Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,364 members, 7,819,313 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

11Ebiscoo's Posts

Nairaland Forum / 11Ebiscoo's Profile / 11Ebiscoo's Posts

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (of 13 pages)

Celebrities / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Wins 2019 Everett M. Rogers Award by 11Ebiscoo: 3:49pm On Sep 20, 2018
Prominent Nigerian novelist and writer, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie has been honored with the 2019 Everett M. Rogers Award.

The annual award is named in honor of the late USC Annenberg professor Everett M. Rogers. It is presented every year by the Norman Lear Center at the University of Southern California (USC) on behalf of the university’s Annenberg School for Communication and Journalism.

The prolific writer is being honored for “reframing the discourse on race, gender and identity”. She will receive the award and speak at the USC Annenberg School in February 2019.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/chimamanda-ngozi-adichie-wins-2019.html

Politics / Buhari Reportedly Stops Police From Summoning Adeleke by 11Ebiscoo: 3:11am On Sep 20, 2018
President Muhammadu Buhari has reportedly ordered Ibrahim Idris, the Inspector-General of Police, not to invite Ademola Adeleke, candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Osun State for questioning.

DAILY POST had reported that the Nigeria Police had summoned Adeleke for alleged examination malpractice and criminal conspiracy, just few days to the governorship election in Osun.

But a presidential source told reporters on Wednesday that Buhari had ordered the IGP not to go ahead with the invitation.

Channels reports that Buhari ordered that Adeleke should not be invited until after Saturday’s election.

Force Spokesman, Jimoh Moshood had in a statement Wednesday said Adeleke and Sikiru, his brother, sat for the National Examination Council Examination (NECO) as internal candidates in 2017, “impersonating” students of OJO/Aro Community Grammar School in Osun state.

Moshood said the alleged crime was facilitated by the principal of the school, and two other members of staff of the school for which they are under investigation and being charged to court.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/buhari-reportedly-stops-police-from.html

Celebrities / Davido 1st Baby Mama, Sophia Momodu Shares Daunting Photos by 11Ebiscoo: 2:55pm On Sep 19, 2018
Davido first baby mama Sophia Momodu has shared stunning new photos of herself and her followers can’t keep calm.

Spotted rocking a leopard skin printed shirt and shorts to match, Sophia was sure to nail the photo with her priceless feature, a smile, endearing the hearts of many to her

The model and business woman is known for her dedication to her work as she has reduced her social media presence after her split with the sensational singer

Despite the fact that she is now a mother, she makes effort to slay and fascinate her numerous followers on Instagram. The mother of one has declared on social media that she is putting more energy in making her daughter happy by co-parenting well with Davido even as both parties become romantically linked with other persons

Check out the photos;

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/davido-1st-baby-mama-sophia-momodu.html

Sports / Liverpool Vs PSG: Tuchel Declines Comment On Neymar’s Role by 11Ebiscoo: 10:03am On Sep 18, 2018
Paris Saint-Germain manager, Thomas Tuchel, has refused to reveal what position Neymar might play against Liverpool tonight.

Liverpool welcome the Ligue 1 champions to Anfield for their Champions League opener on Tuesday night.

Reds boss, Jurgen Klopp, had already talked of the importance of stopping the supply to Neymar, with the Brazilian operating as a No.10, centre-forward and left winger for PSG this season.

Tuchel would not say what Neymar’s role will be against the Reds, but confirmed that the Brazilian would start the game.

“I will not tell, of course,” Tuchel said when asked where Neymar might play.

“What is sure is that he will play, but in which role, I will not tell.

“It’s never a risk to trust (Angel) Di Maria. In which role though, same as Neymar – I cannot tell you. It would make it very easy for Liverpool to prepare.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/liverpool-vs-psg-tuchel-declines.html

Celebrities / Pastor Adeboye Denies Calling Tinubu On Phone Over Ambode by 11Ebiscoo: 2:38pm On Sep 17, 2018
Pastor E.A Adeboye has denied reports which say he had a phone conversation with Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.

Reports had it that the general overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God called Tinubu over the re-election bid of Governor Akinwunmi Ambode of Lagos State.

Lately, they’ve been reports that Tinubu is no longer supporting his godson Ambode, and that he has thrown the All Progressives Congress tickets for next year’s governorship elections in the state open.

Denying reports that he called Tinubu concerning Ambode’s bid to get the party’s ticket, Pastor Adeboye took to social media where he wrote:

”Our attention has been drawn to news making the rounds from dailies especially the New Telegraph Pastor E.A Adeboye, the General Overseer of the RCCG had a recent phone conversation with the Leader of the All Progressive Congress (APC). We would like to inform the general public that this is false and Pastor E.A Adeboye has not and would not be involved in inter /intra party politics in Nigeria and anywhere RCCG is present across the world. Pastor E.A Adeboye advices all well meaning Nigerians just like him to get their PVC’s and exercise their civic duty.

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/pastor-adeboye-denies-calling-tinubu-on.html

Celebrities / Hailey Baldwin Shuts Down Rumors Of Marriage With Justin Bieber by 11Ebiscoo: 5:51pm On Sep 15, 2018
Top American model, Hailey Baldwin has denied reports that she and Justin Bieber are officially married.

Sharing on social media, Hailey Baldwin wrote: “I understand where the speculation is coming from, but I’m not married yet!”

The People had earlier reported that the model and her fiance Justin Bieber married in a New York courthouse on Thursday.

An unnamed source quoted by People said that the couple also obtained their marriage license earlier that day.

Hailey Baldwin and Justin Bieber got engaged two months ago in the Bahamas.

According to People, the couple whom they say got married on Thursday are planning a “big blowout, in front of God and everyone they love.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/hailey-baldwin-shuts-down-rumors-of.html

Celebrities / I Sold A Painting For Over $140m Dollars – Minjin by 11Ebiscoo: 7:05am On Sep 15, 2018
Adewale Lawanson, popularly known as Minjin, is an all-round creative person. The singer whose songs are hits unveiled a new side of him as a visual artist recently. In this interview with LEADERSHIP Weekend,the versatile artiste, who’s also a beat maker, speaks on his journey in visual arts since 2006.

Not people know that you are also a visual artist, what kind of arts do you do?

I am into a lot of mixed media arts, realism, super realism, abstract arts and all kind of stuff basically. I work with my imaginations a lot and I also work with what I see around me. I try to depict the African culture in my arts because this is where I am from and if I can showcase Africa in my arts, people from outside can understand where I am from and can appreciate it. So my art is basically about African culture, not just Nigeria. Some cultures don’t wear clothes, some have big ear piercings, so I study other cultures apart from Nigerian cultures.

When did you start this?

I have been doing this since 2006 but music took a lot of my time leaving me with no time for my arts. But you know, something that is always inside you will always prick you and tell you to harness it. So I decided I wanted to take it seriously and started participating in exhibitions on a low key. Now it has grown bigger because my clientele has grown bigger. I have a lot of clients that ask for my paintings. I had to start working more extensively, doing bigger works. I have my own studio now and I am doing my exhibition soon.

Do you think people will take this seriously?

That is why people like you are here to be affiliated with the fact that it pays because I have clienteles. Art is not for everybody, it is not like music. Arts is basically for people that feel they need to have it in their homes as a result of their stability financially or their status.

Although my own art is not just for those people, I have arts for people that are average because I do all kind of sizes. I am not doing arts for money, I am doing art for legacy. I want to have a name, I want to be like a Picasso and Michelangelo, people that have done things and are still being remembered and talked about, so that when I pass on eventually, my children can stand and sell my paintings to millions of fans, art is not perishable. The great Mona Lisa painting was sold for millions of pounds.

However, I think people will take me seriously because I have my own clientele. They might not even be interested in my music, they are really rich important people that just like paintings. I have people from America, Australia and Ghana. I ship my work abroad.

Which one pays you more, your art or music?

I am also a music producer which has even paid me more because I really do songs and collaboration with lot of artistes. I know the Nigerian music industry is not stable until you get the big break. But when upcoming artiste in Nigeria call me to produce beats for them, most times they cannot even afford to pay N50, 000 for the job. But a Nigerian upcoming artiste in America can afford to give you $500, 000 per beat. So music pays me. I do shows as well. I had a tour late last year in Malaysia and it fetched me some cash and I’m planning on another tour this year. Music is paying me, art is paying me but for which pays more, I just have to say that art is priceless whereas there is a price to performance.

I once sold a painting for over $140m. I don’t think any musician is being paid that to perform. But if I must answer the question, then art for me is paying me more now.

