Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,302 members, 7,819,020 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:08 AM

Is The NIMC Recruitment Exercise A Scam? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is The NIMC Recruitment Exercise A Scam? (13899 Views)

Nigeria Airforce Recruitment 2016 Exercise(a Case Study Of 2014 Recruitment). / 2016 Nigerian Airforce Recruitment Exercise / Anyone With Info About The NIMC Recruitment? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The NIMC Recruitment Exercise A Scam? by Mentcee(m): 5:13am On Feb 19, 2013
May be I'm wrong or my eyes decieve me but I am sure of a warning (caveat) logo or sign on the NIMC website/portal when I applied for the NIMC job in the 2012 recruitment exercise (and even up till now) warning that people should beware of phishing websites advertising jobs @ NIMC and that the commission IS NOT RECRUITING. It is still there and moves across the page and stubbornly refuses to go away. Someone pls attest to this! Is it NIMC doing that or hackers or a mistake or what? Nobody appears to say something about this and its serious.

And now this widely circulating rumor that the whole exercise is a sham orchestrated by ex staff of NIMC who have now hacked into their website. Coupled with the incongrous and mindlessly thoughtless posting of candidates to states not chosen by them, and even the invitation of candidates who did not complete their application forms online.

And by the way, how on earth is it that about 85% of the applicants were posted to Ilorin even though they chose to be examined elsewhere?

Kindly see it at http://www.nimc.gov.ng/apply_cv.htm

Attached are the munched screens for ease of reference.

Re: Is The NIMC Recruitment Exercise A Scam? by frontroll: 7:29am On Feb 19, 2013
Mentcee: May be I'm wrong or my eyes decieve me but I am sure of a warning (caveat) logo or sign on the NIMC website/portal when I applied for the NIMC job in the 2012 recruitment exercise (and even up till now) warning that people should beware of phishing websites advertising jobs @ NIMC and that the commission IS NOT RECRUITING. It is still there and moves across the page and stubbornly refuses to go away. Someone pls attest to this! Is it NIMC doing that or hackers or a mistake or what? Nobody appears to say something about this and its serious.

And now this widely circulating rumor that the whole exercise is a sham orchestrated by ex staff of NIMC who have now hacked into their website. Coupled with the incongrous and mindlessly thoughtless posting of candidates to states not chosen by them, and even the invitation of candidates who did not complete their application forms online.

And by the way, how on earth is it that about 85% of the applicants were posted to Ilorin even though they chose to be examined elsewhere?

Kindly see it at http://www.nimc.gov.ng/apply_cv.htm

Attached are the munched screens for ease of reference.
my dear it was advertized on thisdai newspaper so I dnt fink its a scam, maybe u went to the rng site.
Re: Is The NIMC Recruitment Exercise A Scam? by ezenwaez(m): 7:41am On Feb 19, 2013
Or maybe you were not invited for the test?

4 Likes

Re: Is The NIMC Recruitment Exercise A Scam? by sonyjacobs(m): 7:53am On Feb 19, 2013
Make this people no just allow me embark on a long journey for no reason oh. angry

1 Like

Re: Is The NIMC Recruitment Exercise A Scam? by Beesam: 8:17am On Feb 19, 2013
@mentcee I appreciate ur concern bt I log in2 the site u gave n it is smhw different 4rm the form I filled den during the registration
Re: Is The NIMC Recruitment Exercise A Scam? by Mentcee(m): 8:53am On Feb 19, 2013
Beesam: @mentcee I appreciate ur concern bt I log in2 the site u gave n it is smhw different 4rm the form I filled den during the registration

@ Beesam, I used that site during the appli. Got my alert yesday morn and was invited to UniIlorin for the test slated for 27/2/13.

@ Ezenwa Ez, take note.

1 Like

Re: Is The NIMC Recruitment Exercise A Scam? by ifyalways(f): 9:02am On Feb 19, 2013
I went through the site and what i could deduct is that they are NOT recruiting currently but you can upload your CV at their site at any time.
Seems some people now hijacked the programme and their site possibly,and are inviting people for interview at Ilorin.
I could be wrong though,its all confusing undecided
Re: Is The NIMC Recruitment Exercise A Scam? by Nobody: 9:38am On Feb 19, 2013
ifyalways: I went through the site and what i could deduct is that they are NOT recruiting currently but you can upload your CV at their site at any time.
Seems some people now hijacked the programme and their site possibly,and are inviting people for interview at Ilorin.
I could be wrong though,its all confusing undecided

They are recruiting... No one hijacked d site. The warning was because people where claiming to help NIMC to recruit, so they want u to know that they'll do d recruitment themselves.
I called the abuja branch yesterday and they said they were d ones who sent the text.
Besides, if its fake, 24hours is enough for dem to come out and make an official statement.

