Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,810 members, 7,810,113 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? (4229 Views)

Funny Questions Nigerian Christians Ask Atheists.. / Fellow Christians: What Is Happening To Us? / Christians:What Fruit Did Adam And Eve Eat Inside The Garden Of Eden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:05pm On Feb 19, 2013
tpia@:

christianity spread everywhere the roman empire went.

all you need to say is you're not aware of that period of history, end of.

you do NOT know everything. angry

christianity didnt spread here in Nigeria. also the Roman Empire collapsed and divided because of your useless irreligon.

imagine how much more advanced we wouldve been today had it not collapsed. all those great mathematicians and philosophers and cults , inventing and advancing us into new eras.

the same igbos who claim jewish links and customs?

yes the same Igbos (not all) who are today ashamed of their own real culture, beliefs and identity, all because of christianity.

and the queen of sheba legend found in ijebu is what?

its all made up or rewritten-edited bullsh.T. just like Odudua coming from Mecca or Bayanjidda flying from Iraq to Hausaland to kill a snake!

in your mind!

not in my mind. in your history textbook. if you can show me non-biblical proof, then please do so. .

if reading the bible is a problem for you, then simply look up cyrene, and find out if it ever had a christian colony!!!!! the other thread talked of popes from north africa as far back as 190 AD, you're yarning rubbish about something else.

dude stop talking about Libya and all these Berber areas. they even incorportated elements of Roman Religion into their own traditional beliefs. it is obvious since Rome had her colonies there.

I am talking about Sub-Saharan Africa, Nigeria in particular.

next you'll say north africa had zero contact with subsaharan africa. angry

It did but mostly only the Touarges and in matters of trade. there is no proof of christianity in Nigeria. when they british came, they found most of us Pagans with a some muslims.

and when were your ancestors introduced to the pagan gods you worship?

Never! they were never introduced to it. It came naturally of divine providence. it is in us.

there are as many Pagan religions in this world as there are tribal and ethnic groups (both present and extinct) and they have been present since their creation after evolution and the formation of ethnic groups from greater genopools.

this numbers around millions. and NOT ONE has a man-founder, like christianity (jesus) , islam (uhammad) and judaism (abraham-moses).

history is history, i'm not bothered by what i cant change.

i didnt ask you whether you are bothered or not.would youve changed it and wished they hadnt come ? do you like them?

they brought christianity to you after all . .

and they ra.ped your people as well . .

i know its a tough choice. .

if it bothers you, then build a time machine and go chase all the whites out of africa. Include the arab ones in your lineage!

we cant go back and change things, but we can certainly right the wrongs comitted for a better future.

I am full-blooded Maguzawa Hausa. we have no arab blood. Infact my Hausa people dont have Arab blood. islam came here in a 1s phase the Berbers, Mali, who were themselves contact through the Arabs, etc. and the 2nd phase was through the Fulani and the Kanuri.
Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:07pm On Feb 19, 2013
Afam4eva:
Why's my name on your list and why do you hate me?

honestly i dont hate you. i put your name in there on purpose in order to draw your attention to some matters. your continuous effort in trying to link Yorubas with middle-Eastern descent angers me. I have myself consulted the top Babalawos and Chief pirests of Lagos,etc., and they have all told me that this is false and must not be encouraged. you must drop this claim. it is WRONG and it is MISLEADING. if you want to lay your mind at rest, i suggest you go do a DNA test on Yorubas or on yourself (if you are Yoruba). that will convince you.
Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:34pm On Feb 19, 2013
martinseme: God bless the colonialists but most especially the evangelists for coming to the dark continent and bringing a great light to those in darkness for our eternal salvation from the grips of hell and death.

good. atleast you gave an honest xtian opinion, even though it is that of a traitor. thnx.
Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by tpia5: 12:02am On Feb 20, 2013
grandiose delusional. undecided

anyway, its clearly doubtful you're nigerian.

you just lift info from the internet and try to use it to make it seem like you're from nigeria.

you have arab ties no doubt, and most likely carribean ones.
Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by honeychild(f): 7:02am On Feb 20, 2013
Well as a Christian all I can say is that the Colonialists were a mixed blessing. Truthfully, they were not practicing the Christianity of the Bible, but a corrupted and perverted version. And their motives and methods were despicable.

But my real question is: Atheists, why are you still sheepishly following the white man? The white man said there was only one true God and all pagan idols were inferior spirits.....our ancestors believed them.

Now they have changed their mind and tell you there is no God.....you came from nothing and against all common sense, you SHEEPISHLY follow them. Who really are the Sheeple?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by Nobody: 8:59am On Feb 20, 2013
honeychild: Well as a Christian all I can say is that the Colonialists were a mixed blessing. Truthfully, they were not practicing the Christianity of the Bible, but a corrupted and perverted version. And their motives and methods were despicable.