But don’t you think this would affect your music?

No! It won’t affect my music. It just depends on how much time you put into it. As a musician, there are sometimes that you have to go out of town to mingle, meet people, now my circle is now divided into two: I have the music fans and the art clientele. Mostly the music can be all that your fans see about you and cherish. So I prioritise my time. I pay cognisance to how I spend my time, it is not disturbing me. In the night, I don’t paint much because of my eyes. I work in the studio at night but during the day when I wake up where I’m supposed to just relax and rest after long hours at the night, I am painting again. So I think it is helping me to manage my time well actually.

So how has your painting evolved over the years looking at where you started?

Sometimes when you’re doing something, even in music, you need to carve a niche for yourself. Even if it’s not the best but let it be the most unique thing that you do. My art talents was bubbling forth within me before as I was seeing art around me and trying to create a landscape and other things but I discovered that we have a lot of people painting at Oshodi bus-stop for Nigeria. There is a man called Haliki, he is a Nigerian painter and he amazes me, more of abstract expressionism. Even if you don’t check his name, if you check one of his work and then check another work, you can guess it was the same painter that did both. But for some people, if you see their work, you can’t tell things like this. So I have been able to find the perfect niche for myself in that regard. Although I do portrait for people, I can paint you but when it is for exhibitions, I focus on a particular style and that is expressionism, that is my strongest point, but I still do hyperrealism very well. People that can do that are much but what I do I am sure if I create a very unique style for myself, you will pay me to teach you how I did it. So I have that part of my paintings but I still do the regular because Nigerians have a kind of notion to certain things. Like if you do abstract, some people will say it is scary, some people will want to see an abstract they cannot understand, others want to see what they understand, so you have to satisfy different taste.

Did you have a formal training in arts?

I am a self-trained painter. But apprenticeship is ideal so I did that for about a year and from there I started learning from a lot of people like bigger painters. I didn’t know I was going to take it serious. I did my apprenticeship with Lanre, somewhere in Ikeja. I know how much he sold his work at the time. By the time I was done there, I did my painting and it was sold for N50, 000. The populace and late minister and arts collector, Chief Rasheed Gbadamosi bought it. I was probably 16 years or 17 years then. And my boss that taught me on the street has never even sold a painting of N50, 000. So I am telling myself why didn’t he move from there and go for the bigger picture? Now, I charge in dollars for my paintings. I wish I can use this art to connect to people, even children that don’t go to get formal education that with your street skills or raw talent you can make things happen, it is only for you to channel yourself in the right direction and work with the right people, people that can really help you up and push your creativity, you are limitless. There are so many graduates in Nigeria that are not making money and there are people that didn’t go to school and are making money, it is just for you to channel that skill into satisfying both the illiterates, literate, the high class, middle class, lower class and then you will see the result.

So do you think being a musician gave you an edge in doing what you doing?

I don’t think it gave me an edge as a painter, it only attracted people to know that he is a star but the truth is that the buyers don’t care about that, they care about the quality you are delivering. Most people are critical about their art, if it’s not good enough they don’t buy it because it is their money they’re spending. But I think it would bring some sort of love for me because some people find out that I sing after checking my profile.

If a client calls you to do a nude painting for them, will you do it?

By all means I will do it. I have done it for people before. I am used to seeing naked people, not because it’s what I like to do but because I have to understand it’s what the work demands. It is just like we studied in school, we need to know the anatomy and body parts and know how to draw them.

So have you ever had a situation where you were aroused?

When I am working I take my mind off and focus on what I am doing but that doesn’t mean that if it’s looking so good I will not say it is nice in my mind because it is nice. But I will never open my mouth to say it. I just do what I have to do, then later I would be like God save me again today.

But are there people in Nigeria that patronise you for nude paintings?

Yes, basically young ladies. But I have gotten a picture to paint for a pregnant woman, she covered some parts because I am sure her husband will not let me draw his naked wife.

Which area is your specialty?

I would just say abstract expression is my strongest part. I have mentors outside the country, professors at American universities or French universities; I watch them paint live online. All these people are people that have shaped my mind into knowing that art is not just for your immediate environment.

Music wise, what are you currently working on?

I just shot a video for my new single ‘Slowly.’ I did a bit of dance because I can dance and it came out really fantastic. The video will be out in a week from now. And I did a bit of sketch in it because it is a love song. The song is about a guy in love with a girl, trying to express his love in the best way he can. But he’s not extravagant but just wanted to give her the true because most times people are preaching love but love is supposed to be for free. So I am just trying to bring back that pure love. It is still danceable even in the club, like an afrobeat, you can also listen to it with your loved ones. The message is strong.

Have you ever wondered how some artistes like Davido made it in a short period?

This is something that always comes to my mind but one thing I discovered is that sometimes we don’t use our strength the right way, we are more focused on just one thing. I have always wanted to do an art meet music event, if I had started it like probably four to five years ago it might have been big deal now but because I was thinking I just want my song to go far, I would have been able to marry them together, that I am doing now and I am getting the attention that I want now. Another thing is sometimes, if your management is not the right management it will crash your talent , just like putting a square peg in a round hole, it may not work out not because it is not good, both parties might even be good but it just doesn’t work out as planned sometimes. So that is some of the things artistes face, I faced it, other artistes will face it and some are still facing it. It will still happen in the future. But I hope for the best and I know bigger things are coming my way but I have let my mistakes go. That is why I say management comes in because sometimes when new artistes come in they don’t know what they want. When asked what they want all they say is “I want to blow.” But to blow there is a lot of things that surrounds it, the things you say, where you go to but some want to be everywhere, being everywhere doesn’t make you 100 per cent. It is choosing the right place to go and being with the right people.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/i-sold-painting-for-over-140m-dollars.html

Politics / DSS Boss: Shehu Sani Lists 7 Things Magaji Must Do by 11Ebiscoo: 8:35am On Sep 14, 2018
Senator representing Kaduna Central Senatorial district, Shehu Sani has described the newly appointed DSS Boss, Yusuf Magaji as a thorough bred professional who is suitable for the job.

Reacting on his Facebook page, he advised him to be professional in his line of duties, while tasking him to respect fundamental human rights.

He wrote:

“Congratulations to the new DSS Boss, Yusuf Magaji Bichi. He’s an experienced hand and a thorough bred professional.

“Seven advice: Act professionally, respect fundamental rights of citizens and obey court orders, end kidnapping and free hostages, annihilate and asphyxiate terror.

“Be non partisan, improve the welfare of personnel, and make a difference in the faltering security situation in the country.

“Ethnic, religious and regional champions should pocket their sentiments and give him a chance to succeed.”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/dss-boss-shehu-sani-lists-7-things.html

Politics / SEE DANGER: Atiku Raises Alarm Over Alleged Threat To Life by 11Ebiscoo: 9:58pm On Sep 13, 2018
…Petitions Buhari

Former Vice President, Atiku Abubakar, has raised the alarm over alleged threat to his life and those of his family members.

In a petition to President Muhammadu Buhari, dated September 7, 2018, Atiku linked the alleged threat to his decision to contest the 2019 presidential election on the platform of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP).

The petition, a copy of it was sent to the national chairman of the PDP, Prince Uche Secondus, urged President Buhari to urgently probe the allegation

The petition was titled “Petition Over Criminal Intimidation And Threat To My Life, That Of Members Of My Family, And Cyber Stalking Using Mobile Phone Number 08148228704”.

Apparently apprehensive over the alleged threat, Atiku had requested more police protection for himself and his family from President Buhari.

Atiku stated in the petition that his wife and daughters had received separate text messages from a mobile line, demanding that their patriarch backed out of the presidential race, failing which they would be raped and killed.

The former Vice President added that the author of the threat text messages had stated that members of his family were being closely watched.

Urging the President to urgently order investigation into the matter, Atiku warned that the threat could lead to serious security breach and that it posed real danger to national security.

The petition read in part, “I present my highest compliments to the president and Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and have the honour to request your excellency’s kind review/investigation and urgent consideration of extra protection for my family and I against some criminal intimidation and threat to my life, that of my family, and the cyber stalking against my family and I, using telephone mobile number +2348148228704”.

Atiku in the petition said the author of the message had threatened that if he did not withdraw from the presidential contest, “We will kill, and rape your wife and daughters”.

He added that the stalker had mentioned two of his daughters – Mariam who works at the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN$ and Fatima, a former commissioner in Adamawa State.