1 Like

Re: Is The NIMC Recruitment Exercise A Scam? by Rebsy(f): 9:41am On Feb 19, 2013
I was invited too but mine is Minna nt Ilorin.
Re: Is The NIMC Recruitment Exercise A Scam? by chyzoo4u(m): 9:46am On Feb 19, 2013
Its real. Read about the recruiting process in one news dairy like that, may be I can dig it up.
Once again its real.
Re: Is The NIMC Recruitment Exercise A Scam? by ifyalways(f): 9:49am On Feb 19, 2013
tchidi:

They are recruiting... No one hijacked d site. The warning was because people where claiming to help NIMC to recruit, so they want u to know that they'll do d recruitment themselves.
I called the abuja branch yesterday and they said they were d ones who sent the text.
Besides, if its fake, 24hours is enough for dem to come out and make an official statement.
Good to know.
Re: Is The NIMC Recruitment Exercise A Scam? by dayojoy: 9:50am On Feb 19, 2013
It was also in the punch newspaper not only thisday
Re: Is The NIMC Recruitment Exercise A Scam? by Aafulenu(f): 10:09am On Feb 19, 2013
i dont think its a site. i dont persosally know anyone writing in illorin, most of my friend are lagos and enugu. mine is in enugu
Re: Is The NIMC Recruitment Exercise A Scam? by Rosie114(f): 10:32am On Feb 19, 2013
mine is ibadan? i dont tink is fake. most of my frnds are writing in minna and kwara state. pls who's going to ibadan? have not bin dre before am in abuja. tnks

2 Likes

Re: Is The NIMC Recruitment Exercise A Scam? by Nobody: 10:37am On Feb 19, 2013
Well, u will never think it is fake untill it dawns on u like what happened during last year's NDDC foreign scholarship programme where people who were in UK during the aptitude test and never took part in the Oral interview came home to pick award letters.
Re: Is The NIMC Recruitment Exercise A Scam? by tuyi19: 10:56am On Feb 19, 2013
i was invited for the test, my centre is ibadan but my fear is that i did not complete the application then and i received mails from then on 3 different occassion asking me to complete the application which i ignore but i am invited now and in their site, there is nothing like the recruitment exxercise in even when i checked their carrers portal. well, i just pray it is real.
Re: Is The NIMC Recruitment Exercise A Scam? by Nobody: 11:05am On Feb 19, 2013
tuyi19: i was invited for the test, my centre is ibadan but my fear is that i did not complete the application then and i received mails from then on 3 different occassion asking me to complete the application which i ignore but i am invited now and in their site, there is nothing like the recruitment exxercise in even when i checked their carrers portal. well, i just pray it is real.

Their site doesn't have it...its d nimcjobs.com that has it. Maybe they sent it to everyone who as much as clicked on d site and began d application, though I doubt! I have numerous friends who didn't finish and where not invited. I still maintain that NIMC should have made a formal statement if the text msg was a scam.
When I called abuja to ask for a change of venue, I was told that they intentionally sent ppl far so only the ones who needed d job will go. That's my 2cent sha..
Re: Is The NIMC Recruitment Exercise A Scam? by Bobo2: 11:08am On Feb 19, 2013
The exam iS true not scam but what I blv is that after the site application close,some people try to login which decline.....the exam is real on cuming saturday
Re: Is The NIMC Recruitment Exercise A Scam? by Prettychiz4real(f): 11:08am On Feb 19, 2013
Hmmm....
My dear, I wonder o. Got an sms yesterday inviting me for NIMC
interview at Unilorin CBT centre on 25th February. The point is that I
chose Port Harcourt as exam centre. How come dey carry me put for Kwara
State? Nawaoh!
Re: Is The NIMC Recruitment Exercise A Scam? by Ysboy(m): 11:10am On Feb 19, 2013
Writing mine in Ibadan @ the CBT centre, UI. I'll be glad 2 help anybody with descriptions/location directive. So,ring me up Rosie114 on 08021145605. Others are also welcome 2 call me. Best of luck everybody.
Re: Is The NIMC Recruitment Exercise A Scam? by Amazingift01(f): 11:19am On Feb 19, 2013
Mine is FUTA in akure.

