Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet (11931 Views)

How Can They Be HARAM? Bowing For Elders, Mawlid Nabiyy, Intercession Etc. / Some Of The Miracles Of The Holy Prophet Muhammad (saw). / Things To Do During The Holy Month Of Ramadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 8:20pm On Nov 13, 2014
Empiree:

And indeed We have created man, and We know what his ownself whispers to him. And We are nearer to him than his jugular vein (by Our Knowledge).

Then, problem comes up. How do we call (knowing) Allah by his Names and Attributes?. I believe this is where the first concept of ('WASEELA') following Nabi Muhammad (allahu alaiywasalam).

Then,'waseela' our good deeds, Salat, fast etc. Also learning through a sheik, maulana etc for the purpose of understanding the religion is also waseela.

This is different from calling on sheik or
praying at grave of pious men solely for divine purposes. This falls in shirk category, i believe. But I think there are lots to learn from waseela (our means of approach). Waseela is definitely NOT shirk with perfect understanding of it. It's Allah's command.

My question is about a phrase very commonly used in Yoruba language but been criticized by some Muslims. Tell me what you think about it, pls.

"ola anobi muhammad" i:e glory of prophet Muhammad?

lanrexlan:
Left to me,I see nothing wrong using this phrase.

Muhammad(pbuh) is the beloved of Allah(swt),so asking Allah using Muhammad(pbuh) as waseela,to me there's nothing wrong in it.

IN HIS NAME THE MOST HIGH
There are two ways proven in the Shariah (Quran and Sunnah) to approach Allah (swt).

1. Calling Him directly
2. Calling Him through intermediary

Using one's "Salat, good deeds etc" as a means of tawasul might be allowed in the Shariah but it question our level of faith.

Qur'an:
Say, "Indeed, my salat, my sacrifices, my living and my dying are for Allah, Lord of the worlds"
~Q.6:162.

This, in principle, is contradictory to "Oh Lord! Do this and that for me by virtue (or for) the sake of my salat and good deeds"

In fact its a lower level of faith. Imam Jafar as-Sadiq says:
"There are three types of 'Abd (servant) [in regards with their worship]. Those who worship out of fear of punishment of Allah; they are like slave. (Second are)Those who worship because of reward of paradise; they are like wage-earners. The Third ('Abd) which is the best are those who worship their Lord out of Love"

This is one of the Tafsir of the above ayah - Worship with no string attached (before or later). In the first two types of 'ibaadat, had there not being for punishment and reward, there won't be worship for those 'Abd.

Secondly, what is the reality and assurance that the said "salat, good deeds etc" are accepted by Allah and really worth of being a means (wasila) unto Him, the most High?

A good 'Abd lived between fear and hope. An example is set in Nabi Ibrahim and Nabi Ismail whom were ordered by their Lord to build Ka'aba. After the completion of their task, they both cried unto their Lord:

"...Our Lord accept (this service)from us. Verily! You are the All-Hearer, the All-knower"

Notice: I do not condemn the acts of using our so-called good deeds and worthless ibaadat but its simply a lower level of ibaadat as it question of 'faith'

There are plentiful sahih ahadith which proved beyond any shadow of doubt that the companions every now and then used the holy prophet (peace be on him and his progeny) as a means of approaching their Lord (wasila). This is what I see as the best means of approaching Allah. Even after his death, his relics and grave became means.

1. It was narrated from 'Uthman bin Hunaif that a blind man came to the Prophet (Peace be upon him) and said: "Pray to Allah to heal me." He said: "If you wish to store your reward for the Hereafter, that is better, or if you wish, I will supplicate for you." He said: "Supplicate." So he told him to perform ablution and do it well, to pray two Rak'ah, and to say this supplication: "Allahumma lnni as'aluka wa atawajjahu ilaika bimuhammadin nabiyyir-rahma. Ya Muhammadu inni qad tawajjahtu bika ila rabbi fi hajati hadhihi lituqda. Allahumma fashaffi’hu fiya (O Allah, I ask of You and I turn my face towards You by virtue of the intercession of Muhammad the Prophet of mercy. O Muhammad, I have turned to my Lord by virtue of your intercession concerning this need of mine so that it may be met. O Allah, accept his intercession concerning me)".

References
Ibn Majah transmitted it in his Sunan, book of Iqamat al-salat wa al-sunnat (establishing prayer and its sunnahs)[Page 197, Hadith No#1385)Page (87)

* In Sunnan Ibn Majah then it says:
Imam Abu Ishaaq (rah) said: This hadith is "SAHIH"

* Tirmidhī in al-Jami-us-sahīh, book of da‘awat (supplications) ch.119 (5:569 #3578) where he declared it "HASAN SAHIH GHARIB"

* Nasa'i, ‘Amal-ul-yawm wal-laylah p.417 #658-659

* Ahmad bin Hambal in his Musnad (4:138
#17246-17247)

* Hākim, al-Mustadrak (1:313,519) where he
declared it "SAHIH"

* Imam Bukhari, Book : Tareekh Ul Kabeer Volume : 6 page : 209 Biography number : 2192

2 Likes

Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 8:22pm On Nov 13, 2014
Imam Tabrani has narrated an incident that a person repeatedly visited Uthman bin Affan concerning something he needed but Uthman paid no attention to him. The man went to Uthman bin Hunaif and complained to him about the matter- [Note: this was after the death of the Prophet and after the caliphates of Abu Bakr and Umar ] so Uthman bin Hunaif said : “Go to the place of Wudu, then come to the Masjid, perform two Rak'ats and then say : “O Allah!, I ask you and turn to you through our Prophet Muhammad, the Prophet of Mercy. O Muhammad! I turn through you to my lord, that He fulfil my need” and mention your need. Then come so that I can go with you [to the caliph Uthman] So the man left and did as he had been told, then went to the door of
Uthman ibn Affan (Allah be pleased with him), and the doorman came, took him by the hand, brought him to Uthman ibn Affan, and seated him next to him on a cushion. 'Uthman asked, "What do you need?" and the man mentioned what he wanted, and Uthman accomplished it for him ...(till the end of hadith)

References: Imam al-Mundhiri (rah) brought this under "SALAT AL HAJAH" and said: Imam Tabarani after narrating it said "THIS HADITH IS SAHIH" [At-Targheeb wa Tarheeb, Page No. 129 in the chapter of Salaat al Hajah]

* Imam Tabrani Book : Ma'jam As Sagheer Volume : 1 Page : 306-307 Hadith number : 508

Note: Imam Tabrani, after narrating the hadith usually doesn't say anything but in this case he specifically says it is "Sahih"

* Imam Tabrani Book : Ma'jam Al Kabeer Volume : 9 page : 17-19 Hadith number : 8311

* Imam al-Haythami (rah) brought this under "SALAT AL HAJAH" also accepted the authentication of Imam Tabrani in his Majma az Zawaid Volume No. 2, Hadith # 3668

* Imam Bayhaqi Book : Dalail An nubuwwah Volume : 6 Page : 167-168

* Ibn Taymiyyah declared it "SAHIH" in his Qa'ida al Jaleela fit Tawassul wal Waseela (Page No. 156)

There are plentiful ahadith. I just limit it to the above

Using (means) Other Than The Prophet
2. It is related from Anas, "If there was a drought, 'Umar ibn al-Khattab would ask al-'Abbas ibn 'Abdu'l-Muttalib to do the rain prayer. He would say, 'O Allah we would seek intercession with You by Your Prophet and we would ask you for rain, now we seek intercession with You by the uncle of our Prophet, so give us rain!'" He added, "And they were given rain."

~ Sahih Bukhari Book:Al istasqa Chapter: Suaal An Nas Al Imam Alistasqa iza Qahatu Page : 245 Hadith number :1010

* Sahih Bukhari Book:Fadail e Ashaab An NABI SAW Chapter: Zikr Al Abbas Bin Abdul Muttalib (R.A)Page :914 Hadith number : 3710

* Imam Ibn e Hibban, Sahi ibn e Hibban, Book : As Salah Chapter : Salat Al Istasqa Volume :7 Page :110-111 Hadith number: 2861

Imam Ibn Hajar al Asqalani explains the Tawassul hadith of Umar and Abbas in his Fath al Bari as:

"O Allah, truly no tribulation descends except because of sins, nor is lifted except upon repentance. The people have turned to you by means of me BECAUSE OF MY POSITION IN RELATION TO YOUR PROPHET

Ibn Hajr al Asqalani also explains in his Fath al Bari:
Prophet(Peace Be Upon Him) used to take Al-Abbas like a son considers his father. O People You should also follow the Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) incase of Al-Abbas and make him an Intercessor to Allah.

Ibn Hajr al Asqalani explains in the same
passage that:
“From the story of 'Abbas it follows that seeking intercession through the pious, the righteous and the Ahlul Bait (family of the Prophet) is praiseworthy
Reference: Fathul Bari Sharah Sahi Bukhari, Page : 577 Under Hadith number :1010 of Sahi bukhari

2 Likes

Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 8:24pm On Nov 13, 2014
4. Tawassul At his blessed Grave!
Introduction

Death is not annihilation of man. In fact, once a man dies (which is the separation between body and soul), his soul becomes awaken and fully empowered and more enlightened as to the reality of "life" and the Creator of life, Allah. The soul become more attached to Allah and by default there is no materialistic barrier between its spirituality and material world.

Quran declares:
And say not of those who are slain in the way of God: “They are dead.” Nay! They are living, though you perceive (it) not”
Q.2:154

In another ayat, it is revealed they are “(closer with their Lord) seeking sustenance.

Even kafir 'hears and sees'
Narrated Ibn ‘Umar:
“The Messenger of Allah spoke to the People (buried) in the Well saying: “Have you found out that what your Lord had promised you is true?” then someone exclaimed: “Are you calling out to the dead!” The Prophet replied: “You do not hear better than they do, except they do not respond.”
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 23, Number 452

Narrated Abu Talha:
“On the day of Badr, the Prophet ordered that the corpses of twenty four leaders of Quraish should be thrown into one of the dirty dry wells of Badr. When he halted at the edge of the well, he addressed the corpses of the Quraish infidels by their names and their fathers’ names, “O so-and-so, son of so-and-so and O so-and-so, son of so-and-so! Would it have pleased you if you had obeyed Allah and His Apostle? We have found true what our Lord promised us. Have you too found true what your Lord promised you? “‘Umar said, “O Allah’s Apostle! You are speaking to bodies that have no souls!” Allah’s Apostle said, “By Him in Whose Hand Muhammad’s soul is, you do not hear, what I say better than they do.” (Qatada said, “Allah brought them to life (again) to let them hear him, to reprimand them and slight them and take revenge over them and caused them to feel remorseful and regretful.”
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 59, Number 314

3 Likes

Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 8:30pm On Nov 13, 2014
^AHADITH
"We sent not the Messenger, but to be obeyed, in accordance with the will of Allah. If they had only, when they were unjust to themselves, come to the Messenger and asked Allah's forgiveness, and the Messenger had (also) asked forgiveness for them, they would have found Allah indeed Oft-returning, Most Merciful."
~Qur'an, Surah an-Nisa, 4:64)

1. Ibn Kathir endorsing Tawassul in tafsir of above verse:
Jama'at (Many scholars) have stated this tradition. One of them is Abu Mansur al-Sabbagh who writes in his book Al-Shamil Al-Hikayat-ul-mashhurah that, according to ‘Utbi, once he was sitting beside the Prophet’s grave when a bedouin came and he said, “Peace be on you,
O Allah’s Messenger. I have heard that Allah
says: ‘(O beloved!) And if they had come to you, when they had wronged their souls, and asked forgiveness of Allah, and the Messenger also had asked forgiveness for them, they (on the basis of this means and intercession) would have surely found Allah the Granter of repentance, extremely Merciful.’

