Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,209 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:01 PM

Oscar Pistorius Charged With Premeditated Murder - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Oscar Pistorius Charged With Premeditated Murder (11483 Views)

Oscar Pistorius: The Final Countdown / Oscar Pistorius Charged With Murder Of Reeva Steenkamp / Pistorius Crushed His Girlfriend's Skull Before Shooting Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oscar Pistorius Charged With Premeditated Murder by olabiz2010: 2:08pm On Feb 19, 2013
Oscar Pistorius affidavit in full – his account of what happened
oday was the bail court application hearing for Oscar Pistorius and the judge upgraded the charge against Oscar Pistorius to premeditated murder. Pistorius cried heavily when judge Nair ruled that the murder charge against him be treated as a schedule six offence.

In an affividavit after the ruling, Pistorius made the following statements read out by his lawyer.
[b]I am an adult male, SA citizen and applicant in this application and seek to be released on bail.

I fail to understand how I could be charged with murder, let alone premeditated murder because I had no intention to kill.

I had no intention to kill my girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.

I have been informed I have been acused of murder – I deny the accusation.

Nothing can be further from the truth that I planned the murder of my girlfriend.

On 13 Feb Reeva would have gone out with her friends, me with mine. She wanted to stay at home.

I was watching TV. My legs were off. She was doing yoga. At the end of the evening we got into bed.

I’m accutely aware of people gaining entries to homes to commit crime, I’ve received death threats.

I sleep with my 9mm under my bed. I woke up to close the sliding door and heard a noise in the bathroom.

I was scared and didn’t switch on the light. I got my gun and moved towards the bathroom. I screamed at the intruder because I did not have my legs on I felt vulnerable. I fired shots through the bathroom door and told Reeva to call police.

I walked back to the bed and realised Reeva was not in bed. Its then it dawned on me it could be her in there.

I kicked the door open. Called paramedics and complex security. I tried to carry her down stairs for help.

I tried to help her but she died in my arms.

With the benefit of hindsight I realise that Reeva went to the bathroom when I went to close the balcony door.

I make this affadavit of my own free will and have not been influenced. Contents is true and correct.

I am an international sports star, I will not evade my trial.

After the shooting I did not flee the scene. I remained until the police arrived.

I dont know of any witnesses in this matter, and I won’t interfere with any witnesses.[/b]

As for me , I find it very difficult to believe this dude. So sad.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Charged With Premeditated Murder by Chinwem(f): 2:30pm On Feb 19, 2013
No blades allowed in prison

His life is changed forever
Re: Oscar Pistorius Charged With Premeditated Murder by vm26: 2:37pm On Feb 19, 2013
dopeJemi:

God.. Let Him be granted a baiL sad

bAIL FOR WHAT??WERE YOU GOIN TO SAY THIS IF IT WAS YOURT SISTER WHO WAS MURDERED.ABLE BODIED OR DISABLED PPLE NEED TO BEHAVE.HE IS NOT DISABLED IN THE BRAINS BY THE WAY.THE LAW IS A COBWEB IT DOESNT CATCH ANYONE WHO DOESNT COME TO IT FULLSTOP.

1 Like

Re: Oscar Pistorius Charged With Premeditated Murder by Anvaller: 2:44pm On Feb 19, 2013
Kx: In his mind, he will be saying something like:

How cruel can the world get?
Does not have 2 legs like a normal human being.
Now gona spend time in prison .

If only the court could temper justice with mercy in view of this guy's condition pre-meditated murder or not.

Can't believe someone wrote this!!! He should be jailed for life... and if I knew who u are.. I would keep u at an arms length for u might be as murderous as Pistorious.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Charged With Premeditated Murder by touchmehard: 2:55pm On Feb 19, 2013
This is a big lesson to all. We must learn to manage anger and have a grip on our emotions. Secondly to my fellow ladies, men are very egoistic, therefore we must learn to stop nagging or exchanging words with our husbands/boyfriends/ fathers/brothers. Once their ego is hurt, they may do anything just to tell ou that they are the ones in charge. A word is enough for the wise

Re: Oscar Pistorius Charged With Premeditated Murder by violent(m): 3:01pm On Feb 19, 2013
Even if it was an intruder, it would be cold premeditated murder to shoot them through a locked door. He was in no danger, there were people in the house. He should have called the police and waited with his gun in sight of the door.