But my real question is: Atheists, why are you still sheepishly following the white man? The white man said there was only one true God and all pagan idols were inferior spirits.....our ancestors believed them.

Now they have changed their mind and tell you there is no God.....you came from nothing and against all common sense, you SHEEPISHLY follow them. Who really are the Sheeple?

How foolish does one have to be to assume that atheism is a white thing?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by honeychild(f): 9:50am On Feb 20, 2013
Logicboy03:

How foolish does one have to be to assume that atheism is a white thing?

oh really? So your PAGAN ancestors were also atheists? and it just happens to be a co-incidence that Logicboy dId not 'de-convert' to atheism until he went to live in 'obodo oyibo'?
Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 20, 2013
honeychild:

oh really? So your PAGAN ancestors were also atheists? and it just happens to be a co-incidence that Logicboy dId not 'de-convert' to atheism until he went to live in 'obodo oyibo'?

1) Atheism is a universal thing. Anyone can stop believing in god on his own
2) My grandmother was an atheist/agnostic on her own without even speaking one word of english (cant speak english)
3) If my grandma could stop believing in our local pagan gods, what stopped some of our earlier ancestors from doing so?
4) There has been long recorded practice of atheism in Asia long before many European civilizations.
5) There are many Nigerains that became atheists in Nigeria by reading the bible and researching on their own

Atheism is not a white thing. Only foolish black AFrican people say so. And we wonder why blacks are backwards

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by honeychild(f): 10:25am On Feb 20, 2013
@Logicboy

and we are to believe your assertions because......? Okay provide a link which corroborates your claims let us verify.
Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by Nobody: 10:28am On Feb 20, 2013
honeychild: @Logicboy

and we are to believe your assertions because......? Okay provide a link which corroborates your claims let us verify.

It all started from your assertion that atheism is a white thing. Which you couldnt and can never prove logically

I made many claims in reply, some with logical reasoning and some with personal experience. What do you disagree with? That atheism is universal?
Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by honeychild(f): 2:13pm On Feb 20, 2013
Logicboy03:
4) There has been long recorded practice of atheism in Asia long before many European civilizations.

This is what I need you to verify.
Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Feb 20, 2013
honeychild:

This is what I need you to verify.

Logicboy03:

You cant take it that your white masters were not the first in everything

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atheism#History
Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Feb 20, 2013
Good work Jesoul!

At least, some of Tpia's false comments on colonial history were removed! wink
Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by JeSoul(f): 4:18pm On Feb 20, 2013
^and all four of you are this close to getting banned. There is no need for the insults. Final caution.
Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Feb 20, 2013
JeSoul: ^and all four of you are this close to getting banned. There is no need for the insults. Final caution.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Feb 20, 2013
THE WHITE MAN DID NOT WRITE THE BIBLE. THE BIBLE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE WHITE MAN. THE WHITE MAN IS ONLY THE FOURTH BEAST ( FOURTH EMPIRE ) ON EARTH. THE BIBLE HAS BEEN AROUND SINCE BEFORE THE FIRST BEAST ( BABYLONIAN EMPIRE ) EXISTED. THE BIBLE HAS BEEN AROUND THOUSANDS OF YEARS BEFORE THE WHITE MAN LEARNED HOW TO WALK AND TALK IN THE CAVES OF MT SEIR. OF COURSE IT WAS NOT CALLED THE BIBLE THEN.

SEE YOUR INFERIORITY COMPLEX IS SHOWING BECAUSE YOU ARE GIVING THE WHITE MAN WAY TOO MUCH CREDIT. WHAT THE WHITE MAN DID WHEN HIS KINGDOM GOT ESTABLISHED IS PUT WHITE IMAGES IN THE BIBLE AS IF HE IS THE ONE THE BIBLE IS TALKING ABOUT

1 MACCABEES 3 VS 48 And laid open the book of the law, wherein the heathen had sought to paint the likeness of their images. <<< ITS A PROPHESY THAT HAPPENED AND WAS PREDICTED THAT THE WHITE MAN WILL DO IT

2 THESSALONIANS Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. <<< WHITE MAN PUT HIS PICTURE UP AS GOD AND JESUS AND THE ANGELS SO THAT YOU CAN WORSHIP HIM

ROMANS 1 VS 23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, <<< SELF EXPLANATORY

