Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,664 members, 7,809,513 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:45 AM

Reflecting On The Miraculous Signs Of Allah - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Reflecting On The Miraculous Signs Of Allah (11874 Views)

Hurricane Sandy: Reflecting On The Winds / The Miraculous Crack On The Wall Of The Holy Ka'ba In Makkah / Ashura: How Reflecting On Hussein's Sacrifice Made Me Honest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reflecting On The Miraculous Signs Of Allah by tbaba1234: 5:13pm On Feb 21, 2013
The ayat (miraculous signs) of Allah can be appreciated in two forms.

i. There is ayat of revelation (Quran)

ii. Ayat of creation all around us.

Everything around you is an ayah, the sun is an ayah, the stars are ayat, your child is an ayah, the wind is an ayah. the tree, the birds, the river. etc.

There are two kinds of ayat, one inside the book and the other outside the book. Both of these ayat are supposed to remind you of Allah. The ayat in the book are supposed to remind you of the ayat outside the book and the ayat outside the book are supposed to remind you of the ayat in the book.

So, we are constantly thinking about the miraculous signs of Allah. This process will not happen to you if you do not enjoy the ayat of the book.

Allah speaks of the ayat of the book telling us that they live inside the heart of the beleiver:

But no, [this Quran] is a revelation that is clear to the hearts of those endowed with knowledge. No one refuses to acknowledge Our revelations but the evildoers.(Surah 29:49)

Once you have the ayat in you heart then it would remind you of the ayat all around you. The ayat around you will remind you of the ayat of revelation. You would always get constant reminder of ayat.

You can put this to the test in your life and see how many reminders you get everyday:

A story

Let look at this purely hypothetical story to help us appreciate how we can get reminders from everyday things:

I wake up in the morning feeling refreshed, and i am reminded of the ayat:

Did We not create you in pairs, give you sleep for rest, the night as a cover, and the day for your livelihood? (Surah 78:8-11)

Today, i am expecting a friend, He is a new muslim brother , he used to hate Islam now he is my beloved brother:

Hold fast to God’s rope all together; do not split into factions. Remember God’s favour to you: you were enemies and then He brought your hearts together and you became brothers by His grace; you were about to fall into a pit of Fire and He saved you from it– in this way God makes His revelations clear to you so that you may be rightly guided. (Surah 3:103)

He is taking me on a trip, but before then i have some repairs to do, i move into the basement and the place is full of dust, the glass of the lamp is really dusty, i would have to clean that later:

God is the Light of the heavens and earth. His Light is like this: there is a niche, and in it a lamp, the lamp inside a glass, a glass like a glittering star, fuelled from a blessed olive tree from neither east nor west, whose oil almost gives light even when no fire touches it– light upon light– God guides whoever He will to his Light; God draws such comparisons for people; God has full knowledge of everything (Surah 24:35)

The glass in this ayah represents the fitrah (natural disposition) of a human. The dirt affects man's ability to appreciate revelation. Read more on the ayah here: https://www.nairaland.com/1151782/ayah-nur-light-spiritual-cardiology

So my friend finally arrives, with his new car, a Porsche. He loves his car, oh wait, it has a horse in its logo:

The love of desirable things is made alluring for men– women, sons, gold and silver treasures piled up high, horses with fine markings, livestock, and farmland– these may be the utility (Mataa) of this life, but God has the best place to return to. (Surah 3: 14)

The words of Allah are true, we do love horses with fine markings..

So we set off, we will be going to see his grandmother on her ranch first, the brother is moving really fast so i pleaded with him to slow down:

Man was created hasty: I will show you My signs soon, so do not ask Me to hasten them. (Surah 21:37)

I look out of the window and i spot an eagle in the sky, really majestic bird:

Do they not see the birds above them spreading and closing their wings? It is only the Lord of Mercy who holds them up: He watches over everything. (Surah 67:19)

On the side of the road is a cow grazing, it is dangerously close to the road but it seemed oblivious to the cars speeding past it, a bird would fly away, a deer will run away but the cow seemed heedless:

We have created many jinn and people who are destined for Hell, with hearts they do not use for comprehension, eyes they do not use for sight, ears they do not use for hearing. They are like cattle, no, even further astray: these are the ones who are entirely heedless. (Surah 7:179)

On the way, we saw a beautiful mansion, A young family posed for pictures infront of the house, beautiful family, beautiful dwelling, they seemed to be so happy:

