Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,474 members, 7,819,726 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

11Ebiscoo's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 11Ebiscoo's Profile / 11Ebiscoo's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 13 pages)

Politics / Rivers APC Governorship Candidate, Coles Picks Running Mate by 11Ebiscoo: 11:30am On Oct 13, 2018
The governorship candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, for the 2019 election in Rivers State, Tonye Cole has picked Victor Giadom as his running mate.

Giadom, who is from Bera Community in Gokana Local government area of Ogoni shares the same roots with Senator Magnus Abe who has been in a running battle with the Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi.

Victor Giadom until his selection is the incumbent Deputy National Secretary of the APC and a member of the Party’s National Working Committee, NWC.

He was a former Executive Chairman of Gokana Local Government and later served as Commissioner for Works in the Rotimi Amaechi administration in Rivers State from 2011 to 2015.

He also served as the Director-General of the Greater Together Governorship Campaign Organisation of APC in 2015.

The announcement of Giadom’s selection is contained in a statement signed by the State Publicity Secretary of the APC, Chris Finebone.

According to him, “The Rivers State Chapter of All Progressives Congress, APC, is profoundly delighted to announce that the Governorship Candidate of the Party in Rivers State, Arc. Tonye Dele Cole has chosen Chief Victor Tombari Giadom as his running mate for the 2019 governorship election in Rivers State.

“Arc. Cole announced the choice of Chief Giadom while briefing the top hierarchy of the APC in a meeting in Port Harcourt.

“According to Arc. Tonye Cole, the choice of Chief Victor Giadom as my Running Mate was arrived at after a careful and exhaustive consideration of an array of equally notable personalities in the party.

“He came out tops on all considerations especially his unalloyed and untainted loyalty, unrelenting hard work and invaluable experience as a former outstanding local government chairman, former Commissioner for Works, former Governorship Campaign DG and presently a member of the National Working Committee (NWC) of our great party, APC.

“With the choice of Chief Giadom, the APC Governorship Candidate, Arc. Tonye Cole has commenced to assemble a crack dream team for the 2019 governorship election in Rivers State.”

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/rivers-apc-governorship-candidate-coles.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Politics / APC Vs PDP: Senator Lawan Speaks On Impeachment Of Saraki by 11Ebiscoo: 7:23pm On Oct 12, 2018
The Senate Leader, Ahmed Lawan, on Friday hinted that the Senate President, Bukola Saraki won’t be impeached.

Lawan said all parties in the Senate will work together in the interest of Nigerians.

The All Progressives Congress, APC, had been at loggerheads with Saraki following his defection to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

Following his defection, APC’s National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole had vowed to ensure that Saraki was impeached as Senate President.

But, speaking with State House correspondents at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, Lawan stated that national interest was more important than any personal ineterst for now.

According to Lawan, “I don’t know what informed your view to anticipate crisis but let me tell you that NASS will continue to remain focused on national issues; we must be patriotic, nationalistic, we must put national interest above individual, parochial or partisan interest.

“We definitely have to bury our hatchets for us to work for Nigeria and Nigerians; perhaps that might have informed the disappointment of many people that there will be crisis in the National Assembly.

“Let me also say that disagreements are usual, in fact, they are very practical components of any parliament, when you have 2 to 3 parties or even within parties you will have views that may differ.

“It is traditional, it is usual for us to disagree maybe this disagreement may crop up and some other issues but for now our focus is on national interest.” he said

“The National Assembly is a Nigerian parliament and therefore the best thing to do is to ensure that Nigerians gets a good deal and for now the good deal is for Nigeria to have all those pending requests of Mr President approved by the National Assembly.

“I think the national interest, for now, override any other interest.”

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/apc-vs-pdp-senator-lawan-speaks-on.html

Politics / Senator Albert Speaks On Alleged Refusal To Declare Asset by 11Ebiscoo: 6:49pm On Oct 11, 2018
Senator representing Akwa Ibom North East Senatorial District and Chairman, Senate Committee on Gas Resources, Bassey Albert Akpan, has described as a ploy to distract him, allegations by the Special Investigation Panel for the Recovery of Public Property, that he refused to declare his assets.

Speaking with newsmen in Abuja, Thursday, he explained that the panel had approached the Federal High Court before on the same matter and lost.

While describing the fresh suit against him by the panel headed by Barrister Okoi-Okono Obla as malicious, he added that the fresh allegation was a face-saving measure as a result of the libel suit he instituted against the panel which was tilting in his favour at the Federal High Court of the Federal Capital Territory.

Albert said, the move was an exercise in futility, noting that those properties were being declared every four years.

“To set the record straight, the same panel had initially filed an application ex-parte with suit no. /FHC/ABJ/CS/378/18 to forfeit my properties and abandoned the suit. ”

“My lawyers filed a counter affidavit deposit to a true state of facts that the properties sought to be forfeited were duly declared in 2015.

It will be recalled that the lawmaker got a return ticket to contest for Senate in 2019 general election on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party in the just concluded primaries.

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/senator-albert-speaks-on-alleged.html

Health / Ambode Declares Zero Tolerance For Infant Mortality by 11Ebiscoo: 4:49am On Oct 11, 2018
Wife of Lagos State Governor, Mrs. Bolanle Ambode on Wednesday said that no effort would be spared, to achieve zero infant mortality in the state.

She made the commitment during the donation of two transport incubator ambulance to Gbagada General Hospital and Lagos Island Maternity, by the Committee of Wives of Lagos State Officials (COWLSO), as part of their health intervention project for this year.

A transport incubator ambulance is specially designed to transport ‘pre-mature’ babies to standard medical facilities, equipped with Intensive Care Unit (ICU).

She said members of the Committee were touched by the high mortality rate of pre-term babies, occurring before they could access intensive care.

The transport incubators according to her would provide a womb-like environment for the baby, with the right temperature and life-saving gadgets, to help the new born hang unto life till it gets to the ICU.

She said, “The special ambulance can also be used to convey infants with severe post birth complications and others in serious emergency situations. The women of COWLSO reckon that with this intervention, many more new-born infants and children in Lagos State, will be saved from avoidable deaths with attendant happiness to their parents”.

The Committee also donated two hearing defect management equipment, Portable Otoread OAEs, to Alimosho and Shomolu General Hospitals, also as part of their intervention effort.

Speaking further, she observed that COWLSO was constrained to continue its previous intervention in early detection and management of hearing defects, because of the serious consequences of hearing loss in children.

She recalled that the Committee, two years ago had upgraded the Ear, Nose and Throat Department of the Lagos Island General Hospital, Odan, subsequently followed with the donation of Portable Otoread OAEs equipment to Badagry, Ifako-Ijaiye, Ikorodu and Gbagada General Hospital.

In his address, the Commissioner for Health, Dr. Jide Idris, noted that the Ambode Administration had always promoted the use of appropriate modern technology for delivery of qualitative and affordable healthcare to the people.

According to him, “the donation of Transport Incubator Ambulance to two State general hospitals will help to reduce the neo-natal morbidity and mortality indices of the state significantly”.

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/ambode-declares-zero-tolerance-for.html

Politics / APC Vs PDP: Sanwo-olu Discloses How He Will Run Lagos If Elected Governor by 11Ebiscoo: 2:04pm On Oct 10, 2018
The All Progressives Congress, APC, Governorship candidate in Lagos State, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, on Wednesday disclosed the kind of government he will run if elected to govern the state in 2019.

Sanwo-Olu promised to run an all-inclusive government if elected governor of Lagos State.

In a series of tweets, the APC governorship candidate stated that his administration will listen and respond to the yearning of all “Lagosians.”