According to him, the author of the said threat message had also threatened to blow up his plane and poison him and members of his family.
Read Also: Atiku begs Lamido to step down for him

“We will blow your plane off the sky and we will poison you and your family. You are going to see what we will do with your family. We know where and where your children travel to”, he quoted the from the threat message.

The author of the said message was also said to have threatened to blow up all his property and those of his wife.

“We control the aviation towers in Nigeria and South Africa. We are in government and Buhari will win again. Your party members will never select you and if they do, we will assassinat (sic) you. We will kill you by blowing up your plane”, the threat message further stated.

Atiku further stated that in separate text messages to his wife and daughters, the author had asked them to ask him to back down from the contest or they would be harmed.

Concluding the petition, Atiku stated, “From the foregoing, Mr President can see that if adequate and urgent steps are not taken to identify and deal with these threats, they could lead to serious breaches and may constitute real danger to national security.

“Considering that these threats border on the right to life of my family and I, as well as my freedom to aspire for and contest for the Presidency in Nigeria, I urge you to commence urgent investigation with a view to identifying the person(s) behind the threats, expose and prosecute the culprit(s) in accordance with the laws.

“I request that you ensure the continued protection of my rights to life, that of my family, my property and my rights and freedoms to associate and aspire to any political office as guaranteed under the 1999 Nigerian Constitution (as amended)”.

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/see-danger-atiku-raises-alarm-over.html

Celebrities / Eucharia Anunobi Holds Memorial/thanksgiving Service For Late Son (photos) by 11Ebiscoo: 9:54am On Sep 13, 2018
It was a gathering of friends and colleagues on Sunday September 9, 2018 when actress, Eucharia Anunobi had a memorial service for her late son, Raymond Ekwu.

15-year-old Raymond Ekwul died on Monday August 21, 2017 having suffered from complications associated with the sickle cell disease.

The late teenager was the only product of her marriage to ex husband, Charles Ekwu, who walked away from the marriage some years ago.

Dressed in a red frock, Eucharia is doing all she could not only to get over this pain, but encouraging those experiencing one form of challenge or the other. Her social media pages are more of motivational talks and sermons.
The actress, who celebrated her late son’s 16th birthday earlier in the year also confessed that the death was as a result of a doctor’s negligence.

In the interview she said, “I have not removed my mourning clothes, neither have I opened my hair since the death of my son. I have only been wearing white since his demise and the reason I have maintained this is because my son was a good boy to me; but he was mistakenly killed by the doctor.”

Meanwhile, sharing photos from the event, actress Lillian Bach captioned, “At the #memorial and #thanksgiving service of @euchariaanunobi’s son earlier today. #sleeponson”
Sharing photos from the event, actress Lillian Bach captioned, “At the #memorial and #thanksgiving service of @euchariaanunobi ‘s son earlier today. #sleeponson”

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/eucharia-anunobi-holds.html

Politics / Why Police Arrest Evans Lawyer, Ogungbeje Will Shock You by 11Ebiscoo: 12:16pm On Sep 12, 2018
The Lagos State Police Command has arrested Olukoya Ogungbeje, lawyer to the alleged billionaire kidnapper, Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike, aka, Evans.

The lawyer was arrested on Wednesday morning.

According to Punch, the officers who were from the State Criminal Investigation Department, Panti, arrested the lawyer as he parked his car at the Federal High Court in Ikoyi.

DAILY POST earlier reported that Justice Hakeem Oshodi of an Ikeja High Court, Lagos on Tuesday warned counsel to Chukwudumeme Onwuamadike, otherwise known as Evans that further delays would not be tolerated in the ongoing trial.

Justice Oshodi gave the warning following a 30-minute war of words with Mr Chinonye Obiagwu, Evans’ new defence counsel who had prayed for an adjournment to study the case file.

Details later…

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/why-police-arrest-evans-lawyer.html

Celebrities / Daniella Okeke Says She’s Ready To Speak On Alleged Affair With Apostle Suleiman by 11Ebiscoo: 8:06am On Sep 12, 2018
Actress Daniella Okeke, who was once accused of having a sexual relationship with married pastor, Apostle Johnson Suleiman, has expressed willingness to address the allegations.

In a new social media post, she slammed bloggers for the way they reported the issue. Sharing a lovely picture, she captioned it:

I AM A QUEEN �
PUT SOME RESPECT ON MY NAME YOU FOOLS CALLED BLOGGERS / CHEAP GOSSIPS
SOME RUBBISH NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED SOON I THINK I VE KEPT MUTE FOR TOO LONG..ITS TIME TO SPEAK UP FOR MYSELF
#DANIELLAOKEKE #GODOVEREVERYTHING #MYNEWDAWN

http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/daniella-okeke-says-shes-ready-to-speak.html

Celebrities / Tim Godfrey Tired Of Being A Single Father, Searches For Wife by 11Ebiscoo: 7:13pm On Sep 10, 2018
Gospel musician Tim Godfrey has announced that he is in search of a woman who would be his better-half.

In a chat with SUN , the Gospel singer and single dad had quite alot to say.

Read excerpts:

People say you are the Nigerian version of Kirk Franklin, Micah Stampley and Travis Greene. How does that make you feel?

Yes, people have likened me more to Kirk Franklin. Kirk was one of the guys that changed gospel music in America, despite that he was highly criticised. They could say that about me right now because my sound is not religious. I have also got to the level that I have created my own brand. These people and I are very close now and we relate together as international artistes. A lot of people now want to sound like us. Things have really changed such that people want to be like Tim Godfrey.

Are you also of the view that gospel music doesn’t really fetch so much money as secular ones?

I am not into music because of fame or fortune. It was more about God’s kingdom.

Who would have been paying your bills?

God supplies all needs. I have a business part, like you see in my office. That is not to say that we don’t get honorarium. The gospel genre is more consistent than the secular and I think it keeps growing. I don’t believe in complaining. I believe in change and we are bringing in the necessary change right now.

Recall the first time you appeared on a big stage, how was the experience for you?

I think it was Kora Awards in 2006, in South Africa. But the biggest platform was The Experience where we had over 500,000 people in attendance. I have also been in so many big shows in America and across Africa.

What challenges do you face as a single father?

Men! You don do too much research on top my matter o! I have never talked about that. Okay, my son stays with me. I basically now respect women more because I do all that women do, since I never liked the idea of having a maid. I have to make sure I take care of him, take him to school, drop him off, cook for him and so on. I feel that we don’t give as much credit to women.

Are you considering marriage anytime soon?

Absolutely! It is one of the things I am hoping would happen this year or hopefully next year.

What’s your kind of lady?

If I meet the person, I will know. But for now, I am still very single. I don’t think there is anything that is ideal about any human being. Some look at the outwards, but I think I like a lady that is very intelligent. I am matured enough to know what relationship is about. I can’t wait to get married.

Are you in a relationship right now?

I am not. I am a very honest person. But I am looking forward to get into one.

Tim is a fine guy, rich, intelligent and very talented. How do you manage female fans that want more from you?

I’ve not really had too much of issues with female fans because I have been able to set standards, to cover me up. I don’t give anybody my contacts. I change my line every two years, just in case it spreads out. If some stubborn ladies push beyond (the limit), I think I have been able to handle it. I can’t get vulnerable. I try to be very careful as much as I can.

What sort of feeling do you get when you hear that some gospel artistes are promiscuous?

I think we are all human. The reason why you are accused is because you are a celebrity. The people that accuse them are probably not clean too. We all have to be very careful to avoid all sorts, but we all make mistakes. Even as a man of God, you are first a man.

What’s your assessment of gospel music in Nigeria?

I think it is doing very well. I am not a fan of that phrase – gospel music. I do kingdom sounds. I do whatever God lays in my heart. Anyone that does love songs, in as much as he’s not vulgar, he’s a gospel artiste. I listen to all songs- Wizkid, Davido, and Tiwa etc. I listen to everybody. I believe that you can do whatever you choose to do, so long as you are touching lives. I don’t believe in vulgarism and videos where breasts are revealed. There is always a sound for every situation.

In one of your performances, you said that you were able to mobilise some millions of naira for a convert. How did you go about that?

I can’t remember saying that but that should be about ‘Fearless’. It has been a God’s project. I can only say God funded everything. I honestly do think that God is my source. Next year, it’s going to be in Eko Hotels. I am one of those people that believe in breaking barriers. I sometimes sell my belongings to get it done. The biggest failure is when you don’t try at all.

How rich is Tim Godfrey?

I am just a houseboy. I can never say that I am rich. All you see me do is taking bold steps.