Say [Prophet], ‘If your fathers, sons, brothers, wives, tribes, the wealth you have acquired, the trade which you fear will decline, and the dwellings you love are dearer to you than God and His Messenger and the struggle in His cause, then wait until God brings about His punishment.’ God does not guide those who break away. (Surah 9:24)

Finally we got to his grandmum's house, it was a ranch, lots of farm animals:

And livestock––He created them too. You derive warmth and other benefits from them: you get food from them; you find beauty in them when you bring them home to rest and when you drive them out to pasture They carry your loads to lands you yourselves could not reach without great hardship––truly your Lord is kind and merciful––horses, mules, and donkeys for you to ride and use for show, and other things you know nothing about. (Surah 16:5-cool

The livestock graze freely on the land, it was such an awesome sight:

It is He who sends down water for you from the sky, from which comes a drink for you, and the shrubs that you feed to your animals. (Surah 16:10)

We were inside the home, we come to his grand mum, she is really old now and needs constant care. She depends on those around her for everything:

It is God who has created you and in time will cause you to die.Some of you will be reduced, in old age, to a most abject state, so that, after having knowledge, they will know nothing at all: God is truly all knowing and all powerful. (Surah 16:70)

My friend's wife is here too, taking care of her mother-in-law, The two of them seem so much in love. It is the little things, the glances, the smiles, the teasing:

Another of His signs is that He created spouses from among yourselves for you to live with in tranquillity: He ordained love and kindness between you. There truly are signs in this for those who reflect. (Surah 30:21)

The most fasinating thing about them is that they are from different cultures and races. My friend is African American, she is Arab:

Another of His signs is the creation of the heavens and earth, and the diversity of your languages and colours. There truly are signs in this for those who know.(Surah 30:22)

We spent a few hours on the farm, until it was time for Zuhr, so we prayed:

So celebrate God’s glory in the evening, in the morning– praise is due to Him in the heavens and the earth– in the late afternoon, and at midday. (Surah 30:18)

We are going to take a boat ride before heading back:

Another of His signs is that He sends out the winds bearing good news, giving you a taste of His grace, making the ships sail at His command, enabling you to [journey in] search of His bounty so that you may be grateful. (Surah 30:46)

We sailed as the ship cuts through the waves:

It is He who made the sea of benefit to you: you eat fresh fish from it and bring out jewellery to wear; you see the ships cutting through its waves so that you may go in search of His bounty and give thanks. (Surah 16:14)

The clouds began to gather, it looked like there could be a storm:

It is He who enables you to travel on land and sea until, when you are sailing on ships and rejoicing in the favouring wind, a storm arrives: waves come at those on board from all sides and they feel there is no escape. Then they pray to God, professing sincere devotion to Him, ‘If You save us from this we shall be truly thankful.’ Yet no sooner does He save them than, back on land, they behave outrageously against all that is right. People! Your outrageous behaviour only works against yourselves. Take your little enjoyment in this present life; in the end you will return to Us and We shall confront you with everything you have done.(Surah 10:22-23)

That signalled the end of our trip.

31 Likes

Re: Reflecting On The Miraculous Signs Of Allah by tbaba1234: 5:36pm On Feb 21, 2013
Now, this is just a hypothetical story but it highlights how the believer should think about the ayat of Allah all around us. I wish we could all think like this, this constant reminder will completely transform our personalities. This is why it is important to build a connection with the ayat of the book.

The ayat of the Quran live in the heart of the believer. Allah says of heedless people:

We have created many jinn and people who are destined for Hell, with hearts they do not use for comprehension, eyes they do not use for sight, ears they do not use for hearing. They are like cattle, no, even further astray: these are the ones who are entirely heedless.(Surah 7:179)

They do not understand because the ayat are not inside.. So a believer sees a tree and it is a reminder of resurrection,How Allah brought the tree from the dead earth, How we will be raised on the last day... A disbeliever would see the same tree and nothing, He might even be a botanist but he will be completely heedless of the reminder the tree gives...

One of them understands it with his heart, the other understands it with his mind. Their minds can understand but their hearts don't understand a thing. They have eyes but they don't see what is supposed to be seen, they have ears but they do not hear what is supposed to be heard.

We have a seen self and an unseen self. The Quran feeds the unseen self (the Ruh) and the seen self . For instance, When Allah says the hearts became hard, He is talking of the unseen heart.

The Quran came to feed the Ruh. When we realise that, we begin to look at the world around us in a different light, everything becomes a reminder. The miraculous signs of our master. We start seeing with the eyes, Allah wants us to see with. We began to appreciate the seen reality and the unseen reality of everything.