He tweeted: “By the grace of God, if I am elected as governor of Lagos State, I will run an administration that listens and responds to the yearnings of the people. A government that is open and inclusive is my promise to Lagosians.

“The position of Governor of Lagos State is not one of pleasure or one that affords the opportunity for limitless glamour.

“It is one that demands the highest degree of discipline, dedication, industry, commitment and sense of purpose.
#SanwooluForGovernor #IstandWithSanwoolu.”

Sanwo-Olu, who has the backing of Bola Tinubu, a National Leader of APC, emerged as the party’s candidate, following a fallout between the latter and the state Governor, Akinwunmi Ambode.

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/apc-vs-pdp-sanwo-olu-discloses-how-he.html

Celebrities / Oyo 2019: My Mandate Has Been Stolen – Popular Nollywood Actress, Funke Adesiyan by 11Ebiscoo: 8:04am On Oct 10, 2018
An Ibadan-born Yoruba actress, Funke Adesiyan who was recently announced as the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), candidate for the Ibadan South East State Constituency 2 in the 2019 general elections has raised the alarm over substitution of her name for another candidate.

DAILY POST recalls that Adesiyan was announced as the winner of the election held in Ibadan, the state capital.

But, the actress while speaking on Monday, however, alleged that her name has been substituted for another candidate whom she defeated during the election.

Adesiyan while raising the alarm via her Instagram page voiced out about the injustice allegedly meted out to her by the APC to aspirants who bought forms and contested for the party’s primaries.

Adesiyan who claimed that she scored 207 votes to defeat her rival who got 32 votes, revealed that her ticket which she won at the primary election has been allegedly taken from her and given to a preferred “anointed candidate”.

She accused the APC of allowing aspirants to spend so much money on purchasing forms and going on campaigns while already, the party had their own chosen candidate, saying she has ‘been made to believe and accept the outcome in good fate”.

Adesiyan while reacting via her Instagram said, “Dear friends, we have come to the end of a long journey. A very rigorous and eventful one. The people of Ibadan South East 2 have spoken. They spoke loudly and clearly.

“The journey of the last one year has been halted, and I thank you all for standing by me. For believing in my vision and for throwing your weight behind me in critical moments. I will never take this significant support for granted.

“The primary election has come and gone and I have been made to believe and accept the outcome in good fate.

“While I am not quite happy that my hard-earned mandate was taken from me, as this stands against the principle with which I stand for, I can’t go against the wish of our great party, All Progressives Congress (APC).

“I can’t understand why people, who bought forms sold at exorbitant prices, went for primaries and emerged winners only to be told that their names had been swapped for other “anointed candidates”. One may be tempted to ask why we had primaries in the first place if the party’s hidden agenda was to impose candidates?

“This is one old injustice that has continued to dwarf the progress and entrenchment of internal democracy, one that has denied many people the full blessings of fulfilling their ambition politically.

“There is no better evidence of this than the brazen act of injustice that forced me to surrender my mandate.

“I urge all my supporters not to be wary as this is a phase that will soon pass.

“Today, I hold in my heart nothing but love for my people as I call on you all to not despair of our present difficulties but to believe, always, in the promise and greatness of our party (APC), Oyo State and Nigeria because nothing is inevitable here.”

I implore you all to go all out and vote for the APC in the 2019 general election and ensure that we record a resounding victory.

“Thank you and God bless Oyo state. Funke Adesiyan”.

https://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/oyo-2019-my-mandate-has-been-stolen_10.html

Politics / LASU Fires Senior Lecturers For Sexual Assault by 11Ebiscoo: 3:59pm On Oct 09, 2018
The Lagos State University (LASU) on Tuesday confirmed the dismissal of three of its academic staff for sexual harassment and misconduct.

The university’s spokesman, Mr Ademola Adekoya, said the institution’s Governing Council took the decision at its 119th Statutory Meeting on Oct 4, as recommended by the Joint Council/Senate (Academic) Disciplinary Committee.

Adekoya named the affected staff as Dr Sunkanmi Odubunmi, Associate Professor, Department of Economics, Dr Ajani Ogunwande, Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry.

“Also, Dr Emmanuel Gbeleyi, Lecturer II, Department of Anatomy, Lagos State University College of Medicine (LASUCOM), Ikeja, Lagos,” Adekoya said in a statement.

According to him, the council also approved the promotion of 49 Academic Staff and 200 Non-Academic Staff into various positions.

The spokesman said 29 non-academic staff of the university had benefited from an internal recruitment exercise recently conducted by the university.

“They include 18 Administrative Officers II, three Technologists II, four System Analysts, two Academic Planning Officers II and two Industrial Liaison Officers,’’ he said.

Adekoya, however, noted that the current authority of the university by the development had further demonstrated its zero-tolerance for sexual harassment and general indiscipline.

He said the decision of the university was also in line with its drive to continually promote the welfare of both deserving staff and students of the institution.

Dr Odubunmi and Ogunwande had invited the female students whom they had harassed and failed their courses to their office to write an exam on a Saturday.

The students had reported the lecturers to the university security unit who bombarded them with recorders to trap them in the act.

However, the LASUCOM lecturer, Gbeleyi was reported by two female students who he asked to buy an injection, which he allegedly used to sedate them before he sexually took advantage of them.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/lasu-fires-senior-lecturers-for-sexual_9.html

Politics / ‘no Threat To Pmb’s Re-election’ by 11Ebiscoo: 5:06am On Oct 09, 2018
Kogi State governor, Alhaji Yahaya Bello, yesterday expressed confidence in President Muhammadu Buhari’s chances in the 2019 presidential poll, saying he is yet to see any candidate in other political parties who poses a threat to the president’s reelection bid.

The governor who stated this while speaking with journalists in Abuja noted specifically that at the moment, there is no “significant threat” to the reelection bid of President Buhari. He said, “President Muhammadu Buhari has justified his mandate by fighting corruption, curbing terrorism, improving social infrastructure and upscaling the survival chances of the poor in the society through social security. “Slowly but steadily, our economy was able to crawl out of recession as a result of sound and firm fiscal discipline by our economic managers.

We cannot forget the significant progress in power generation and distribution as well as rail transportation. “Under President Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria has achieved global respect as a result of purposeful leadership.

These are our strong campaign points going into the 2019 Presidential election.” Bello added that, while the All Progressives Congress is “trusted by the Nigerian masses”, the PDP has a “record in the memory of Nigerians”.

He stated: “Our party will continue to work hard to win the 2019 general elections. We won’t underrate the avalanche of preposterous antagonism against us. “Nigerians trust our party to continue to move the nation forward, protect her resources and guarantee the right of every Nigerian to the commonwealth of the nation.

We are optimistic of victory.” Governor Bello thanked the federal government for the prompt response to the flood situation in Kogi State, noting that the physical presence of the Vice President gave the people confidence that they have a “responsible and responsive government at the centre”.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/no-threat-to-pmbs-re-election.html

Celebrities / 'your Backside Representing The 36 States': Ex-beauty Queen Hit Over 'plastic' B by 11Ebiscoo: 9:25am On Oct 08, 2018
Ex Beauty Queen, Dabota Lawson, shared this curvy photo to promote her beauty products on Instagram.

But what caught the attention of her followers was her 'plastic' backside.

Recall that Dabota reportedly spent millions of naira on cosmetic surgery to get her curvy backside.

See how her followers reacted below.
One jokingly said "your back is representing the 36 states of Nigeria". LOL

See her reactions here after she was blasted and more plastic body pics.

