Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,148 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations - Politics (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations (53756 Views)

PDP Wins Ife Central (osun State) House Of Assembly By-election / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment / Niger East Senatorial By-election Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by 9jaIhail(m): 3:08pm On Feb 26, 2013
PointB: Umunna ana m ekene,

So far so good I must say in respect to how our brother Manny has slotted in seamlessly into his August role. I must say thank you to him for a job well done so far. I must also thank the indefatigable [b]9ja_I_hail [/b]for his consistency and sacrifice; and of course Eze Nwanyi Ogugua who set the ball rolling.

I also like to appeal to still dissenting voices to allow the process to run it full course peacefully, while urging electoral committee members to direct more energy and attention to task at hand, as they cannot please everyone, despite best effort and good intentions.

It is important to also acknowledge that despite the difficulty Eze Odumchi passed through, leading to his resignation, he still remain our Eze until a new one is elected. Even after that, his place in the history of Ezeship in Nairaland should be acknowledged with respect. It takes a large heart to do what one believe will help the course of larger group. Eze Odumchi deserve our respect, let's disagree with him respectively.

I seize this small window opportunity provided me by a short interlude in my schedule to urge the contestants to show more commitment by honoring the commission's request that they unfold their manifestos and answers questions asked them by the constituency they desire to lead. Those who have given an inkling into their plans should flesh it out with more details and then answer pertinent questions thrown at them. That is the reason we are here today.

I hope to rejoin you in the effort as soon as possible.

Thank you my honorable commissioner, i am willing,ready and humble to serve.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by nduchucks: 3:11pm On Feb 26, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

Ndu_chucks. though i showed respect to you and few others in my comments, stressing that you and few others might come out with constructive questions which might be useful but others may not, meanwhile if we are to ban some and leave some that is totally out of order, however i will like you to manage and accept our decision for now, maybe you can do same when organizing your arewa republic president or Emir. Note, i am here to promise you in advance that i will not question your constitution when the time come.

You appear to be a focused person, so don't change that by trying to join unrelated issues. The issue at hand is your abuse of power and your insult to the Eze contestants. Who are you to tell them who to respond to?

You still don't get it. Manage the election process as you have been doing but do not screw things up by attempting micro manage it.

Let the Eze contestants pick and choose which questions to answer, you have no business dictating to them who or who not to respond to. Stop insulting the contestants, they are grown folks who know how to defend themselves. Your actions in this case, I'm afraid is silly and dumb. Please take this as constructive criticism, I know your skin is touch enough to handle it, after all, the oily soup lovers call you aj'okuta mamunmi (person wey dey eat rocks without washing it down with water)
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by PointB: 3:19pm On Feb 26, 2013
@ndu_chucks,

The position of the commission is that non-Igbos are not allowed to participate except as observers. We expect reasonable folks like you to appreciate this. We understand your passion for Igbo affairs (and many believe you are up to no good), but let it rest. The contestant are not obliged to respond to your questions (no matter you much pertinent you think of them), but if they opt to respond to them, all well and good.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by saintohia: 3:23pm On Feb 26, 2013
Still waiting on contestants to start answering questions.

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by PointB: 3:23pm On Feb 26, 2013
Onlytruth has set forth his detailed philosophy and agenda for us to reflect on, we thank him for his effort and time. I believe other contestants should toe similar line. We thank them in advance.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by nduchucks: 3:25pm On Feb 26, 2013
PointB: @ndu_chucks,

The position of the commission is that non-Igbos are not allowed to participate except as observers. We expect reasonable folks like you to appreciate this. We understand your passion for Igbo affairs (and many believe you are up to no good), but so let it rest. The contestant are not obliged to respond to know question (no matter you much pertinent you think of them), but if the opt to respond to them, all well and good.

If you people want to be dictators, do so in your neck of the woods. If you do not like the observations of an "observer", that's your problem. Who are you to tell anyone to give anything a rest?

I still think your guys have insulted the intelligence of the contestants by attempting to dictate to them who and who not to respond to. You, of all people should appreciate being told the truth. You've said my vote will not count, but to imply thatI should not comment is going over the top.

