Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,026 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:43 PM

Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? (10766 Views)

PDP Politicians Take Note: Buhari Didn’t Join PDP When He Couldn’t Beat Them / Amaechi's Deputy,tele Ikuru Concludes Plans To Join PDP / Ribadu Bows To Pressure, Set To Join PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by Beaf: 12:55pm On Apr 11, 2011
It is not possible for a true progressive like Fashola to remain morally, intellectually and aspirationally shackled to a widely despised criminal like Tinubu. At some point, he must break free.

The question is, where will he go? What are his next moves? He holds all the aces, especially given the  widely acknowledged fact that ACN’s popularity is wholly due to Fashola’s stellar leadership qualities.

At a point this year, after surviving several impeachment moves from Tinubu and his mob, there were strong rumours that Fashola was headed for PDP. As the rumour had it, all PDP's governorship aspirants for Lagos were instructed to clear the decks, because he was to be their undisputed candidate.
More fillip has been given to that view with the defection of Fashola’s lieutenants to LP, which is considered in the SW to be PDP’s halfway house.
The healthy reformist actions and gestures of a national party like the PDP from which Fashola’s ambitions could become national, could become too great an attraction. He is a very intelligent man, and there is no better time than now to join the PDP and be a part of the history of Nigeria's reformation and development.

Without doubt, we are headed for a very interesting political season in which Fashola comes of age, breaks out his wings and either seizes control of ACN from Tinubu, or looks at mistakes of CPC and does one of three things:

[list]
[li]Join the PDP[/li]
[li]Overthrow Tinubu[/li]
[li]Defect to LP and build it into a national party[/li]
[/list]
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by Blazing99: 1:07pm On Apr 11, 2011
Actually I think Fashola would join hands with u to form the BEAF party.

Bullshhhite, ACN's waxing strong and there's nothing you can d about it. By 2019 PDP wud be likened to parties like Accord and Kowa, lol

1 Like

Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by jason123: 1:15pm On Apr 11, 2011
Haba, beaf!!! shocked shocked
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by Beaf: 1:17pm On Apr 11, 2011
Blazing99:

Actually I think Fashola would join hands with u to form the BEAF party.

Bullshhhite, ACN's waxing strong and there's nothing you can d about it. By 2019 PDP wud be likened to parties like Accord and Kowa, lol

Is there something lose in the heads of some NLers that they can't contribute sensibly to a topic? Who gives a damn about the relative strength or weakness of ACN?
We are talking leadership here, and Fashola cannot project himself on the national stage, while shackled to Tinubu. Tell us how you think he will deal with the Tinubu factor, instead of making contributions that don't make sense.
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by jason123: 1:20pm On Apr 11, 2011
@ Topic
Fashola will not leave ACN for PDP of all parties because he needs someone like Tinubu to play all the dirty politics while he can concentrate on worthwhile things like developing the state or country.
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by jmaine: 1:24pm On Apr 11, 2011
Fashola had better overthrow Tinubu so that the ACN party can be truely reformed . . .Going to the PDP is a big error cos . .we need a vibrant opposition in Fashola caliber, intellect and integrity  .
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by Beaf: 1:32pm On Apr 11, 2011
jason123:

@ Topic
Fashola will not leave ACN for PDP of all parties because he needs someone like Tinubu to play all the dirty politics while he can concentrate on worthwhile things like developing the state or country.

If Fashola ever plans to hit the national stage, he would have little choice. This is especially so as PDP is visibly reforming, with the pace at which things are going, the likes of Tinubu would become something to be spat on in Nigeria within a year max. Fashola is a very smart guy and wouldn't want to wait until its too late and others are sitting in his place; afterall, there have been underground exchanges between himself and PDP.
His other option (outside kicking Tinubu into the long grass) would be to join his lieutenants in LP and build it into a national party.

If not as President, I see Fashola as a strong minister of science and technology, or some other important area where the country is lacking. I do not see him doing this with the criminally inclined Tinubu sitting on his shoulder like a malignant cancer.
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by blacksta(m): 1:43pm On Apr 11, 2011
Beaf  -  speculating, speculating - so far according to available facts ACN is growing party ( it needs more time )while the otherwise is the case of PDP.