See more screenshots and hotter photos of her plastic body:

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/your-backside-representing-36-states-ex.html

Politics / 2019: Duke Beats Gana, Others To Emerge SDP Presidential Candidate by 11Ebiscoo: 5:26am On Oct 08, 2018
Former governor of Cross River State, Donald Duke, has won the presidential primary election of the Social Democratic Party (SDP). Duke, who governed Cross River between 1999 and 2007 on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), polled 812 votes to get the ticket.

The former governor who defected from the PDP to pursue his presidential ambition recently, defeated his close rival, former Minister of Information, Jerry Gana, who polled 611 votes at the party’s National Convention held at Old Parade Ground, Abuja.

While officially declaring Duke the winner of the exercise, the Chief Returning Officer, Abdul Isiaq said, said John Dara, former Special Assistant to Gen.T.Y. Danjuma, former defence minister, scored 104 votes.

Announcing result at the early hour of Sunday, Isiaq declared that former ambassador and former minister, Iyorwuese Hagher, polled 72 votes ,while a former ambassador, Felix Osakwe scored 10 votes. The Chief Returning Officer, also announced 63 votes as invalid votes .

In his acceptance speech, Donald Duke who thanked the delegates for choosing him as the presidential candidate of the party, also described his emergence as a collective victory for all aspirants that participated in the contest.

The SDP presidential candidate noted that the primary was just a step in the contest, assuring the members of the party of a robust campaign across the country which will equally sell the party and it’s polices to citizens.

He, whowever, called for the support of all aspirants, the party officials and Nigerians to win 2019 general election, saying “we will reawaken in Nigerians that yearning that we are destined to be, but we cannot do this alone.” He said that Nigeria was not a divided nation but a country of common purpose.

His words “What divides us is inadequacy and wants, because in the face of this survival of the fittest comes in, which ought not to be so because there is more than enough for everyone. “If Nigerians were productive and abide by rules and regulations , the nation would grow from strength to strength.

This is what good governance is all about and that is what I stand for.” However, the National Chairman of the party, Chief Olu Falae, said the party represents a renewed hope and a refined and genuine symbol of progress for the country. Falae who addressed the party delegates earlier ,averred that SDP is the Party of the moment and the pillar that will rescue Nigeria and restore peace, ensure justice, assure progress and development.

According to Falae, the state of the nation and the plight of our fellow countrymen and women are abysmally poor and it has never been this bad in this country. He said: “Today, we have a Government that is unable to guarantee the security of lives and properties; unable to keep the youths and women gainfully employed; unable to provide welfare or means of livelihood for citizens, unable to provide basic or strategic infrastructure for its people; unable to manage the economy for sustainable development and unable to contain the pervasive crippling corruption at all levels fuelled by growing poverty and unemployment.

“Today, fellow citizens, we have a Government that has been unable to stop massive injection money into the electoral process. “Today, unabating violence and killings have led Nigeria to the edge of the precipice and our nation is divided and polarised to a degree we have never seen before.

“Nigerians have helplessly watched as those they elected into offices demonstrate on a daily basis ineffective and incompetent leadership that engenders social and food insecurity, lawlessness, impunity, insurgency, widespread corruption, nepotism and poverty.”

Falae who urged Nigerians to return to politics where the welfare of the people is the central theme of social democracy, maintained that “We must return to the stage where emphasis is on party manifesto, integrity, performance and service to the nation.”

His words, “We must halt the disgraceful spread of political monetization in our country. The so-called major parties which have ruled Nigeria for nearly twenty years have been tried and but have failed.

“Now Nigeria needs to be rescued. Our party, the Social Democratic Party, SDP is prepared and ready for the rescue mission. “As a political party, we are determined to work with the Nigerian people to ensure the emergence of a new, credible and stable political process, engineered to harvest the beauty of democracy, offer good governance, and produce genuine development.

“SDP is built on the solid ideology of Social Democracy; anchored on social justice, human dignity, fairness, equity, and inclusiveness. “Our party’s ideology includes a shared prosperity with the imperative of democracy; and the security of peace with justice.

“The philosophy of Social Democracy places a great premium on the dignity of the human person and the sanctity of human life. “Also, Prof. Tunde Adeniran, the Chairman, National Convention Central Planning Committee, said the reality confronting the people today was that they made a wrong choice in 2015 and the hope they placed in the APC and the President was a total misplaced. Adeniran noted that at no time in the almost two decades of this democratic dispensation has the issue of threats to our national stability and indeed the Nigerian union, generated such concern and widespread anxiety among the people.

According to him, ” It is important for us to note that the present precarious state of the nation has some correlation with what it was some three decades and three years ago. ” The siege was laid on our democracy in the past few weeks by the agents of the state could as well be rightly said to be reminiscent of that unpopular totalitarian era as a military ruler. ” The SDP, as people – driven and the legacy-conscious party is committed to building and bequeathing a great Nigeria nation to succeeding generation .”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/2019-duke-beats-gana-others-to-emerge.html

Politics / Nigerians Yearning For Pdp’s Return To Power — Atiku by 11Ebiscoo: 9:41pm On Oct 07, 2018
Nigerians are yearning for the return of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to power, the party’s presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, said on Sunday morning.

He also spoke of his preparedness to work with other party members by listening to their advice as the party repositions to return to power during the 2019 general elections.

The former Vice President spoke in Port Harcourt, the Rivers State capital, shortly after he emerged as the PDP Presidential Candidate after polling 1,532 votes to defeat 11 other contestants including Sokoto State Governor, Aminu Tambuwal, who scored 693 votes and Senate President, Bukola Saraki, who came third with 317 votes.

Rabiu Kwankwaso polled 158 votes, Ibrahim Dankwambo (111 votes), Sule Lamido (96 votes), Ahmed Makarfi (74 votes), Tanimu Turaki (65 votes), Attahiru Bafarawa (48 votes), David Mark (35 votes), Jonah Jang (19 votes), and Datti Ahmed (5 votes).

Atiku said in his acceptance speech: “Mr. Chairman of our great party, members of the NWC, the Chairman and members of the Convention Planning Committee, Governor Okowa, my fellow aspirants and compatriots, Your Excellencies Governors, Distinguished Party Chairmen, party members, members of the press, ladies and gentlemen.

“Today, we are witnessing a landmark event. A landmark event in the sense that since the rebranding of our great party, the PDP, since the return of democratic rule or governance in this country, we have witnessed the most credible, transparent and fair primaries.

“Let me also commend my fellow competitors or aspirants for displaying a sense of unity, a sense of purpose and a sense of commitment. This is a very rare event. My fellow compatriots have rarely shown that the interest of the party and that of the people of this country is paramount and more important than our individual interest.

“I want to pay tribute to each and every one of them and to assure them that I am ever ready to work with each and every one of them for the realisation of the victory of our party in the forthcoming elections. I cannot do it alone. I need your support, I need your assistance, I need your understanding and I need your participation.

“It is not a one man’s job, it is a collective responsibility and I am prepared to listen to you to take your advice, to consult with you, to work with you and together, we succeed and after we succeed, we shall all be partners in that success.

“Mr. Chairman let me also again pay my tribute to the Convention Planning Committee. This is like I said, one of the most innovative electoral processes this party has ever taken since the inception of this party in 1998.

“I believe we have learned quite a lot from the conduct of this exercise. And I also believe that we can continue to improve on what has been achieved in the last few days in Port Harcourt. Let me also use this opportunity to pay tribute to the Governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, the Government and entire people of Rivers State for hosting this historic event.

