Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... - Webmasters (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... (11912 Views)

Top Traffic (most Visited) Website 2015 / Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians / Nairaland The 8th Most Visited Website In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by EkoAtlantic: 11:13am On Feb 20, 2013
dubem3: charlie, forget that thing.
you Nigerians are always making noise.
come to Ghana, we have lots of those frequently visited websites but we don't make any noise bout it...koffi, come tell them.

Nairaland is for English speaking countries, not for junk countries with adulterated and African dialect mixed english. Please keep off.
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by terrygoddy: 11:22am On Feb 20, 2013
Am really happy to be part of this great forum sincerelly speaking,Congratulations seun.Pls dont rush to sell now,Nairaland is hitting $5M price tag very soon......Mark my words!!!!
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by Nobody: 11:34am On Feb 20, 2013
speedyboi: Seun's money is doubling, tripling...in bank cheesy. Kudos to you dude.

Media shy indeed. But its getting boring though; atleast let's see you on red carpet events once in a while. You are a celebrity...you know?

I know some id/iots will be saying its their collective efforts. Mtcheew, you can as well go to mark Zuckerburg and tell him the same. This, is the hardwork of a Man!

Seun's identity would soon become a priced brand bet me, u can ask Lagbaja.
Keep off the media my guy and very soon, someone will be offering 10 million dollars just to post ur pix in his mag

I just like this guy's style, I tell ya!
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by Nobody: 11:36am On Feb 20, 2013
I really believe NL is a great site but seun needs to work a little harder. I have been using NL since 2005 and NL has sure come a long way. Seun Osewa deserves a standing ovation.

My recommendations are as follows:
1. Seun should stop being media shy. You run a site that has the potential of generating millions in revenues. The users want to know u. Your story. How it started. Your Bio etc. Look at Linda Ikeji. When did she start? Her site isn't as good as yours. You need to be more professional. Let the corporate world know what you have. Over 1 million members. Countless number of visitors. That is VERY marketable.
2. You need to monetize the site. I'm not talking abt this ur new advert scheme. What stops etisalat from advertising on here or MTN or even GTB. Beat FM. TM lewin etc. You need to expand ur horizons. Get a advertisement consultant. Sort for adverts. You'll be glad u did.
3. You need to create mobile apps for Nairaland urgently. First with Blackberry (most nigerians choice), android, Windows phone and IOS. One problem I av with NL is getting notifications when a thread I'm following or I commented on has been replied to. Or when I have been quoted. An app that has push content will solve that.
Goodluck!!!

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by favcom(m): 11:37am On Feb 20, 2013
Good to know! Seun Osewa has proven that good things can come out of Nigeria. One moral of this achievement is consistency and willingness to delay gratification. Kudos man! wink
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by Nobody: 11:59am On Feb 20, 2013
dubem3: charlie, forget that thing.
you Nigerians are always making noise.
come to Ghana, we have lots of those frequently visited websites but we don't make any noise bout it...koffi, come tell them.

charlie, leave that thing.
Abeg go to http://www.worthofweb.com check the value of 'Ghaynian' websites then come back to apologise to your masters.

who knows, you might just have the chance to learn a thing or two even
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by iamdsam: 12:02pm On Feb 20, 2013
I LOVE NAIRALAND. That's all *enters car and drives off*
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by tefund(m): 12:08pm On Feb 20, 2013
[quote author=tzetzefly]While Alexa rankings have been criticised for its inaccuracy, it still remains the most popular tool to monitor a site’s traffic health in Africa and has been regarded as the web industry’s de facto public resource for information about website’s statistics.
Interestingly, Nairaland, which has been Nigeria’s most popular and visited website for several years, has now emerged the most visited website in Africa, according to Alexa.
Nairaland which claims to have over a million
registered users, over 4 million unique visitors and over 35 million page views monthly, as at November 2012 toppled South Africa-based 24- hour online news service, News24, owned by Naspers Group to become the number one most visited site in Africa.
Founded by media-shy Web entrepreneur, Seun Osewa as an online forum back in March 2005, Nairaland has grown to become a leading source of information and entertainment, featuring news, sports, technology, culture, politics, religion, career, business, education gr
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by mikerob116(m): 12:09pm On Feb 20, 2013
I LOVE THIS SITE. congrats Mr Seun
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by Oahray: 12:10pm On Feb 20, 2013
knockturnal: I buy MB, i register,i post n commet, i even recommend.....n Mr Seun gets all d *credit*.
SMH.
lwkmd grin grin
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by harlos: 12:21pm On Feb 20, 2013
Mr seun God save you say u no sell am that time
BTW congratulation
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by matrixme(m): 12:34pm On Feb 20, 2013
congratulations to the Nairaland team. We'd never stop visiting as long as there are hot stuffs that stimulates our interest. Just as my Pastor always say, The white man invented the automobile commonly known as "end of discussion" and later came on "discussion continues". There are still ways the site can generate more influence, even though this is 2013, the ideas of tomorrow I believe will make today's web look like Windows 95 interface. So we should get to see more in the future of Nairaland.
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by Jerry2i(m): 12:38pm On Feb 20, 2013
I'm proud to be part of team
#teamNairaland
proud to b a Nigerian
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by Zector(m): 12:45pm On Feb 20, 2013
what a great source info for me n nairaland fans.keep on blasting nl
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by tomakint: 12:55pm On Feb 20, 2013
Big Congrats to Oluwaseun omo Osewa! wink
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by tomakint: 12:58pm On Feb 20, 2013
What Nairalanders do here especially at the politics section is plebiscitary in nature and I foresee Nairaland playing that part on the long run in the history of this country when the time is ripe for a real PLEBISCITE! When Nairaland has fulfilled this mission (of changing the course of events in Nigeria) then the name, Oluwaseun Osewa, will be etched in the history book of TITANS! cool
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by chessguru1(m): 1:28pm On Feb 20, 2013
tzetzefly: While Alexa rankings have been criticised for its inaccuracy, it still remains the most popular tool to monitor a site’s traffic health in Africa and has been regarded as the web industry’s de facto public resource for information about website’s statistics.

