Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations - Politics (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations (53566 Views)

PDP Wins Ife Central (osun State) House Of Assembly By-election / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment / Niger East Senatorial By-election Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Biafrarep(m): 6:07am On Feb 26, 2013
oturugo:
I remember that election. Musiwa was leading followed by Odua Negro and you were in fifth position. I think your supporters disrupted the poll. May be Point Buchi has to go and organise a credible election for the Yorubas. I will vote for you. You are good in football analysis and it will help the football talent reduction in Yorubaland.
Brutality grin
oturugo:
I remember that election. Musiwa was leading followed by Odua Negro and you were in fifth position. I think your supporters disrupted the poll. May be Point Buchi has to go and organise a credible election for the Yorubas. I will vote for you. You are good in football analysis and it will help the football talent reduction in Yorubaland.
Brutality
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Nobody: 8:06am On Feb 26, 2013
[size=13pt]Ndi bayi, ututu oma.

So Tuesday is here. Debates, manifestos, and Q&A will take place here. So far, I have seen two posts containing questions:[/size]

Dudu_Negro: Here are top 3 qouestions I would like to get response on from the contestants.

1. What is your perspective on where the Igbo nation currently stands in respect to other ethnic groups in Nigeria?
2. To demonstrate an Igbo cultural renewal, would you support an osu becoming an Eze?
3. Would you promote and support an Igbo political re-emergence first and as a priority above the politics and propaganda of division in Biafra?

bandb: My questions to the contestants are/is

1. What is your take on forming a council of Igbo unity by appointing your opponents into your cabinet .

2. How will you handle the dual identity of some igbo people in places like ikwerre, obigbo,asaba etc?

3. Okorocha and Obi are two sides of the same coin as regards the formation of APC, APGA and 2015. The coin could be the advancement of Igbo interest or selfish/personal interest. Which of these two correctly represents the coin

[size=13pt]The floor is officially open![/size]
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by ektbear: 8:10am On Feb 26, 2013
Dude...what happened to odumchi?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Ngwakwe: 8:27am On Feb 26, 2013
He is great and bouncing.

Just decided to be a Godfather

ekt_bear: Dude...what happened to odumchi?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by bandb: 8:42am On Feb 26, 2013
ekt_bear: Dude...what happened to odumchi?
He has benedicted for the greater good
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Afam4eva(m): 9:01am On Feb 26, 2013
bandb: Muy questions to the contestants are/is

1. What is your take on forming a council of Igbo unity by appointing your opponents into your cabinet .

2. How will you handle the dual identity of some igbo people in places like ikwerre, obigbo,asaba etc?

3. Okorocha and Obi are two sides of the same coin as regards the formation of APC, APGA and 2015. The coin could be the advancement of Igbo interest or selfish/personal interest. Which of these two correctly represents the coin
These are very good questions. I want to know the answers that the contestants will answer to this.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Alfamann: 9:19am On Feb 26, 2013
My questions are:

1 - How old are you?

2 - Which part of igboland are you from? Describe your area very well to show you are a real nwafor Igbo.

3 - Do you agree that "One Nigeria" is better than an independent Igboland and that Igbos are murderers and kidnappers who should emulate Boko Haram and answer questions in the International Court of Justice about committing treason for trying to secede from Nigeria? Would you accept that someone who holds such views work in your cabinet or as your second in command?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Feedmemore(f): 9:29am On Feb 26, 2013
Alfamann= Ndu_chucks end of.

Anyone that fail to see through his cynicism need to get his head examined.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Nobody: 9:32am On Feb 26, 2013
My question is simple:

What is your conviction that an Ezeship on Nairaland is relevant to Igbo people in the real world?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Alfamann: 9:33am On Feb 26, 2013
Feed me more: Alfamann= Ndu_chucks end of.

Anyone that fail to see through his cynicism need to get his head examined.

And you are the abandoned son of Eko-Ile
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by nduchucks: 9:33am On Feb 26, 2013
Questions

(1)Ufodu anyi bi ofesi (some of us live abroad) or were born there. Additionally, we may have one parent who is not Igbo and may not even be a Nigerian. Would you consider people in that category as Igbo? Do these people deserve the same opportunities such as participating in this election, without discrimination or ostracization because their points of view, while refreshing may not be in the mainstream?

(2)Do you believe that Igbos should spend all their energies in the actualization of biafra?