“This event has gone without a heat and has been very successful and all these would not have been successful without the commitment of Governor Wike, the government and entire people of Rivers State. We thank you very much indeed, we appreciate you and we look forward to working with you so that our party can be returned to power in the next elections.

“Your Excellencies, we cannot afford to fail Nigerians at this very historic moment because Nigerians are yearning for the return of PDP to power because they have now compared the administration of PDP and that of APC. They know that under PDP, they had years of prosperity of unity, of security and of development.

“And they have seen the gross mismanagement of the government of the APC. Therefore we have a wonderful opportunity to return PDP to power in this country. History has beckoned all of us at this point in time to make sure that the PDP is returned to power. We have enumerated a number of challenges facing this country. What we should now do in the next phase of our electioneering campaign is to proffer solutions to these challenges we have identified conflicting our country and its people.

“I, therefore, implore all participants whether at state elections or Local Government elections or national elections to make sure that we proffer challenges to these challenges we have identified. It is therefore not enough to say that APC has failed in A, B, C, D, and F. But we should as a political party proffer solution to these challenges that we have identified.

“This is what will make us completely different as a party from the clueless government of the APC. By the time we start electioneering campaign, I believe Nigerians will yearn for our return till we do so. Mr Chairman of our great party, Chairman and members of the Convention Planning Committee, on behalf of my fellow aspirants, we want to thank you immensely, for your wonderful achievement and performances.

“As I said, this is the best and most credible electoral process undertaken by this party. My hope is that when we eventually get to power, we should improve on what has been done in the last two days. Let us not get intoxicated by power and begin to roll back this electoral success that has been recorded at this point in time. We should improve on them and I believe since the people who are responsible for this achievement are still members of our party, we can continue to benefit from their experience, from their competence to our party.

“In conclusion, all these would not have been possible without our delegates. You are wonderful people. You are loyal party members, you have displayed maturity, you have displayed orderliness and you have displayed a sense of patriotism. And it is very clear that nobody has tried to influence your choice.

“You had the freedom to choose and you exercised that freedom. I, therefore, commend you and wish you well as you return to your respective destinations. Finally, on a personal note, I wouldn’t have been standing where I am standing today if my former boss, President Olusegun Obasanjo had not made me his Vice President. Under his tutelage, I learned quite a lot. And believe the experience I got there is going to definitely impact on how we eventually govern this country. I wish to pay my personal tribute to him.

“Having said that, we should also not forget our leaders who have at different times ushered in the return of democracy. We want to thank them for their contributions and their sense of patriotism. Mr. Chairman, I am humbled. Mr. Chairman, I pledge to you and to members of this party that you will not find me wanting.

“Your Excellencies, distinguished ladies and gentlemen, I thank you most sincerely. Come to think of it, this is a culmination of a political career that is almost 40 years. I have participated in 5 primary elections in those years. Some of them successful, some of them not successful. I think I am moved by the outcome of this convention. I cannot thank you enough for giving me this opportunity and I promise you I will not fail you. The members of our great party, God bless you all, God bless our country and in conclusion, I hereby accept your nomination to be the candidate of our great party, the Peoples Democratic Party.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/nigerians-yearning-for-pdps-return-to.html

Politics / Senator Ashafa Loses, Tinubu, Adeola Win Lagos Senatorial Primaries by 11Ebiscoo: 9:11pm On Oct 06, 2018
Senator Gbenga Ashafa has lost his bid to return to the Senate, for a third term on the platform of the All Progressives Congress.

The 63 year-old senator lost by a wide margin, the primary for the Lagos East ticket to a four-term House of Assembly member, Bayo Osinowo, according to the results announced Saturday by the All Progressives Congress (APC) Electoral Committee of the National Assembly and State House of Assembly primaries in Lagos.

Ashafa was expected to run unopposed in the primary as Osinowo was not originally cleared by the National Working Committee of the APC to stand in the election. It was not clear when the NWC gave Osinowo the nod to run for the seat.

As far as the Ashafa Support Group is concerned, the result may be a nullity as Ashafa only went into the primary for affirmation. In . other words, he ran against himself.

“Hon. Bayo did not scale through the screening of the party and so could not contest an election. Senator Gbenga Ashafa only came out to be affirmed by his constituents”, the group tweeted on Friday.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports the primaries, including a repeat of the senatorial primary election, were held on Friday.

The senatorial primaries initially held on Thursday, but were cancelled and rescheduled owing to logistic issues.

Announcing the results in Ikeja, Chairman of the committee, Mr Lucky Imasuen, said the primaries were contested for the three senatorial seats, 24 House of Representatives and 40 state House of Assembly seats .

In the results of the senatorial primaries, Imasuen said Sen.Oluremi Tinubu, who was unopposed, polled 89,494 votes to emerge as candidate for Lagos Central.

For Lagos West, the committee chairman said the incumbent, Sen. Olamilekan Solomon emerged winner with 378,906 votes, as against the 1,179 votes scored by Mr Kayode Opeifa and Mrs. Areago Olopade’s 1,275 votes .

Imasuen, a former Deputy Governor of Edo State, added that a member of the state House of Assembly, Mr . Bayo Osinowo defeated the incumbent Sen. Gbenga Ashafa with 247,743 votes to emerge candidate for the Lagos East Senatorial district.

He disclosed that Ashafa, the incumbent, polled 20,385 in the primary.

Imasuen said the details of the House of Representatives and state House of Assembly primaries results were ready and that they would be released later.

He described the exercise as peaceful and successful.

“The primaries were peaceful and successful.

“We thank the state chapter led by Tunde Balogun for the support for the committee.

“We also thank all other stakeholders including all members of our party in the state for making the conduct a success,” he said. (NAN)

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/senator-ashafa-loses-tinubu-adeola-win.html

Politics / How Nigerian Presidents Abuse Power – Bishop Kukah by 11Ebiscoo: 12:04pm On Oct 06, 2018
The Catholic Bishop of Sokoto Diocese, Dr. Matthew Hassan Kukah, has said that no President of any country in the world can be as irresponsible in the usage of power as a Nigerian president.

He made this known in Akure, Ondo State on Friday while delivering the annual Ulefunta/Oyemekun Festival lecture entitled “Building blocks for a good society” held at the Francis Idibiye Lecture hall of the Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA).

According to Kukah, the structure of the Nigerian presidential office makes the holders of the office extremely powerful, so much that he can deploy power the way he wants.

“No president in the world has the kind of power the Nigerian president has and as such, no president in the world can be as irresponsible as the Nigerian president. His power is so much that he can give oil bloc to his girlfriend and many others. You thus can’t be a man of honour and live in a country like Nigeria and not be angry,” he said.

Kukah said that from the first Nigerian Prime Minister, Alhaji Tafawa Balewa to President Muhammadu Buhari, virtually all of them were dragged into the presidential office, maintaining that this was unlike the presidency of the United States of America where the president does not emerge by circumstance.

“Here in Nigeria, local government chairman wants to be governor; the governor wants to be president and the president doesn’t want to go! Many states have two governors representing them at the National Assembly. Governors have control and monopoly of resources of state and they use same resources to oppress them,” he said.

Kukah, who said that the Nigerian society is in ferment, maintained that the instability that Nigeria faces as a country is inevitable in any system.

He, however, said that developing mechanisms that will confront the instability is the hallmark of great countries.

“In Nigeria, it is not a question of looking for trouble because trouble is already here. The Nigerian state has no capacity to protect itself and there is no loyalty to Nigeria from its citizens but to those who help individuals to get to positions in the system,” he said.

Kukah, however, singled two former Nigerian leaders out of the leadership rot, Chief Obafemi Awolowo and Alhaji Aminu Kano, whom he called “architects of a good society.”