I have come to you, asking forgiveness for my sins and I make you as my intermediary before my Lord and I have come to you for this purpose.”. Then he recited these verses: “O, the most exalted among the buried people who improved the worth of the plains and the hillocks! May I sacrifice my life for this grave which is made radiant by you, (the Prophet,) the one who is (an embodiment) of mercy and forgiveness.”

Then the bedouin went away and I fell asleep. In my dream I saw the Holy Prophet
(Peace Be Upon Him). He said to me: O ‘Utbi, the bedouin is right, go and give him the good news that Allah has forgiven his sins.

~Ibn Kathir, Tafsir-ul-Qur'an al-azim Volume 004, Page No. 140, Under the Verse 4:64]

Notice: This report have been deliberately removed from the English version of Tafsir Ibn Kathir but remain intact in the Arabic version.

2. Imam an-Nawawi said while emphatically proving Tawassul said:
(The pilgrim) should turn towards the face of the Messenger of Allah and make him a means (tawassul) for the sake of himself and also seek his intercession (shafa'at) towards reaching God. In this regard “THE BEST OF
SAYINGS” is the Hikayat of Imam al-Marwadi and Qadhi Abu at-Tayb and “ALL MY OTHER
ASHAAB (I.E. SHAWAFI) also narrate it by
considering it HASAN/RECOMMENDED
” the narration of Utbi” i.e. A Bedouin who visited the Prophet's grave and sat beside it said:
Peace unto you O Messenger of Allah, I have heard Allah has said: Had they, when they had wronged themselves, come to you and asked Allah's forgiveness and the Apostle had asked forgiveness for them, they would certainly have found Allah Most-Propitious, Most-Merciful. (Holy Qur'an 4: 64).

Therefore, I have come to you for forgiveness of my sins and seeking your intercession with Allah

~Imam an-Nawawi in Al-Majmu', Volume No. 8, Page No. 274

3. Imam Qurtubi on Tawassul:
Its related from Abu Sadiq (ra) that Imam Ali (ra) said: "Three days after burying the Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) The Araabi did come and did throw himself on the grave of the Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him), he took the earth and threw it on his head. He said: "Ya Rasulallah! (Peace Be Upon Him) You did speak and we did hear, you learned from Allah and we did learn from you. Between those things which Allah did send you, is following: (4:64) I am the one, which is a sinner and now I did came to you, so that you may ask for me." After that a call from the grave did came: "Theres no doubt, you are forgiven!"
~Tafsir al-Qurtubi, al-Jami li Ahkam al-
Quran Volume 006, Page No. 439, Under the Verse, 4:64

4. It is attributed to Dawud bin Abu Salih. He says: one day Marwan came and he saw that a man was lying down with his mouth turned close to the Prophet’s grave. Then he (Marwan) said to him, “Do you know what are you doing?” When he moved towards him, he saw that it was Abu Ayyub al-Ansari. (In reply) he said, “Yes (I know) I have come to the Messenger of Allah and not to a stone. I have heard it from the Messenger of God not to cry over religion when its guardian is competent. Yes, shed tears over religion when its guardian is incompetent.

References
* Imam Hakim declared it "Sahih" while Imam Dhahabi "AGREED" with him [Al Mustadrak 4:520, Hadith # 8571]

* Ahmad bin Hambal with a sound chain of
transmission in his Musnad Volume 005: Hadith Number 422; Hakim, al-Mustadrak Volume 004: Hadith Number 515

Above hadith recorded with another chain by Imam Tabrani
* Tabrani, Book : Ma'jam Al Ausath,Vol: 1,
Page : 94, Hadith number : 284

* Taqi Ud Din Subki, Book : Shifa As Siqam, Chapter :Fasl Ath Thani ; Fi Tatabba Kalimaatihi, Volume : 1,Page : 342-343

2 Likes

Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 12:52pm On Nov 14, 2014
Using Relics of the Prophets As Wasila (Means of Intercession)

Allah says in surah Yusuf:
(Yusuf said,) “Take my shirt and lay it on the face of my father (Ya‘qub), he will regain his sight.” ~Qur’an sura Yūsuf 12:93

When the bearer of glad tidings arrived, he laid the shirt on the face of Ya‘qūb and his sight returned immediately ~Qur’an sura Yusuf 12:96

Quran also revealed the case of Nabi Zakariyya when he called on his Lord at Mary's 'place of worship' and his request was instantly granted.

*Sahih Muslim
..Narrated by Asma bint Abi Bakr whereupon she said : Here is the cloak of Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) and she brought out to me that cloak made of Persian cloth with a hem of brocade, and its sleeves bordered with brocade and said: This was Allah's Messenger's cloak with 'A'isha until she died, and when she died. I got possession of it. The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) used to wear that, and "WE WASHED IT FOR THE SICK AND SOUGHT CURE THEREBY"

~Online version: Book 024, Number 5149:
(Sahih Muslim) Book : Al Libas Waz Zeenah Volume : 1 Page : 859 Hadith number : 2069

2. “If any person suffered from evil eye or some other disease, he would send a vessel (containing water) to Umm Salama. I looked into the container (that held the hair of the Prophet) and saw a few red hairs in it,”
(She used to cure ailment with the water)
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 72, Number 784.

3. Narrated Thumama: Anas said, “Um Sulaim used to spread a leather sheet for the Prophet and he used to take a midday nap on that leather sheet at her home.” Anas added, “When the Prophet had slept, she would take some of his sweat and hair and collect it (the sweat) in a bottle and then mix it with Suk (a kind of perfume) while he was still sleeping. “When the death of Anas bin Malik approached, he advised that some of that Suk be mixed with his Hanut (perfume for embalming the dead body), and it was mixed with his Hanut.
Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 74, Number 298

4. Hajjaj ibn Hassan said: “We were at Anas’s house
and he brought up the Prophet’s cup from a black pouch. He ordered that it be filled with water and we drank from it and poured some of it on our heads and faces and sent blessings on the Prophet (Ahmad, Ibn Kathir.)
`Asim said: “I saw that cup and I drank from
it.”
~Sahih Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 53, Number 341. (Source: Encyclopaedia of Islamic Doctrine)

There are other authentic report in this regard.

2 Likes

Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by Nobody: 11:15pm On Nov 15, 2014
In the Name of Allah, may the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon our prophet Muhammad, and upon his household and companions.

As for what follows;

There are people in the world today who say, "O Allah forgive me because of the status of Muhammad (SAWS)” or “because of the right that Muhammad (SAWS) has over You”

Ibn Taymiyyah alongside majority of the scholars of ahlus sunnah wal jama'ah are of the opinion that this type of tawassul is haram, However some scholars allow it.

Those who allow it rely on a fabricated hadith:

"Imaam Haakim and others have narrated on the authority of Sayyiduna Umar ibn al-Khattaab [radhiallaahu anhu] that Rasulullah [Sallallahu alayhi wasallam] said, ''When Adam [alayhis salaam] ate from the forbidden tree, he said, 'O My Lord, I ask you through the right of Muhammad [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam] that you forgive me. Allah Ta'ala accepted Aadam's [alayhis salaam] repentance.

Source: (al-Mustadrak vol.2 pg.615; Dalaailun-Nubuwwah of Imaa Bayhaqi vol.5 pg.489; al-Mu'jamus saghir of Imaam Tabrani vol.2 pg.82)

The scholars of hadith classify the above hadith as non- authentic/fabricated.

Even though this type of tawassul is disapproved by majority of the scholars of ahlussunnah, it doesn't reach the level of shirk.

Many people go to the grave of. Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) in Madina, begging him to intercede for them. They say "O Muhammad, beg Allah to forgive me" because this is their understanding of tawassul. When you ask them for evidence of what they're doing, they quote hadith of the blind man, the hadith of Uthman ibn Hanif.

They quote it because the hadith is saheeh. However, they fail to realise that the sahaba begged Muhammad (SAWS) to pray for him, while Muhammad (SAWS) was alive. But when the Prophet passed away, none of the rightly guided caliphs went to his grave to pray to him even though they suffered a lot of calamities.

For example, when Umar(RA) was the caliph, he suffered a drought. Umar(RA) went to the uncle of the Prophet (SAWS) Abbas prayed for rain and it rained.

Narrated By Anas: Whenever drought threatened them, 'Umar bin Al-Khattab, used to ask Al-Abbas bin 'Abdul Muttalib to invoke Allah for rain. He used to say, "O Allah! We used to ask our Prophet to invoke You for rain, and You would bless us with rain, and now we ask his uncle to invoke You for rain. O Allah ! Bless us with rain." And so it would rain.

Source: [Sahih Bukhari, Vol 2, Book 17, Hadith #123]

So, if it were allowed to pray to Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) after he died, why didn't Umar do it? Umar approached a man that was alive. It's called to do tawassul with the dua of a pious man.

Furthermore;

[b]Narrated By 'Aisha: Abu Bakr came from his house at As-Sunh on a horse. He dismounted and entered the Masjid, but did not speak to the people till he entered upon 'Aisha and went straight to Allah's Apostle who was covered with Hibra cloth (i.e. a kind of Yemenite cloth). He then uncovered the Prophet's face and bowed over him and kissed him and wept, saying, "Let my father and mother be sacrificed for you. By Allah,
Allah will never cause you to die twice. As for the death which was written for you, has come upon you."

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: Abu Bakr went out while Umar bin Al-Khattab was talking to the people. Abu Bakr said, "Sit down, O 'Umar!" But 'Umar refused to sit down. So the people came to Abu Bakr and left Umar. Abu Bakr said, "To proceed, if anyone amongst you used to worship Muhammad , then Muhammad is dead, but if (anyone of) you used to worship Allah, then Allah is Alive and shall never die.

Allah said:

"Muhammad is no more than an Apostle, and indeed (many) apostles have passed away before him...(till the end of the Verse)... Allah will reward to those who are thankful." (3.144)

By Allah, it was as if the people never
knew that Allah had revealed this Verse before till Abu Bakr recited it and all the people received it from him, and I heard everybody reciting it (then).[/b]

Source: [Sahih Bukhari, Vol 5, Book 59, Hadith #733]

Many deviants are of the opinion that Prophet Muhammad is not dead. They say, “As far as we are concerned, Muhammad (SAWS) is alive and he has all of his faculties.”

So When they pray to Muhammad (SAWS) in the grave, they apparently turn his grave into an idol.