Pistorius knew there was someone contained behind the locked bathroom door. He put his legs on, walked over to the door, and shot through it to kill the person inside.

This son of a maggot must be made to pay for putting the girl's parent through so much pain and mystery.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Charged With Premeditated Murder by madjune(m): 3:22pm On Feb 19, 2013
If she clearly cheated on him and came to give him a "mocking" VAL gift, she got what she deserved because if it were me, I will bite her ears off before shooting her. But, if na ordinary argument or some moi moi talk and Oscar shot her, then Oscar should be hung with his fake limbs.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Charged With Premeditated Murder by lolo247(m): 4:18pm On Feb 19, 2013
U r home with ur girlfriend, u hear sounds in the bathroom and u shoot thru the bathroom door before checking if she was still in the room or not. Smells of BS..
Re: Oscar Pistorius Charged With Premeditated Murder by elo500: 4:30pm On Feb 19, 2013

If only the court could temper justice with mercy in view of this guy's condition pre-meditated murder or not.

If na ur sister, u for pray make he get mercy abi?? Like it or not, the lady was someone's daughter, sister, aunt, bosom friend, e.t.c.
Let him face justice!! He would have thought of his condition before firing those shots lipsrsealed
Re: Oscar Pistorius Charged With Premeditated Murder by Myself2(m): 4:31pm On Feb 19, 2013
I used to admire Oscar Pistorious when his bad sides were still unknown,however I struck him off my list when he baselessly accused a particular athelete of cheating,having his blades modified blah blah blah.I saw a very deeply envious and jealous fellow.Envy and jealousy can drive a man over dangerous cliffs.

I also read where he almost shot a friend of his in a restaurant,add envy,jealous to a love for guns,then you have a disaster waiting to happen.

Im sure in due time,the lid will be blown off his steroid use and all will see him for the fraud he has been all along
Re: Oscar Pistorius Charged With Premeditated Murder by ochallo: 4:44pm On Feb 19, 2013
dopeJemi:

ExactLy! Dat guy z not stupιd, he doesn't Live in a desert.. If he knew d person was his gf, he wudnt be stupιd enof 2 shoot her 4 times when he knows hez gat neighbours.. D onLy reason he wud shoot 4 times is if he suspected d person was a burglar..c'mon, we r humans, we wudnt mind scattering our house wiv bulLets as long as 1 touches d thief.. I know its an error buh dey r trynna deviate 4rm dat fact

please stop saying all these nonsense, they had a fight, the neighbors heard it, she ran to the bathroom and locked herself up, he threaten to break the door down and then went for his gun and started shooting through the bathroom door. if a bulgar is in your house and is locked in the bathroom, in a place like south africa, you call the police and they would come and arrest them. His last gf also testified against him. Stop this biased thinking.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Charged With Premeditated Murder by Artistree: 4:44pm On Feb 19, 2013
safarigirl: Things are not looking good for this guy. Cos there's a lot against him.

First off, hope the gun he used is authorised.
Secondly, did he not hear her scream at the first or second shot or something?
Thirdly, if he was hiding behind the bathroom door, how did he get a clear aim to shoot four times?

Most importantly, if it truly was a burglar, does that give him the right to take human life?

A man who should be worth millions, the hope of many disabled people of the world, the role model miLlions looked up to, both abled and disabled, throws everything away in a moment of pure stewpidity, just cos he doesn't want some poor dude to take a few wrist watches and cuff-links?

His and Lance Armstrong's stories will make for best-selling biographies, that's for sure.
I love you...
Re: Oscar Pistorius Charged With Premeditated Murder by dopeJemi: 4:54pm On Feb 19, 2013
ochallo:

please stop saying all these nonsense, they had a fight, the neighbors heard it, she ran to the bathroom and locked herself up, he threaten to break the door down and then went for his gun and started shooting through the bathroom door. if a bulgar is in your house and is locked in the bathroom, in a place like south africa, you call the police and they would come and arrest them. His last gf also testified against him. Stop this biased thinking.