(3)What's your idea on how Igbo should retake our land from thieving governors?

(4)Is MASSOB more (or less) useful to Igbo cause.

(5)Would you allow your daughter to marry an Alhaji from Wusasa, Zaria, if he is wealthy enough?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Nobody: 9:33am On Feb 26, 2013
@ Feed me more: I'll feed you more info about the election as new devts spring up.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by nduchucks: 9:35am On Feb 26, 2013
Alfamann:

And you are the abandoned son of Eko-Ile

Indeed. Some people are too paranoid for their own good.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by cheddarking(m): 9:44am On Feb 26, 2013
ndu_chucks: Questions

(1)Ufodu anyi bi ofesi (some of us live abroad) or were born there. Additionally, we may have one parent who is not Igbo and may not even be a Nigerian. Would you consider people in that category as Igbo? Do these people deserve the same opportunities such as participating in this election, without discrimination or ostracization because their points of view, while refreshing may not be in the mainstream?

(2)Do you believe that Igbos should spend all their energies in the actualization of biafra?

(3)What's your idea on how Igbo should retake our land from thieving governors?

(4)Is MASSOB more (or less) useful to Igbo cause.

(5)Would you allow your daughter to marry an Alhaji from Wusasa, Zaria, if he is wealthy enough?

I find the above questions very pertinent as they are almost a verbatim description of my current situation.

I am half-Igbo with a Yoruba dad... I can't speak Igbo and I've lived in England since I was 13...

My Igbo family to the best of my knowledge have no interest in Biafra with most aunts and uncles based in Lagos and the US...

I myself find Biafra to be a pipe dream and nothing more than a political tool used for diversionary tactics...

I am very keen to hear what the potential Ezes have to say about this...
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Alfamann: 10:11am On Feb 26, 2013
cheddarking:

I find the above questions very pertinent as they are almost a verbatim description of my current situation.

I am half-Igbo with a Yoruba dad... I can't speak Igbo and I've lived in England since I was 13...

My Igbo family to the best of my knowledge have no interest in Biafra with most aunts and uncles based in Lagos and the US...

I myself find Biafra to be a pipe dream and nothing more than a political tool used for diversionary tactics...

If your papa is yoruba, then you are a yoruba. My wife is not igbo but my children all answer Igbo names. Inheritance in African culture is through the father, be it material, cultural, etc.
To us, you are a "nwadiana" which figuratively means child of our daughter. We hold you in highest regard but you are a yoruba.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by 9jaIhail(m): 10:20am On Feb 26, 2013
Good day everyone.

PointB,Manny and ogugua i salute you all.

I am glad to be here, despite the fact my schedule today was extremely tight but the fact that i put igbo interest before my personal interest that is why i am here to ensure that we are able to accomplish what we started in good.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by 9jaIhail(m): 10:28am On Feb 26, 2013
ogugua88: [size=13pt]Ndi bayi, ututu oma.

So Tuesday is here. Debates, manifestos, and Q&A will take place here. So far, I have seen two posts containing questions:[/size]

[size=13pt]The floor is officially open![/size]

@ogugua and my co electoral colleagues, do non igbos allowed to be part of this debate? just asking because i am not sure they do.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by manny4life(m): 11:01am On Feb 26, 2013
Umu nne'm, ekene mu unu

I'm glad the hour and time is here, reporting for duty here.

If I my ask, though I know the floor has officially opened, I will implore the people to exercise self constraint because I know some people will probably loose their cool, while some will wanna use this time to debate unnecessary issues. Either way, exercising constraint of yourself is key today.

9ja_I_hail:

@ogugua and my co electoral colleagues, do non igbos allowed to be part of this debate? just asking because i am not sure they do.

My brother, good morning to you...

I don't know but if I were to suggest - they can ask, but let contestants decide.

A. The election is for Igbos ONLY, it is the Igbos who will cast their votes and not the non-igbos

B. We welcome the spirits of the non -igbo but given how lengthy questions can be, and how most want precise details plus uncertain time availability of our constestants, we should give preference of reason. Igos will have the higher priority in questioning to the non-igbos, thus contestants MUST answer Igbo people questions thrown at them.

C. Though a non-Igbo may have series of questions, however, a contestant reserves the right to answer their questions or not depending on what is being asked.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by achi4u(m): 11:10am On Feb 26, 2013
Manny4life congrat for your new post but I still mourn your exit on this Ezeship race.I still urge you to serve us with all integrity.