“Awolowo, for his major quintessential evidence as somebody who already figured out what he would do with power if he got it. He understood the building blocks for an egalitarian society. Aminu Kano single handedly took on the feudal class in Northern society and had a deep understanding of society, even as he textually talked about a free society in a way and manner that didn’t offend religion,” he said.

While stating that it is not enough for a people to have the building blocks of a good society alone, Kukah also maintained that Nigeria has not been able to build a good society because the country has not obeyed the rules of design.

“We have to understand the building blocks of society which is not too different from the rules of building a house. A good society is not different from the building blocks of society. When a building collapses, it didn’t collapse in a day. It began to collapse a long time ago. For us to build a good society, we have to have eyes that monitor the needs, growth and development and feelings of that society. Then you can be sure of the quality of that society,” he said.

While reviewing the lecture, Professor Kole Omotoso, lauded Kukah for what he called a very profound lecture and said that the only point of departure he had in the lecture was Kukah’s submission that education has the potential to remedy the problems of Nigeria’s existence.

Guests at the occasion included the Deji of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Aladelusi, Chief Reuben Fasoranti, the chairman of the occasion, and many others.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/how-nigerian-presidents-abuse-power.html

Politics / What Osun Governor-elect Said After Meeting Buhari by 11Ebiscoo: 9:09pm On Oct 05, 2018
The Osun Governor-elect, Adegboyega Oyetola, on Friday paid a `Thank You’ visit to President Muhammadu Buhari at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

Oyetola won the Osun State governorship election with 255,505 votes to beat Sen. Ademola Adeleke, candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), who got 255,023 votes.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the governor was accompanied on the visit by outgoing governor of the state, Rauf Aregbesola and Gov. Abdullahi Ganduje of Kano state, who served as chairman, APC campaign committee for Osun governorship election.

Oyetola, who spoke with State House correspondents after the closed door meeting with President Buhari, pledged to consolidate on the achievements of the outgoing governor of the state.

He also pledged to run a transparent government and to improve on the infrastructural facilities in the state.

“I came to say a big thank you to Mr. President for the support he gave to us during the election and to thank the leadership of our party all over the country for being with us throughout the period.

“I also assure him that by the grace of God, I must run a very transparent government.

“The governor and the party have done so well in Osun and I will want to continue to consolidate on those achievements and improve on them in the area of infrastructure, particularly the economy.

“It is a continuation of the legacies that he built. I believe that the people have confidence in our party, they believe in us and we will not abuse the opportunity given to us to continue to be in government,’’ he said.

Oyetola also promised to review the state’s revenue sources with a view to boost Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) and ensure that we are able to look inward for sustainability.

According to him, payment of workers’ salaries and pensions will continue to receive the deserved attention by his administration.

“We have actually been addressing that (salary). Recently, we have paid about four months of salary backlog and I believe we will settle all the outstanding and we have started even paying full salary.

“I believe we will be able to sustain it by the grace of God.

“We will review our (Internally Generated Revenue) IGR to ensure that we are able to look inward for sustainability,’’ he added.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/what-osun-governor-elect-said-after.html

Politics / Re: Tambuwal Has Capacity To Defeat Buhari, Group Tells PDP by 11Ebiscoo: 6:32am On Oct 05, 2018
Politics / INEC Insists On Oct 7 Deadline For Primaries by 11Ebiscoo: 6:31am On Oct 05, 2018
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) yesterday reminded political parties of the October 7 deadline for the conduct of primaries for all elective positions for the 2019 general election and resolution of disputes emanating from the primaries.

The reminder is contained in a statement by Mr Solomon Soyebi, INEC National commissioner and chairman, Information and Voter Education Committee in Abuja yesterday. Soyebi stated that “the resolution was made at the end of the commission’s weekly meeting held yesterday in Abuja’’.He noted that the commission, among other things, considered the status of political party primaries to elect candidates into various positions for the 2019 general elections.

He said that 89 of the 91 registered political parties that gave notice of their intentions to conduct primaries as required by the Electoral Act 2010 (as amended) had commenced and were at various stages of the process.

He added: “INEC wishes to restate that the conduct of primaries and resolution of all disputes arising therefrom must be concluded on or before Oct. 7 as earlier published in the Timetable and Schedule of Activities for the 2019 general elections.

“The last day for submission of lists of sponsored candidates (Form CFOO2) and personal particulars (Form CF001) remains Oct. 18 for Presidential and National Assembly and Nov. 2 for Governorship and State Houses of Assembly”. Soyebi restated that the commission would only accept list of candidates submitted by the National Chairman and the National Secretary.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/inec-insists-on-oct-7-deadline-for.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Politics / 2019: Ojukwu’s Wife, Bianca Loses Senate Bid by 11Ebiscoo: 12:53pm On Oct 04, 2018
Nigeria’s former Ambassador to Spain, Bianca Ojukwu, has lost her bid to contest the Senate seat in 2019.

Bianca, the widow of the late Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, failed in her bid for the Anambra South All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, ticket.

Bianca was beaten by Prince Nicholas Ukachukwu.

In the keenly contested primary held at the Ekwulobia township stadium in Aguata, Ojukwu polled 177 votes to Ukachukwu’s 211.

There was a heavy shooting at the venue of the primary before the election which disrupted proceedings for a while.

The former beauty queen was supported by Governor Willie Obiano. An oil magnate, Chief Ifeanyi Ubah, bidding for the same ticket, was disqualified by the party earlier in the week.

The Ekwulobia stadium was under heavy security as Commissioner of Police, Garba Umar was personally there to ensure there was no breach of the peace.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/2019-ojukwus-wife-bianca-loses-senate.html

Celebrities / Toyin Lawani Shares Her Thoughts On Marriage by 11Ebiscoo: 7:14am On Oct 03, 2018
In a recent interview celebrity stylist and entrepreneur, Toyin Lawani, has said marriage for her is not a priority.

According to the single mum of two, she has been married before and she walked out of the marriage because she wanted more for herself. Read excepts from the interview below.

Yes. I repeat it marriage is not a priority. Most people feel like those who are single mums like me are cursed or we’re not to be respected. I speak to several families and even have people that I impact their lives. Do you know how many salaries that I pay every month? Some men cannot do that. I pay almost 100 people salary every month. Then you will now tell me that because you are married you’re better than me. You that are in your husband’s house and being fed and at the same time being slapped every day. If you are contributing to that family do you think they will be slapping you every day? We all learn from experience. I have been married before but because I wanted something more for myself I was able to leave the marriage and chase my dreams.

But there was a rumour that the father of your son, Lord Trigg, proposed and marriage was in the offing before it fizzled out.

I have only been married once in my life. I decided to leave the second relationship because it wasn’t working for me. I have shown him (Lord Trigg) severally that we can co-parent without being enemies.

People thought the relationship failed due to the huge age difference between you two. Is that correct?

It is not because of the age difference. Age has never been a problem between us. Can’t you see how sexy I look? Do you think any man would see me and wouldn’t want to die? Oh my God! We were both in love. It wasn’t even a societal pressure. But a personal decision because it wasn’t what I wanted for myself. I have learnt my lesson that when I have anything coming up I am not going to put it in the press.

If Mr. Right shows up, will you consider marriage again?

Why not? So far that Mr. Right is going to help me achieve my dreams, supports me in my late night work etc. You know what? It is even hard for some people to support your dream because they feel you are supposed to be a mum, stay at home breast-feeding (babies). I played my role well as a wife. I cooked for him and took care of my home. I make sure that I do everything but he has to support my passion, if that is what will give me joy. But most men want their wives to stay at home and just be a mum. I have exposed my children to my business and I take them along. My daughter knows everything that I do. I can be so intimidating. I have been with someone who is far richer than me and I have been with someone that I am far richer than.

