military generals who preceded General Buhari as Nigerian leaders.
General Buhari’s strength (some would call it weakness) is his bluntness which of all people, South West politicians should even appreciate compared to the trap, if not betrayal, which earned them (South West politicians) the political massacre of 2003. Buhari said he would tamper with the press.
The (journalists) therefore knew the risk they were taking. But did Buhari or the army introduce retroactive legislation into governance in Nigeria or was Buhari the first head of state to tamper with the press? If all these happened under General Buhari’s former commanders-in-chief and did not count against General Obasanjo’s return to public office, why should Buhari be singled out for unfair demolition exercise? What is more, the situation was not different under Buhari’s military and (supposedly) civilian successors.
It was of course wrong of the Buhari administration to have detained ex-President Shehu Shagari in a house while Vice President Alex Ekwueme was detained at Kirikiri prison both in Lagos. For the critics, the insinuation of ethnic favour is there. We must therefore cite a similar situation. Four Nigerians were standing trial purportedly for treason. Since then, two – Dr Fasehun and Gani Adams – from President Obasanjo’s south west have regained their freedom or at least, been released on bail? Why have the remaining two – Alhaji Asari Dokubo and MASSOB leader Uwazuruike – from eastern part of the country not regained their freedom or been released on bail? If there is any evidence implicating these two, what is holding up their trial? Nobody should be deceived that in Nigeria, bail for such high profile cases could ever be granted without the knowledge and indeed the approval of the presidency. Some Nigerians have nothing good to say about your good character and leadership. Some of them tend to have a lot to say about your military tactics to antagonise and demonise corruption. What makes them think that your scheming and old style of leadership will not gain support from half of Nigerians? It is unfortunate that some pple will still critized this honest man called Buhari. Some Nigerians even name him as a God father for Boko Haram! Have u pple forgotten that ever since investigation about bokoharam PDP loyalist had be d major culprit? Have u forgotten the senator the PDP Senator? have u forgotten the house of rep member who one suspect arrested in his house? Have u forgotten that even the president once said in public that bokoharam is in his cabinet? In which way has buhari responsible to boko haram? Is it because he stood firm as the major opposition to the corrupt being of the current administration? Buhari is too patrotic to be responsible to bokoharam. But, the main issue here now is how to bring down this clueless ruling party.
All i want is change! Change for my fellow youths, cahnge for the next generation! As much as my colleaques still have aplomb in some of our youths leaders! I will now advice the new merger party including my honest man. Gen. Buhari should plan to be Chairman of the party B.O.T. Following are my reasons why that move is strategic and good for Nigeria and for the opposition to abolish this autocratic Government. The new merger party should emerge El-Nasir Rufai or Nuhu Ribadu and B.R.Fashola as the runing mate. If that what Nigeria need to sweep away this corrupt ruling party in next coming general election. First, the Yoruba can’t be relied upon to vote for even the universally acknowledged best candidate from the North. Second, although in some democracies nation people like Gen. Buhari are statesmen appointed as the party national chairman or b.o.t because he has the strength of character and experience to advise the elected president. Besides, South-South is not likely to abandon its son, President Jonathan, and the East does not have a direction they don’t know what they want or they have many conflicting desires they want Biafra yet they want Nigeria to create additional states for them; they want an Ibo president, most of them will rather support Jonathan 2nd term in 2015 instead of Buhari or else if APC can produce some one else i think that will be good. because, they believe that GMB know something about Boko haram so a strategy based on these regions is a waste of time. But, our youth leaders nowadays are almost corrupt. None of them can't be trust! Can they come out and swear that, they have never stole from the public fund or have a foreign account? The merger parties doesn’t mean ACN or Tinubu’s people in the South-West would support a Buhari and Tinubu ticket.
God please lead us to the right way! You said this year will be the year of judgement on our corrupt politician.
Please who is the messiah?
Long live Nigeria and Nigerians

By: Comrade Aremuforyouths
The Egalitarian

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News : House Of Reps Call For Maina Sack, Sumons Igp / Things That Haven't Changed (much) In Nigeria / How Babangida, Abacha, Obasanjo Shared Nigeria’s Oil Blocks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.