Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,926 members, 7,828,207 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Nigerian Appointed To Lead ECOWAS Mission To Mali - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Appointed To Lead ECOWAS Mission To Mali (6453 Views)

Nigerian Female Soldier Heads To Mali (pic) / Nigerian Airforce Deploys 2 Supersonic Aircrafts To Mali / Nigerian Warplanes Head To Mali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Appointed To Lead ECOWAS Mission To Mali by Ptimes: 10:08am On Feb 19, 2013
The ECOWAS Commission has appointed Mr Subair Kamar, a Deputy Police Commissioner, to take charge of the African-led International Assistance Mission to Mali (AFISMA).

This is contained in a statement issued on Monday in Abuja by CSP Frank Mba, the Deputy Force Public Relations Officer.

The statement said the appointment followed the recommendation of the Inspector-General of Police, and that until his appointment, Kamar was in the Department of Training at the Force Headquarters, Abuja.

It said that Kamar had served in various strategic positions in Nigeria and in the United Nations.

The statement said the Commissioner distinguished himself in the UN Preventive Deployment Force (UNPREDEP) in the Republic of Macedonia and the UN mission in the Democratic Republic of Congo (MONUC).

It said that Kamar would assume duty at the end of February.

http://leadership.ng/nga/articles/48036/2013/02/18/ecowas_appoints_nigeria_police_officer_lead_african_mission_mali.html

Re: Nigerian Appointed To Lead ECOWAS Mission To Mali by iamswizz(m): 1:46pm On Feb 19, 2013
ok...
Re: Nigerian Appointed To Lead ECOWAS Mission To Mali by Vlyrics: 1:46pm On Feb 19, 2013
Okay.. Next topic plz... Boring
Re: Nigerian Appointed To Lead ECOWAS Mission To Mali by TRILLIONIAR: 1:47pm On Feb 19, 2013
second sha
Re: Nigerian Appointed To Lead ECOWAS Mission To Mali by ikmuan(m): 1:47pm On Feb 19, 2013
Gre8test achievement of M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ lyf! First to comment.
Re: Nigerian Appointed To Lead ECOWAS Mission To Mali by prince4pro(m): 1:49pm On Feb 19, 2013
And then?
Re: Nigerian Appointed To Lead ECOWAS Mission To Mali by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:51pm On Feb 19, 2013
Good 4 him. Wish him well.
ikmuan: Gre8test achievement of M̶̲̥̅γ̲̣̣̥ lyf! First to comment.
hopeless fellow.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Appointed To Lead ECOWAS Mission To Mali by alfredo4u(m): 1:53pm On Feb 19, 2013
we neva fight boko finish, na alqada we want go fight. i sorry sorry oh...i sorry 4 nijeria, who even sang dis song?
Re: Nigerian Appointed To Lead ECOWAS Mission To Mali by Nobody: 1:54pm On Feb 19, 2013
We don here.
Next?
Re: Nigerian Appointed To Lead ECOWAS Mission To Mali by Nobody: 1:55pm On Feb 19, 2013
I am sure it is because we won the afcon because we nigerians are sharp in battle and we are capable of leading to the ecowas because we are giving plenty money for the cowas that is why we are befiting enough to be leading in the ecowas.
Re: Nigerian Appointed To Lead ECOWAS Mission To Mali by gunpoint(m): 1:55pm On Feb 19, 2013
Hahahahaahaha. . . grin
Dumbass angry
Re: Nigerian Appointed To Lead ECOWAS Mission To Mali by Libkid(m): 1:55pm On Feb 19, 2013
We lead while oda wester african countries follow
Re: Nigerian Appointed To Lead ECOWAS Mission To Mali by Tyche(m): 1:56pm On Feb 19, 2013
Na our money dem wan chop
Re: Nigerian Appointed To Lead ECOWAS Mission To Mali by gunpoint(m): 1:57pm On Feb 19, 2013
alfredo4u: we neva fight boko finish, na alqada we want go fight. i sorry sorry oh...i sorry 4 nijeria, who even sang dis song?
Emmm. . .
Ur pastor? undecided
Re: Nigerian Appointed To Lead ECOWAS Mission To Mali by Capnd143(m): 2:00pm On Feb 19, 2013
gunpoint:
Emmm. . .
Ur pastor? undecided
alfredo4u: we neva fight boko finish, na alqada we want go fight. i sorry sorry oh...i sorry 4 nijeria, who even sang dis song?
[b] i still dont understand your level of ignorance! Why did nigeria sent troops to mali in the same place, is it not to cut links boko boys have with alqueada. No wonder the Bible says "for lack of knowlegde my people have perished".
Re: Nigerian Appointed To Lead ECOWAS Mission To Mali by executinal(m): 2:01pm On Feb 19, 2013
Ok
Re: Nigerian Appointed To Lead ECOWAS Mission To Mali by tropicanna: 2:03pm On Feb 19, 2013
Now dat we re aware
Re: Nigerian Appointed To Lead ECOWAS Mission To Mali by EDDYIYKE(m): 2:03pm On Feb 19, 2013
Hmmmmmmmm
Re: Nigerian Appointed To Lead ECOWAS Mission To Mali by safarigirl(f): 2:09pm On Feb 19, 2013
Who dem been wan appoint before?