The following hadith is evidence that the grave of Muhammad (SAWS) can become an idol.

Yahya related to me from Malik from Zayd ibn Aslam from Ata ibn Yasar that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said, "O Allah! Do not make my grave an idol that is worshipped. The anger on those who took the graves of their Prophets as places of prostration was terrible."

Source: [Muwatta Malik (1/223) No. 570, Musannaf Abdur Razzaq (1/406) No. 1587, Musnad Ahmad (2/246) No. 7352]

The deviants who call upon Muhammad (SAWS) are worse than the pagans of Makkah. Because the pagans of Makkah called upon Allah alone when they were suffering.

Allah (SWT) says:

And when they embark on a ship, they invoke Allah, making their Faith pure for Him only, but when He brings them safely to land, behold, they give a share of their worship to others. (Al-'Ankabut 29:65)

And when harm touches you upon the sea, those that you call upon besides Him vanish from you except Him (Allah Alone). But when He brings you safely to land, you turn away (from Him). And man is ever ungrateful. (Al-Isra 17:67)

Allah told you that when you call upon dead people, Allah blocks them from hearing your kufr and your shirk.

If you invoke (or call upon) them, they hear not your call, and if (in case) they were to hear, they could not grant it (your request) to you. And on the Day of Resurrection, they will disown your worshipping them. And none can inform you (O Muhammad SAW) like Him Who is the AllKnower (of each and everything). (Fatir 35:14)

Allah said the deviants are worshipping them in the above ayah. So when they call upon them, they are absolutely wasting their time.

Allah (SWT) also told us in another ayah that the grave worshippers are liars and kaafirs:

Surely, the religion (i.e. the worship and the obedience) is for Allah only. And those who take Auliya (protectors and helpers) besides Him (say) : "We worship them only that they may bring us near to Allah." Verily, Allah will judge between them concerning that wherein they differ. Truly, Allah guides not him who is a liar, and a disbeliever.

(Az-Zumar 39:3)

Allah SWT knows best.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 12:38am On Nov 17, 2014
TheLight001:

As for what follows;

There are people in the world today who say, "O Allah forgive me because of the status of Muhammad (SAWS)” or “because of the right that Muhammad (SAWS) has over You”

Ibn Taymiyyah alongside majority of the scholars of ahlus sunnah wal jama'ah are of the opinion that this type of tawassul is haram, However some scholars allow it.

The bolded is an overstatement while the underlined is downplayed. Apart from the fact that Ibn Taymiyyah have no final say in the matters of faith of every muslim, who are the so-called majority of scholars that 'followed' him in declaring Tawassul Haram? And who are those Scholars that allowed it among the Ahlu Sunnah?

Virtually ALL prominent heavyweight scholars of Ahlu Sunnah - Nawawi, Ibn Hajar Al-Asqalani, Sheik Subkhi, et al concur and approved Tawassul. Ample evidence have been given in the OP. It is unfortunate you (or whatever website you copied this from) failed to names scholars who declared Tawassul Haram.

Surprise Surprise Surprise here's Sheik Ibn Taymiyyah on Tawassul and Shafa'a:

Ibn Taymiyya about Tawassul and Shafa'a

Ibn Taymiyya said in his book "al-qaida al-jaleela fit- tawwasali wal-waseela", with commentary of Rabi'a bin Hadi 'Umayr al-Mudkhali, professor in the Islamic University of Madinah al-Munawwara, page 6, paragraph 9:

"Muslims agreed that the Prophet (saws) is the greatest of creation the highest in rank and superiority and the most glorified and honored in the presence of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala and no other creation is better to Allah than the Prophet (saws) and no other shafa'a is greater than his shafa'a. ['aazamu al-khalqi jaahan 'ind-Allahi laa jaahun li- makhluqin 'inda-Allahi 'aazamu min jaahihi wa laa shafa'atun 'aazamu min shafa'atih]

He mentioned in the same book, page 4, para. 4:
"the Prophet (saws) is the intercessor of all creation [shafi'a al-khala'iq] and the owner of the Maqaam al-Mahmoud, that was the aspiration those who came before and those who came after, and he is the greatest of intercessors[shufa'a] and the highest in glory and superiority in Allah's Presence."

Ibn Taymiyya says in the same book on page 3, para. 2:
"Allah has sent his Prophet (saws) to Jinn and mankind and everyone has to follow him and believe in him and to follow him INWARDLY [BATIN] and OUTWARDLY [DHAHIR] and to believe in the Prohet (saws and to follow him is the only for Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala and the only way for the religion of Allah and it is the worship of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala and it is the obedience of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala, and all these are the way of the Friends of Allah [awliya-Allah], and all this is the the means [waseela] that Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala has ordered His servants to follow when He said in the Holy Qur'an, [35,5] " yaa ayyuhalladheena aamanu ittaqullaha wabtaghaw ilayhi al-waseela " -- "O ye who believe! Fear Allah and seek the means of approach unto Him." And the means to seek Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala is that one who will ask Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala by the intercession and the means of faith in His Prophet (saws) in and following him."

And on page 17, para 28:
["wa lafdhu at-tawassul qad yuradu bihi thalaathata umoor"] The word intermediation [tawassul] refers to three different meanings.

Two of them are agreed upon among the
Muslims. and on para 29: "the first of the two is the root of faith and Islam [hua asal al-eemaan wal-islam wa hua at-tawassul bil eemaani bihi] and it is the intercession with the Prophet (saws) by means of the belief in him and to obey him (saws).

Second is by means of his supplication [du'a] and by means of his intercession [shafa'a], ...and whoever denied this he is a kaafir and a renegade [murtad]. He must repent, and if he does not he will be killed. And no single scholar can deny the intermediation [at-tawassul] of his supplication and his intercession [shafa'a]."
and Ibn Taymiyya on page 17, para 30 says: "His prayer and his intercession and this is also of benefit ...and whoever DENIES TAWASSUL IN ONE OF THESE TWO MEANINGS IS A KAAFIR AND A MURTAD WHICH MEANS HE MUST REPENT OR HE MUST BE KILLED AS A MURTAD."
and he says on para 32, of the same page,
"whoever denies the intermediation by means of his supplication [du'a] and his intercession [shafa'a] and whoever denies that Muslims will derive benefit from that is a non-believer [kaafir]. And whoever denies out of ignorance must be educated. If he will persist in his denial and is stubborn, he will be considered a renegade [murtad]."

So I wonder where had Ibn Taymiyyah declared "Tawassul" and "Shafa'a" using Muhammad as Kafir?

If you need more in sha Allah you shall be provided.

1 Like

Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 12:55am On Nov 17, 2014
TheLight001:

Those who allow it rely on a fabricated hadith:

"Imaam Haakim and others have narrated on the authority of Sayyiduna Umar ibn al-Khattaab [radhiallaahu anhu] that Rasulullah [Sallallahu alayhi wasallam] said, ''When Adam [alayhis salaam] ate from the forbidden tree, he said, 'O My Lord, I ask you through the right of Muhammad [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam] that you forgive me. Allah Ta'ala accepted Aadam's [alayhis salaam] repentance.

Source: (al-Mustadrak vol.2 pg.615; Dalaailun-Nubuwwah of Imaa Bayhaqi vol.5 pg.489; al-Mu'jamus saghir of Imaam Tabrani vol.2 pg.82)

The scholars of hadith classify the above hadith as non- authentic/fabricated.

@underlined, who are those scholars and where and why do they classified the hadith as fabricated?

Again the bolded is an overstatement. A good scholar does not depend on empty words to daeef (weaken) hadith. The authenticity or non-authenticity of hadeeth is usually proven through its Sanad and Matn - chain of transmission and content of the hadith itself. Never on empty words.

The only scholar who tried to downplay this hadith was Ibn Taymiyyah and his cunning and feeble arguments to declare the hadith as fabrication was EXPOSED.

Ibn Taymiyya on "If not for Muhammad I would not have created you [Adam]"

Ibn Taymiyya said in his book "al-qaida al-jaleela fit- tawwasali wal-waseela", with commentary of Dr. Rabi'a bin Hadi 'Umayr al-Mudkhali, professor in the Islamic University of Madinah al-Munawwara, on page 166, para 493:

"...and like that is the hadith that is narrated by 'Abd ar-Rahman ibn Zayd ibn Aslam from his father from his grandfather from 'Umar ibn al-Khattaab (ra), marfu'an and mawqufan 'alayh, that when Adam (as) has committed the sin, he said, 'O Lord! I ask you for the sake of Muhammad (bi haqqi Muhammad) to forgive me.' He subhanahu wa ta'ala said, 'How did you know Muhammad?' He said, 'because when you created me with Your Hands and blew into me from Your Spirit, I raised my head and I saw on the legs of Your Throne written, 'laa ilaha ill-Allah Muhammadu Rasulullah' so I knew You would not put next to your name except the one who is the most beloved to You.' He said, 'you have said the truth, O Adam, and if it were not for Muhammad, I would not have created you.'" [law laa
Muhammadan maa khalaqtuk].

And Ibn Taymiyya continues:
"And this hadith is narrated by al-Haakim in his Mustadrak, from the hadith of 'Abdillah bin Muslim al-FiHree, from Isma'il bin Salama. And Haakim said, 'and it is the first hadith I have mentioned from 'Abdur-Rahman in this book. And Haakim says that it is sahih...

And we see here that Ibn Taymiyya is here
presenting a hadith that was verified and certified by al-Haakim as authentic [sahih] and that is the hadith which related from Allah that "If not for Muhammad I would not have created you [O Adam]". And this opposes the many objections to such hadith like the similar hadith of Jaabir which is related about Allah that he said, "law laak maa khalaqtul khalq" - "If not for you [O Muhammad] I would not have created any of the Creation."

Ibn Taymiyya now goes into a lengthy discussion of the authenticity of the hadith which he just stated was authentic according to al-Haakim. He attempts, through various arguments and demonstrations by way of similar cases, that this hadith is weak because al-Haakim is not as strong as some other scholars.

Let us examine here some of his arguments.
And on page 172, para 506 Ibn Taymiyya says, in support of his reasoning for weakening the sahih hadith of al-Haakim:

"Muslim has narrated that 'Allah has created
soil on Saturday'. And some people who have more knowledge than him disputed that, like Yahya ibn Ma'een and Bukhari and others and they clarified that this was wrong and it was not the words of the Prophet (saws). And the proof is with them, because it has been proved by the Book and the Sunnah and the Consensus [ijma'a] that Allahu ta'ala has created the heavens and earth in six days and His last creation was Adam and his creation was on Friday. And this hadith that has been disagreed upon indicates that He created that in seven days. And it has been narrated a more authentic isnaad than this that the beginning of creation was on Sunday."

Regarding Ibn Taymiyya's Statement regarding the hadith of Yahya bin Ma'een It is important to note that in the footnote on this paragraph, by Dr. Rabi'a bin Hadi 'Umayr al-Mudkhali, professor in the Islamic University of Madinah al-Munawwara, says, "I could not find the words of Yahya bin Ma'een about this hadith after I researched it."

The professor gives another footnote about this...