Una say I be observer, I make observation, una come say make I give it a rest - see una lives? PointB, take ya time before I skin you o.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by manny4life(m): 3:25pm On Feb 26, 2013
PointB: @ndu_chucks,

The position of the commission is that non-Igbos are not allowed to participate except as observers. We expect reasonable folks like you to appreciate this. We understand your passion for Igbo affairs (and many believe you are up to no good), but so let it rest. The contestant are not obliged to respond to know question (no matter you much pertinent you think of them), but if the opt to respond to them, all well and good.

Thank you. Trying to get this point across to him is a headache.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by orufe: 3:29pm On Feb 26, 2013
A QUESTION FOR BIAFRA REP.
Your discussions has always been about the south east and your lofty ideas for the region. However, there are many of us from Rivers state who are proud Igbo and feels you can not carry us along.
So how do you tend to carry the Igbo in Rivers state along considering we are not in the south east?.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by PointB: 3:29pm On Feb 26, 2013
manny4life:

Thank you. Trying to get this point across to him is a headache.

The guy is like that. But I am very sure he got it now - that this is Igbo affair, he cannot set the agenda. He should deal with the card dished, and hope for the best.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by ifyalways(f): 3:45pm On Feb 26, 2013
Wait a mo cheesy
The very busy,self acclaimed noisy one suddenly,just 3 months into his busy life now has time? Enough time as to want to contest for same office?

Oturugbeke cheesy grin cheesy

Lesson 1: When slapped with defeat in a wrestling match,manufacture a face saving story.

Lesson 2:sow the wind,expect the whirlwind.

Oucccch,what a shame. cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by PointB: 3:49pm On Feb 26, 2013
orufe: A QUESTION FOR BIAFRA REP.
Your discussions has always been about the south east and your lofty ideas for the region. However, there are many of us from Rivers state who are proud Igbo and feels you can not carry us along.
So how do you tend to carry the Igbo in Rivers state along considering we are not in the south east?.

I would like to hear Biafra_Rep response to this question.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Ejine(m): 3:50pm On Feb 26, 2013
ifyalways: Wait a mo cheesy
The very busy,self acclaimed noisy one suddenly,just 3 months into his busy life now has time? Enough time as to want to contest for same office?

Lesson 1: When slapped with defeat in a wrestling match,manufacture a face saving story.

Who is the person. Forgive me, the thread is way too long and I can't start going back to read the whole thing. I'm just floating here.

Who be the person?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by 9jaIhail(m): 3:59pm On Feb 26, 2013
ndu_chucks:

You appear to be a focused person, so don't change that by trying to join unrelated issues. The issue at hand is your abuse of power and your insult to the Eze contestants. Who are you to tell them who to respond to?

You still don't get it. Manage the election process as you have been doing but do not screw things up by attempting micro manage it.

Let the Eze contestants pick and choose which questions to answer, you have no business dictating to them who or who not to respond to. Stop insulting the contestants, they are grown folks who know how to defend themselves. Your actions in this case, I'm afraid is silly and dumb. Please take this as constructive criticism, I know your skin is touch enough to handle it, after all, the oily soup lovers call you aj'okuta mamunmi (person wey dey eat rocks without washing it down with water)

Now are you expecting a reply to this junk? Pls qstop crying for what is not your birth right.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Feedmemore(f): 3:59pm On Feb 26, 2013
Ejiné:

Who is the person. Forgive me, the thread is way too long and I can't start going back to read the whole thing. I'm just floating here.

Who be the person?

I think she was referring to onlytruth.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Syncan(m): 3:59pm On Feb 26, 2013
orufe: A QUESTION FOR BIAFRA REP.

PointB:

I would like to hear Biafra_Rep response to this question.

Biafra rep: Ndigbo nmanma nu! A bu mu nwa afo Igbo, ahurum ndi Igbo n'ile n'anya. Site na Asaba rue n'Awka, Ekwulobia, Udi, Nsukka, Abakiliki, Afikpo, Owerri, Mbaise, Aba, Ngwa, ma rue na Obigbo ya na Etche, anyi n'ile bu ofu, Igbo bu oke mba. Oburu na unu atunyerem na ndorondoro ochichi nairaland, agam agba mbo ejiko anyi n'ile onu. Ama mu omenala Igbo nke oma, ejerem akwukwo ma turu ugo. Ama kwa mu asusu bekee nke oma. Biko unu bianye aka ebe edere ''Biafra rep'' Igbo ekelem unu, Ndeewo nu!