The seen reality: It is a tree
The unseen reality: A reminder of resurrection

The seen reality: It is the sun
The unseen reality: It is a reminder that it is time to pray and make sajdah.

Let us all reflect on the ayat all around us.

11 Likes

Re: Reflecting On The Miraculous Signs Of Allah by bntY: 7:45am On Feb 22, 2013
mind blowing! more knowledge to ur coffers bro.
Re: Reflecting On The Miraculous Signs Of Allah by deols(f): 8:22am On Feb 22, 2013
wow.
need I say more?
Re: Reflecting On The Miraculous Signs Of Allah by Nobody: 9:39am On Feb 22, 2013
H
Re: Reflecting On The Miraculous Signs Of Allah by paris10: 9:43am On Feb 22, 2013
Always getting the front page, I wonder!!!
Re: Reflecting On The Miraculous Signs Of Allah by mala052(m): 9:44am On Feb 22, 2013
good indeed!
Re: Reflecting On The Miraculous Signs Of Allah by Mavor: 9:44am On Feb 22, 2013
You are just abusing your moderator rights by flodding Nairaland frontpage with Islamic thread. Why not go to a religious forum. Wonder what Nairaland is turning into these days. Another alternative is highly needed.

2 Likes

Re: Reflecting On The Miraculous Signs Of Allah by Nobody: 9:46am On Feb 22, 2013
Seun what's this? What happened to freedom of speech at least on the Internet since you guys don't practice it over there? You don't tell people what to say or warn them about speaking their mind or whatsoever. Guilty conscience much

We all know there's nothing good about Islam!

16 Likes

Re: Reflecting On The Miraculous Signs Of Allah by dridowu: 9:47am On Feb 22, 2013
May Allah increase us in Knowledge

1 Like

Re: Reflecting On The Miraculous Signs Of Allah by ifyalways(f): 9:51am On Feb 22, 2013
REALITY101: Seun what's this? What happened to freedom of speech at least on the Internet since you guys don't practice it over there? You don't tell people what to say or warn them about speaking their mind or whatsoever. Guilty conscience much

We all know there's nothing good about Islam!
who are the we all ?
Re: Reflecting On The Miraculous Signs Of Allah by sureteeboy(m): 9:53am On Feb 22, 2013
Why is all Islamic topic making it to the homepage. ENOUGH OF THIS RELIGION OF PEACE

4 Likes

Re: Reflecting On The Miraculous Signs Of Allah by deols(f): 9:54am On Feb 22, 2013
dridowu: May Allah increase us in Knowledge

AMin
Re: Reflecting On The Miraculous Signs Of Allah by DMainMan: 9:54am On Feb 22, 2013
May ALLAH help us all

1 Like

Re: Reflecting On The Miraculous Signs Of Allah by W3xy1(m): 9:55am On Feb 22, 2013
reading it later
Re: Reflecting On The Miraculous Signs Of Allah by bumps(m): 9:58am On Feb 22, 2013
Welldone,really an eye opener
Re: Reflecting On The Miraculous Signs Of Allah by abdul23(m): 10:01am On Feb 22, 2013
Jazakallahu khairan.May Allah increase us in knowledge.
Re: Reflecting On The Miraculous Signs Of Allah by amstron: 10:02am On Feb 22, 2013
Allahuakbar
Re: Reflecting On The Miraculous Signs Of Allah by Nobody: 10:04am On Feb 22, 2013
ifyalways: who are the we all ?

Only the truth shall set thee free.
Re: Reflecting On The Miraculous Signs Of Allah by erabe(m): 10:04am On Feb 22, 2013
Jazakallahul khair
Re: Reflecting On The Miraculous Signs Of Allah by abdul23(m): 10:15am On Feb 22, 2013
sureteeboy: Why is all Islamic topic making it to the homepage. ENOUGH OF THIS RELIGION OF PEACE
Instead of you to reply, u could just move to other topic now.I am sure tonto's threads are there.

3 Likes

Re: Reflecting On The Miraculous Signs Of Allah by Sike(m): 10:31am On Feb 22, 2013
tbaba1234: The ayat (miraculous signs) of Allah can be appreciated in two forms.

i. There is ayat of revelation (Quran)

ii. Ayat of creation all around us.

Everything around you is an ayah, the sun is an ayah, the stars are ayat, your child is an ayah, the wind is an ayah. the tree, the birds, the river. etc.

There are two kinds of ayat, one inside the book and the other outside the book. Both of these ayat are supposed to remind you of Allah. The ayat in the book are supposed to remind you of the ayat outside the book and the ayat outside the book are supposed to remind you of the ayat in the book.