Finally, Dr. Rabi`a bin Hadi `Umayr al-Mudkhali gives a third footnote, saying: "I did not find a hadith marfu` that is an exact quote that the beginnning of creation was on Sunday. But there are aathar from Ibn `Abbas, Ibn Mas`ud and `Abdullah ibn Sallaam that have been mentioned by Ibn Jareer in his Tareekh, 1/47....

Here we see that Ibn Taymiyya is building a house of cards in order to prove that the hadith of al-Haakim "law laa Muhammadan maa khalaqtuk" is weak, through a series of Byzantine arguments whose major foundation here is seen to be without
support. And this is to be seen in a major scholar to be a tremendous weakness and serious indication of corruption, and Allah knows best.

We see here that Ibn Taymiyya states that Muslim was wrong based on the fact that "those more knowledgable than him" disputed it, starting with Yahya bin Ma'een. SURPISE THOUGH IT MAY BE, we find that YAHYA BIN MA'EEN DID NOT SPEAK AGAINST THIS HADITH AT ALL!!!

Ibn Taymiyya then tries to show that A HADITH NARRATED BY Imam Muslim was rejected by other scholars, "more knowledgable than him" and that the hadith Muslim narrated as sahih is not so, because Bukhari rejected it. We THEN FIND that in
fact, Bukhari NARRATED IT HIMSELF.

On the contrary, the "hadith" "that the beginning of creation was on Sunday" which Ibn Taymiyya tries to use to support his argument AGAINST the hadith "Allah created soil on Saturday" is in fact no hadith at all but is an athar with no verifiable authenticity! And these are the words of a Wahabi muhaqqiq!

Now in a further footnote to this discussion of Ibn Taymiyya, on the hadith of Muslim by the Professor Rabi`a in which he says, "It was narrated by Muslim in the book 'description of hypocrites and the laws relating to them'/chapter 'the beginning of Creation' hadith 27, and Ahmad 2/327, and Ibn Ma'een in at-Tareekh, 3/52 and Bayhaqi in 'al-'asma was-siffaat', page 364."

Here again we see how Ibn Taymiyya was using misleading arguments against Imam Muslim. Here it is clearly related by Ibn Ma`een, whereas Ibn Taymiyya said, "And some people who have more knowledge than him disputed that, like Yahya ibn Ma`een..."

Subhanallah! How much could a man have hated the Prophet (saws) so much to go to such deceitful lengths to weaken a hadith which honors the Prophet (saws) so magnificently, and showing that tawassul through him is acceptable!!!

Peace and Blessings upon the Prophet, his
Family, and his companion.

This is curled from:
www.sunnah.org/fiqh/ibntay11.html

1 Like

Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 1:34am On Nov 17, 2014
TheLight001:

Even though this type of tawassul is disapproved by majority of the scholars of ahlussunnah, it doesn't reach the level of shirk.

Funny grin grin @underlined. Why? Is it because many sahaba practiced Tawassul during the lifetime of the holy prophet (peace be on him and his household) and continued to do tawassul at his grave making him their wasila? Ample ahadith are presented in the OP in this regard if you care to read.

Perhaps this is what makes Sheik Ibn Taymiyyah submits:
The Salaf (i.e. companions) made lots of mistakes in lots of issues , and it is agreed that this does not make them disbelievers. For instance, some of the companions denied that the dead can hear the call of the living ; some of them denied that the Mi’raj occurred in a state of wakefulness; some of them denied that Muhammad (saw) saw his Lord; the opinions of some of them on Khilafah and Tafdil are well known, as well as the fighting of some by others and the cursing of some by others and the declaring of some by others as Kuffar!. There are well known statements (about all
this).

Source: Majmu Al-Fatawa. Vol. 12, Pg. # 492.

Really I can't stop imagine how 'beautiful' those underlined wording of Ibn taymiyyah became binding on many Ahlu Sunnah. Imagine! If sahaba does 'wrongful act', he's free but if a common muslim did the same, he has committed kufr.

TheLight001:

Many people go to the grave of. Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) in Madina, begging him to intercede for them. They say "O Muhammad, beg Allah to forgive me" because this is their understanding of tawassul. When you ask them for evidence of what they're doing, they quote hadith of the blind man, the hadith of Uthman ibn Hanif.

They quote it because the hadith is saheeh.

@Bolded, then what's the fuss all about if the hadith is SAHIH? Uthman ibn Hanif was a Sahabi. The holy prophet taught him Tawassul and his need was granted immediately.

Nearly ALL Muhaddith documented this hadith through different chain. And interestingly, after the demise of the holy prophet, this man, Uthman ibn Hanif used to teach his fellow sahaba the very Tawassul the prophet taught him (evidences are provided at the OP pls). And not only Uthman ibn Hanif, there are other ahadith graded Sahih where sahaba turned to the holy prophet esp after his death to make shafa'a for them from Allah.

TheLight001:

However, they fail to realise that the sahaba begged Muhammad (SAWS) to pray for him, while Muhammad (SAWS) was alive. But when the Prophet passed away, none of the rightly guided caliphs went to his grave to pray to him even though they suffered a lot of calamities.

For example, when Umar(RA) was the caliph, he suffered a drought. Umar(RA) went to the uncle of the Prophet (SAWS) Abbas prayed for rain and it rained.

Narrated By Anas: Whenever drought threatened them, 'Umar bin Al-Khattab, used to ask Al-Abbas bin 'Abdul Muttalib to invoke Allah for rain. He used to say, "O Allah! We used to ask our Prophet to invoke You for rain, and You would bless us with rain, and now we ask his uncle to invoke You for rain. O Allah ! Bless us with rain." And so it would rain.

Source: [Sahih Bukhari, Vol 2, Book 17, Hadith #123]

So, if it were allowed to pray to Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) after he died, why didn't Umar do it? Umar approached a man that was alive. It's called to do tawassul with the dua of a pious man.

This hadith and his Sharh has been quoted already in the OP. Anyway here's the Sharh again by Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani:

Imam Ibn Hajar al Asqalani explains the Tawassul hadith of Umar and Abbas in his Fath al Bari as:

"O Allah, truly no tribulation descends except because of sins, nor is lifted except upon repentance. The people have turned to you by means of me BECAUSE OF MY POSITION IN RELATION TO YOUR PROPHET

Prophet(Peace Be Upon Him) used to take Al-Abbas like a son considers his father. O People You should also follow the Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) incase of Al-Abbas and make him an Intercessor to Allah.

Ibn Hajr al Asqalani explains in the same
passage that:
“From the story of 'Abbas it follows that seeking intercession through the pious, the righteous and the Ahlul Bait (family of the Prophet) is praiseworthy
Reference: Fathul Bari Sharah Sahi Bukhari, Page : 577 Under Hadith number :1010 of Sahi bukhari

So it is an instruction from the prophet that Abbas, a dear family of the prophet, can be used as wasila.
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 2:40am On Nov 17, 2014
TheLight001:

Furthermore;
Narrated By 'Aisha: Abu Bakr came from his house at As-Sunh on a horse. He dismounted and entered the Masjid, but did not speak to the people till he entered upon 'Aisha and went straight to Allah's Apostle who was covered with Hibra cloth (i.e. a kind of Yemenite cloth). He then uncovered the Prophet's face and bowed over him and kissed him and wept, saying, "Let my father and mother be sacrificed for you. By Allah, Allah will never cause you to die twice. As for the death which was written for you, has come upon you."

Narrated Ibn 'Abbas: Abu Bakr went out while Umar bin Al-Khattab was talking to the people. Abu Bakr said, "Sit down, O 'Umar!" But 'Umar refused to sit down. So the people came to Abu Bakr and left Umar. Abu Bakr said, "To proceed, [b]if anyone amongst you used to worship Muhammad
, then Muhammad is dead, but if (anyone of) you used to worship Allah, then Allah is Alive and shall never die.

Allah said:
"Muhammad is no more than an Apostle, and indeed (many) apostles have passed away before him...(till the end of the Verse)... Allah will reward to those who are thankful." (3.144)

By Allah, it was as if the people never knew that Allah had revealed this Verse before till Abu Bakr recited it and all the people received it from him, and I heard everybody reciting it (then).[/b]

Source: [Sahih Bukhari, Vol 5, Book 59, Hadith #733]

This 'scholar' or 'website' is exposed of his or its ignorance no doubt.

This is what Abu Bakar said when he learnt the holy prophet had died:
"To proceed, if anyone amongst you used to worship Muhammad , then Muhammad is dead, but if (anyone of) you used to worship Allah, then Allah is Alive and shall never die.

The bolded part says it all. Muhammad is not an Object of worship. Only Allah (swt) deserved to be worshiped. And for worship to be valid, an 'Abd (servant) needs to acknowledge the 'Lordship and Creatorship of Allah'.

Perhaps many sahabas who were once idol-worshippers still think Muhammad is their god; hence, reason why 'Abu Bakar used the word worship. In fact, this is not even the case. The very ayah 'Abu Bakar quoted threw his argument of "worship" in the thrash-can for Allah never refer to "worship" rather:
"Muhammad (SAW) is no more than a Messenger, and indeed (many) Messengers have passed away before him. If he dies or is killed, will you then turn back on your heels (as disbelievers)? And he who turns back on his heels, not the least harm will he do to Allah, and Allah will give reward to those who are grateful.

The bolded part says it all. The noble verse was revealed at the Battle of Uhud when majority of sahaba fled upon their heel when they heard a false cry that the holy prophet had been killed. Alas! After the real death of the holy prophet, some of them still "turn back" from Islam into christianity and other false religion while some innovated into the religion.

"Turning back" in this ayah doesn't mean "turning back to worship idols or "worshiping" Muhammad for that will constitute a major disbelief thereby once he died, they dropped their sahada. If it is, that means the 23 years of prophetic mission is useless as none (except Abu Bakar) comprehend the Kalimatain - the Sahada, which is an insult upon the Sahaba as per the standards of the Ahlu Sunnah.

This kind of argument is baseless on the issue of Tawassul.

Al-Ibaadat is different from Tawassul or Shafa'a.

Al-ibaadat (worship) in Islamic terminology constitute certain form one of which is Salat where we devotionally with reverence and submission with an aqeeda of Ubudiyyah having the recognition of Allah as our Lord and creator...prostrate to Him.

Tawassul is the act of using a wasila (mean) to reach God. Salat, Sawm, Qur'an, etc are wasila because they are like 'ladders' to reach God. Muhammad (saws) is also a wasila in every consideration, in deeds, we are ask to follow him, likewise his purification is certified by his Lord, his status is the highest and clarified before God, and he is dearer to Him than any being; thereby, as he (saws) himself taught Uthman ibn Hanif, in our supplication, turning to him (saws) to intercede for us the sinner, the rebel, the wrongdoers who only pray with motives, does makes sense a lot.

Haven't you read Ayat al-Qursiyy @bolded part where Allah says:
"Allah! None has the right to be worshipped but He, the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists. Neither slumber nor sleep overtakes Him. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. Who is he that can intercede with Him except with His permission He knows what...

Has Allah not given the permission of intercession to Muhammad?