Where did u get dis story 4rm pls? And which of d so calLed neighbours av come 2 testify against him? So many stories av been toLd abt dis incident, y do u choose 2 believe dis particuLar one? Wah makes u fink hez not telLing d truth? I ask again, where did u get ur story from.. Provide d source
Re: Oscar Pistorius Charged With Premeditated Murder by ochallo: 4:59pm On Feb 19, 2013
there has not been any court dates yet, this was reported by bleed, the neighbours were questioned and they had noises, read all the updates from this story, that guy is a monster and the judge got it right, no one shoots someone 4 times without the intention of killing , that is premeditated murder.
http://news.yahoo.com/witness-heard-non-stop-shouting-pistorius-home-095415411--spt.html
Re: Oscar Pistorius Charged With Premeditated Murder by dopeJemi: 5:17pm On Feb 19, 2013
ochallo: there has not been any court dates yet, this was reported by bleed, the neighbours were questioned and they had noises, read all the updates from this story, that guy is a monster and the judge got it right, no one shoots someone 4 times without the intention of killing , that is premeditated murder.

Some of d updates aLso states dat he tot d person was a burgLar.. Nau lemme ask u.. if u stay in a pLace were d crime rate increases everyday or week and u av a gun in ur crib and at nite u heard strange noises and u aLso found out dat ur door lock had been broken, nau telL me wud u shoot once at d direction were u suspect d criminaL 2 be or u wud raid d pLace wiv bulLets hoping 1 touches d criminaL.. Okay lemme analyse it wiv ur own story.. If u had probLems wiv ur chick and she ran into d bathroom.. Wud u shoot continuously when u know u av neighbours and stilL calL d poLice cuz 4rm wah he said, he calLed d cops himseLf.. Buh if he realLy did shoot his g.f dat way den I must say he z dumb.. Let's just wait and see d outcome of dis case
Re: Oscar Pistorius Charged With Premeditated Murder by DukeNija(m): 5:28pm On Feb 19, 2013
Oscar Pistol'rious should be put away for a long time.
Bloody Murderer!

Reeva Steenkamp was a great Woman.
You needed to see her last tweets and you'll be touched. She was an advocate for peace, womens rights and even tagged Pistol'rious on her Vals day page.

No matter what she did wrong, no one deserves to die that way.
Imagine being repeatedly shot by the one who claimed to Love and cherish you.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Charged With Premeditated Murder by Blueeyedboi(m): 5:41pm On Feb 19, 2013
diggler: Pistorius should be tried and if found guilty, the full wrath of SA Law visited upon him.

Now my take:

that dude is as guilty as bleep.

Do you guys remember his antics at the last paralympics? I've also watch a couple of his interviews on youtube and with benefit of hindsight I can say he has anger management issues.

What I think happened:

He has a fight with the girl friend. it gets nasty, she goes into the bathroom to cool off or hid from him, he picks his glock in a fit of rage and basts her to the afterlife.

Pistorius should HANG! I know a lot of wonderful disabled people so, someone else will take his place as beacon of whatever.