You set the internet on fire recently with a semi-nude photo you in a bathtub posted online. Why did you go to that extent to advertise a beauty product?

If I didn’t do that how do I convince my customers that the product is working? That wasn’t a nude photograph. Did you not see my hands across my chest with my products in-between? Just small thing and everybody was shouting. You know I schooled abroad where I learnt about beauty. I am very exposed and don’t see it as a big deal. Meanwhile, when Beyoncé does it they will be hailing her – or even Rihanna. People should just go and sit down because they are hypocrites.

You mean you don’t have any regrets?

What regrets? I am making money. You better look out for my next photographs. When people see my skin sparkling come and see the way they rush to get my products. I use strictly Tiannah Beauty Glow products. I don’t joke with my herbal magic polish. My black soap, my scrub –everything is Tiannah’s Glow.

Then you have tattoos in strategic places.

Yes. They are my children’s names and I carry them everywhere I go.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/toyin-lawani-shares-her-thoughts-on.html

Politics / Nigeria At 58: Atiku Blasts Buhari Govt, Outlines President’s Failures Since Ass by 11Ebiscoo: 6:27pm On Oct 01, 2018
A former vice president, Atiku Abubakar, has berated the President Muhammadu Buhari-led administration over its alleged failure to implement the change promised Nigerians in 2015.

Abubakar, a presidential aspirant under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, said the change promised Nigerians over three years ago by the current government was “empty and hollow.”

In a statement he personally signed to mark Nigeria’s 58th Independence anniversary, the Waziri of Adamawa said the current government has reversed the fortunes of the country.

The former vice president, while listing some of the failures of the current government, however expressed hope in the nation’s youths, who he said give hope for the future.

According to the statement, “My dear fellow citizens of our great nation Nigeria,

“On this occasion of our 58th Independence Anniversary, I bring you glad tidings. Although I am not glad about the state of our nation today, I am hopeful of a better tomorrow.

“You may ask why I am not glad. It should be obvious. A mere three years ago, we were the third fastest growing economy in the world. As I write this to you today, our fortunes have reversed to the point where we are now the world headquarters for extreme poverty, according to the World Poverty Clock and the World Economic Forum.

“The promise of change, which many Nigerians, myself included, celebrated three years ago, has been seen for what it is, a hollow and empty promise devoid of meaning and the incapacity of the promisor to deliver on his promises.

“Yet, I am hopeful, as you and your family should be. The indomitable Nigerian spirit gives me hope. Our youth, like the five girls from Regina Pacis Secondary School Onitsha, Anambra state, who won the 2018 World Technovation Challenge in the Silicon Valley, give us hope.

“Bright Nigerian youth, like Israel Zakari Galadima from Borno State, who emerged ‎the best overall student in the 2018 Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board’s University Matriculation Examinations (UME) after scoring 364, make us hopeful for the future.

“At the beginning of the year, we were shocked as a nation, by news from the National Bureau of Statistics, that 7.9 million Nigerians had lost their jobs in just 21 months. We were further shaken by the fact that Nigeria had overtaken India as the nation with the largest out of school children population in the world, even though India has seven times our population.

“We were further warned by one of the world’s largest banks, HSBC, that our economy faces challenges if we do not make certain personnel changes in the near future. These warnings were also corroborated by the world’s foremost economic magazine, The Economist.

“Indeed, this was not the Nigeria our founding fathers visualised. What they visualised was a Nigeria founded on unity, faith, peace and love. We owe it as a duty to keep faith with their vision.

“That is why today, I make bold to pledge that I will devote the rest of my life to building bridges across Nigeria in order that the founding fathers’ vision of unity, faith, peace and love, is materialised in my lifetime, so help me God. Those of us, who God has blessed with ability, also have a corresponding responsibility to use that ability for the common good of the collective.

“Nigerian youth are not lazy as some have said. They are desirous of working, but there is a dearth of jobs. This is why I have committed personal resources to open multiple businesses in 2018 to get as many unemployed Nigerians working again. This is why I set up animal feed plants to provide an alternative to animal grazing so that lives may be saved just as jobs are created. Our people should not have to give up their lands to save their lives.

“I call on others like me, who have entrepreneurial ability, to use such abilities to help assuage the chronic unemployment in the land. We owe it as a duty to our God, our founding fathers and our nation.

“I have much more to say on this issue. But for today, permit to say God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria and all her peoples. Happy Independence Day to you and your family.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/10/nigeria-at-58-atiku-blasts-buhari-govt.html

Politics / Oyo 2019: Ajimobi’s Camp Reacts To Alao-akala’s Reason For Pulling Out Guber Pri by 11Ebiscoo: 8:15pm On Sep 29, 2018
Bolaji Tunji, the Special Adviser to Governor Abiola Ajimobi on Communications and Strategy, has reacted to claims by ex-governor Adebayo Alao-Akala, alleging that Ajimobi had perfected plans to impose one Mr. Olasunkanmi Tegbe as the All Progressives the former, APC, standard bearer in the 2019 governorship election in Oyo State.

Alao-Akala had also accused Ajimobi of offering him a Ministerial slot to step down for Mr. Tegbe.

However, Tunji said it was surprising that such allegations could come from the highly-respected former governor.

Tunji said that Alao-Akala was part of the several meetings the governor had with the aspirants, where it was agreed that the aspirants should meet and present three of them.

“They, including Alao-Akala, agreed and signed that whoever emerged as the party’s candidate would be supported.

“The allegations against the governor are very untrue,” he told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Saturday.

Specifically, he described the allegations that Ajimobi had offered Alao-Akala a ministerial slot to pitch him against Shittu as untrue.

Tunji stated that Shittu had already taken permission from the president to contest the governorship seat in the state.

DAILY POST reports that Alao-Akala announced his withdrawal from the primaries, alleging lack of level playing field for all aspirants.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/oyo-2019-ajimobis-camp-reacts-to-alao.html

Politics / Osun Election Result: How Pdp’s Adeleke Reacted To Declaration Of Apc’s Oyetola by 11Ebiscoo: 9:08am On Sep 28, 2018
Sen. Ademola Adeleke, the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate in the Osun governorship election, has rejected the result of the rerun poll.

The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, in the early hours of Friday, declared Gboyega Oyetola winner of the contest, having satisfied the requirement of the law and scored the highest number of votes.

Adeleke, in a statement in Osogbo by his campaign organisation’s spokesperson, Mr Olawale Rasheed, said he would seek legal redress.

Alhaji Gboyega Oyetola, the APC candidate defeated Adeleke with 482 votes in the rerun poll.

Oyetola scored a total of 255,505 to defeat Adeleke who scored 255,023.

Adeleke, however, alleged that voters were deliberately refused access to polling points at gun points while those allowed to voting centres were forced to vote for APC.

He said PDP party agents were arrested, beaten up and shut out of polling centres while the roads were blocked to stop voters and observers.

“Applying all standards, today’s supplementary poll is a non-event as all norms of the electoral process are violated,” he said.

The campaign vowed to challenge the outcome legally.

The election was earlier declared inconclusive and a rerun ordered because the number of cancelled votes was higher than the margin between the two top candidates.