So, we are constantly thinking about the miraculous signs of Allah. This process will not happen to you if you do not enjoy the ayat of the book.

Allah speaks of the ayat of the book telling us that they live inside the heart of the beleiver:

But no, [this Quran] is a revelation that is clear to the hearts of those endowed with knowledge. No one refuses to acknowledge Our revelations but the evildoers.(Surah 29:49)

Once you have the ayat in you heart then it would remind you of the ayat all around you. The ayat around you will remind you of the ayat of revelation. You would always get constant reminder of ayat.

You can put this to the test in your life and see how many reminders you get everyday:

A story

Let look at this purely hypothetical story to help us appreciate how we can get reminders from everyday things:

I wake up in the morning feeling refreshed, and i am reminded of the ayat:

Did We not create you in pairs, give you sleep for rest, the night as a cover, and the day for your livelihood? (Surah 78:8-11)

Today, i am expecting a friend, He is a new muslim brother , he used to hate Islam now he is my beloved brother:

Hold fast to God’s rope all together; do not split into factions. Remember God’s favour to you: you were enemies and then He brought your hearts together and you became brothers by His grace; you were about to fall into a pit of Fire and He saved you from it– in this way God makes His revelations clear to you so that you may be rightly guided. (Surah 3:103)

He is taking me on a trip, but before then i have some repairs to do, i move into the basement and the place is full of dust, the glass of the lamp is really dusty, i would have to clean that later:

God is the Light of the heavens and earth. His Light is like this: there is a niche, and in it a lamp, the lamp inside a glass, a glass like a glittering star, fuelled from a blessed olive tree from neither east nor west, whose oil almost gives light even when no fire touches it– light upon light– God guides whoever He will to his Light; God draws such comparisons for people; God has full knowledge of everything (Surah 24:35)

The glass in this ayah represents the fitrah (natural disposition) of a human. The dirt affects man's ability to appreciate revelation. Read more on the ayah here: https://www.nairaland.com/1151782/ayah-nur-light-spiritual-cardiology

So my friend finally arrives, with his new car, a Porsche. He loves his car, oh wait, it has a horse in its logo:

The love of desirable things is made alluring for men– women, sons, gold and silver treasures piled up high, horses with fine markings, livestock, and farmland– these may be the utility (Mataa) of this life, but God has the best place to return to. (Surah 3: 14)

The words of Allah are true, we do love horses with fine markings..

So we set off, we will be going to see his grandmother on her ranch first, the brother is moving really fast so i pleaded with him to slow down:

Man was created hasty: I will show you My signs soon, so do not ask Me to hasten them. (Surah 21:37)

I look out of the window and i spot an eagle in the sky, really majestic bird:

Do they not see the birds above them spreading and closing their wings? It is only the Lord of Mercy who holds them up: He watches over everything. (Surah 67:19)

On the side of the road is a cow grazing, it is dangerously close to the road but it seemed oblivious to the cars speeding past it, a bird would fly away, a deer will run away but the cow seemed heedless:

We have created many jinn and people who are destined for Hell, with hearts they do not use for comprehension, eyes they do not use for sight, ears they do not use for hearing. They are like cattle, no, even further astray: these are the ones who are entirely heedless. (Surah 7:179)

On the way, we saw a beautiful mansion, A young family posed for pictures infront of the house, beautiful family, beautiful dwelling, they seemed to be so happy:

Say [Prophet], ‘If your fathers, sons, brothers, wives, tribes, the wealth you have acquired, the trade which you fear will decline, and the dwellings you love are dearer to you than God and His Messenger and the struggle in His cause, then wait until God brings about His punishment.’ God does not guide those who break away. (Surah 9:24)

Finally we got to his grandmum's house, it was a ranch, lots of farm animals:

And livestock––He created them too. You derive warmth and other benefits from them: you get food from them; you find beauty in them when you bring them home to rest and when you drive them out to pasture They carry your loads to lands you yourselves could not reach without great hardship––truly your Lord is kind and merciful––horses, mules, and donkeys for you to ride and use for show, and other things you know nothing about. (Surah 16:5-cool

The livestock graze freely on the land, it was such an awesome sight:

It is He who sends down water for you from the sky, from which comes a drink for you, and the shrubs that you feed to your animals. (Surah 16:10)

We were inside the home, we come to his grand mum, she is really old now and needs constant care. She depends on those around her for everything:

It is God who has created you and in time will cause you to die.Some of you will be reduced, in old age, to a most abject state, so that, after having knowledge, they will know nothing at all: God is truly all knowing and all powerful. (Surah 16:70)