@alex101 I enjoy reading your speech and still hope that you will in no distant time complete that speech so it will cover alot areas.Let me leak this secret to you that your presence here will do alot good to your aspirations,what people simply need is a pragmatic and accesible fellow who will alway be a captain to this ship in all year round.I know you have something doing(job) just like everyone of us but how you manage your time count.We can't afford to have three elections in one season.

Wishing you the best of luck.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Alfamann: 11:12am On Feb 26, 2013
achi4u: We can't afford to have three elections in one season.

That is where we are headed to.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by manny4life(m): 11:13am On Feb 26, 2013
Alfamann: My questions are:

1 - How old are you?

2 - Which part of igboland are you from? Describe your area very well to show you are a real nwafor Igbo.

3 - Do you agree that "One Nigeria" is better than an independent Igboland and that Igbos are murderers and kidnappers who should emulate Boko Haram and answer questions in the International Court of Justice about committing treason for trying to secede from Nigeria? Would you accept that someone who holds such views work in your cabinet or as your second in command?

My broda,

How you dey this morning...

In every debate, you and I know certain questions that infringe on personal divulge is highly unacceptable, at least that's a norm everywhere. Your question 1 is quite intrusive, if I were you, I'd rephrase it again grin grin

Your number 3, having read through it has four questions to it. Just so your questions are answered properly, please use appropriate punctuations to separate each question to avoid some parts of the question being unanswered. If possible, we will like and be pleased if our contestants can provide answers to all your questions though I know it's very impossible.

Thank you.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Duru1(m): 11:16am On Feb 26, 2013
odumchi:

I already addressed this issue earlier. The resignation of an Eze does in no way affect an Eze Nwaanyi, and vise versa. The position of Eze is entirely separate from that of an Eze Nwaanyi since both require separate elections. Even though the constitution doesn't speak on this issue, I said that this current re-election process will serve as an example of how all future cases are to be handled.

*Furthermore, the newly elected Eze is to complete the remainder of my tenure, meaning elections will take place as planned.

*These are things to be added into the constitution upon the closing if this entire procedure.

This is arrant nonsense. The tenure of Eze Ndigbo Nke Abua of Nairalanad terminated the moment the aforementioned Eze abdicated his throne. We are not bunch of nimrods that will listen to Eze whose staff of office was surrounded the moment he announced his resignation.

Again, Eze Ndigbo Nke Abua of Nairaland has left town already.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Duru1(m): 11:18am On Feb 26, 2013
odumchi:

My decision on this is that the incoming Eze will finish the rest of my tenure. When the time comes, elections will take place as usual.

I suggest you keep your invalid decision in your traveling bag because it lacks the authority of the office and you are already on a journey.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Alfamann: 11:19am On Feb 26, 2013
manny4life:

My broda,

How you dey this morning...

In every debate, you and I know certain questions that infringe on personal divulge is highly unacceptable, at least that's a norm everywhere. Your question 1 is quite intrusive, if I were you, I'd rephrase it again grin grin

Your number 3, having read through it has four questions to it. Just so your questions are answered properly, please use appropriate punctuations to separate each question to avoid some parts of the question being unanswered. If possible, we will like and be pleased if our contestants can provide answers to all your questions though I know it's very impossible.

Thank you.

The form of the questions are deliberate. It is the manner in which they chose to NOT answer that will be interesting.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by manny4life(m): 11:20am On Feb 26, 2013
achi4u: Manny4life congrat for your new post but I still mourn your exit on this Ezeship race.I still urge you to serve us with all integrity.

@alex101 I enjoy reading your speech and still hope that you will in no distant time complete that speech so it will cover alot areas.Let me leak this secret to you that your presence here will do alot good to your aspirations,what people simply need is a pragmatic and accesible fellow who will alway be a captain to this ship in all year round.I know you have something doing(job) just like everyone of us but how you manage your time count.We can't afford to have three elections in one season.

Wishing you the best of luck.

Thank you my brother, to all those who voted for me even when I least expected, THANK YOU. The Eze position is one where patience and wisdom is vital for success, while I did not succeed, but the overwhelming support and most importantly, the speeches yall wrote before casting votes, I was filled with joy.. Then again, we have long moved on and this isn't about me. Thank you

Let us join our hands together a select an Eze that will reflect the banner of peace and strength amongst his people, a leader is only as good as his followers. We all view in good light that some of our nerves will be calmed through this process...