...Spot on...u spoke my mind...d brazilian beat him to second position en instead of him 2b cheerful in defeat he undermined his opponents performance by claiming he (d gold medalist) ran d race with longer prosthetic blades thereby taking d shine off his victory...he obviously dropped made d statement in a fit of rage forgetting his status as a public figure in that brief moment of madness..his comments generated quite a huge outcry in d olympic community en he came out to render a public apology en formally congratulated his opponent in a bid to redeem his already battered image...make out of dis wareva u will but i sincerely think he killed that girl...there's no question about that..
Re: Oscar Pistorius Charged With Premeditated Murder by kq(m): 5:47pm On Feb 19, 2013
There have also been reports of Oscar having anger issues. One NBC reporter after the coverage of the Olympics last year narrated an incident where they were setting up lights and camera at Oscar's home for an interview and the crew left his garage door opened. Oscar came back home, saw the garage door open and yelled at his house keeper for leaving the door open. The interview crew had to calm him down that it was there fault but he was in visible rage at just the fact that his garage door was open.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Charged With Premeditated Murder by olumidazz: 5:57pm On Feb 19, 2013
I have lived in SA long enough to know that there is a high crime rate in prime areas such is where the crime took place. 4 those of u commenting about neighbours coming to rescue, u obviously don't know how developed the city is and u think its like in nigeria where ur next door friend knows wht is happening in ur bedroom. I virtually slept with a double mouthed machete under my bed every night because of bugglers, however I find his stories tainted with lies on this issue, if he claimed that the door was broken the reason he fire shorts in the bathroom, my question now is who broke the door for which reason he fired the shots at his girlfriend who he claimed they went to bed together. His alibi is defective.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Charged With Premeditated Murder by Limaoscar: 6:09pm On Feb 19, 2013
Things are not looking good for this guy. Cos there's a lot against him.

First off, hope the gun he used is authorised.
Secondly, did he not hear her scream at the first or second shot or something?
Thirdly, if he was hiding behind the bathroom door, how did he get a clear aim to shoot four times?

Most importantly, if it truly was a burglar, does that give him the right to take human life?

A man who should be worth millions, the hope of many disabled people of the world, the role model miLlions looked up to, both abled and disabled, throws everything away in a moment of pure stewpidity, just cos he doesn't want some poor dude to take a few wrist watches and cuff-links?

His and Lance Armstrong's stories will make for best-selling biographies, that's for sure.

Dude, that guy has concealed anger...those very close to him may one day tell and make some money when He is safely behind bars and hopefully for the rest of His life. Now everybody is singing the "He is a jolly good fellow" chorus until things cool-off and they don't feel threatened to spill. He has lied all through His interogation and trial. He shot her point blank. Lots of blood in the bathroom showed forensic experts that the girl may have ran into the bathroom when He picked up a gun and probably locked herself in ...bleeding not to be killed. Oscar fired four...I mean four shots through the bathroom door and all He can think of was "break-in"...Hello, from the bathrom? ...Oh well, they also found Steroids at His bedroom. Plus neighbors say they've always fought......
Finally, please check the last time this guy lost a race to some other athlete and He was so angry He protested for a long time about the other fellows longer blades....
Some of these guys with physical dissabilities can be very mean you know ...but Hey, I'm not God but He definitely NOT telling the truth yet.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Charged With Premeditated Murder by eddy1977(m): 6:17pm On Feb 19, 2013
omiobo: Sorry bro,no light at the end of this tunnel.

Yes there is a light at the end of the tunnel,its from the train.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Charged With Premeditated Murder by Limaoscar: 6:19pm On Feb 19, 2013
Oscar Pistorius affidavit in full – his account of what happened
oday was the bail court application hearing for Oscar Pistorius and the judge upgraded the charge against Oscar Pistorius to premeditated murder. Pistorius cried heavily when judge Nair ruled that the murder charge against him be treated as a schedule six offence.

In an affividavit after the ruling, Pistorius made the following statements read out by his lawyer.
I am an adult male, SA citizen and applicant in this application and seek to be released on bail.

I fail to understand how I could be charged with murder, let alone premeditated murder because I had no intention to kill.

I had no intention to kill my girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp.

I have been informed I have been acused of murder – I deny the accusation.

Nothing can be further from the truth that I planned the murder of my girlfriend.

On 13 Feb Reeva would have gone out with her friends, me with mine. She wanted to stay at home.

I was watching TV. My legs were off. She was doing yoga. At the end of the evening we got into bed.

I’m accutely aware of people gaining entries to homes to commit crime, I’ve received death threats.

I sleep with my 9mm under my bed. I woke up to close the sliding door and heard a noise in the bathroom.

I was scared and didn’t switch on the light. I got my gun and moved towards the bathroom. I screamed at the intruder because I did not have my legs on I felt vulnerable. I fired shots through the bathroom door and told Reeva to call police.

I walked back to the bed and realised Reeva was not in bed. Its then it dawned on me it could be her in there.