Imam Ahmad said in his Musnad, Volume 2, page 75:
"Abdullah bin 'Umar said that the Prophet (saws) said, 'I have been asked to choose
between the Intercession [as-shafa'a] or to enter half my Nation into Paradise, but I chose the shafa'a because it is more inclusive and more perfect. Do you think it is for the pious? No! It is for the filthy and sinful people."

And Ibn Majah said, in Volume, page 1444:
"Ibn Jaabir said he heard Salim bin 'Aamir that he heard 'Auf bin Maalik saying that the Prophet (saws) said, 'do you know what Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala has given me a choice in this night?' We said, 'Allah and His Prophet (saws) know better.' He said, 'He gave me a choice between two matters: either to send half my Nation to Paradise or to have the Shafa'a. And I chose the Shafa'a.' And we said, 'O Prophet, ask Allah to make us from those who deserve the shafa'a.' And the Prophet (saws) said, 'It is for every Muslim .'" [Muslim said it is authentic]

Allaama Ibn Qayyim in his book al-Jami` al-Fareed, page 493, comments on the following hadith of Ibn 'Abbas (r):
"In the time before the Prophet (saws) the Jews of Khaybar were fighting with the Ghatfaan tribe. When the battle ended the Jews were defeated.

They prayed to Allah asking Him, 'for the sake of Muhammad (bi haqqi Muhammad ), the Prophet whom you are sending in the last days, make us defeat this tribe." When they met again with Ghatfaan they defeated them. Allah mentioned that event in the Qur'an when He said: "From of old they had prayed for victory against the unbelievers" (Baqara, 89), which means they [the Jews] were asking for your sake, O Muhammad, to defeat the unbelievers."
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 3:53am On Nov 17, 2014
TheLight001:

Many deviants are of the opinion that Prophet Muhammad is not dead. They say, “As far as we are concerned, Muhammad (SAWS) is alive and he has all of his faculties.”

So When they pray to Muhammad (SAWS) in the grave, they apparently turn his grave into an idol.

It is obvious this ideology doesn't know the meaning of "death". And its taught is "death" is annihilation of "man".

Quran declares:
And say not of those who are slain in the way of God: “They are dead.” Nay! They are living, though you perceive (it) not
Q.2:154

In another ayat, it is revealed they are “(closer with their Lord) seeking sustenance.

Although this noble verse addressed the Shu'hadas who were killed in the ways of Allah yet its a general verse in application for all mu'min in the fact that we have the same Soul.

Even Dead kafir 'hears and sees' but cannot reply
Narrated Ibn ‘Umar:
“The Messenger of Allah spoke to the People (buried) in the Well saying: “Have you found out that what your Lord had promised you is true?” then someone exclaimed: “Are you calling out to the dead!” The Prophet replied: “You do not hear better than they do, except they do not respond.”
Sahih Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 23, Number 452

Dead muslim Hear and Sees and Allah Gives permission to Reply
Here's one of Sunni esteem Imam Ibn Qayyim:

The First Matter: "Do the dead recognize those who visit them and also hear their greetings or not? "

Ibn Abdul Barr said that it is established from the Prophet Muhammad (saw) that he said: "Any Muslim who passes by the grave of his brother whom he knew ( in the worldly life) and says 'Salaam' (Greetings) to him, then Allah (swt) grants back his/hers spirit and he even returns the greeting." Hence it is proven that the deceased recognises the visitor and also responds to the greeting. It is narrated with numerous chains in the two Saheehs (i.e. Bukhari and Muslim) that on order of Prophet (saw), a well was dug for the dead of Badr after which Prophet (saw) stood nearby and called them out as: "Ya Fulan ibn Fulan (i.e. O son of so-and-so) wa Ya Fulan ibn Fulan! Have you not found what your Lord had promised with you to be correct? As for me, I have found the promises of my Lord to be (perfectly) correct..." Umar listened to the words of Allah's Apostle (saw) and said: "Allah's Messenger, how do they listen and respond to you when they are dead and their bodies have decayed?"

Thereupon he (saw) said: "By Him who has sent me with truth, what I am saying to them, even you cannot hear more distinctly than they, but they lack the power to reply."

It is also proven from Prophet (saw) that when people return after burying the dead then he even hears their footsteps. Other than this, Prophet (saw) has taught his Ummah to say 'Salaam' to the dead by addressing them (directly) i.e."O Momineen! May peace be upon you." This type of addressing is only done to a person who can hear and understand you, otherwise this address would have been as if its addressed to someone who is not present and cannot hear (which of course is false). It has come as 'Tawatur (i.e. definitely known)' from the Salaf (the predecessors) that the dead recognise those who visit them and also become happy on their visit.

Source: Kitab Ar-Ruh. Vol. 1, Pg. # 167 -168.

So I ask what else do you need dear brother for conviction?

TheLight001:

The following hadith is evidence that the grave of Muhammad (SAWS) can become an idol.

Yahya related to me from Malik from Zayd ibn Aslam from Ata ibn Yasar that the Messenger of Allah (SAW) said, "O Allah! Do not make my grave an idol that is worshipped. The anger on those who took the graves of their Prophets as places of prostration was terrible."

Source: [Muwatta Malik (1/223) No. 570, Musannaf Abdur Razzaq (1/406) No. 1587, Musnad Ahmad (2/246) No. 7352]

This hadith addressed the grave-worshippers. There is wide difference between "grave-worshipping" and "Grave-visitation (ziyarat al-Qabr)".

Here are again testimonies:

Imam Qurtubi on Tawassul:
Its related from Abu Sadiq (ra) that Imam Ali (ra) said: "Three days after burying the Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him) The Araabi did come and did throw himself on the grave of the Prophet (Peace Be Upon Him), he took the earth and threw it on his head. He said: "Ya Rasulallah! (Peace Be Upon Him) You did speak and we did hear, you learned from Allah and we did learn from you. Between those things which Allah did send you, is following: (4:64) I am the one, which is a sinner and now I did came to you, so that you may ask for me." After that a call from the grave did came: "Theres no doubt, you are forgiven!"
~Tafsir al-Qurtubi, al-Jami li Ahkam al-
Quran Volume 006, Page No. 439, Under the Verse, 4:64

This same ahadith is documented in Tafsir ibn kathir under the same sura nisa:64 (Arabic version only as the thieves had removed the hadith in the English version).

Imam Nawawi also recorded it (see ref at the OP).

Now here's a more precise hadith:
It is attributed to Dawud bin Abu Salih. He says: one day Marwan came and he saw that a man was lying down with his mouth turned close to the Prophet’s grave. Then he (Marwan) said to him, “Do you know what are you doing?” When he moved towards him, he saw that it was Abu Ayyub al-Ansari. (In reply) he said, “Yes (I know) I have come to the Messenger of Allah and not to a stone. I have heard it from the Messenger of God not to cry over religion when its guardian is competent. Yes, shed tears over religion when its guardian is incompetent.

References
* Imam Hakim declared it "Sahih" while Imam Dhahabi "AGREED" with him [Al Mustadrak 4:520, Hadith # 8571]

* Ahmad bin Hambal with a sound chain of
transmission in his Musnad Volume 005: Hadith Number 422; Hakim, al-Mustadrak Volume 004: Hadith Number 515

Above hadith recorded with another chain by Imam Tabrani
* Tabrani, Book : Ma'jam Al Ausath,Vol: 1,
Page : 94, Hadith number : 284

* Taqi Ud Din Subki, Book : Shifa As Siqam, Chapter :Fasl Ath Thani ; Fi Tatabba Kalimaatihi, Volume : 1,Page : 342-343

Where are these acts in the ahadith practiced by the sahaba constitute to "worshipping graves"?

"Actions shall be judge according to intention..."
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 4:28am On Nov 17, 2014
TheLight001:

The deviants who call upon Muhammad (SAWS) are worse than the pagans of Makkah. Because the pagans of Makkah called upon Allah alone when they were suffering.

Allah (SWT) says:
And when they embark on a ship, they invoke Allah, making their Faith pure for Him only, but when He brings them safely to land, behold, they give a share of their worship to others. (Al-'Ankabut 29:65)

And when harm touches you upon the sea, those that you call upon besides Him vanish from you except Him (Allah Alone). But when He brings you safely to land, you turn away (from Him). And man is ever ungrateful. (Al-Isra 17:67)

Allah told you that when you call upon dead people, Allah blocks them from hearing your kufr and your shirk.

If you invoke (or call upon) them, they hear not your call, and if (in case) they were to hear, they could not grant it (your request) to you. And on the Day of Resurrection, they will disown your worshipping them. And none can inform you (O Muhammad SAW) like Him Who is the AllKnower (of each and everything). (Fatir 35:14)

Allah said the deviants are worshipping them in the above ayah. So when they call upon them, they are absolutely wasting their time.

There's nothing in these noble ayah that contradict the acts of Tawassul. These ayah as rightly explained above addressed the Mushrik (polytheist). They believe in Allah being Creator of heavens and the earth yet they believe in other gods who share his affairs.

Muslims do not believe in other gods. Our tawassul to Muhammad (saws) does not constitute Shirk in anyway because according to ayat al-Qur'siyy and many other ayah, he (saws) has been given permission to intercede for us before Allah. And what we declare is:

"O you (Muhammad) who has closest proximity with Allah, intercede for us for our sins and disobedience keep us far away from him"

TheLight001:

Allah (SWT) also told us in another ayah that the grave worshippers are liars and kaafirs:
Surely, the religion (i.e. the worship and the obedience) is for Allah only. And those who take Auliya (protectors and helpers) besides Him (say) : "We worship them only that they may bring us near to Allah." Verily, Allah will judge between them concerning that wherein they differ. Truly, Allah guides not him who is a liar, and a disbeliever.

(Az-Zumar 39:3)

Allah SWT knows best.

Again the word here is underlined "worship". Only Allah deserved to be worshipped. Intercession (shafa'a), tawassul (mediation) is not worshipping.

I hope all these are suffice for heart that really want guidance.

Even in our daily activities, we depend on Shafa'a and Tawassul. Haven't you use your mum to get something from your dad whenever your asking falls into deaf hears? That mum there is a wasila (a mean) to get what you want.

Going into an Office to see and sort your need with a top-man. Becomes nearly impossible unless you see a secretary or vice etc. Why can't you force your ways in those examples without those wasilas?

The enemies of the holy prophet (peace be on him and his household) are the ones that formulated the theory of he's just a man like you, he cannot do anything and he's dead. They twisting the noble verse of the holy Qur'an where Allah says:
"Say (O Muhammad) I am just a bashar like you but inspirations has come to me..."

Bashar means Mortal. Muhammad (saws)'s status, virtue, miracles, eloquence, rightoueness, sagacity, etc etc is so high that many around him thought he's a 'divine being' like an angel thereby an excuse can be laid that "Oh Allah Why did you sent an angel to us while we are simply human with limitations; therefore we cannot do beyond our capabilities". This is what brings about this ayah.

And the ayah clarify "... but inspirations has come to me..."
Does an "ordinary man" receives inspirations from Allah? Only the most worthy, the selected receives wahy. Even the quality of wahy you receive depend on your worth.