As mentioned  - what is more likely, is the gradual decimation of the PDP party - That evil bolt similar to barth party in the middle east has to wiped out from the memories of Nigerians

And please stop deluding yourself PDP can never reform.  How do you reform a party accurately described by the Americans as a party with[b] no real ideologies and a mere arrangement of individuals with sole self interests propagation[/b]

It is much easier to put it to death than trying to salvage it
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by jason123: 1:44pm On Apr 11, 2011
Beaf:

If Fashola ever plans to hit the national stage, he would have little choice. This is especially so as PDP is visibly reforming, with the pace at which things are going, the likes of Tinubu would become something to be spat on in Nigeria within a year max. Fashola is a very smart guy and wouldn't want to wait until its too late and others are sitting in his place; afterall, there have been underground exchanges between himself and PDP.
His other option (outside kicking Tinubu into the long grass) would be to join his lieutenants in LP and build it into a national party.

If not as President, I see Fashola as a strong minister of science and technology, or some other important area where the country is lacking. I do not see him doing this with the criminally inclined Tinubu sitting on his shoulder like a malignant cancer.

Beaf, Fashola WILL hit the National stage, with or without Tinubu. By the time fashola is ready, you and I know Nigerians will definitely vote for him. The God-fatherism of Tinubu has no way affected the development of Lagos. Moreover, Fashola is NOT a typical politician, he needs someone that can play the dirty politics Nigeria plays. For me, after GEJ, the winning ticket will be Fashola/ Chime or Fashola/ Amechi whether the North or Tinubu likes it or not.
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by blacksta(m): 1:47pm On Apr 11, 2011
Another delusion from Pdp supporter Mr Beaf " FASHOLA does not need TInubu to hit national stage - it is more a case of tinubu needs BRF"
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by jaso1(m): 1:49pm On Apr 11, 2011
@poster,
If one should be tag a criminal, honestly nobody deserve it better than you.
How on air you open your widest mouth and call the leader of the universe and most respected and people orriented party trash! you must withdraw the statement and if you don't it means you will parmanently be enslave in your fatherland and this is what is comming out from your comment here.
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by doja(m): 1:59pm On Apr 11, 2011
Keep dreaming Beafy.

Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by Chubhie: 2:01pm On Apr 11, 2011
Beaf abi na meat why the sudden interest in Fash?
You should be busy selling your principal to Nlers. You have less than a week!
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by Beaf: 2:13pm On Apr 11, 2011
jason123:

Beaf, Fashola WILL hit the National stage, with or without Tinubu. By the time fashola is ready, you and I know Nigerians will definitely vote for him. The God-fatherism of Tinubu has no way affected the development of Lagos. Moreover, Fashola is NOT a typical politician, he needs someone that can play the dirty politics Nigeria plays. For me, after GEJ, the winning ticket will be Fashola/ Chime or Fashola/ Amechi whether the North or Tinubu likes it or not.

It is interesting that both bolded names are PDP governors. I would also add the likes of Sule Lamido and Godswill akpabio.
Fact is, how is Fashola going to pair up with these men without joining the PDP?

Another way to see things as Fashola might, is to consider the spread of ACN and do soul searchingly realistic calculations of what the spread would be in 4 years time; especially since they were unable to make any real impact outside the SW.
Left to me, a reforming PDP is the perfect choice, but he could also build LP into a vibrant and dynamic party that could go national on the strength of his name alone. Afterall, he is the sole reason for the strength of ACN's name in and outside the SW.
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by Bawss1(m): 2:17pm On Apr 11, 2011
Off course some people will have nothing meaningful to add to this thread other than spite and insults.
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by lionness(f): 2:19pm On Apr 11, 2011
Yawns, Moving off from a post created by a loon.

@all: if GEJ has the likes of Beaf working for him, all hope is lost if he ever gets elected.
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Apr 11, 2011
why is beaf suddenl obsessing with fashola
doesnt he have greats in his party like those SS officers lamido sule and akpabio to lionize?
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by HamidO1(m): 2:27pm On Apr 11, 2011
What to you expect from a man anticipating failure on Saturday. It's better to roll with Tinubu than a fool who says IBB is his role model (GEJ, incase you don't know who I'm talking about). Leave Fashola alone!! A governor today and our president come 2015. To hell with PDP
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by jason123: 2:31pm On Apr 11, 2011
Beaf:

It is interesting that both bolded names are PDP governors. I would also add the likes of Sule Lamido and Godswill akpabio.
Fact is, how is Fashola going to pair up with these men without joining the PDP?