I kicked the door open. Called paramedics and complex security. I tried to carry her down stairs for help.

I tried to help her but she died in my arms.

With the benefit of hindsight I realise that Reeva went to the bathroom when I went to close the balcony door.

I make this affadavit of my own free will and have not been influenced. Contents is true and correct.

I am an international sports star, I will not evade my trial.

After the shooting I did not flee the scene. I remained until the police arrived.

I dont know of any witnesses in this matter, and I won’t interfere with any witnesses.

As for me , I find it very difficult to believe this dude. So sad.

This Oscar dude is a bloody lying killer. You both got into Bed at the end of the evening and when you woke up to close the sliding door, and picked-up your gun from under your pillow, and made for the door or bathroom...blablabla and you didn't even check to see if your gurl friend was still in Bed...that Bed must be so large and deep those who sleep on it have to dissapear in the eyes of their partners...Oscar you no try at all!
Re: Oscar Pistorius Charged With Premeditated Murder by creativemusic: 6:22pm On Feb 19, 2013
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Oscar Pistorius Charged With Premeditated Murder by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 19, 2013
[size=18pt]So is it normal for burglars to lock themselves in the bathroom before they have even been sighted?[/size]
Re: Oscar Pistorius Charged With Premeditated Murder by Nobody: 6:56pm On Feb 19, 2013
[size=18pt]3am in the morning you wake up and hear noise, you do not check to see where your girlfriend is. You pick up your gun and hear noise in the bathroom and you shoot throught the door 4 times and do not hear the screams of your gf after the first shot?

very hard to believe[/size]
Re: Oscar Pistorius Charged With Premeditated Murder by Nobody: 6:58pm On Feb 19, 2013

Do you have a sister, daughter or female relatives? Typical Nigerian and if this shiit had happened in Nigeria you'd be crying for justice and calling the system corrupt for letting him go.

@ topic So you hear something in your restroom and you assume its an intruder before you assume its someone who lives there then you put your legs on and shoot thru the door and while you're putting on your legs it doesn't dawn on you that your gf's not in the room? Then you call her name (why if you thought she was in the bed?) she doesn't answer so you shoot to kill? Okay got it.

If you supposedly heard an intruder the first thing a MAN would do is to look over to see if his GF is okay and NOT put his legs on an fire 4 BLIND ROUNDS through a bathroom door!!! Why didn't he call her name to see if she'd answer? He's a liar and I didn't think he deserved to be in the Olympics with those "blades" seems it's an advantage over runners with real legs who feel the pain, the aches and the muscle spasms!!!

They need to take his legs back from him put him in prison and let him lay there and die.
Re: Oscar Pistorius Charged With Premeditated Murder by Finland(m): 7:25pm On Feb 19, 2013
For every reason this guy does not sound believable. You have your girlfriend in the house and you heard noises in the bathroom, the first thing a normal person will do is to check the bed for his girlfriend before thinking about any intruder. You picked a gun from under your bed but you could not check if your girlfriend was in bed. You fired 4 shots, 4! Without being shot at. When you shot the first bullet you didn't hear your girlfriend jump out of bed still you continued shooting.....you are a murderer! Case closed!
Re: Oscar Pistorius Charged With Premeditated Murder by morpheus24: 9:03pm On Feb 19, 2013
Finland: For every reason this guy does not sound believable. You have your girlfriend in the house and you heard noises in the bathroom, the first thing a normal person will do is to check the bed for his girlfriend before thinking about any intruder. You picked a gun from under your bed but you could not check if your girlfriend was in bed. You fired 4 shots, 4! Without being shot at. When you shot the first bullet you didn't hear your girlfriend jump out of bed still you continued shooting.....you are a murderer! Case closed!

Do you blame him. A white South African man will use any excuse concerning his "safety" from "black burglars" to justify his egotistical desire to control everyting aroung him.

of course blame the situation in the country.you can't blame pure innocent Oscar!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

African Union Suspends Sudan, Demands Civilian Government / US Commits Additional $55m In Emergency Funds To Nigeria’s Food Security / Canada Minister Resigns After Buying $16 Orange Juice Outside Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.