Adeleke then led the race with 254,698 votes, 353 votes more than his closest rival, Gboyega Oyetola of the APC.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/osun-election-result-how-pdps-adeleke.html

Celebrities / See What Happened To A Suspicious Owl In Delta Community (photos) by 11Ebiscoo: 8:21pm On Sep 26, 2018
Owls in Nigeria are suspected to be inhabited by witches. Tentative reports have shown that most local people are always suspicious of the bird which is most loved and cherished outside the country especially in the western world.
A beautiful owl in Agbaro, Delta State wasn’t spared as locals accused the bird of constituting a nuissance in the area. A social media user who watch the bird being hunted and burned has this to say:
“I was at agbaro Delta State earlier today when we spotted this bird on a tree. Almost the entire community were gathered and hell-bent on bringing it down claiming it’s has been terrorizing the place for a while.
I initially pled that they spare it life but they almost turned on me so I rested my case. They finally put it down and killed this harmless creature.
I came to conclusion that the ignorance with the black man is caused by religion. We are been held back by the chains of religion. Your opinion are welcome. No insult please.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/see-what-happened-to-suspicious-owl-in.html

Celebrities / Ray J Reveals Why He Won’t Disrespect Kim Kardashian Again by 11Ebiscoo: 1:08am On Sep 26, 2018
He is responsible for the sex tape which catapulted the Kardashians to fame .

However, Ray J’s days of bragging are behind him, as he refused to be drawn into the latest controversy involving his famous ex on Monday.

The singer was asked by TooFab to comment on the feud between Kanye West and Nick Cannon, after the former accused the latter of being disrespectful for discussing his wife in an interview.

What they’re going through, I don’t know,’ he said. ‘That’s some macho-macho kind of stuff that I don’t wanna be a part of.’

The 37-year-old, who dated Kim on-and-off for three years, was accompanied by his wife Princess Love and their four-month-old daughter Melody.

‘I haven’t really been paying attention to the back and forth between other parties,’ he said. ‘For me, I have to grow up and be my own man and look out for my own family and make sure that my wife and baby are comfortable with what I’m saying. So if that affects them then it affects me.’

‘If my wife says I can’t speak then that’s for sure. I gotta listen to her.

‘I’ve been disrespectful over the years in my career because I was living a young, turnt up life,’ he continued. ‘I’ve said a lot of crazy things about a lot of stuff.’

Indeed, in 2013 he released a track called ‘I Hit It First’, allegedly a diss track aimed at Kim and Kanye.

‘Looking back, I wouldn’t take anything back, but looking forward, I wouldn’t do it again,’ he said. ‘I would definitely think twice before I speak and take everybody’s feelings into consideration and not just mine.’

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/ray-j-reveals-why-he-wont-disrespect.html

Celebrities / Osun Election: Nollywood Actress, Ireti Doyle Speaks On Davido’s Active Involvem by 11Ebiscoo: 5:46pm On Sep 25, 2018
Nollywood actress, Iretiola Doyle has spoken on Davido’s active involvement in the politics of Osun state in the past few weeks.

Davido, whose uncle is the standard bearer of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in the yet to be concluded governorship election in the state, has been a strong youth mobiliser for the opposition party.

However, Mrs Doyle said if Nigerians had demonstrated a similar passion and fervour in politics as Davido, the nation would have escaped the political and socio-economic doldrums it has found itself in present times.

She went further to urge Nigerians to get their PVC and aggressively support the candidate of their choice during the 2019 elections.

Sharing a photo of Davido on Instagram, the actress wrote on her Instagram handle: “Who he’s campaigning for and why is immaterial and beside the point.

“The way I see it, if a quarter of us got involved and pursued our political preferences with as much passion, single-mindedness, loyalty, doggedness and “we die here” fervour that @davidoofficial has displayed and sustained over the last several days, it’s safe to say that the last 2 decades probably wouldn’t have gone down the way they have and we probably wouldn’t be in the current socio-political situation we are in.

“It doesn’t matter how cerebral or articulate you are; backseat driving and armchair political analysis don’t change a thing.

“Everyone is analysing what A, B, C and D are doing, the real question is what are you doing? How are you getting involved? What is your political preference and how are you ensuring that you are effectively represented?

“Alas, classic Nigerianese, you no go do, person wey gree do will be damned for doing… Na so!

“Davido has found his “why”. I am PVC ready currently on the lookout for my “why”. A candidate whose politics I agree with, who I feel I can trust.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/osun-election-nollywood-actress-ireti.html

Politics / APC Will Not Send ‘opportunists’ Again To National Assembly – Oshiomhole by 11Ebiscoo: 9:53am On Sep 25, 2018
The National Chairman of the All Progressives Congress, Adams Oshiomhole, has vowed that the party will not field ‘opportunists’ who seek to use the party’s platform to pursue their selfish interests in 2019.

He said the APC had learnt from its past mistakes and would not take for granted the powers of National Assembly.

Oshiomhole said this while addressing members of the APC Governorship and National Assembly screening committees in Abuja, on Monday.

According to him, the ruling party will henceforth make amends by ensuring that “bread and butter politicians” were not given the party’s tickets to contest the forthcoming general elections.

The APC National Chairman again accused two Principal Officers of the National Assembly; Bukola Saraki and Yakubu Dogara of placing personal interests over national interest.

He said, “We do not want to field opportunists who are simply seeking a political vehicle for some selfish purposes.

“What has happened in recent past is enough for us to begin to look at the character of those who are seeking office in the APC platform.

“If before now we have taken for granted the powers of the National Assembly, how those powers can be used for national goals and how it can also be misused to undermine national progress.

“The current situation we are facing here, where two principal officers have chosen to put their personal interests over and above the national interest.

“Refusing to consider budget meant for physical infrastructure. Budget meant to re-order the way our budget is executed, to move money away from consumption, which recurrent expenditure represents, to capital projects, which will benefit our people.

“Henceforth, only persons with the intellectual capacity to carry out oversight functions to ensure that Nigerians get value for money would be those considered worthy of the party’s tickets.”

He also said it was sad that the National Assembly was delaying the passage of the budget of the Independent National Electoral Commission for the 2019 elections.

He further assured the 57 senators, who remained faithful to the party during the trying times will not be abandoned.

“For us as a party, we have chosen to learn from the positive lessons from this development so that we do not repeat those mistakes by selecting people who as far as human capacity is we can assess and predict that if elected, they will remain faithful not only to our party but more importantly to the Nigerian nation.

“As we speak, I am proud that we have 57 senators who have refused to be induced or misled or otherwise manipulated into moving to other parties or reward for juicy positions.

“It will be ungodly for us as a party not to reward those who believe in the party and the government of the day led by President Muhammadu Buhari,” Oshiomhole added.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/apc-will-not-send-opportunists-again-to.html

Politics / Declare Adeleke Winner Of Osun Guber Poll Now – David Mark Tells INEC by 11Ebiscoo: 2:10pm On Sep 24, 2018
Former President of the Senate and leading Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Presidential aspirant, Senator David Mark has asked the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to do the needful by declaring Senator Ademola Adeleke winner of the last Saturday’s governorship election in Osun State.

Speaking in Abuja Monday, Mark said it was incontrovertible that results announced by the electoral umpire showed that Adeleke of the PDP scored the majority of the lawful votes cast.

He said: “the declaration of the election by INEC as inconclusive is setting a dangerous precedence and ultimately a threat to democracy”.

Mark maintained that the election complied with all known electoral guidelines and was, therefore, conclusive, arguing that the only logical thing to do is to declare Adeleke the winner forthwith.

According to Mark, “INEC should demonstrate its independent. This twist is an affront to the good people of Osun State and Nigerians whose wishes are being manipulated.