Another way to see things as Fashola might, is to consider the spread of ACN and do soul searchingly realistic calculations of what the spread would be in 4 years time; especially since they were unable to make any real impact outside the SW.
Left to me, a reforming PDP is the perfect choice, but he could also build LP into a vibrant and dynamic party that could go national on the strength of his name alone. Afterall, he is the sole reason for the strength of ACN's name in and outside the SW.

You have a point but you are also implying that parties will be voted for based on ideologies (the labour part) which I think we are far from. One thing is noticeable after the Saturday election, people are now voting based on personalities not on parties and it is the same thing that is going to help GEJ on saturday.
Going by that principle (assuming the country get more sophisticated politically), I see people voting for Fashola as the president after GEJ based on what he can do not on his party.
Moreover, between now and then, ACN will spread to the ND and NC states, there will be mergers of political parties ( the most feasible so far is LP and ACN), decamping of all sorts- and who knows? Maybe one of those governors (Amechi, Chime, Sule, Godswill) will decamp especially after being offered the presidential ticket under ACN.

All in all, I still think Fashola will not decamp or should I say, does not need to decamp before he can go national. Remember, Lagos is the melting point of the country where ethnic lines are barely visible. People come from all around the country to Lagos everyday and I am sure they can see what he is doing or done already. I even see the SE supporting him more than other groups because he has treated the Igbo population in Lagos well.
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by EzeUche(m): 2:31pm On Apr 11, 2011
Let Fashola overthrow Tinubu. That would make politics even more interesting. Everyone wants to be the king.
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by Demdem(m): 2:32pm On Apr 11, 2011
Beaf:

It is not possible for a true progressive like Fashola to remain morally, intellectually and aspirationally shackled to a widely despised criminal like Tinubu. At some point, he must break free.

The question is, where will he go? What are his next moves? He holds all the aces, especially given the  widely acknowledged fact that ACN’s popularity is wholly due to Fashola’s stellar leadership qualities.

At a point this year, after surviving several impeachment moves from Tinubu and his mob, there were strong rumours that Fashola was headed for PDP. As the rumour had it, all PDP's governorship aspirants for Lagos were instructed to clear the decks, because he was to be their undisputed candidate.
More fillip has been given to that view with the defection of Fashola’s lieutenants to LP, which is considered in the SW to be PDP’s halfway house.
The healthy reformist actions and gestures of a national party like the PDP from which Fashola’s ambitions could become national, could become too great an attraction. He is a very intelligent man, and there is no better time than now to join the PDP and be a part of the history of Nigeria's reformation and development.

Without doubt, we are headed for a very interesting political season in which Fashola comes of age, breaks out his wings and either seizes control of ACN from Tinubu, or looks at mistakes of CPC and does one of three things:

[list]
[li]Join the PDP[/li]
[li]Overthrow Tinubu[/li]
[li]Defect to LP and build it into a national party[/li]
[/list]

i still dont get it. The bolded is just a mere allegation. No evidence, no conviction, no trial all these years despite being in the opposition and well hated by the ruling party. I dont think Tinubu is a criminal afterall but if u think otherwise, why is the guy still walking freely and majestically all over the country. me think Fashola is with the right set of peeps and will do him more good to remain there.
It seems to me that the FG (PDP) has been deceiving us all all along.
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by jason123: 2:33pm On Apr 11, 2011
EzeUche:

Let Fashola overthrow Tinubu. That would make politics even more interesting. Everyone wants to be the king.
No need for that. It will be pointless. He will likely be the next president or Vice at least (judging from saturday's election pattern)
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by jason123: 2:34pm On Apr 11, 2011
@All
Why are you all insulting Beaf Guys, lets stick to the topic. Simply convince him otherwise rather than insults!
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by Beaf: 2:54pm On Apr 11, 2011
jason123:

You have a point but you are also implying that parties will be voted for based on ideologies (the labour part) which I think we are far from. One thing is noticeable after the Saturday election, people are now voting based on personalities not on parties and it is the same thing that is going to help GEJ on saturday.
Going by that principle (assuming the country get more sophisticated politically), I see people voting for Fashola as the president after GEJ based on what he can do not on his party.
Moreover, between now and then, ACN will spread to the ND and NC states, there will be mergers of political parties ( the most feasible so far is LP and ACN), decamping of all sorts- and who knows? Maybe one of those governors (Amechi, Chime, Sule, Godswill) will decamp especially after being offered the presidential ticket under ACN.