Okwu a bu okwu mbata Biafra Rep n'ogbo (pg 12).O gosiri na nwa amadi a mara umu nne ya. Ma a ga m arapu ya ka o kwuru onu ya oge o biara. Udo!

With the above words, Biafra Rep announced his entrance into the race (pg 12). it signifies his awareness of his tribesmen. However He himself will address these when he takes the stage. Peace!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by 9jaIhail(m): 4:04pm On Feb 26, 2013
PointB:

The guy is like that. But I am very sure he got it now - that this is Igbo affair, he cannot set the agenda. He should deal with the card dished, and hope for the best.

My brother PointB, Ndu_chucks is a case, some how the guy appeared as someone who is suffering from identity crisis.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by alex14(m): 4:04pm On Feb 26, 2013
Reporting for duty. Currently laying out/typing, sorry if I don't respond to post(s), will do as soon I post my speech.Thanks[b]
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by alfaman1: 4:25pm On Feb 26, 2013
ifyalways: Wait a mo cheesy

Underestimate nnewi politicians at your own risk.

Wetin you dey do here sef? Wives of yoruba men are not allowed to participate. (it's in the constitush...)
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by nduchucks: 4:26pm On Feb 26, 2013
9ja_I_hail:

My brother PointB, Ndu_chucks is a case, some how the guy appeared as someone who is suffering from identity crisis.

You area joker. You've been exposed and that is good enough for me.

I'm sure you are not suffering from identity crisis since you know that you are 100% Nigerian or is it Biafran? dolo cool
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by alfaman1: 4:27pm On Feb 26, 2013
Ejiné:

Who be the person?

And they call me the "newcomer"
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by xtgozie(m): 4:29pm On Feb 26, 2013
Kedu nu umu Nna.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by alfaman1: 4:30pm On Feb 26, 2013
alex_101: Reporting for duty. Currently laying/typing, so sorry if I don't respond to post(s), will do as soon I post my speech.Thanks[b]

smh. If this guy wins, I give it 6 weeks.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by alfaman1: 4:32pm On Feb 26, 2013
xtgozie: Kedu nu umu Nna.

Nsogbu adia. Udo di.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by ifyalways(f): 4:33pm On Feb 26, 2013
alfaman1:

Mu he he cheesy

Quoted for future reference and for truth. cheesy
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by manny4life(m): 4:40pm On Feb 26, 2013
alfaman1:

Underestimate nnewi politicians at your own risk.

Wetin you dey do here sef? Wives of yoruba men are not allowed to participate. (it's in the constitush...)

Bia, biko don't call ndi Nnewi, onwegho ife ndi Nnewi mere gi...
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Ejine(m): 4:42pm On Feb 26, 2013
alfaman1:

And they call me the "newcomer"

Feed me more:

I think she was referring to onlytruth.

LOL. Thanks guys.
Biko, my next question (abeg, make una no vex), who won?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by alfaman1: 4:44pm On Feb 26, 2013
Ejiné:

LOL. Thanks guys.

hehehe grin grin grin
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by manny4life(m): 4:47pm On Feb 26, 2013
Ejiné:

LOL. Thanks guys.

The voting process hasn't begun leat alone who won...

We thought all the contestants will be here today to present their manifestos, take on questions, and deliver their heart-warming final speech, but Onlytruth is the only person so far that has delivered his. Nonetheless, we keep an open mind because what is worth it is worth waiting for, so we appeal to our contestants to kindly grace us with their work.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by achi4u(m): 4:49pm On Feb 26, 2013
alfaman1:

gringringringrin

Are you a visioner Sir?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by manny4life(m): 4:50pm On Feb 26, 2013
Very unfortunate that some of us are pessimistic about this election, keeping my eyes open
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Kc3000: 4:51pm On Feb 26, 2013
Ejiné:

LOL. Thanks guys.

