Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,650 members, 7,816,665 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

Three Controversial Judges To Be Retired - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three Controversial Judges To Be Retired (10165 Views)

BREAKING NEWS: Supreme Court Orders Gov. IKPEAZU To Be Retired For Tax Fraud / Buhari Seeks Fearless Judges to try looters / Air Chief Marshal Alexander Badeh Need To Be Retired Or Sacked. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Controversial Judges To Be Retired by saved: 12:51pm On Feb 21, 2013
The judge has to deliver a favourable verdict of $1 500 because Maina used Umbrella to cover his head during the rainny days of pension fund looting. P.eople D.ecieving P.eople and every one knows it.
Re: Three Controversial Judges To Be Retired by BOAproperties: 12:52pm On Feb 21, 2013
Kudos to NJc for taking giants decision by compulsory retirement,if its could have been better without benefits.so its would serves as deterrent to others who might being thinking of same.
Re: Three Controversial Judges To Be Retired by BOAproperties: 12:52pm On Feb 21, 2013
Kudos to NJc for taking giants decision for compulsory retirement,if its could have been better without benefits.so its would serves as deterrent to others who might being thinking of same.
Re: Three Controversial Judges To Be Retired by ubong560(m): 12:55pm On Feb 21, 2013
Asolutely they deserve more than this. Most of these judges behave in court as if they are the owners of d judicial system. They think they can deliver judgment based on thier corrupt manners and go scot free. 'Sacking' would've been a better decision.
Re: Three Controversial Judges To Be Retired by mshd5: 1:01pm On Feb 21, 2013
if ds is done kudos 2 them n it is a steppin stone of bringin in sanity 2 Nig. judiciary
Re: Three Controversial Judges To Be Retired by dridowu: 1:04pm On Feb 21, 2013
So NLs can speak in 1 voice , ds story emanate from saharareport or hv u guz forgetten how u critize saharareport for bringing 4ce News

Anyway bak to topic Ds good 4 our Judiciary System
Re: Three Controversial Judges To Be Retired by sirletua: 1:04pm On Feb 21, 2013
cool This is tips of an iceberg.the judiciary system is already in mess,so we need total overhauling and serious cleancing of the system for a better nation
Re: Three Controversial Judges To Be Retired by touchmeder: 1:17pm On Feb 21, 2013
About time these people realise they wont go scott free...
Re: Three Controversial Judges To Be Retired by chucky234(m): 1:18pm On Feb 21, 2013
Billyonaire: Step in the right direction, all these judges should be shot. I really miss China.
relly miss China? Are you Chinese,too much Korean bitters is bad and harmful.
Re: Three Controversial Judges To Be Retired by Nobody: 1:21pm On Feb 21, 2013
Pls can someone remind me what Mukhtar (CJN) has done to improve d Judiciary arm of govt, since her appointment, except filling up d space.
Sack is d ideal thing for ds rogue Judges.
Re: Three Controversial Judges To Be Retired by Chuksgeo: 1:25pm On Feb 21, 2013
how about that judje wey presided over maina (pension chief) case.
Re: Three Controversial Judges To Be Retired by me1234: 1:35pm On Feb 21, 2013
What of the judge that stole Obanikoro's mandate? Just asking
Re: Three Controversial Judges To Be Retired by hajieazi(m): 1:39pm On Feb 21, 2013
they will surely roast in hell fire.
Re: Three Controversial Judges To Be Retired by blaksmith: 2:01pm On Feb 21, 2013
kaorama: Good move. GEJ will follow due process to tackle all the ills bedevilling us. He will not cos of emotions behave like OBJ. I like that.

How does this have anything to do with the President? Or you think he gave instruction for them to be retired? The NJC is independent of the executive... Abeg no dash monkey banana wey e no pluck. comprende?!!!
Re: Three Controversial Judges To Be Retired by blaksmith: 2:06pm On Feb 21, 2013
me1234: What of the judge that stole Obanikoro's mandate? Just asking