If you are not rich, how come you have a house in Lekki?

(Laughs) Who told you I have a house in Lekki? Honestly, you can’t compare the little things people like us have to what many others have. I am not greedy. As I am, I can carry plantains on my head and walk on the street. My first night in Lagos was (spent) under the bridge in Oshodi. About six to 12 of us lived in one room. So, I have seen that part of life that nothing moves me at all. I have been a music director for 24 years and I have been doing it professionally for 14 years now. If I was doing secular, I probably would have been an uncle to most people they call legends now, but I wait on God and I am very comfortable with myself. So, I think I am just a normal guy. I am not yet there. When I get there, you will know.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/tim-godfrey-tired-of-being-single.html

Celebrities / A Man Touched My Breasts To Confirm It’s Real – Actress, Seun Omojola by 11Ebiscoo: 6:43pm On Sep 09, 2018
Curvy Nollywood actress, Seun Omojola has revealed some of the struggles she faces, especially walking in Lagos, due to the size of her breasts.

In an interview with Punch Newspaper’s Sunday Scoop, Omojola also talks about how her breast size distinguished her among peers when growing up.

The filmmaker said, “When I go to the market, especially Yaba Market, I get a lot of unpleasant comments from the traders, which make me uncomfortable. There was a day a man touched my breast to know if it was real; it was annoying.”

She added, “At some point as a kid, I was confused because I didn’t understand why my breasts were bigger than those of my peers. But as grew older, I became comfortable with who I am.”

Omojola however concluded that, as an actress, she is not afraid to flaunt her boobs as God gave them to her.

See More Here: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/a-man-touched-my-breasts-to-confirm-its.html

Politics / 2019: Ex-yobe Gov, Bukar Ibrahim Concedes Yobe East Senatorial Seat To Gaidam by 11Ebiscoo: 9:58pm On Sep 08, 2018
Former Yobe State Governor, and the chairman Senate committee on Ecology and Climate change, Senator Bukar Abba Ibrahim, on Saturday, conceded the seat of Yobe East senatorial zone to the incumbent, Governor Ibrahim Gaidam

Recall that Senator Ibrahim had on Sept 6, 2018, picked up the nomination form of the All Progressives Congress (APC) to seek reelection in the upcoming 2019 general election.

However, the decision of the ex-governor to concede the seat followed the endorsement of Gaidam for the Yobe East senatorial ticket by the leaders and stakeholders of APC during an enlarged meeting of the party held in the state, on Friday.

The APC chieftain, in a statement issued by his media aide, Yusuf Ali, and forwarded to DAILY POST on Saturday, stated that he arrived at the decision in the best interest of the state.

The statement reads, “Senator Dr Bukar Abba Ibrahim continued to offer himself for service to the people of Yobe State whether in or out of government he has said he is into politics for life. However, His decision to run again in for the Yobe East Senatorial ticket 2019 was based on the fact that his people did not recall him. As a successful politician it’s a pressure from his political associates, friends and supporters alike. Run Bukar run.

“However, I want to make it categorically clear that it’s on record Bukar said he would not run, if Gov Gaidam runs. He has said if he wants the Senatorial Seat it is all his. There is no problem he has had enough. Bukar has been waiting patiently for Gaidam to decide. Bukar has approached Gaidam several times to know his mind but he kept mute. The clock is ticking, time waits for nobody, 2019 elections is here and we are still not sure Gov Gaidam is running. All what we hear is endorsements and political bootlicking to appease the Gov. Bukar then decided not to keep waiting and entered the ring. In that case, its Gaidam’s fault for delaying so long to express his interest.

“Sen Bukar has expressed his absolute loyalty to the Yobe State Government. He would not and will never caused disaffection and disunity in the party and or between the good people and government of Yobe State. He is never in for do or die politics. As he always says “Daga Allah sai Talaka” meaning “Power belongs to Allah and the masses to decide. It’s unfortunate that we come to this. I am not here to drum public support and sympathy for Sen Bukar. I want to make it clear that he has actually conceded the seat to Gov Gaidam but he was completely left in the dark, in a state of bewilderment.

“Politics is full of intrigues and, in Nigeria, violence. Most of the time, the candidate and leaders are not aware of what some of their followers get up to, actions that are often impossible to control. In Yobe, we don’t have do or die politicians that see politics as an investment from which they must recoup their money if not then violence and other criminal activity. God forbid.

“As a pride of the Sahel, we believe that politics is a community service to contribute our quota in the democratic process for the betterment of our people.

“I can understand both Gov Gaidam and Sen Bukar selfless urged to serve the people, their love for Yobe and the people, I doubt if it’s for their personal aggrandizement wanting to slug it out. As the situation unfolds, let’s remain calm and peaceful and pray for the best in our state and the nation as a whole.

“There is no cause for alarm. It’s all politics there is bound to be frictions but the interest of the people and the larger political picture were more important. Gov Gaidam and Sen Bukar will find a common ground to sort it out themselves. There is nothing that is not possible. I believe every decision taken is in the best interest of our good people of Yobe State.”

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/2019-ex-yobe-gov-bukar-ibrahim-concedes.html

Celebrities / “I Was Only Asked To Go Get The Right Visa” – Bobrisky Speaks Up After UK Deport by 11Ebiscoo: 7:39pm On Sep 08, 2018
Nigerian cross-dress, Bobrisky has reacted to reports surrounding his deportation upon arrival in the United Kingdom on Friday.

We reported yesterday that upon his arrival at Heathrow Airport, London, Bobrisky was denied entry into the country as he was in possession of bleaching products that he intended to sell but his visa did not permit him to work in the country.

Bobrisky has however denied being deported. He clarifies that he was asked to return to his country to “get the right visa”. See his recent statement below:

“In any situation u find urself always still thank God. Morning fam

I want to say a very big thank you � to all my Uk fans who really want to see me badly. I know some of u have got true love for me but trust me it hurt me that I cried dis morning because I was not able to see people who truly loved me and appreciate me. As for the haters who think I was deported or banned from entering the Uk �� that is a fat lie. I was only asked to go get the right visa. U all forgot so soon that I’m a strong soul, nothing can break me .And as for the SNITCH who went to tell the immigration I’m coming to work so sad u are pained that u can see me grow in success.

Let me correct ur impressions darling we know u but i won’t mention ur name I went to Uk to relax and enjoy myself not to make money �. I make nothing less than 1million a month in my country, I became so famous in my county, Snapchat pay me in my country so tell me why I won’t love my country NIGERIA ��. Out of dis money I make monthly I still help the needs who need my help. Uk immigration treated me awesome � because they went through my past record of all the country I have visited for the past few years and there was no BAD record. So nothing still change my coming to Uk ��. I came home voluntarily to get the right visa I’m coming Uk lovers”

The cross dresser was scheduled to hold a Meet and Greet event on Friday night in celebration of his after birthday party, but ended up in a detention camp in Heathrow Airport where he was returned home to Nigeria.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/i-was-only-asked-to-go-get-right-visa.html

Celebrities / Ojopagogo Is Tired Of Playing Role Of Herbalist In Yoruba Movies by 11Ebiscoo: 2:05pm On Sep 08, 2018
Veteran actor, Rasaq Olayiwola, popularly known as Ojopagogo, has cried out over his stereotype Herbalist roles in Nigeirna movies.

In a chat with Saturday beats, Ojopagogo stated that he was fed up with producers always casting him as an herbalist in movies, stating that as an actor, he is meant to explore all characters available to him. “When I started acting, I did not start with the role of an herbalist. Alade Aromire was the first person that cast me as an herbalist in a movie and since then, people have started using me for the role of an herbalist. I have complained about it; in fact, last year, I had to hold a meeting with some stakeholders in our industry to let them know that they should use me for other movie roles instead of only using me for the role of an herbalist.

“They told me that it is due to the demand of the public but I would prefer to play other roles. Nowadays, if you insist that I should act the role of an herbalist in your movie, I do it but not with the same zeal I would use to portray other characters,” he said.

When asked what his dream role would be, the thespian stated that he would love to play the role of someone who terrorises people in movies.

“One of my dream roles is to play the role of someone who terrorises others in a crime movie. I want to be featured in a crime movie and I want people to know that I am a versatile actor.