“The All Progressives Congress (APC) must accept the result of the Osun governorship election. This antic of changing the rules of the game when it does not favour them is a dangerous phenomenon and a serious threat to democracy.

“Our party, the PDP has been law abiding. We have always complied even in extreme and glaring cases of infractions against us. I expect the APC to lead by example and accept the verdict of the Osun election as expressed by majority of Osun people”.

Senator Mark, however, told PDP faithful to remain calm and law-abiding believing that justice will prevail in Osun gubernatorial election.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/declare-adeleke-winner-of-osun-guber.html

1 Like

Celebrities / Ras Kimono’s Wife, Mena Okedi Reportedly Dies In Lagos by 11Ebiscoo: 4:58pm On Sep 23, 2018
Efemena Okedi, the wife of the late reggae icon, Ras Kimono, has been reported dead.

Okedi is said to have died in the early hours of Sunday at her residence in Magodo Isheri, Lagos, Pulse reports.

Okedi’s death was confirmed by Michael Odiong, project manager at Premier Music.

Okedi was the third wife of the music legend and also Kimono’s manager and a member of his band while she was alive.

Her death comes three months after her husband passed away in a Lagos hospital.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/ras-kimonos-wife-mena-okedi-reportedly.html

Politics / Buhari Jets Out To New York For UN General Assembly by 11Ebiscoo: 7:09am On Sep 23, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari will on Sunday depart for New York to attend the 73rd Session of United Nations General Assembly (UNGA73) which officially opened September 18, 2018.

The theme for this year’s Session is:
“Making the United Nations relevant to all People: Global Leadership and Shared Responsibilities for Peaceful, Equitable and Sustainable Societies.”

In a statement by the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, says, the high point of President Buhari’s participation will be his address on Tuesday to the General Assembly on the opening day of the General Debate.

The President’s presentation of Nigeria’s National Statement is expected to reaffirm the nation’s commitment to international peace and security; sustainable socio-economic development; disarmament and denuclearisation; youth and women empowerment; climate change; rule of law and human rights; among others.

He is also expected to canvass for the international support for the fight against corruption; the return of illicit assets; counter-terrorism and insurgency; curbing irregular migration; re-settling Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs); recharging the receding Lake Chad; and calls for the reform of the United Nations, especially the expansion of the permanent membership of the Security Council to make that vital principal organ of the global organisation reflect regional and equitable geographical representation.

The President and his wife, Aisha, will also attend a welcome reception hosted by the UN Secretary-General, Antonio Guterres and his spouse for Heads of State and Government and their spouses.

President Buhari and his delegation will participate in a High-Level meeting on the Fight against Tuberculosis organised by the World Health Organisation as Nigeria currently ranks seventh amongst the high TB-burden countries globally, and second in Africa.

The Nigerian delegation is expected to attend the Mandela Peace Summit, which is a High-Level Meeting on Global Peace in honour of the centenary birth of the late South African President and Nobel Peace Prize winner, Nelson Mandela.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/buhari-jets-out-to-new-york-for-un.html

Politics / APC Vs PDP: Tambuwal Has My Blessings For 2019 Presidency – Babangida by 11Ebiscoo: 2:22pm On Sep 22, 2018
Former military president, Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida has said that Sokoto State Governor, Aminu Waziri Tambuwal has his blessings in his aspiration for the 2019 presidential election.

Babangida said this when he hosted Tambuwal and his team at his Hilltop residence in Minna on Saturday.

He said Tambuwal is a grounded politician who understands the challenges of the country and has the potentials to fix them.

The former leader lauded Tambuwal for promoting peace, rule of law and unity during his reign as Speaker of the House of Representatives.

“I am very proud that you belong to the generation that want to keep Nigeria as one. You have a good team to keep that.

“I have no doubt that Nigerians will give you the opportunity to put these good ideas for the good of the country..

“You know the country, you understand the challenges of the country. I trust you will work base on your conviction for this country.

“You have my blessings and I will keep monitoring to ensure you don’t deviate,” Babangida said.

Tambuwal said he was in Minna as part of his nationwide consultation to seek the blessings of the former leader.

He said IBB and others fought to keep Nigeria as one but that it is unfortunate that the country is now divided along ethnic and religious lines. He promised to serve as a bridge and a unifier when elected as the president.

“Mr President Sir , we are here also to drink from your fountain of knowledge and experience and to consult you on this all important mission of not only securing the flag of our party the PDP in the 2019 Presidential election but also eventually by the grace of God getting elected as the president of this great country.

The former Speaker of the House of Representatives vowed that he will assemble the best brains to turn around the economy of the country and restore the confidence of Nigerians in the government.

He also pledged to ensure devolution of powers to states, so that among other things, funds are available to states to carry out meaningful projects.

“I believe in the devolution of power to state. We will ensure states get more fundings for them to be able to carry out meaningful projects in their domain,” he said.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/apc-vs-pdp-tambuwal-has-my-blessings.html

Politics / 2019: Why APC May Lose Bauchi – Party Chieftain, Ali Pate by 11Ebiscoo: 8:33am On Sep 22, 2018
A former Minister of State for Health, Dr. Ali Pate, has warned that the All Progressives Congress, APC can lose Bauchi State if it goes ahead with the indirect primary.

He said it would also be detrimental to the party if it presents an unpopular governorship candidate.

Pate, a governorship aspirant on the platform of the ruling party, said this in an interview with journalists in Abuja, on Friday.

The former Minister spoke after he was screened by the APC panel set up to screen governorship aspirants.

According to him, the preference of most aspirants for the direct primary was to eliminate corruption and provide a level playing field for all aspirants.

Pate said, “We have made our case, if the party wants to win Bauchi State, it should put forward a credible, popular candidate.

“At this point, we know that the mass of people in Bauchi State are worried that an imposition will not stand well in the general elections.

“So, we place our faith on the leadership of the party to do the right thing and allow fair process to play out otherwise we cannot guarantee the APC winning Bauchi State.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/2019-why-apc-may-lose-bauchi-party.html

Celebrities / Bloody Clash! Many Injured As Muslims & Oro Worshipers Clash In Oyo State (warni by 11Ebiscoo: 6:18pm On Sep 21, 2018
A clash between Oro worshipers and Muslims in Iseyin area of Oyo state last night, reportedly left so many people injured.

It was gathered that the attack which was reportedly unprovoked and ended with adherents of both religions critically injured, occurred after the Oro worshippers allegedly attacked Muslims and their stones at their mosque while the annual Oro festival was taking place in Iseyin, Oyo State.

The attack reportedly led to the arrest of the Oro Priest. Here are photos below (Viewer’s discretion is advised)

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/bloody-clash-many-injured-as-muslims.html

Sports / BREAKING!! Amanju Pinnick Wins NFF Election For The Second Time by 11Ebiscoo: 4:26pm On Sep 20, 2018
Amaju Melvin Pinnick made history Thursday afternoon in Katsina as the first president of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) to be re-elected for a second term in office.

He scored 34 votes out of the 44 polled by the NFF Congress members. Aminu Maigari got eight, while Taiwo Ogunjobi scored two. The fourth candidate, Chinedu Okoye got no vote.

The fresh four-year mandate is to enable Pinnick complete the job of making Nigeria football become self-reliant.

Pinnick, who also doubles as the 1st Vice President of the Confederation of Africa Football (CAF), is by this election also to lead NFF to the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

Also returned to office is the 1st Vice President of NFF, Seyi Akinwunmi, who defeated Sunday Dele-Ajayi 41-2. One vote was voided.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/breaking-amanju-pinnick-wins-nff.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (of 13 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 216
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.