Unfortunately people follow this alien ideology ignorantly.

May Allah guide our heart aright.

Peace and blessings be on Muhammad, the prophet of mercy, the best among all creature of Allah; and his household, the purified; and righteous among his companions.

Wa Salam Alaykum

1 Like

Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 6:14am On Nov 18, 2014
"My God, my heart is veiled, my soul deficient, my intelligence defeated, my caprice triumphant, my obedience little, my disobedience much and my tongue acknowledges sins.

So what am I to do?
Oh He who covers defects!
Oh He who knows the unseen things!
Forgive my sins, all of them, BY THE SACREDNESS OF MUHAMMAD AND THE
HOUSEHOLD OF MUHAMMAD

Oh All-forgiver! Oh All-forgiver!
Oh All-forgiver! By Thy mercy,
Oh Most Merciful of the merciful!"

~Du'a Sabah of Imam Ali (a.s) in Mafatih al-Jinan by Allamah Hajj Sheik Abbas Qummi

2 Likes

Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 7:01am On Nov 19, 2014
Abd Al-Wahhab (Died 1206 A.H):
Tenth point: Their saying on asking for rain (Al-Istisqa').

Their saying that, "There is no problem in doing Tawassul through the Saliheen (the righteous ones)," and the saying of Ahmad: "You may only perform Tawassul through the Prophet (saw) exclusively," whilst they said that you may not ask for help through the creations. So the difference is very clear.

And the statement is not what we find ourselves in. Some permitted the intercession through the Saliheen, some of them only permitted it exclusively through the Prophet (saw), and the majority of the scholars forbade that and disliked it. So this case is from the cases of Fiqh(jurisprudence). And even if the right (verdict) is with us, i.e. the saying of the majority; that it is disliked, then still we do not reject the person who performs it. There is no rejection in the cases of Ijtihad (effort to derive a judicial ruling). But our rejection is to those who asks a creation more than asking Allah (swt), and turns towards a grave, screams at the shrine of Shaykh Abd Al-Qadr or others, asking to be relieved from trouble and to be helped with what is asked, and to be given the needs.

So what is this compared to who prays to Allah (swt) sincerely and not asking others beside Him? But rather he says in his du'a: "I ask You by Your Prophet (saw), or by Your messengers, or by Your righteous servants," or he turns toward a well-known grave or other than that, and then prays in front of him, but he does not pray to Allah (swt) purely, then what is this compared to what we find ourselves in?
Source: Fatawa Wa Masa'il. Pg. # 68 - 69.

Al-Haytami (Died 974 A.H):
Amongst the evil deeds of ibn Taymiyyah, something which nobody before him in this world proclaimed, is his rejection of Istighatha (beseeching for help) and Tawassul through Prophet (saw). This Tawassul through Prophet (saw) is Hasan (fair) in all conditions whether before his creation (i.e. him being sent to the world), after it (i.e. his death), also in this world and on Day of Judgment.

Proving The Intercession By Prophet (saw)
From what proofs that intercession by him is allowed before his creation and this is also a way of the Salaf As Salih, the Prophets and awliyah and others. The saying of ibn Taymiyyah does not even have a basis but it is of his lies. What Al-Hakim has brought forward and has authenticated that he (saw) said: "When Adam (a.s) made the mistake he said, "O Lord! I ask You by Muhammad (saw) that You forgive me." So Allah (swt) said, ''O Adam (a.s)! How have you known Muhammad (saw) while I have not created him?'' He (Adam (a.s)) said: "When You created me with Your hands (meaning His power) and You have blown into me from your soul as in from Your secrets that You have created and have blessed him with, to add to what you have said: ''And when I have proportioned him and breathed into him'.' (15:29) So when I raised my head and saw written on the heights of the Throne: "La-ilaha-illallah-Muhammadur-Rasulullah" I understood that You would not place next to Your Name but the Most Beloved One of Your creation. Allah (swt) said: "O Adam! I have forgiven you, and were it not for Muhammad (saw) I would not have created you."
Source: Jawhar Al-Munazzam fi Ziyaratil Qabr il Mukkaram. Pg. # 148 - 149.

To be continue...in sha Allah
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by Empiree: 2:32am On Nov 20, 2014
I think those who reject Tawassul through the Saliheen or the prophet(saw) are only taking precautions. They do not have guts. I can agree with them that care must be taken. Some yrs back, not even mainstream muslims denied Waseela or Tawassul. They only gave different opinion like women should not be allowed to visit graves etc. In my family, we dont really visit grave but Muslims need to remove stigma that those who visit grave amount to worshiping there just by sitting down etc. That's visiting as far as I know. I know it looks crazy. "Proofs" the critics have are usually YouTube vidoes showing people touching, crying around grave of pious. But this is done around Kaaba as well by muslims altogether. I reject crying there (graves) really. But i cant confirm what's being transpired just by watching video. I dont hear what they say.

My understanding is it is better to offer prayer in my house than going to the grave. I will go there for purposes of 'cleaning' the vicinity and also ask Allah for his(her) forgiveness. Nothing more. We really need to stop this whole shirk shirk shirk business. Mainstream really losing it on Tawassul and Tasawwuf. I heard mainstream explanations on Tawassul and Tasawwuf, they dont seem to understand the concepts but to reject it. Perhaps, out of ignorant. Both sides need to take things easy.

I know tbaba1234 is uncomfortable with my story on rawaniyah. That thing got his eyes rolling. I deliberately talked about it to free myself from circle of same old topics, threads, bid'ah, shirk, haram. I am sick of all that. But that doesnt mean I am not firm against shirk or 'unlawfuls'. He probably suspecting empiree as undercover SHIRK grin . Unfortunately i cant explain the mystery just by typing. It's more than that. What I know is he brought prayers to him day and night. Most of them Quran and some from Hadith which he's been using for yrs now. That's where counts comes from. But no one is bound to accept this.

This is probably the likes Baba Adam gone through or had. I read a book around 1998 written by Sheik Adam (r) about times(hours) to have sexual relations with your wife and possible result of such fruit (offspring). Stuff like these are considered "Ashiri" > secrets. But mainstream will turn it down that Islam is complete because to them such things dont exist. They would say Prophet(saw) would have taught us if it was part of the deen. Humm, in most cases, it's better to zip it than argue over it. Its bores down to levels of iman: Muslim, Mumin, Musin.
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 7:28am On Nov 20, 2014
Empiree:
I think those who reject Tawassul through the Saliheen or the prophet(saw) are only taking precautions. They do not have guts.

To take precautions is not = rejection. You cannot reject (haram) what Quran and Sunnah allowed. There's nothing among the practices of Islam that have not been abused. Should we now say we reject them based on the fact that some fellow abused it.
What should be the responsibility is to relentlessly make people aware of what they do. Not rejecting altogether.

I don't see a greater humility than using the prophet and the saliheen in reaching Allah.

Empiree:

I can agree with them that care must be taken. Some yrs back, not even mainstream muslims denied Waseela or Tawassul. They only gave different opinion like women should not be allowed to visit graves etc.

Yes care must be taken. People go beyond the limit sometimes.

Empiree:

In my family, we dont really visit grave but Muslims need to remove stigma that those who visit grave amount to worshiping there just by sitting down etc. That's visiting as far as I know. I know it looks crazy.

I agree with you in entirety. But ziarat (visit) of the prophet and the saliheen is more than that. You don't just sit down. You say salawat to the prophet, make (or renew) the oath of allegiance to him, supplicate to Allah through him as waseela. Then reflect on the personality of the prophet, the hardship and sufferings he went through during the tabligh, then how his death stops the divine revelation and Allah's direct baraka...with this you have no choice but to cry (Undeniable Evidence of all these are presented at the OP.). For God's sake you are in the presence of Muhammad (peace be on him and his progeny). Do you think he doesn't recognize you? There are countless sahih ahadith even in Bukhari that testify to that, to the extent that the record of our deeds are presented to him.

Visiting Qabr of parents, brethren simply require sending salam to them and praying for Allah's rahma on them; and in turn they (the dead) will return your salam and pray back for you.

Then you reflect deeply that the place will be your final abode also. Visiting graves melts hard-heart.

Empiree:

"Proofs" the critics have are usually YouTube vidoes showing people touching, crying around grave of pious. But this is done around Kaaba as well by muslims altogether.

Good argument brother. Why crying around the kaaba. "Actions are judge according to intention" and only Allah knows the hidden.

Empiree:

I reject crying there (graves) really. But i cant confirm what's being transpired just by watching video. I dont hear what they say.

Reject crying? Do you allow smiling? grin
I think I have talk about the philosophy of grave visit a little above. Nothing wrong with crying at the grave. It simply has to be meaningful.

"Too much sin makes the heart hard; and hardheartedness
makes the eyes dry" ~Imam 'Ali (as).
When you see ANYTHING that reflect the majesty of the Lord, if your heart is moved by it, there's possibility that tears will flow in your eyes.

Empiree:

My understanding is it is better to offer prayer in my house than going to the grave. I will go there for purposes of 'cleaning' the vicinity and also ask Allah for his(her) forgiveness. Nothing more.

Brother! Something More @bold. What would you have done if you visit the holy prophet or other prophets? Just clean?

What about your parents, loved ones etc? Just clean?
Sometimes you convince me brother and sometimes I can smell this "salafic" ideology. grin grin

Empiree:

We really need to stop this whole shirk shirk shirk business. Mainstream really losing it on Tawassul and Tasawwuf. I heard mainstream explanations on Tawassul and Tasawwuf, they dont seem to understand the concepts but to reject it. Perhaps, out of ignorant. Both sides need to take things easy.

May Allah bless you for that concise summary @underlined.

Wa Salam alaykum

1 Like

Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 4:30pm On Nov 20, 2014
Continue..Scholars Opinion On Tawassul

Al-Subki (Died 756 A.H):
It should known that Tawassul and intercession through the Prophet (saw) in the court of Allah (swt) is not only allowed but is recommended. It being legal and recommended is a known fact for everyone who has understanding of religion, this is a deed of Prophets/Messengers, the predecessors, the scholars and general public of Muslims. None of the religions denied it nor in any time were these deeds called bad except for when ibn Taymiyyah and he started to reject them. His sayings made the weak get into confusion/dilemma, he did such a innovation which nobody before him had done. And that's why he has attacked (rejected in an unkind way) what Malik Rahimahu Allah Ta'ala has mentioned. For it contains the saying of Malik Rahimahi Allah Ta'ala to Mansur: ''And ask
forgiveness by him.''
Source: Shifa Us Siqaam Fi Ziyaratal Khayrul Anaam. Pg. # 357.

General Authority of Islamic Affairs &
Endowments of Kuwait

Intercession From The Prophet (saw) After His Death
The scholars have differed about the legitimacy of intercession with the Prophet (saw) after his death.
For example, the saying of someone who says: "O Allah (swt)! I ask You by Your Messenger, or by the position of Your Prophet (saw), or by the right of Your Prophet (saw)." There are different opinions about these kinds of intercession: The first opinion is of the majority of the Maliki, Shaf'i, and also later Hanafi jurisprudence and this is also the case with the Hanbalis that this sort of intercession
is allowed whether it is during the lifetime of
the Prophet (saw) or after his death.
Source: Al-Muwsu'a Al-Fiqhiyya Al-Kuwaitiyya. Vol. 14, Pg. # 156.