1 Like

Re: Is The NIMC Recruitment Exercise A Scam? by Innocent314: 11:19am On Feb 19, 2013
This NIMC is nt scam at all, i notice dt all those dt chose p.h at exam choice were all asked to go to LLORIN, while most pipo dt chose ABUJA were asked to go to NIGER STATE & SOME TO AKURE...... ALSO those dt chose lagos were posted to ibadan, akure.... I dnt know abt d eastern state ,bt i knw they were posted to enugu...... Although i was posted to llorin instead of p.h & am in edo state now. av gone out to find out d park where they told me is 3,050naira frm benin to llorin..... Direct car to llorin.& is 7hrs journey
Re: Is The NIMC Recruitment Exercise A Scam? by onyiekene: 11:22am On Feb 19, 2013
hope is real.my exam centre is Unilag,lagos and i reside in lagos.well hoping to see the out come next week.
Re: Is The NIMC Recruitment Exercise A Scam? by lillyveezy: 11:31am On Feb 19, 2013
if it was a scam,there wouldn't be a write up on Punch yesterday about their recruitment exercise.They contracted it out according to the news,158,000 applicants was gotten aside those who did not complete their application.Its no scam.
Re: Is The NIMC Recruitment Exercise A Scam? by obeleking(m): 11:49am On Feb 19, 2013
pls guys what kind of exam are we expecting that day,. aptitude test,etc.
Re: Is The NIMC Recruitment Exercise A Scam? by Zizibest(f): 11:49am On Feb 19, 2013
Wz posted to illorin but chose phc. Wnt 2 knw if we wil get transport refund as it wil cost me close to 20,000k to participate

1 Like

Re: Is The NIMC Recruitment Exercise A Scam? by naso2(m): 11:59am On Feb 19, 2013
I think its not a scam. Does anyone know if their pay is good? I don't want to undergo some stress and later discover that my current job pays better.
Re: Is The NIMC Recruitment Exercise A Scam? by cmonek(m): 12:00pm On Feb 19, 2013
didnt complete the form when i applied but got the iv n has printed mine. Just dont want to waste my tfare and get to the place and wont write the test. Thats why am scared about this. What do i do?

1 Like

Re: Is The NIMC Recruitment Exercise A Scam? by debedebe(m): 12:04pm On Feb 19, 2013
tuyi19: i was invited for the test, my centre is ibadan but my fear is that i did not complete the application then and i received mails from then on 3 different occassion asking me to complete the application which i ignore but i am invited now and in their site, there is nothing like the recruitment exxercise in even when i checked their carrers portal. well, i just pray it is real.
Exactly same happen 2 me,i did not complete my application,i.e i did not upload my pix,even i received text 2 complete my applicatn online but i ignore it since d site refuse 2 upload my pix,i was invited yesday 2 CBT center in Ibadan by 8am on 28th,am going frm lag 2 Ib... Hit me on 08068681491
Re: Is The NIMC Recruitment Exercise A Scam? by homebucks: 12:17pm On Feb 19, 2013
I have decided not to comment again cos people called me several names yesterday when I posted my findings about this NIMC invite.

I made a call yesterday to a senior staff of NIMC and he confirmed that the invites were fake.
Old staff who were disengaged from the commission have taken over the site.

He said their intention was to rubbish the whole exercise and frustrate NIMC.

He further said NIMC will publish details of the test in newspaper in March.

I was invited to Minna for the text and am not currently working to tell you that I need the job as much as you guys do.

My concern was to caution people to do their findings just like i did in order not to waste time and resources traveling to locations.

"I have tried my best" Don't be too desperate please.
Re: Is The NIMC Recruitment Exercise A Scam? by begwong: 12:27pm On Feb 19, 2013
na_so: I think its not a scam. Does anyone know if their pay is good? I don't want to undergo some stress and later discover that my current job pays better.
pray u Get the job first...
Re: Is The NIMC Recruitment Exercise A Scam? by naso2(m): 12:40pm On Feb 19, 2013
begwong:
pray u Get the job first...

To write the test I will have to obtain permission fron the office because 8am on a wednesday is quite a busy time for me. My point is I don't want to undergo all these and find in the end that its not worth the stress. I will pray when I confirm that its the kind of job I want.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Hobark International Limited (HIL) Fresh Job Recruitment (5 Positions) / British American Tobacco Online Test / Guinness Nigeria Plc Is Recruiting For HORECA Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.