SEE WHAT YOU ARE EXHIBITING IS CALLED INFERIORITY COMPLEX. INSTEAD OF STANDING UP AND FIGHTING FOR WHAT IS RIGHTLY YOURS ( WHICH IS THE BIBLE ) YOU COWER AWAY FROM THE WHITE MAN AND ALLOW HIM TO TAKE GLORY FOR A BOOK YOUR ANCESTORS WERE INSPIRED TO WRITE AND YOU COWER INTO WORSHIPPING WOODS AND STONES AND OTHER PAGAN IDOLS THAT YOU GOT FROM THE BABYLONIANS. YOU NEED TO GROW SOME BALLS MAN AND TAKE BACK WHAT IS YOURS INSTEAD OF TRYING TO TAKE WHAT IS NOT YOURS. WHAT IS YOURS IS THE BIBLE, YOU ARE AN ISRAELITE ( ASSUMING YOU ARE FROM THE SOUTHERN STATES OF NIGERIA ), AND WHAT IS NOT YOURS IS PAGANISM AND WOOD AND STONE AND CARVINGS WORSHIP. THIS IS BABYLONIAN CUSTOM THAT WAS UNLEASHED ON THE WHOLE WORLD DURING THE ANCIENT BABYLONIAN HAMITIC EMPIRE. AND IT WILL BEHOOVE YOU IF YOU ARE AN HAUSA MAN ( HAMITIC ) TO EMBRACE THE LORD BECAUSE THE COMING SALVATION IS ONLY FOR THE ISRAELITES. AS A HEATHEN YOU HAVE NOT PAID FOR REJECTING CHRIST SO IT IS YOUR TURN TO BE PUT IN HELL WHEN CHRIST RETURNS, SO IT WILL BEHOOVE YOU AS AN HAUSA MAN TO SEEK HIM AND QUIT THIS YOUR PAGAN FOOLISHNESS angry embarassed undecided grin

AND FOR YOUR INFORMATION THERE IS HEAVY PAYBACK FOR THE WHITE MAN WHEN CHRIST RETURNS. HE WILL SERVE SLAVERY AND WILL BE A SPOIL TO ALL NATIONS FOR WHAT HE DID DURING HIS SALVATION. YES THERE WILL BE SLAVERY IN HEAVEN ON EARTH
Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:03pm On Feb 20, 2013
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^someone please ban this mumu! angry
Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Feb 20, 2013
^^^^^^ IF YOU CANT TAKE THE HEAT STAY OUT THE KITCHEN. LET A REAL CHEF GET TO WORK UP IN HERE angry
Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 20, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^someone please ban this mumu! angry

At least he is less deluded than his brethren- Tpia. He acknowledges the slavery and implanting of a white Jesus on black africans.

However, the bible+igbo scrambled his brain somewhere.
Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:06pm On Feb 20, 2013
obadiah777: ^^^^^^ IF YOU CANT TAKE THE HEAT STAY OUT THE KITCHEN. LET A REAL CHEF GET TO WORK UP IN HERE angry

^^^^^^^^^^ hey listen! YOU ARE LUCKY THAT JESOUL IS BANNING ALL SWEARING COMMENTS! I HAVE KEPT MY TEMPER SO FAR!

I AM NOT INTERESTED IN HEARING YOUR BULLSH!T FAIRYTALES! angry angry angry angry
Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:09pm On Feb 20, 2013
Logicboy03:

At least he is less deluded than his brethren- Tpia. He acknowledges the slavery and implanting of a white Jesus on black africans.

that is true. but i wonder if he is a troll or he is seriously into making up these stories. because if he is, then i think he is a madman! angry
Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Feb 20, 2013
Logicboy03:

AND THE ACID SCRAMBLED YA BRAIN. ACID AND BURUKUTU
Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Feb 20, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

^^^^^^^^^^ hey listen! YOU ARE LUCKY THAT JESOUL IS BANNING ALL SWEARING COMMENTS! I HAVE KEPT MY TEMPER SO FAR!

I AM NOT INTERESTED IN HEARING YOUR BULLSH!T FAIRYTALES! angry angry angry angry
MAKE LIKE A MIME AND KEEP QUIET. angry
Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 20, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

that is true. but i wonder if he is a troll or he is seriously into making up these stories. because if he is, then i think he is a madman! angry
LMAO @ MADMAN grin grin grin YALL GOT WAY TOO MANY JOKES TODAY
Re: Nigerian Christians What Is Your Opinion On Colonialism? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:34pm On Feb 20, 2013
tpia@:

you have arab ties no doubt, and most likely carribean ones.

how st.upid of you to come to this conclusion. there are no Arab Pagans. and i am 100% anti-half breeds so carribean is out of question. i told you i am born Pagan and Maguzawa Hausa.

i think this is all you got in reply. to try to attack me with this strategy since you are out of replies. . *smh

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What We Lost Because Of Christianity In Africa. / Why God Is Patient And Merciful / What Are The Similarities Between Atheists And Muslims On Nairaland

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.