“Even if people would not want to cast me for that role, I can write a script that would depict my desire and I would shoot the movie. The journey into my acting career has been challenging; I have still not achieved what I want. I want to leave my footprints on the sands of time after I am dead and gone; money is not everything,” he said.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/ojopagogo-is-tired-of-playing-role-of.html

1 Like

Politics / Gov. Wike’s Special Adviser, Anucha Resigns by 11Ebiscoo: 6:31pm On Sep 07, 2018
The Special Adviser to Rivers state Governor, Nyesom Wike on Pollution Control, Anucha Nwuke has resigned his appointment.

Nwuke who did not state expressly the reason for putting forward his resignation letter maintained that it was his personal decision to do so.

Anucha in an interview with newsmen traced his decision back to the campaign promises of Governor Wike which he said made him lead a campaign for all the aspirants under the platform of the People’s Democratic Party in Omuma Local Government Area of the State.

“What we have now was not what I campaigned for,” he said.

The Former S.A to Governor Wike on Pollution Control, however, praised the governor for his effort in the state so far and wish him well in his political sojourn.

Recall that Anucha Nwuke is the fifth member of the Rivers State Executive Council to resign from Governor Wike’s administration.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/gov-wikes-special-adviser-anucha-resigns.html

Politics / Boko Haram: Several Killed As Nigerian Airforce Bombs Insurgents’ Base by 11Ebiscoo: 10:01am On Sep 07, 2018
The Nigerian Air Force said on Thursday said its fighter jets bombed a logistics base of the Boko Haram insurgents in the Tumbun Rego area of Borno State, as well as other structures in the Sabon Tumbun and Tumbun Allura areas along the Lake Chad.

The air force said its jets bombed the Boko Haram communications and logistics base in Tumbun Rego was part of Operation Thunder Strike 2, which began on Monday.

The NAF Director of Public Relations and Information, Air Commodore Ibikunle Daramola, who confirmed the bombing of the insurgents’ bases, said it was carried out by the Air Task Force of the Operation Lafiya Dole.

He said, “The operation is targeted at terror locations in the Lake Chad and Sambisa Forest in Borno State. Air strikes were carried out in Tumbun Rego, Sabon Tumbun and Tumbun Allura.

“Tumbun Rego, which is located about 140km North-East of Maiduguri, has been identified as a major logistics and communications base of the insurgents.

“Accordingly, the air force detailed F-7Ni and Alpha Jet aircraft to destroy the logistics and communications hubs. The Chief of the Air Staff, Air Marshal Abubakar, was also in Maiduguri, where he motivated the front-line personnel and obtained first-hand information on the operation.”

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/boko-haram-several-killed-as-nigerian.html

Politics / APC: Kano, Niger Join Lagos For Direct Primary by 11Ebiscoo: 10:11am On Sep 06, 2018
More state chapters of the All Progressives Congress (APC) have joined Lagos to adopt the direct primary option to pick their candidates for next year’s elections.

Kano and Niger states yesterday voted for the option in which all card-carrying members of the party will pick candidates for elective offices.

The primaries are scheduled for between September 20 when the presidential primary will hold and October 2, when the House of Assembly candidates will be picked.

The party’s National Executive Committee (NEC) last Thursday adopted direct primary “to take the party to its members” who will vote for candidates of their choice.

It, however, granted a concession to states with peculiarities that will make it imposible to implement direct primary to adopt either indirect primary or the consensus option.

They must, however, apply to the National Working Committee (NWC) with evidence of approval of the State Working Committee (SWC) and critical stakeholders.

Yesterday, party leaders and stakeholders in many states met to decide on the options.

Announcing the decision in Kano, State Chairman Abdullahi Abbas said the decision would improve the stock of the APC in the 2019 election as well as other elections.

He added that “the decision was unanimously endorsed by Governor Abdullahi Ganduje, Senators Kabiru Gaya and Barau Jibrin, 13 members of the House of Representatives led by Chief Whip Alhassan Ado Doguwa.

“Others are 33 members of the House of Assembly, led by the Speaker, Kabiru Al Hassan Rurum, 53 state Executive Committee members of the party, 44 elected local council chairmen and 44 local government chairmen and secretaries of the party.”

Niger State said the decision was taken so that every bonafide member would participate in the process of picking candidates.

State Secretary Mohammed Liman told reporters that the party was prepared for all the primaries, adding that its membership record would be accurate and up to date.

Although the decision on direct primary was taken by Lagos State Stakeholders last month before that mode of primary was descided by the NEC, state Chairman Babatunde Balogun reaffirmed yesterday that the postion had not changed.

“We are sticking to our decision,” he said on the telephone.

Ogun State adopted direct primary at its meeting yesterday but as a back-up to the consensus mode they opted for.

The communique issued at the end of the State Executive Committee/ stakeholders meeting by Publicity Secretary Wole Elegbede said “The APC in Ogun State shall have a consensus primary for all elective positions in the 2019 elections. Where consensus fails, a direct primary will be used to choose a candidate for such a position.”

Kebbi State also adopted consensus.

At its meeting yesterday, President Muhammadu Buhari and Governor Atiku Bagudu were unabimously endorsed to run for fresh terms.

Senator Bala Ibn Na’Allah, who announced the decision, said where consensus fails, indirect primary will be used to pick candidates.

The Ondo State chapter of the party voted for indirect primary after a meeting attended by Governor Rotimi Akerdolu and Deputy Governor Agboola Ajayi.

House of Assembly Speaker Bamidele Oloyelogun moved the

motion for indirect primary, which was seconded by Owo Local Government Chairman Sydney Ogunleye.

Senator Tayo Alasuadura said Indrect primary would be in the interest of the members. But Ondo North Senator Ajayi Boroffice said he was not aware of the meeting.

Other states – Sokoto, Plateau, Nasarawa, Borno, Yobe and Zamfara – adopted indirect primary.

The stakeholders in almost all the states adopted Buhari’s candidature.

Sokoto State Deputy Governor Ahmed Aliyu Sokoto, who described Senator Aliyu Magatakarda Wamakko as the party’s leader, told reporters after the meeting, which he presided over, that “ the meeting also expressed happiness with the exemplary and unparalleled way Senator Wamakko is running the affairs of the great party .

“Accordingly, we endorsed President Muhammadu Buhari as the party’s sole presidential candidate.”

Borno State Deputy Governor Usman Mamman Durkwa presided over the meeting in the absence of Governor Kashim Shetimma, who is on an international assignment in Germany.

Senator Abubakar Kyari, Mohammed Tahir Monguno and Speaker Abdulkareem Lawal spoke on behalf of their colleagues.

Senator Ali Ndume moved the motion for the adoption of indirect primaries. It was seconded by Hon. Dr. Asabe Vilita Bashir (Damboa/Chibok/Gwoza Federal Constituency).

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/apc-kano-niger-join-lagos-for-direct.html

Crime / Unbelievable! Pastor Arrested For Raping His 7-year-old Daughter [photo Inside] by 11Ebiscoo: 11:05pm On Sep 05, 2018
Pastor Daniel Udoh, founder of “Jesus is a Barrister Church” in Akapabuyo, Cross River State, has been arrested for defiling his 7-year-old daughter.
Udoh was paraded alongside 79 crime suspects at the Command Headquarters in Calabar. He admitted to committing the crime adding that he was tempted.
His daughter is receiving treatment in an undisclosed medical facility for the bruises she got from the act.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/unbelievable-pastor-arrested-for-raping.html

Culture / Oba Of Modakeke, Olatunji Adedoyin Dead by 11Ebiscoo: 7:41am On Sep 05, 2018
The ancient city of Modakeke, Osun State, was on Tuesday thrown into mourning after Ogunsua of Modakeke, Oba Francis Olatunji Adedoyin, was reported dead.

Oba Adedoyin died at the age of 96 at Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Hospital, Jaleyemi, Osogbo.

His death was announced by the Modakeke traditional council in a statement on Tuesday.

While announcing the death of Ogunsua, the Modakeke Traditional Council, in a statement, declared a 7-day mourning in the town.”

He said, “All the trees in the community, situated near Ile-Ife would be felled to indicate the transition of Oba Adedoyin.”

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/oba-of-modakeke-olatunji-adedoyin-dead.html

Politics / Again, Buhari Refuses To Sign Electoral Bill by 11Ebiscoo: 3:47am On Sep 04, 2018
John Alechenu, Olusola Fabiyi, Eniola Akinkuotu, Leke Baiyewu and Ade Adesomoju, Abuja

President Muhammadu Buhari has again declined assent to the Electoral (Amendment) Bill, 2018.

The Senior Special Assistant to the President on National Assembly Matters, Senator Ita Enang, said this on Monday in a statement titled, ‘Presidential decision to decline assent to Electoral (Amendment) Bill 2018.’