My friend's wife is here too, taking care of her mother-in-law, The two of them seem so much in love. It is the little things, the glances, the smiles, the teasing:

Another of His signs is that He created spouses from among yourselves for you to live with in tranquillity: He ordained love and kindness between you. There truly are signs in this for those who reflect. (Surah 30:21)

The most fasinating thing about them is that they are from different cultures and races. My friend is African American, she is Arab:

Another of His signs is the creation of the heavens and earth, and the diversity of your languages and colours. There truly are signs in this for those who know.(Surah 30:22)

We spent a few hours on the farm, until it was time for Zuhr, so we prayed:

So celebrate God’s glory in the evening, in the morning– praise is due to Him in the heavens and the earth– in the late afternoon, and at midday. (Surah 30:18)

We are going to take a boat ride before heading back:

Another of His signs is that He sends out the winds bearing good news, giving you a taste of His grace, making the ships sail at His command, enabling you to [journey in] search of His bounty so that you may be grateful. (Surah 30:46)

We sailed as the ship cuts through the waves:

It is He who made the sea of benefit to you: you eat fresh fish from it and bring out jewellery to wear; you see the ships cutting through its waves so that you may go in search of His bounty and give thanks. (Surah 16:14)

The clouds began to gather, it looked like there could be a storm:

It is He who enables you to travel on land and sea until, when you are sailing on ships and rejoicing in the favouring wind, a storm arrives: waves come at those on board from all sides and they feel there is no escape. Then they pray to God, professing sincere devotion to Him, ‘If You save us from this we shall be truly thankful.’ Yet no sooner does He save them than, back on land, they behave outrageously against all that is right. People! Your outrageous behaviour only works against yourselves. Take your little enjoyment in this present life; in the end you will return to Us and We shall confront you with everything you have done.(Surah 10:22-23)

That signalled the end of our trip.

FANTASTIC!!!
Re: Reflecting On The Miraculous Signs Of Allah by Nobody: 10:33am On Feb 22, 2013
This is beautiful.. May Almighty Allah increase your knowledge.. Barka Jumah to all Muslims

1 Like

Re: Reflecting On The Miraculous Signs Of Allah by matrix789: 10:34am On Feb 22, 2013
ALLAH AND MIRACLES.
THIS IS STRANGE TO ME.
Re: Reflecting On The Miraculous Signs Of Allah by Psylas(m): 10:35am On Feb 22, 2013
tbaba1234: Now, this is just a hypothetical story but it highlights how the believer should think about the ayat of Allah all around us. I wish we could all think like this, this constant reminder will completely transform our personalities. This is why it is important to build a connection with the ayat of the book.

The ayat of the Quran live in the heart of the believer. Allah says of heedless people:

We have created many jinn and people who are destined for Hell, with hearts they do not use for comprehension, eyes they do not use for sight, ears they do not use for hearing. They are like cattle, no, even further astray: these are the ones who are entirely heedless.(Surah 7:179)

They do not understand because the ayat are not inside.. So a believer sees a tree and it is a reminder of resurrection,How Allah brought the tree from the dead earth, How we will be raised on the last day... A disbeliever would see the same tree and nothing, He might even be a botanist but he will be completely heedless of the reminder the tree gives...

One of them understands it with his heart, the other understands it with his mind. Their minds can understand but their hearts don't understand a thing. They have eyes but they don't see what is supposed to be seen, they have ears but they do not hear what is supposed to be heard.

We have a seen self and an unseen self. The Quran feeds the unseen self (the Ruh) and the seen self . For instance, When Allah says the hearts became hard, He is talking of the unseen heart.

The Quran came to feed the Ruh. When we realise that, we begin to look at the world around us in a different light, everything becomes a reminder. The miraculous signs of our master. We start seeing with the eyes, Allah wants us to see with. We began to appreciate the seen reality and the unseen reality of everything.

The seen reality: It is a tree
The unseen reality: A reminder of resurrection

The seen reality: It is the sun
The unseen reality: It is a reminder that it is time to pray and make sajdah.

Let us all reflect on the ayat all around us.
ok
Re: Reflecting On The Miraculous Signs Of Allah by MacDaddy01: 10:36am On Feb 22, 2013
Can any honest muslim tell me why this deserves front page? The last time I checked anyone can quote a holy book and reflect on the miraculous signs of his god- Jews, christians, pagans, hindus etc

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ramadan Kareem To You All / Ramadan 2018: Searching Of The New Crescent - NSCIA / Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.