And how did the appeal tribunal steal Obanikoro's mandate? Don't blame judges for the stupidity of lawyers who don't know how to follow due process. The lawyer, quite frankly, is a nimrod...how can you withdraw your application for extension of time when that is the only thing that would empower the election tribunal to actually sit beyond the initial 30 day period. The guy should be flogged in public...and the SAN in charge should cover his head in shame for not even reviewing the work of his subordinate.
Re: Three Controversial Judges To Be Retired by zeniola: 2:07pm On Feb 21, 2013
3 "Injustices" of Nigeria
Re: Three Controversial Judges To Be Retired by romanlaw(m): 2:10pm On Feb 21, 2013
Fiat justitia ruat caelum
Re: Three Controversial Judges To Be Retired by Nobody: 2:16pm On Feb 21, 2013
Ehen! I am not surprised, Been suspecting it all along. When you read the law reports you realise that most of these judges don't decide the cases on merit. I read some judgements and I am like WTH!!! No ratio decidendi, no raison D'etre, no logical line of thought. They keep saying their hands are tied. Most of the time in a sitting of 5 or 6 justices only one would give judgement while the others would just say I concur or I agree with my learned friend justice ...... I have stopped reading law reports sef. The Judicial system needs to be purged of all these scoundrels wearing the cloaks of equity. It is an abuse on our criminal justice system
Re: Three Controversial Judges To Be Retired by Afritop(m): 2:17pm On Feb 21, 2013
THE NJC OUGHT TO REVISIT THE CONTROVERSIAL CASES THE JUDGES HANDLED AND NOT TREAT THEIR RETIREMENT LIKE CONTROVERSIAL FOOTBALL MATCHES WHICH LEAVES REFEREE SUSPENDED AND AFFECTED FOOTBALL TEAMS LEFT TO LICK THEIR WOUNDS
Re: Three Controversial Judges To Be Retired by anishe(m): 2:19pm On Feb 21, 2013
I think the best thing would have been to make them face firing squad. May be some other rogues still in the system would learnt from their predicament.
Re: Three Controversial Judges To Be Retired by teejay1221: 2:24pm On Feb 21, 2013
Not only should they be retired, but should be stone to daeth for MURDERING JUSTICE
Re: Three Controversial Judges To Be Retired by andyanders: 3:00pm On Feb 21, 2013
When you look at their faces, you will know that they do not have honest faces and look much like criminals than who they are inwardly.
Re: Three Controversial Judges To Be Retired by vitality22(m): 3:08pm On Feb 21, 2013
Sagamite:

You might be surprised they would join PDP and be made ministers or embassadors by Retardeen.
Thank you
Re: Three Controversial Judges To Be Retired by chic2007: 3:27pm On Feb 21, 2013
These judges make me ashamed to be a lawyer. Its terrible and there are a lot more sad
Re: Three Controversial Judges To Be Retired by drpompay(m): 4:11pm On Feb 21, 2013
Not so bad by NJC, but my question is
What of those that stopped d court of appeal from pronouncing judgements in the Sokoto state appeal tribunal? I have never heard of a case in court where judgement is put on hold permanently by the supreme court.
Or is it because those involved were part of the NJC or few are still part of the NJC?
WHAT'S GOOD FOR THE GOOSE IS OBVIOUSLY GOOD FOR THE GANDER!
Re: Three Controversial Judges To Be Retired by teskyg: 4:55pm On Feb 21, 2013
What of Justice Salami?
Re: Three Controversial Judges To Be Retired by morethanawinner: 5:03pm On Feb 21, 2013
they should be sacked with effect from last year.
Re: Three Controversial Judges To Be Retired by jo997: 5:14pm On Feb 21, 2013
felixtare:

You might be surprised they would join PDP and be made ministers or embassadors by Retardeen.

guy u sure say u dey alright,i doubt if any of your family don be chairman of local govt or even be counselor once 4 life...idiot

is this the kinda of home training u received. u really some growing-ups.
Re: Three Controversial Judges To Be Retired by Nobody: 8:38am On Feb 22, 2013
crackhaus: For the sake of credibility & transparency, every single judge that has given a light ruling regarding political office holders involved in looting should also be dealt with by the NJC, that way I'll know they're serious...(especially that one that acquitted James Ibori)
exodus 23: 8 they forget that they took an oath with the bible and quran. Let their judgement begin from here
Re: Three Controversial Judges To Be Retired by guvna(m): 9:10am On Feb 22, 2013
ANIMALS!! THEY ALL LOOK LIKE THEIVES!! BLOOODY CROOKS!! BASKETSSS!!
Re: Three Controversial Judges To Be Retired by StoneAngel(m): 12:39pm On Feb 22, 2013
Exactly what i thought.. all this nonsense can't happen if only Nigeria operates under strict laws against corruption and other parasites.. they ought to be hanged and hanged again. Nigeria is messed up and it stinks so bad. why wasn't the same measure meted on the likes of Odili and Ibori case, are those judges untouchable? gush this is irritating
Billyonaire: Step in the right direction, all these judges should be shot. I really miss China.
Re: Three Controversial Judges To Be Retired by Hardfact: 1:03pm On Feb 22, 2013
Rather belated intervention after numerous casaulties have been recorded. Directionless Nigerian leaders and their ever beautiful business of washing their stinking linen in public glare. Who cares afterall we must maintain our coveted position as the most corrupt on earth. In the light of these recurent events, the Nigerian judges, even the legislatures, executives, most of them can best be described as crooks, thieves, criminals, name it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sokoto Governorhip Election Results Updates / Jonathan Is A Born Liar - Sylva / Jonathan To Impose Anenih On PDP As Bot Chairman - SaharaReporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.