The development comes less than six months after the President rejected the first one.

According to Enang, the President has already communicated his decision in letters sent to the two chambers of the National Assembly.

Enang said the President was declining assent to the bill due to some “drafting issues that remain unaddressed following the prior revisions to the bill.”

The statement added, “There is a cross-referencing error in the proposed amendment to Section 18 of the Bill. The appropriate amendment is to substitute the existing sub-section (2) with the proposed subsection (1A), while the proposed sub-section (1B) is the new sub-section (2A).”

The President’s aide said there was also an issue with the conduct of primaries by political parties and the dates they should submit names of their candidates to INEC.

Enang said if signed into law as it is, INEC would have only nine days to collate and compile lists of candidates in the 91 political parties.

He said, “The proposed amendment to include a new Section 87 (14) which stipulates a specific period within which political party primaries are required to be held has the unintended consequence of leaving INEC with only nine days to collate and compile lists of candidates and political parties as well as manage the primaries of 91 political parties for the various elections.

“This is because the Electoral Amendment bill does not amend sections 31, 34 and 85, which stipulates times for the submission of lists of candidates, publication of lists of candidates and notice of convention, congresses for nominating candidates for elections.’’

He noted that Clause 87 (14) “states that the dates for the primaries shall not be earlier than 120 days and not later than 90 days before the date of elections to the offices” which is at variance with Section 31 of the Electoral Act 2010.

Section 31 of the Electoral Act 2010 states, “Every political party shall not later than 60 days before the date appointed for a general election submit to the commission the list of candidates the party proposes to sponsor at the elections.

Section 34 of the Act adds, “That the commission shall at least 30 days before the day of the election publish a statement of the full names and addresses of all candidates standing nominated.”

Citing Section 85 (1) of the Electoral Act which states that a party shall give the commission at least 21 days’ notice of any convention, congress etc., for electing members of its executive committees or nominating candidates for any of the elective offices, Enang said this was at variance with the bill proposed by the National Assembly.

He said since the constitution did not empower a President or governor to whom a bill was forwarded by the legislature to edit, correct, amend or in any manner alter the provisions of any such bill to reflect appropriate intent before assenting to same, Buhari had no choice but to return it to the National Assembly.

Enang called on the National Assembly to quickly rectify the necessary sections and return the bill to the President for assent.

Others bills which Enang said the President had communicated action to the National Assembly include: National Agricultural Seeds Council Bill, 2018; the Advance Fee Fraud and Other Related Offences (Amendment) Bill, 2017; and the Chartered Institute of Entrepreneurship (Establishment) Bill, 2018.

Others are: The Subsidiary Legislation (Legislative Scrutiny) Bill, 2018; National Institute of Hospitality and Tourism (Establishment) Bill, 2018; National Research and Innovation Council (Establishment) Bill, 2017; and the Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (Amendment) Bill, 2017.

The President, had in March refused to sign the electoral amendment bill. In a letter to the President of the Senate, Bukola Saraki, and the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara, he explained why he did not sign the bill.

According to him, the bill usurped the constitutional powers of INEC to decide on election matters, including fixing the dates and the order they would be held.

He also stated that he was complying with the requirements of Section 58 of the 1999 Constitution, particularly sub-section 4, by refusing to sign the bill.

Buhari’s letter in March read, “Pursuant to Section 58(4) of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended), I hereby convey to the Senate, my decision on 3rd March, 2018 to decline presidential assent to the Electoral Act Amendment Bill 2018 recently passed by the National Assembly.

“Some of my reasons for withholding assent to the bill include the following: the amendment to the sequence of the elections in Section 25 of the principal Act may infringe upon the constitutionally guaranteed discretion of theINEC to organise, undertake and supervise all elections provided in Section 15(a) of the Third Schedule of the Constitution.

“The amendment to Section 138 of the principal Act to delete two crucial grounds upon which an election may be challenged by candidates, unduly limits the rights of candidates in elections to a free and fair electoral review process.

“The amendment to Section 152 Subsection 325 of the principal Act may raise constitutional issues over the competence of the National Assembly to legislate over local government elections.”

A new Section 25 in the Electoral Act, which states that the sequence of the elections will commence with the National Assembly, to be followed by governorship and state Houses of Assembly, while presidential poll will come last, had polarised the All Progressives Congress Caucus in the National Assembly.

Following the refusal of the President to sign the bill, the National Assembly removed the controversial section, where the lawmakers fixed dates of elections and resent the bill to Buhari on August 3.

Senate, Reps keep mum on assent withdrawal

Meanwhile, both the Senate and the House of Representatives on Monday did not react to Buhari’s withdrawal of presidential assent to the bill.

Efforts to get key officials of the two chambers of the National Assembly to speak on the matter proved abortive.

When contacted, the Special Adviser to the Senate President on Media and Publicity, Mr Yusuph Olaniyonu, said he could not confirm if his boss, Saraki, had received the letter.

For further comments, Olaniyonu referred one of our correspondents to the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Media and Public Affairs, Senator Aliyu Sabi-Abdullahi; and the Chairman of the Senate Committee on INEC, Senator Suleiman Nazif, who sponsored the bill and who was Chairman of the Senate and House of Representatives’ Joint Committee on the Electoral Act Amendment Bill.

Nazif could not be reached for comments as calls made to his telephone did not connect.

The spokesperson for the Senate could not be reached to react to the assent withdrawal.

The Chairman of the Senate Committee on Media and Public Affairs, Senator Aliyu Sabi-Abdullahi, rejected a call made to him by one of our correspondents. He had yet to reply a text message sent to him as of press time on Monday.

Calls to the telephone of the Vice-Chairman, Senator Ben Murray-Bruce, did not connect.

The Majority Leader, Senator Ahmad Lawan, who is leader of the All Progressives Congress Caucus, also could not be reached as calls made to his telephone line rang out. He had yet to reply to one of our correspondents’ enquiry as of the time this report was filed.

Leader of the Peoples Democratic Party Caucus, Senator Godswill Akpabio, had recently resigned as Minority Leader.

At the House of Representatives, the telephone of the spokesman, Abdulrazak Namdas, indicated that it had been switched off.

While the Special Adviser to the Speaker on Media, Turaki Hassan, asked one of our correspondents to send his enquiry through a text message as he was on a trip, he neither replied it nor picked subsequent calls made to him.

Also, while telephone calls to the Majority Leader, Femi Gbajabiamila, did not connect, the line of the Minority Leader, Leo Ogor, indicated that it had been switched off. Both of them had yet to reply the text message sent to them as of press time.

PDP asks N’Assembly to override Buhari

But the PDP has urged the National Assembly to override the President by vetoing the Electoral Act 2010 (Amendment) Bill.

The PDP said Buhari’s refusal did not come to the party as a surprise, alleging that his commitment to a free and fair 2019 elections was mere lip service.

The National Publicity Secretary of the party, Mr. Kola Ologbondiyan, said in a statement in Abuja on Monday, that it was now manifestly clear to Nigerians that all the reasons adduced by President Buhari for withholding his assent in the past were lame.

He said, “The clerical and drafting arguments put forward by President Buhari could not in any way outweigh the importance of amendments meant to engender free, fair, credible and transparent elections in 2019.

“The PDP therefore charges the National Assembly to stand with Nigerians in the overall quest for credible elections by immediately overriding President Buhari on the bill.”

APC keeps mum

Attempts to get the APC’s reaction to President Muhammadu’s refusal to assent to the Electoral Amendment bill were unsuccessful. Calls to the mobile telephone number of the party’s acting National Publicity Secretary, Yekini Nabena, were neither picked nor returned.

A response to a text message sent to him on the subject was still being awaited as of 8.22pm on Monday.

Buhari betrays Nigerians by declining asset to bill – Secondus

Reacting, the National Chairman of the PDP, Prince Uche Secondus, scolded President Buhari for not signing the amended Electoral Bill into law.

Secondus described the President as an excuse giver, saying that he had yet to shed the toga of a military dictator.

Secondus, who spoke with one of our correspondents in Abuja on Monday, said the President was used to denying Nigerians.

He said it was unfortunate that the President, who he said just gave an assurance that he was committed to free, fair and credible elections, would refuse to sign a law aimed at strengthening democracy.

Secondus asked Nigerians and the international community to hold the President responsible if “the next general elections failed.”

He added, ”We have said it on many occasions. This President is not a democrat. He is a pretender. He never believed in democracy. He is a dictator to the core.