Ibn Al-Zaini Dahlaan Al-Makki Al-Shafi'i (Died 1304 A.H):
And in it is the calling (to someone) with it's saying, "and you are our hope" and the Sahabah used to hear such poems and no one rejected it's saying, "O Messenger of Allah (saw)! You are our hope." Al-Allamah ibn Hajr in his book, "Al-Musamma," in
chapter 25, said that Imam Shafi'i during the days that he was in Baghdad, used to perform Tawassul through Imam Aboo Hanifa. He used to come to his shrine, visit it and greet him, and then perform Tawassul through him to Allah (swt) in able to fulfill his need. And it has been proven that Imam Ahmad performed Tawassul through Shafi'i, until his son Abdallah bin Ahmad used to be amazed by that. So Ahmad said to him: "Shafi'i is like the sun to the people and good health to the body." And when Shafi'i heard that the people of Morocco performed
Tawassul through Malik, he did not reject it. Imam Abul Hassan Al-Shadhili said: "He who has a need from Allah (swt) that he wants to be fulfilled, should perform Tawassul through

Imam Al-Ghazali." Al-Allamah ibn Hajr mentioned in his book, "Al-Musamma" that Shafi'i performed Tawassul through the members of the Household of the Prophet (saw) when he said: "The Family of the Prophet (a.s) are my plea, and they are my means of closeness to Him, I hope tomorrow through them I will be given, in my right hand my Book (of deeds)."
Source: Khulasatul Kalam Fi Bayan Umara
Al-Balad Al-Haram. Pg. # 38.

Ibn Taymiyyah on (Ahmad ibn Hanbal (Died 241 A.H)):
Question about Tawassul through the Prophet (saw). Is that allowed or not?

As for the saying: "O Allah (swt)! I seek out to You through him (saw)," then among the scholars there are two opinions, such as they have two opinions on swearing through him (saw). The majority of the Imams such as Malik and Shafi'i and Abi Hanifa are of the opinion that it is not justified to swear through him (saw) just like it is not allowed to swear through any of the Prophets (pbut) and the angels. So it may not be performed by agreement of the scholars. And this is one of the two narrations of Ahmad. And the other narration says that it (swearing) may be performed through him (saw) exclusively, without anyone other than him. And therefore Ahmad said in his Musnad that it is allowed to perform Tawassul through the Prophet (saw) in his supplication. But Ahmad does not say: "This is swearing upon Allah (swt) through him," and one may not swear upon Allah (swt) through creations. And Ahmad in one of the two narrations allowed the swearing through him, and therefore he allowed Tawassul through him. But the other narration from him is like the opinion of the majority of the scholars, that one may not swear through him. So one may not swear upon Allah (swt) through him (saw) just like the rest of the angels and the Prophets (pbut). Because we do not know anyone from the Salaf and the Imams who said that it is allowed to swear upon Allah (swt), just like they did not say that it is allowed to swear through them at all.
Source: Fatawa Al-Kubra by ibn Taymiyyah. Vol. 2, Pg. # 422.
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by Empiree: 9:50pm On Nov 20, 2014
[quote author=AlBaqir post=28177558]

Visiting Qabr of parents, brethren simply require sending salam to them and praying for Allah's rahma on them; and in turn they (the dead) will return your salam and pray back for you

Actually, i was referring to this all the time in my earlier post. As for Prophet's, yes, that's exceptional.

Reject crying? Do you allow smiling? grin
I think I have talk about the philosophy of grave visit a little above. Nothing wrong with crying at the grave. It simply has to be meaningful.

I guess that's matter of intention as you rightly said

Brother! Something More @bold. What would you have done if you visit the holy prophet or other prophets? Just clean?

Actually, i was referring to this (relatives, ordinary folks etc)all the time in my earlier post. As for Prophet's, yes, that's exceptional.

What about your parents, loved ones etc? Just clean?
Sometimes you convince me brother and sometimes I can smell this "salafic" ideology. grin grin

Actually, i was referring to this (relatives, ordinary folks etc)all the time in my earlier post. As for Prophet's, yes, that's exceptional. I will give them Salam upon arrival, clean (if necessary) and make dua. But this can simply be done in my privacy and i believe that's more sincere than public display. Just saying. @salafi, yes, I love being controversial. It makes me think... grin

May Allah bless you for that concise summary @underlined.

Wa Salam alaykum

Amin

1 Like

Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by MrOlai: 8:57am On Nov 21, 2014
@Innocent Minds. For the innocent minds following d write-up of d OP Albaqir, he is a chronic shi'a! What he has said so far does not represent Islam but rather represents shi'ism! It is nothing but kufr(disbelieve)! He comes here to mislead & recruit naive minds for shi'ism!
All he has said so far is nothing but grave-worshipping which is a
serious crime in d sight of Allah(SWT). Allah(SWT) says in d holy Qur'an: "Call upon me & I'll answer u." He(SWT) says in another verse dat He is closer to us than our juglar veins & dat He(SWT) is ever ready to answer d call of d caller. So, why visiting d grave b4 u can reach Allah(SWT) who is All-Hearing & All-Knowing, who represents d paradox of being both inclusive & exclusive of d universe! Albaqir is a chronic shi'a. Don't listen to him 4 verdicts on Islam.

1 Like

Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 10:13am On Nov 21, 2014
MrOlai:
@Innocent Minds. For the innocent minds following d write-up of d OP Albaqir, he is a chronic shi'a! What he has said so far does not represent Islam but rather represents shi'ism! It is nothing but kufr(disbelieve)! He comes here to mislead & recruit naive minds for shi'ism! I weep for d parents that gave birth to him - 4 wot he's going to cause them b4 Allah(SWT)!
All he has said so far is nothing but grave-worshipping which is a serious crime in d sight of Allah(SWT). Allah(SWT) says in d holy Qur'an: "Call upon me & I'll answer u." He(SWT) says in another verse dat He is closer to us than our juglar veins & dat He(SWT) is ever ready to answer d call of d caller. So, why visiting d grave b4 u can reach Allah(SWT) who is All-Hearing & All-Knowing, who represents d paradox of being both inclusive & exclusive of d universe! Albaqir is a chronic shi'a. Don't listen to him 4 verdicts on Islam.

"And surely, We have created many of the jinns and mankind for Hell. They have hearts wherewith they understand not, they have eyes wherewith they see not, and they have ears wherewith they hear not (the truth). They are like cattle, nay even more astray; those! They are the heedless ones"
~Holy Quran 7:179

“And their hearts are sealed, so that they apprehend not.”
~Holy Quran 9:87
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by lanrexlan(m): 10:17am On Nov 21, 2014
MrOlai: @Innocent Minds. For the innocent minds following d write-up of d OP Albaqir, he is a chronic shi'a!
And being a Shia, he should be crucified??
MrOlai: What he has said so far does not represent Islam but rather represents shi'ism! It is nothing but kufr (disbelieve)! He comes here to mislead & recruit naive minds for shi'ism!
Mister, the best you can do is to dismantle his claims with authentic proofs.Mislead? There aren't kids here, you are free to decide what you want to choose from and what not to choose from.

No point misleading anyone here, if you love Tawassul using the Prophet(pbuh) Alhamudulilah and if you don't subscribe to it that's your own cup of Garri.

MrOlai: I weep for d parents that gave birth to him - 4 wot he's going to cause them b4 Allah(SWT)!
Weep for yourself not his parents, AlBaqir is not a kid for goodness sake.

2 Likes

Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by MrOlai: 2:32pm On Nov 21, 2014
@lanrexlan. It's unfortunate u fail to decipher Albaqir's tactics. Of course, he is free to practice his shi'sm. "Let there be no compulsion in religion" Dat is what Allah(SWT) says in d holy Qur'an. However, it would be very wrong of him to come here to present shi'a doctrine & pretend as if he speaks for d generality of muslims. A nairalander muslim once asked him here whether he is a shi'a or not, after he(Albaqir) presented a topic on d companions of d Prophet(SAW) here. He kept silent. What does dat mean? This is somebody who referred to d companions of d Prophet(SAW) i.e Abubakr, Umar & Uthman(Radiyallah 'anium ajma'in) as munafiqun, here on Nairaland. Mister lanrexlan, don't be cajouled by Albaqir. Don't be a partner to him in destroying other souls. Rem. other people follow us on Nairaland both moslims & non-muslims alike.

1 Like

Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by lanrexlan(m): 6:12pm On Nov 21, 2014
MrOlai:
@lanrexlan. It's unfortunate u fail to decipher Albaqir's tactics. Of course, he is free to practice his shi'sm. "Let there be no compulsion in religion" Dat is what Allah(SWT) says in d holy Qur'an. However, it would be very wrong of him to come here to present shi'a doctrine & pretend as if he speaks for d generality of muslims.
So Waseela and Tawwasul is now Shia doctrine? I know you will be shocked if I present to you the opinions of past scholars like Hafidh Ibn Kathir, Imam An-Nawawi,Imam Al-Qurtubi et al on tawassul and Waseela.
An example is below.
Jama'at (Many scholars) have stated this tradition. One of them is Abu Mansur al-Sabbagh who writes in his book Al-Shamil Al-Hikayat-ul-mashhurah that, according to ‘Utbi, once he was sitting beside the Prophet’s grave when a bedouin came and he said, “Peace be on you,O Allah’s Messenger. I have heard that Allah says: ‘(O beloved!) And if they had come to you, when they had wronged their souls, and asked forgiveness of Allah, and the Messenger also had asked forgiveness for them, they (on the basis of this means and intercession) would have surely found Allah the Granter of repentance, extremely Merciful.’
I have come to you, asking forgiveness for my sins and I make you as my intermediary before my Lord and I have come to you for this purpose.” Then he recited these verses: “O, the most exalted among the buried people who improved the worth of the plains and the hillocks! May I sacrifice my life for this grave which is made radiant by you, (the Prophet,) the one who is (an embodiment) of mercy and forgiveness.” Then the bedouin went away and I fell asleep. In my dream I saw the Holy Prophet(Peace Be Upon Him). He said to me: O ‘Utbi, the bedouin is right, go and give him the good news that Allah has forgiven his sins. [Ibn Kathir, Tafsir-ul-Qur'an al-azim Volume 004, Page No. 140, Under the Verse 4:64]

O ya, tell us Hafidh Ibn Kathir is a Shia.

MrOlai: A nairalander muslim once asked him here whether he is a shi'a or not, after he(Albaqir) presented a topic on d companions of d Prophet(SAW) here. He kept silent. What does dat mean?
One thing is that AlBaqir doesn't hide that he is a Shia.He once said
AlBaqir :
I am a shia (follower) of ahli Muhammad(household of Muhammad).
www.nairaland.com/1462478/ten-promised-paradise-bound-companions
satisfied?