Interestingly, Nairaland, which has been Nigeria’s most popular and visited website for several years, has now emerged the most visited website in Africa, according to Alexa.

Nairaland which claims to have over a million
registered users, over 4 million unique visitors and over 35 million page views monthly, as at November 2012 toppled South Africa-based 24- hour online news service, News24, owned by Naspers Group to become the number one most visited site in Africa.

Founded by media-shy Web entrepreneur, Seun Osewa as an online forum back in March 2005, Nairaland has grown to become a leading source of information and entertainment, featuring news, sports, technology, culture, politics, religion, career, business, education and much more.

[B]The site was rumoured to have been offered $1 million for an acquisition by Naspers/MIH Internet Africa back in 2010, but Osewa reportedly rejected the offer[/B].

www.techloy.com/2013/02/19/nairaland-topples-news24-emerges-the-most-visited-site-in-africa-says-alexa/
shocked
shocked shocked shocked did I hear 1 million smakaroos (dollars for that matter)!!
And seun turned that down. How true is this tongue
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by Fathai(m): 1:29pm On Feb 20, 2013
ZACHIE: But for the GARRI team, where will nailraland be today?
thank you, GARRILANDERS,
ya head is der....mehn...i rilli love nairaland........with there funny comment..................lolzz....yoruba hausa ibo.....fighting fighting.......every thing is fair in love and war!!.........i rep GARRI! grin
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by Moralistli(m): 1:41pm On Feb 20, 2013
Yea, we made it....Nigeria is making it in all sphere of life life, so help us our good shepherd!
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by FXKing2012(m): 1:45pm On Feb 20, 2013
Thanks to folks like us.
Nairaland o ni baje o!
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by Rexyl(m): 2:17pm On Feb 20, 2013
Hope Nairaland application will one day be available for use
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by Gbenge77(m): 2:24pm On Feb 20, 2013
Fantastic!Fabulous!
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by wonlasewonimi: 2:29pm On Feb 20, 2013
How come seun is still skinny like agama lizard?
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by dubem3(m): 2:34pm On Feb 20, 2013
wonlasewonimi: How come seun is still skinny like agama lizard?

cos he decided early in life that gluttony is bad.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by ujukala: 3:34pm On Feb 20, 2013
Just be focused. We shall get there. Ask Seun.
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by tomakint: 3:40pm On Feb 20, 2013
12 inches!:
I really believe NL is a great site but seun needs to work a little harder. I have been using NL since 2005 and NL has sure come a long way. Seun Osewa deserves a standing ovation.

My recommendations are as follows:
1. Seun should stop being media shy. You run a site that has the potential of generating millions in revenues. The users want to know u. Your story. How it started. Your Bio etc. Look at Linda Ikeji. When did she start? Her site isn't as good as yours. You need to be more professional. Let the corporate world know what you have. Over 1 million members. Countless number of visitors. That is VERY marketable.
2. You need to monetize the site. I'm not talking abt this ur new advert scheme. What stops etisalat from advertising on here or MTN or even GTB. Beat FM. TM lewin etc. You need to expand ur horizons. Get a advertisement consultant. Sort for adverts. You'll be glad u did.
3. You need to create mobile apps for Nairaland urgently. First with Blackberry (most nigerians choice), android, Windows phone and IOS. One problem I av with NL is getting notifications when a thread I'm following or I commented on has been replied to. Or when I have been quoted. An app that has push content will solve that.
Goodluck!!!
Seun, I hope you will buy this good advice, and remember to consider me when the goody goody finally jell wink Seun Baba, wa sere cheesy
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by tinkinjo: 3:59pm On Feb 20, 2013
It's a question of population...let's know it proportionally.
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by Odunharry(m): 4:07pm On Feb 20, 2013
antontech: I have learnt so soo much here.it deserves it
u jux said wat on ma mind...i v really learnt alot,4m many sections,i have also learnt 4m d pipu here...great site,nyc members
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by Resistor: 4:07pm On Feb 20, 2013
What a remarkable achievement!Keep flying higher!
Re: Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... by Nobody: 4:33pm On Feb 20, 2013
Gabbysky:

Seun's identity would soon become a priced brand bet me, u can ask Lagbaja.
Keep off the media my guy and very soon, someone will be offering 10 million dollars just to post ur pix in his mag

I just like this guy's style, I tell ya!

Success has alotta friends. In a short while na so you go talk about me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria's First Web Conference Hold January 2010: And It Depends On You! / Top 5 Blog In Nigeria For Latest Free Browsing Cheats. / Joomla! Vs "any Other Php Cms Out There"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.