“Here is a man who just told the world that he was not afraid of credible elections. Yet, he is busy working openly and secretly against the interest of the nation.

“His renewed rejection of the bill is an indication that he is either myopic about the tenets of democracy or against the workings of the National Assembly.”

Secondus appealed to the National Assembly to either veto the President or “make sure in whatever way, that the law is passed.”

APC, not ready for 2019 polls – Labour Party

Meanwhile, the President’s refusal to sign the bill attracted different reactions on Monday. The National Chairman of the Labour Party, Alhaji AbdulkadirAbdulsalam, in an interview with The PUNCH, said the APC and its government were not ready for elections.

He said, “It seems the APC and this government it leads is not prepared for the (2019) elections. In fact, they want to scuttle it and give an impression to the international community that we are running a military dictatorship. If not, how can a National Assembly consisting of 109 senators and 360 members of the House of Representatives pass a bill and one man throws it out? If there were errors like he said why didn’t he cite those errors, get them corrected and sign if the errors are that serious?”

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/again-buhari-refuses-to-sign-electoral.html

Politics / Governor Ambode Rumoured Defection From APC To PDP (read Details) by 11Ebiscoo: 7:39pm On Sep 02, 2018
Lately, there’s been rumours that Lagos State Governor Akinwumi Ambode is planning to defect from the ruling All Progressives Congress(APC) to the opposition, PDP.

The Lagos State governor, was reported to have been in a closed door meeting with his political aides and executive council members to take a crucial decision as to whether to remain in the APC or forge ahead with another party, as the primaries draw nearer.

It was reported also that Ambode may want to leave the party because Bola Tinubu, the party’s national leader and a former governor of Lagos may have withdrawn his support from Ambode’s re-election bid. The reports claim that Ambode might move to the People’s Democratic Party(PDP) or Action Democratic Congress(ADC), both of which are part of the Coalition of Political Parties(CUPP).

However, President Buhari’s aide on new media, Bashir Ahmad has said the Lagos State governor has debunked such claims. According to Ahmad, when he told Ambode that rumours of his defection were rift on social media, the governor said ‘I’m here in Beijing in president Buhari’s entourage. ‘

Ahmad tweeted:-

I told Gov. @AkinwunmiAmbode of Lagos State that @LeadersNG and some other media platforms have been spreading fake news that he’s planning to leave the APC, he smiled and said Bashir if they don’t know tell them I am here in Beijing in President @MBuhari’s entourage.

— Bashir Ahmad (@BashirAhmaad) September 2, 2018

Defecting to PDP; I am here in Beijing in President Muhammadu Buhari’s entourage. – Gov. Ambode of Lagos State. pic.twitter.com/6I778DT0zt

— Bashir Ahmad (@BashirAhmaad) September 2, 2018

‘I told Gov. @AkinwunmiAmbode of Lagos State that @LeadersNG and some other media platforms have been spreading fake news that he’s planning to leave the APC, he smiled and said Bashir if they don’t know tell them I am here in Beijing in President @MBuhari’s entourage’.

Ahmad is also in China with the president and other tops civil servants as Buhari participates Beijing Summit of the Forum on China-Africa cooperation.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/governor-ambode-rumoured-defection-from.html

Celebrities / Omotola Jalade Is A Horrible Person — Actress Shola Fapson by 11Ebiscoo: 11:18am On Sep 02, 2018
Nollywood Actress, Dorcas Shola Fapson (DSF) of the taxify-saga fame has called out her ‘senior colleague’, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde after an unpleasant encounter with the actress during the AMVCA 2018 yesterday.

Though she chose not to go into details, but she blatantly called out the actress directly… She took to her Snapchat to write:

“P.s I used to be suchhh a HUGE fan of Omotola up untill tonight. She’s absolutely horrible. If I tell y’all what she did. Smh !!”

NEVER look down on anyone cause you’re on top, trust me tables can turn ANYTIME sis.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/omotola-jalade-is-horrible-person.html

Sports / Gerrard Versus Rodgers: How A Liverpool Love Affair Turned Sour by 11Ebiscoo: 10:22pm On Sep 01, 2018
It was matchday, a Champions League night, but Gerrard, for once, was in no mood for the big stage. He was, according to another observer, “raging, clearly".

In many ways, the exits of both Gerrard and Brendan Rodgers from Liverpool can be traced back to that night in the Spanish capital.

What had once looked like being a glorious union between skipper and gaffer would never be the same. Within a year, both would be gone, neither happy, neither having finished what they started.

On Sunday, they come face-to-face for the first time – publicly, at least – since Gerrard’s Anfield exit in 2015.

An Old Firm game is big enough at the best of times but, given the identity of the two managers, this weekend’s Glasgow derby will have an extra spice to it, no question.

“I don’t necessarily see it as a dugout battle,” Celtic boss Rodgers said this week, though he knows, of course, that it will be painted as such. And that that night in the Bernabeu will feature heavily in pre-game narrative.

Rodgers, to recap, left Gerrard out of his starting XI against Real Madrid, making seven changes to his team as Liverpool limped to a narrow, but toothless, 1-0 defeat.

It was, in his captain’s words, an act of surrender. Worse even, it was “the night when my disappointment ran so deep I almost made up my mind that it was time for a change.”

Gerrard was 34 at the time. Six months prior to the Real game, he and Rodgers had been on the verge of ending Liverpool’s long, painful wait for a league title. Gerrard’s slip against Chelsea in the third-last game of the 2013-14 season proved pivotal, the moment the dream turned into a nightmare.

Manchester City pipped them, with Gerrard and Liverpool taunted about Demba Ba and near-misses ever since.

That summer, following discussions with Rodgers about “managing his games” for Liverpool, he announced his retirement from international football. The aim, he said, was to prolong his club career by ending his England one. “I don’t want my Liverpool games managed,” Gerrard told him.

For a while, Rodgers listened – Gerrard started each of the Reds’ first 13 matches of the 2014-15 campaign, though both his own form and that of the team’s was patchy. The side that had thrilled in going so close the previous year had been ripped apart by Luis Suarez’s departure and Daniel Sturridge’s injury.

Gerrard, who had shone in a deep-lying role with those two to aim for, was not looking as effective feeding Mario Balotelli, Rickie Lambert or Fabio Borini. Funny that.

Meanwhile, he had entered the final year of his contract, though Rodgers had reassured him that an offer of an extension would be arriving. Gerrard, he said, was still a big part of his plans.

The Real game changed that, confirming to Gerrard that, in fact, his future may indeed lay elsewhere. “How could I go on playing for Liverpool another year if these were the kind of empty nights that awaited me?” he would say.

Liverpool’s contract offer, a one-year deal featuring a 40 per cent pay decrease, came soon after, with Gerrard confused by the appearance-related bonuses. If he was not to be playing as many games, he reasoned, why accept a contract which required him to? Rodgers’ reassurances did not tally with the club’s actions.

Rodgers, in fairness, was busy trying to find a way to get his side back on track. The optimism of his second season on Merseyside had been replaced by doom and gloom. Liverpool struggled throughout the autumn and winter of 2014, eliminated for the Champions League and slipping down the Premier League table.

Gerrard, meanwhile, was left on the bench for home games with Stoke and Sunderland, despite starting – and scoring – against Leicester in between. On January 1, 2015, he announced he would be leaving Liverpool at the end of his contract to join MLS side Los Angeles Galaxy.

He would finish the season as the club’s top scorer, but one more incident sticks in the mind, and spoke of the deterioration in his relationship with Rodgers. Gerrard was left on the bench for the visit of Manchester United in March 2015, despite having felt he had done enough off the bench in Liverpool’s previous game, at Swansea, to earn a start.

In his autobiography, he recalled his disappointment, and suggested it was “a classic case of muscle-flexing” from Rodgers, who had told him in a face-to-face meeting that he would be missing out.

Gerrard said he went into the game like “a caged animal” and it showed; he was sent off for stamping on Ander Herrera just 38 seconds after being brought on as a half-time substitute. There were no winners in Red that day.

In fairness, Gerrard has also been generous in praising Rodgers. He certainly respected his coaching ability, describing his sessions as "enjoyable and imaginative".

"I wish I’d met him when I was 24," he said after announcing his Liverpool exit. "I think I’d be sitting here talking about a lot of titles that we’d won together."

As it is, their working relationship can be split into two parts; the initial respect and the promise and thrills of a title challenge, followed by the comedown, the breakdown in communication and the sad, inevitable parting.