MrOlai: Mister lanrexlan, don't be cajouled by Albaqir. Don't be a partner to him in destroying other souls. Rem. other people follow us on Nairaland both moslims & non-muslims alike.
Lol,cajouled? I have been engaging AlBaqir for over a year on this forum.So, I don't think at this stage he can cajoule me.

We don't agree on everything, he presents his views and you should present yours.We do have misunderstanding sometimes, that's human nature.
Which soul are you destroying for goodness sake? Present a contradictory view or quit whining.
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by Sissie(f): 6:38pm On Nov 21, 2014
MrOlai please edit the weeping for his parents part or I will edit it.
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 7:05pm On Nov 21, 2014
MrOlai:
@lanrexlan. It's unfortunate u fail to decipher Albaqir's tactics. Of course, he is free to practice his shi'sm. "Let there be no compulsion in religion" Dat is what Allah(SWT) says in d holy Qur'an. However, it would be very wrong of him to come here to present shi'a doctrine & pretend as if he speaks for d generality of muslims.

Ma sha Allah. Since MrOlai have decipher the tactics, kindly release those in the shackles by exposing and dismantling the 'flaws' in Albaqir's thread after all Qur'an says "...and argue with them in the best way..."

All these your ranting can leads to depression.
MrOlai:

A nairalander muslim once asked him here whether he is a shi'a or not, after he(Albaqir) presented a topic on d companions of d Prophet(SAW) here. He kept silent. What does dat mean?

...and Allah bears witness that the hypocrites are liars indeed. ~sura al-Munafiqun:1

MrOlai:

This is somebody who referred to d companions of d Prophet(SAW) i.e Abubakr, Umar & Uthman(Radiyallah 'anium ajma'in) as munafiqun, here on Nairaland.

A 'Rafidhi' in the definition of Imam Ibn Hajar al-Asqalani, Imam Dhahabi et al, is he who believe in the superiority of Imam 'Ali (as) over Abu Bakar, Umar and Uthman. And Ma sha Allah Albaqir is a 'Rafidhi' in that definition. Yet I don't think I've used the word "munafiq" for them on any of my thread. The closest was on a thread on Umar which was hided; and even that, I only expose his flaws and not directly calling 'munafiq'. What my heart holds for them (Abu Bakar, Umar and Uthman) is best known to my Lord.

MrOlai:

Mister lanrexlan, don't be cajouled by Albaqir. Don't be a partner to him in destroying other souls. Rem. other people follow us on Nairaland both moslims & non-muslims alike.

Agba o kan ogbon (age has nothing to do with wisdom), Yoruba says. Just like Allah used to bestow wisdom to many of His chosen servants even while in their very young age, lanrexlan have always display wisdom, intellectualism and sound thought.
So MrOlai, only fanatic, ignorant, uncivilized think the way you ALWAYS do. No doubt you've never been disappointed in exposing yourself so keep it up.

Ignorance is a disease, only knowledge is its cure. May Allah bestow knowledge on you.
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 7:39pm On Nov 21, 2014
Sissie:
I didn't read all that was posted, too long.

I believe most of the post can be summarized.

However either haram or halal.
I do not practice tawassul or all the other listed.

"I do not" is quite different from "I cannot". Why?@underlined. Not convinced enough by the "Evidences" posted at the OP where Muhammad himself taught it?

Sissie:

I believe Allah (SWT) is all hearing and merciful.

Mercy of Allah encompass all thing. Infact, Quran says "Allah has made 'mercy' obligatory upon Himself". Believers and unbelievers, righteous and evil doers ALL benefits from the mercy of the Lord.

Why are "Tawassul, shafa'a" preached in the Qur'an? And displayed by prophets themselves using themselves as seen in the Quran and various ahadith? Do they not understand their prayers can be answered by 'mercy' of God?

@sissie, is it difficult for Allah to communicate with man and jinn Himself without 'Medium' (waseela) in form of prophets/Messengers? No you will say! Then what are the essence of sending prophets as *mean* to know and reach Him?

Angels perform various works, can Allah not do it Himself? Why the use of waseela (medium) in form of angels?

Please review this plea of Imam 'Ali to his Lord:
"My God, my heart is veiled, my soul deficient, my intelligence defeated, my caprice triumphant, my obedience little, my disobedience much and my tongue acknowledges sins.

So what am I to do?
Oh He who covers defects!
Oh He who knows the unseen things!
Forgive my sins, all of them, BY THE SACREDNESS OF MUHAMMAD AND THE
HOUSEHOLD OF MUHAMMAD

Oh All-forgiver! Oh All-forgiver!
Oh All-forgiver! By Thy mercy,
Oh Most Merciful of the merciful!"

~Du'a Sabah of Imam Ali (a.s)

Tawassul is humility before your Lord.

Sissie:

But your submission as to praying by the grave isnt good enough. While I think going to the grave to clean it and pray for him is alright, praying for intercession is another ball game.

Which grave? Am not talking of every tom, dick and harry graves. I am talking of the graves of prophets of God and the saliheens. Evident are provided at the OP, dear Sissie. Sometimes, intellect accept something but heart might not.

Living = 'death' to the prophets and Saliheen. So if you are present at their grave, you are in their presence.
Sissie:

Yes they hear and are not "deaf" it's same analogy the others who worship "saint" graves use.
Have you notice similarities between muslim's form of worship and Buddhist form? What about similarities of putting on 'ihram', the tawaf of kaaba, the touching and kissing of Hajaral aswad with the idol worshipers/pagan?

What is the difference in terms of 'form'?

Sissie:

You said vest form, what are the other forms?

I find it similar to traditional worship sort of thing.

You mean "best". Other forms are using one's act of ibaadat like salat, sawm, hajj etc; then using ones "good deeds", using 'asmaul husna (beautiful names of Gog) is another form etc.

Sissie:

What's your view about "saint grave worship.

Ma sha Allah! You yourself said "worship" not tawassul. Please in your own understanding and/or in Islamic definition, what is al-Ibaadat (worship)?
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 7:42pm On Nov 21, 2014
Sissie:
MrOlai please edit the weeping for his parents part or I will edit it.

grin Have heard worse than that from him. So its cool. He's simply exposing how uncivilized he is.
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by Sissie(f): 8:13pm On Nov 21, 2014
I meant tawassul through saints done by their graves @albaqir
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by AlBaqir(m): 8:45pm On Nov 21, 2014
Sissie:
I meant tawassul through saints...

Using (means) Other Than The Prophet
2. It is related from Anas, "If there was a drought, 'Umar ibn al-Khattab would ask al-'Abbas ibn 'Abdu'l-Muttalib to do the rain prayer. He would say, 'O Allah we would seek intercession with You by Your Prophet and we would ask you for rain, now we seek intercession with You by the uncle of our Prophet, so give us rain!'" He added, "And they were given rain."

~ Sahih Bukhari Book:Al istasqa Chapter: Suaal An Nas Al Imam Alistasqa iza Qahatu Page : 245 Hadith number :1010

* Sahih Bukhari Book:Fadail e Ashaab An NABI SAW Chapter: Zikr Al Abbas Bin Abdul Muttalib (R.A)Page :914 Hadith number : 3710

* Imam Ibn e Hibban, Sahi ibn e Hibban, Book : As Salah Chapter : Salat Al Istasqa Volume :7 Page :110-111 Hadith number: 2861

Ibn Hajr al Asqalani explains in the same passage that:

Sissie:
...done by their graves @albaqir

Ibn Al-Zaini Dahlaan Al-Makki Al-Shafi'i (Died 1304 A.H):
And in it is the calling (to someone) with it's saying, "and you are our hope" and the Sahabah used to hear such poems and no one rejected it's saying, "O Messenger of Allah (saw)! You are our hope." Al-Allamah ibn Hajr in his book, "Al-Musamma," in
chapter 25, said that Imam Shafi'i during the days that he was in Baghdad, used to perform Tawassul through Imam Aboo Hanifa. He used to come to his shrine, visit it and greet him, and then perform Tawassul through him to Allah (swt) in able to fulfill his need. And it has been proven that Imam Ahmad performed Tawassul through Shafi'i, until his son Abdallah bin Ahmad used to be amazed by that. So Ahmad said to him: "Shafi'i is like the sun to the people and good health to the body." And when Shafi'i heard that the people of Morocco performed Tawassul through Malik, he did not reject it.

Imam Abul Hassan Al-Shadhili said: "He who
has a need from Allah (swt) that he wants to
be fulfilled, should perform Tawassul through...

Imam Al-Ghazali." Al-Allamah ibn Hajr mentioned in his book, "Al-Musamma" that Shafi'i performed Tawassul through the members of the Household of the Prophet (saw) when he said: "The Family of the Prophet (a.s) are my plea, and they are my means of closeness to Him, I hope tomorrow through them I will be given, in my right hand my Book (of deeds)."
Source: Khulasatul Kalam Fi Bayan Umara
Al-Balad Al-Haram. Pg. # 38.

Please kindly give me the definition of "al-Ibaadat (worship)" in order to clarify this "grave-worship" of a thing!

Salam sister.
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by MrOlai: 9:04pm On Nov 21, 2014
@Sissie. Thanks.
Re: Best Form Of Tawassul (intercession) - Using The Holy Prophet by Empiree: 10:40pm On Nov 21, 2014
@ MrOlai, you really need to quit sectarian gibberish. There is no ijma on Shia being kufar. Pls present evidence if you have one. Becareful what comes out of your mouth. Allah's command comes first before anything. Surah Imran ayah 103 is binding upon anyone who calls himself muslim. Anyone who have different view is fasiq unless there is ijma.

On tawassul, I think AlBaqir should reason with Sissie's point right there. I must confess that Sissie's view is as mine as well. At the same time, I can not reject Waseela because Quran itself approves of it. So long as we have other option like calling Him directly since He is All Knowing, All Hearing, All Seeing and All Wise, we are still good. It's just a matter of level of Iman. AlBaqir should at least agree with this. My point however is always about those screaming on internet about waseela being shirk while evidences supporting it are crystal clear. Albaqir presented outstanding evidences.

Someone said this on YouTube commenting tawasul/waseela ....

I don't know a single Muslim who says RasulAllah `alayhissalam is a part of Allah, nor do I know any Muslim who makes RasulAllah `alayhissalam equal to Allah. Never happened, never will.
Going thru RasulAllah to get to Allah simply means you must love the former to love the Latter. You can't claim to love Allah without loving RasulAllah `alayhissalam.
Christianity is a completely different ballgame.

Those who reject waseela have gone to the point of condemning "Ola Anobi Muhammad" (glory of prophet Muhammad) as shirk. They gone too far.

That aside, I do know that there is hadith where prophet(s a w) was reported to have said "Do not aggrandize me as christians aggrandize the son of Mary until they took him as object of worship".

I think some preachers also interpreting waseela as worship. They are distinct. It's however safer to stick to what ones fully comprehends like Sissie.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Olu Of Warri's Travails And The Lessons Learnt / Etiquettes Of Visiting The Graves / Parents Attack Daughter With Acid For Talking To Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 289
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.