All in all, I still think Fashola will not decamp or should I say, does not need to decamp before he can go national. Remember, Lagos is the melting point of the country where ethnic lines are barely visible. People come from all around the country to Lagos everyday and I am sure they can see what he is doing or done already. I even see the SE supporting him more than other groups because he has treated the Igbo population in Lagos well.

Nigerians will indeed become more sophisticated politically, much more so than they are today. Now, in a politically sophisticated society, what part does a regional party have to play, except in local affairs?
If Fashola ever needs to go national as a minister or for the top job, he would need national machinery. Thats practical. I just can't see how he can project himself from ACN thats a party Tinubu has built around extortion and patronage. Take away Fashola, and ACN becomes hollow.

Of course Fashola can eject Tinubu from the party, remove all vestiges of the patronage system and run for office from there; but that it will be a 5 - 6 year project of blood and gore just to eject Tinubu and his patronage structure. After that, it would take another few years to rebuild the party and patch up wounds.
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by Kilode1: 3:09pm On Apr 11, 2011
Beaf:

Nigerians will indeed become more sophisticated politically, much more so than they are today. Now, in a politically sophisticated society.

I think so too, Nigerians will become more sophisticated politically. I totally share that hope.

BUT

A sophisticated population does not need a one party, one ideology, political landscape. That will defeat the point of their sophistication.

ACN has as much chance of becoming a National party as PDP had in '99. Let us appreciate the good fight ACN and other opposition parties gave the PDP behemoth in Benue, Kwara, Akwa Ibom, Edo, Ondo and other parts of Nigeria. Even ACN faced decent opposition from smaller parties in their region. Nigerians are the winner despite the allegations of rigging an intimidation.

A one party state will do us no good. Politics is not a one way street, especially if you are hoping for a sophisticated political landscape.
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by jason123: 3:15pm On Apr 11, 2011
Beaf:

Nigerians will indeed become more sophisticated politically, much more so than they are today. Now, in a politically sophisticated society, what part does a regional party have to play, except in local affairs?
If Fashola ever needs to go national as a minister or for the top job, he would need national machinery. Thats practical. I just can't see how he can project himself from ACN thats a party Tinubu has built around extortion and patronage. Take away Fashola, and ACN becomes hollow.

Of course Fashola can eject Tinubu from the party, remove all vestiges of the patronage system and run for office from there; but that it will be a 5 - 6 year project of blood and gore just to eject Tinubu and his patronage structure. After that, it would take another few years to rebuild the party and patch up wounds.

As I said earlier, Tinubu is inconsequential to Fashola's political future as long as Fashola remains good in the eyes of Nigerians and Tinubu knows this. In fact, to prove Tinubu knew this, he tried not nominate Fashola for the governorship ticket in Lagos and we all saw what happened, didn't we? Tinubu knows this as well.

Again, you need someone like Tinubu to play the drity politics in Nigeria so Fashola can concentrate on better things. Right now, as you projected; it will take around 6 yrs for Fashola to have a political strong party, by that his momentum will be low and might not win on the national stage. He needs dirty politics and Tinubu can provide that for him.
BTW, remember PDP is seen as an EVIL party. The only thing going for PDP is GEJ. Once GEJ is out, I seriously doubt PDP will ever be taken serious again. I think most of these good governors will join ACN as the time goes on. Who knew Sariki of PDP in Lagos would join ACN For him to join, I strongly believe most people will decamp as the time goes on and after GEJ. PDP will simply return to a northern party especially IF ACN can pair up Fashola and Chime or any of those governors.
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by jason123: 3:19pm On Apr 11, 2011
Kilode?!:

I think so too, Nigerians will become more sophisticated politically. I totally share that hope.