Both would, you suspect, have liked to have handled certain issues differently during that final campaign together. There remains a respect between the two, but also a distance. It could have been very different. Gerrard, at one point, even wondered if he would be invited onto Rodgers' coaching staff at Liverpool.

Now, the dynamic is even more fascinating. Rodgers has enjoyed total dominance since moving to Celtic in 2016, leading the Hoops to two successive domestic trebles, but has a troubled start to this season.

Gerrard, meanwhile, is unbeaten in a dozen games since accepting the challenge of his first senior managerial role. It's been a tough start, but he's making an impact at Ibrox. They head across town with belief, if nothing else.

He’s already had one huge result this week, guiding the Gers into the Europa League group stage, and were he to get another on Sunday it would frighten the life out of his former boss. Rangers have not beaten Celtic in the league since 2012. Last season, they lost four out of five meetings, including 4-0 and 5-0 thrashings.

Reversing that trend is one of Gerrard’s key targets. Obsessing over another club is rarely a good idea, but in Glasgow it is somewhat unavoidable. He and Rodgers will share a handshake and some pleasantries, pre-match, but after that it’s down to business, serious business.

It promises to be a real Sunday. A proper Sunday. A Super Sunday.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/gerrard-versus-rodgers-how-liverpool.html

Celebrities / Simi Reveals How She Lost Her Virginity… You Won’t Believe The Shocking Age!!! by 11Ebiscoo: 8:30pm On Aug 31, 2018
Songstress, Simi has made another interesting revelation about her love life. The singer revealed how she met her first love at the tender age of 13, further stating that “it did happen”; alluding to losing her virginity to her first love.

The singer told The Sun News, “my first love? I met him when I was 13 and in SS1. I was just about to turn 14 and he just came to my school.”

“How do you really explain that as a child? But it did happen, and he left my school after a while, so we drifted apart. Then we met somewhere again. We drifted apart again and then that was it.”

Simi went on to admit that she is currently in a romantic relationship with someone she hopes to eventually build a family with. She believes that should naturally be the outcome when one is emotionally invested in a love affair.

“Well, I hope he is the one because I don’t think relationships should just be for leisure. I can’t really speak for anybody but for me. If I am giving you an access to that part of my life then it has to be worth my while and worth his while as well. But I can’t force it though, if he is the one, fine and if not, fine“, she said.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/simi-reveals-how-she-lost-her-virginity.html

Celebrities / Nawa Ooo!!! Homeless Man Sues Couple Who Raised $400k To Help Him. Photos by 11Ebiscoo: 10:52am On Aug 31, 2018
A homeless man who went viral last year after he gave a stranded woman his last $20, is now suing the woman and her husband after they raised money to help him.

Last year, Johnny Bobbitt gave his last $20 to Kate McClure when her car ran out of petrol. Kate shared the news online and Johnny went viral.

Subsequently, Kate and her husband, Mark D’Amico started an online fundraiser for him, which drew contributions from over 14,000 donors. The US couple raised more than $400,000 to help Bobbitt. But the homeless man is now accusing them of using the donations as their own “piggy bank”.

On Tuesday, Bobbitt, 35, filed a lawsuit alleging fraud and conspiracy. Lawyers representing Bobbitt wrote in documents filed in Mount Holly, Philadelphia, that the couple had used the GoFundMe account they set up for Mr Bobbitt “to fund a lifestyle that they could not otherwise afford”.

Mr D’Amico works as a carpenter and Ms McClure is a receptionist for the New Jersey Department of Transportation, according to local media.

In recent interviews, Mr Bobbitt said Ms McClure, 28, and Mr D’Amico, 39, had recently paid for trips to Las Vegas and Florida, and a new BMW. Bobbitt says the couple sold his camper, gambled away some of his money, and have declined to provide him with any financial records.

But, last week, Ms McClure told the Philadelphia Inquirer she felt frustrated and betrayed, and that she still wished to help Mr Bobbitt.

“I don’t want to lose my job over this,” she tearfully told the newspaper. The couple claims he once blew $25,000 on drugs in just 13 days.

“Every dollar he ever touched was used for drugs,” Mr D’Amico told NBC in a nationally televised interview on Monday.

A judge is set to hear the case on Thursday.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/nawa-ooo-homeless-man-sues-couple-who.html

Politics / Do You Think Saraki Is The Better Candidate For PDP Against Apc’s Buhari In 2019 by 11Ebiscoo: 6:33pm On Aug 30, 2018
Hello Guys,

We reported earlier today that Bukola Saraki has finally declared his intention to run for President and the internet was shocked. (Read The New Here)

From all indications, we think Saraki might be PDP’s flag bearing for the Presidential Election come 2019.

Well, we’ve got some important questions for Nigerians �
Do You Think Saraki Is A Better Candidate Against Buhari?

Do You Think Saraki Is A Best Option For PDP?

Let’s hear from you all

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/do-you-think-saraki-is-better-candidate.html

Crime / Shocking! Police Sergeant Stabs Man To Death… For Dating His Wife!!! [full Story by 11Ebiscoo: 9:53pm On Aug 29, 2018
A Police sergeant has stabbed a man to death for allegedly dating his estranged wife after he couldn’t separate the pair from seeing each other.

According to Vanguard, the incident, which happened last Sunday at Oteri community, Ughelli North Local Government Area of Delta State, led to the arrest of the suspect simply identified as Ijeoma, who is attached to the Patani Police Division.

The victim, David Ogbodo, was said to have been rushed to the Ughelli Central Hospital, where he was confirmed dead from excessive bleeding, as a result of injuries sustained during the attack on him.

Though the marital status of the policeman and his wife, simply identified as Jennifer, could not be ascertained, sources at the community hinted that the marriage between the couple had already collapsed.

Confirming the incident to Vanguard yesterday, a source at the community disclosed that the policeman had stormed the community in company of a team of other policemen drafted from the Ughelli ‘A’ Division to intervene in the matter by inviting the victim for questioning.

The source, a female resident of the community, who spoke on condition of anonymity, hinted that the suspect, in his complaint, failed to inform the Police that a case of divorce between him and his wife was in court.

According to the source:

“when all efforts by the policeman to stop the victim from seeing his wife failed, he reported the matter to the Police, which, in trying to resolve the issue amicably, drafted some policemen with him to invite the victim for questioning.

“On getting to the deceased’s residence, the policemen met him and the suspect’s wife together. He broke a bottle and used it to stab David multiple times, leading to his death.”

Contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Andrew Aniamaka, promised to get details on the incident, but was yet to do so as at press time.

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/shocking-police-sergeant-stabs-man-to.html
Celebrities / EXPOSED!! Tonto Dikeh Reveals The Reason Why DAVIDO Decided To Serve In NYSC And by 11Ebiscoo: 11:39am On Aug 29, 2018
Famous Nollywood actress, Tonto Dikeh has reacted to the news of Davido registering for one year mandatory National Youth Service Corps, NYSC

Davido light up the social media yesterday when he shared photos of himself rocking the NYSC uniform after his registration at Lagos camp yesterday. [READ HERE]

This created a lot of buzz and reactions. Tonto Dikeh also reacted, saying Davido’s smartness is scary as he is arranging his future to rule Nigerians soon.

She wrote on her Instagram page;

“This boy is too smart, it’s scary…. He is arranging his future to rule ya’ll in ABIT…”

See below;

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/exposed-tonto-dikeh-reveals-reason-why.html

Politics / Gunmen Kill Former Councillor In Delta by 11Ebiscoo: 6:49pm On Aug 28, 2018
Unknown gunmen Tuesday shot dead a former councillor of Ughelli South Local Government Area of Delta State, Hon. Blessing Oguori, along Osubi road in Okpe Local Government Area of the state, DAILY POST can report.

The former personal assistant to the incarcerated Unuevworo of Ekpan community, Chief Newton Agbofodo was trailed by the gunmen who shot him dead along the Osubi expressway.

Also shot was one of the sons of Chief Agbofodo but the bullet did not penetrate his body.

The reason the deceased was shot dead has not been ascertained as at the time of filing this report.

Residents within the area said it may not be unconnected with political and traditional struggle for supremacy in Ekpan, Uvwie Local Government Area of Delta State.

The remains, DAILY POST learnt, has been evacuated and deposited at the Central Hospital morgue in Warri.

When contacted, the Delta State Commissioner of Police, CP Muhammad Mustafa confirmed the report, saying,”It is confirmed that he was killed and investigation has commenced. We are looking for the suspect.”

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/08/gunmen-kill-former-councillor-in-delta.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (of 13 pages)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 222
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.