Thank you
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Alfamann: 11:21am On Feb 26, 2013
Duru1:

I suggest you keep your invalid decision in your traveling bag because it lacks the authority of the office and you are already on a journey.

This is what happens when there is no constitutional guidance. Anybody will just try to impose their views on the rest.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by oboy3(m): 11:21am On Feb 26, 2013
Why was Okija_juju disqualified and Biafra rep left?,i imploy the Chairman to go through the 'what is Imo state known for?' thread and see for your self,the amount of hatred embeded in his small and Large Intestine is too much
And we must not allow such a person Ascend the throne
tufiakwaaaa
Agba'm naka

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by saintohia: 11:23am On Feb 26, 2013
cheddarking:

^^^^^^

We value you, though you are not Igbo.

If both of your parents are Igbo, you are Igbo

If your father is Igbo, you are Igbo.

If your mother is Igbo but married to a non- Igbo, you are not Igbo.

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by manny4life(m): 11:25am On Feb 26, 2013
Alfamann:

The form of the questions are deliberate. It is the manner in which they chose to NOT answer that will be interesting.

I know they are deliberate that is why I had to address the questions because like you said "how they choose to answer will be interesting", as an official, I cannot say how I viewed it except being queried but can only speak out on it. Well, I'm glad you said it yourself... Anyway, let's forge ahead, I hope one contestant will grace us with his presence.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by achi4u(m): 11:26am On Feb 26, 2013
Most of the questions from ndu_chuks is too cunny and slipprey and shuold be "hand picked" by the contestants.
Answer the ones you will not fall your hands and us.lol and move.

Nigeria question.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by manny4life(m): 11:28am On Feb 26, 2013
Alfamann:

This is what happens when there is no constitutional guidance. Anybody will just try to impose their views on the rest.

Don't worry, when the next reform come around, I hope Eze and his cabinet will use necessary tolls and resources to reach out to his people on constitutional amendments. Like I've always stated, no system is without flaws even in the face of precedence... We can only but make our mistakes, and learn from it with making another. Your concern is very well noted.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by 9jaIhail(m): 11:28am On Feb 26, 2013
manny4life: Umu nne'm, ekene mu unu

I'm glad the hour and time is here, reporting for duty here.

If I my ask, though I know the floor has officially opened, I will implore the people to exercise self constraint because I know some people will probably loose their cool, while some will wanna use this time to debate unnecessary issues. Either way, exercising constraint of yourself is key today.

My brother, good morning to you...

I don't know but if I were to suggest - they can ask, but let contestants decide.

A. The election is for Igbos ONLY, it is the Igbos who will cast their votes and not the non-igbos

B. We welcome the spirits of the non -igbo but given how lengthy questions can be, and how most want precise details plus uncertain time availability of our constestants, we should give preference of reason. Igos will have the higher priority in questioning to the non-igbos, thus contestants MUST answer Igbo people questions thrown at them.

C. Though a non-Igbo may have series of questions, however, a contestant reserves the right to answer their questions or not depending on what is being asked.

Welcome to duty manny'

My brother your comment above sound good as i may agree with you that there is a need for we to extend hands of friendship to our brothers across the other side. Having said that, i will like you to understand that allowing these people to throw questions to contestants will bring in a lots of distractions. The likes of Ndu_chucks and Negro may come up with constructive questions,but the likes of dayokanu and co cannot maintain the sanity required in this process.
My concern is to avoid turning this debate into Nigeria/Biafra case, we are strictly here for eze Ndigbo debate.My advice is non igbos should not be part of this debate to avoid unnecessary multitasking to the aspirants.

I also need to add that we should work according to what our constitution says. Our constitution did not permit non igbos to be part of our eze/eze nwanyi election. Now isn't it downgrading of the constitution should we allow them to be part of this process.

I believe the above comment is in order and will not be misinterpreted.

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (59) (Reply)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala' Twitter Appointment: Reno Omokri Replies El-Rufai's Tweet / ‘this Is Not Kwara’ – Tinubu Kicks Against ‘O To Ge’ In Lagos / Guns Of President Buhari's Guards Of Honor Checked Anytime He Arrives (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.