BUT

A sophisticated population does not need a one party, one ideology, political landscape. That will defeat the point of their sophistication.

ACN has as much chance of becoming a National party as PDP had in '99. Let us appreciate the good fight ACN and other opposition parties gave the PDP behemoth in Benue, Kwara, Akwa Ibom, Edo, Ondo and other parts of Nigeria. Even ACN faced decent opposition from smaller parties in their region. Nigerians are the winner despite the allegations of rigging an intimidation.

A one party state will do us no good. Politics is not a one way street, especially if you are hoping for a sophisticated political landscape.

Well said!!! Just to help your argument on the highlighted. PPN and LP in Ogun and Ondo respectively.
Personally, I see two main parties 2015 ACN ( the opposition ) and PDP ( the ruling party). If GEJ should F UP, then I strongly beleive ACN has a strong chance.
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by sbeezy8: 3:30pm On Apr 11, 2011
fashola not decamping to PDP or LB and Fashola is not becoming president anytime soon. be it 2015 or what ever.

[size=15pt]2015 SAMBO OR A NORTHERNER maybe SE IS BECOMING PRESIDENT IN pdp. thats settled so theres no reason for Fashola to even look in the direction of PDP for what? if hes not vice or president in 2015 hes not going to decamp. If hes not presidential or vice presidential candidate in ACN he wont think about "taking" anything over.[/size] LB is relevant a little fashola himself doesnt have enough supporters to make it more popular. most ACN supporters are there because they like Tinubu. so I dont see that changing anytime soon.

If anything he will retire and live a quiet life in Lagos. fashola decamping to PDP would only tarnish his image

Fashola decamp to PDP or LB without him becoming their presidential or atleast vice candidate is laughable, what would be the point?
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by akinalabi(m): 3:34pm On Apr 11, 2011
Making things look like ACN is getting popular because of Fashola is totally wrong.

When PDP was rolling over the south west in 2003, Tinubu stayed strong and could not be eroded. Was it because
of Fashola.

When ACN was formed and he left office and he imposed Fashola, there was a lot of noise and critics
like you had a field day.

Fashola defeated Koro, how did it happen? Did Fashola have any sort of popularity then? It was all
Tinubu.

Aregbesola taking over in Osun (through the courts) was it because of Fashola's popularity as well? We
can see Tinubu's hand all over the place. Now the incumbency has heped in Osun.

My friend, we love Fashola but Tinubu is the grand master.
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by jason123: 3:37pm On Apr 11, 2011
akinalabi:

Making things look like ACN is getting popular because of Fashola is totally wrong.

When PDP was rolling over the south west in 2003, Tinubu stayed strong and could not be eroded. Was it because
of Fashola.

When ACN was formed and he left office and he imposed Fashola, there was a lot of noise and critics
like you had a field day.

Fashola defeated Koro, how did it happen? Did Fashola have any sort of popularity then? It was all
Tinubu.

Aregbesola taking over in Osun (through the courts) was it because of Fashola's popularity as well? We
can see Tinubu's hand all over the place. Now the incumbency has heped in Osun.

My friend, we love Fashola but Tinubu is the grand master.

That is a bit silly.
You know what? Let fashola leave ACN and give it a week to see what happens. Even Tinubu knows this.LOL.
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by sbeezy8: 3:39pm On Apr 11, 2011
jason123:

That is a bit silly.
You know what? Let fashola leave ACN and give it a week to see what happens. Even Tinubu knows this.LOL.

i like fashola but hes not influential in the SW scheme of things honestly. not even lagos when his term ends

If he doesnt run for president anytime soon he will retire and be like Jakande.

If see fashola being like Jakande if he doesnt run for president.

but Fashola being a big dog in Lagos or SW aint possible. its not him
Re: Will Fashola Join PDP Or Will He Overthrow Tinubu In ACN? by akinalabi(m): 3:40pm On Apr 11, 2011
jason123:

That is a bit silly.

Nothing will happen my friend.

Nothing. NADA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Katsina Gov’s Wife Orders Sack Of LG Staff / FG Announces N213bn Intervention Funds For Electricity Companies / Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.