We have the best military in West Africa, we sent the highest delegation...if dem no appoint Nigerian kasala go burst for camp, even ECOWAS people know how stubborn Nigerians are, if they're not recognised as leaders, they will make sure the leader doesn't have it easy.

And with the highest delegation, you wouldn't want to risk mutiny
Re: Nigerian Appointed To Lead ECOWAS Mission To Mali by ocelot2006(m): 2:12pm On Feb 19, 2013

Why the hell do you think we're in Mali? Who do you think were trained in those terror camps destroyed during the ongoing operation serval?

Lawd....I hate ignorant person......
Re: Nigerian Appointed To Lead ECOWAS Mission To Mali by Temismith(f): 2:15pm On Feb 19, 2013
This post has been hiding8-)
Re: Nigerian Appointed To Lead ECOWAS Mission To Mali by omiobo: 2:20pm On Feb 19, 2013

Yes! I remember...your late grandfather.
Re: Nigerian Appointed To Lead ECOWAS Mission To Mali by White007(m): 2:26pm On Feb 19, 2013
safarigirl: Who dem been wan appoint before?

We have the best military in West Africa, we sent the highest delegation...if dem no appoint Nigerian kasala go burst for camp, even ECOWAS people know how stubborn Nigerians are, if they're not recognised as leaders, they will make sure the leader doesn't have it easy.

And with the highest delegation, you wouldn't want to risk mutiny

FYI, Nigerian delegation ain't the highest in Mali, the Chadians are. So, i don't think the Nigerian was chosen b'cuz of that, rather we were chosen cuz we are probably the best for the assignment/ job and experience to boot.
Re: Nigerian Appointed To Lead ECOWAS Mission To Mali by OluEmmaAss: 2:45pm On Feb 19, 2013
Yet our own roof is on fire back home!
Re: Nigerian Appointed To Lead ECOWAS Mission To Mali by Anebipeter: 3:02pm On Feb 19, 2013
Is Nja real fit to fight in the frontline in mali? we see hw many of d soldiers died in maiduguri nt 2 talk Mali dat is Al aeda
Re: Nigerian Appointed To Lead ECOWAS Mission To Mali by INFO70: 3:11pm On Feb 19, 2013
HE MIGHT BE THE NEXT TARGET FOR BOKO HARAM
Re: Nigerian Appointed To Lead ECOWAS Mission To Mali by vitality22(m): 3:14pm On Feb 19, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Good 4 him. Wish him well.
hopeless fellow.
Very hopeless fellow indeed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Appointed To Lead ECOWAS Mission To Mali by vitality22(m): 3:17pm On Feb 19, 2013
Are you this hopeless in life?
Re: Nigerian Appointed To Lead ECOWAS Mission To Mali by Sagamite(m): 3:31pm On Feb 19, 2013
Incompetence to go and train incompetent people.

No wonder Africa is backwards!
Re: Nigerian Appointed To Lead ECOWAS Mission To Mali by onitshaigbo(m): 3:34pm On Feb 19, 2013
HOW WILL THIS AFFECT THE PRICE OF GARRI?
Re: Nigerian Appointed To Lead ECOWAS Mission To Mali by ocelot2006(m): 3:41pm On Feb 19, 2013
Anebi peter: Is Nja real fit to fight in the frontline in mali? we see hw many of d soldiers died in maiduguri nt 2 talk Mali dat is Al aeda

So Liberia, Sierre Leone, Niger Delta insurgency, and the Boko Haram insurgencywere all what? child's play?

By the way, how manu soldiers died in Maiduguri? Please do tell.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does This Mean GEJ Will Loose The 2015 Election? / Zahra Buhari Updated Her Status On Facebook / Father Mbaka Identifies Key Suspects In Plot To Kill Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.