Lol. . .Nwanne, I believe elections start tomorrow. (Nna, asi na Agu nwoke di ka gi bu zi nwanyi? grin grin. Nsogbu adighi!!)
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Nairaland By-Election 2013: Nominations by Biafrarep(m): 4:51pm On Feb 26, 2013
MANIFESTO NKE BIAFRA REP'S CAMPAIGN ORGANIZATION
2013 ELECTION FOR THE TRADITIONAL RULER OF IGBOS ON NAIRALAND/ NDORONDORO OCHICHI NKE AFO 2013 MAKA IJI HOPUTA EZE NDI IGBO NKE NAIRALAND

Igbo nmanma nu! Keleenu!!

Though I would have loved to present my manifesto in our mother tongue, the Igbo language but due to the fact that some of our kith and kin especially the diaspora dwellers may not be too conversant nevertheless I will present it in the English language so as not to alienate our beloved ones.
My manifesto will cut across many areas that are of utmost importance to the general well being of the Igbo people both historically and in contemporary Nigeria. Ndeewo nu!!

ECONOMY OF THE IGBOS

It is a well known fact that Igbos are the most industrious and enterprising ethnic group in Nigeria, from Lagos to Abuja, Kano to Calabar, Port Harcourt to Sokoto, the Igbos have helped in no small measure to develop Nigeria but conversely another question that arises is this, have we got a fair deal from the Nigerian state? or more succinctly put, do other Nigerians appreciate this kind gesture being displayed by the Igbos in the spirit of one Nigeria? Now I will cite two examples that will give an insight on how others view this situation. 1. during the era of Obasanjo presidency, the then minister of FCT, Mallam Nasir El Rufai raised an alarm that Abuja was fast becoming a sixth Igbo state! Curiously, he made this statement when he saw the rate at which Igbos were buying up lands and erecting structures all over Abuja. Some people discarded it as a harmless statement but what followed proved otherwise, soon bulldozers were moved in, in the name of restoring the Abuja master plan and the rest is history. Recently, another episode played out when the current minister of FCT, wickedly destroyed the Minanuel estate(hundreds of different housing units) built by our brother from Abia state with excuses ranging from the absurd to the ridiculous. After the civil war, in the early 1970's, we had to contend with the issue of abandoned property and from the 1980's down to the present time, we have continued to loose our investments in Nigeria, especially in the north through violence and other subtle but mischievous ways like the closure of Igbo markets in Lagos. An Igbo wise saying goes thus; onye ajuru aju anaghi aju onwe ya(s/he who is forsaken does not forsake him or herself) Now is the time to think home, look at our towns,cities and states,how many federal establishments do we have? Is it not absurd that a single state like Kaduna has far more federal establishments than the whole south east put together! Since the federal government has abandoned us do we have to abandon ourselves? I believe we have the resources to transform Onitsha, Enugu, Aba, Owerri etc into great cities if we bring our investments home. If I get the opportunity to be the Eze ndi Igbo Nairaland, I will use the platform to create more awareness on this.

SOCIOCULTURAL

The Igbos are proud, adventurous and industrious people, naturally we are republicans and liberal people who fear no man nor king, though it has its merits and demerits but the advantages are numerous because it gives everybody equal opportunity and fosters healthy rivalry among the people, this was the reason we caught up and overtook the Yorubas in educational enrollment in the early 20th century but the defeat of Biafra and loss in both human and material resources dealt a devastating blow to our psyche, subsequently the Hausa/Fulani class used the military to further subjugate us in Nigeria, they cunningly sowed a seed of discord between amongst us, first they came to oil producing parts of Igbo land and divided it into two(Egbema areas of Imo and Rivers states) secondly, the Ikwere people were encouraged to usurp our properties in the name of abandoned property. In this regard, I will strive to reunite our kits and kins from Anioma area of Delta and all the Igbo speaking parts of Rivers state through enlightenment and superior argument to counter the lies of the evil advocates once the mandate is giving to me.

POLITICAL

More than ever before, the sovereignty of Nigeria is greatly threatened. From the Islamic extremists in the north to the Niger delta militants in the south as well as the discontentment of the various ethnic nationalities that make up Nigeria, the country now seems to be in a perpetual state of flux with tensile forces of corruption, underdevelopment, ethno-religious violence, poverty etc threatening to tear it to shreds. This situation prompted the CIA the predict the balkanization of Nigeria come 2015. Though I may not advocate secession, at the same time I do not support the status quo but in all these, the Igbos should be ready for any eventuality, we must not be caught napping! 2015 is going to live up to its expectation going by the insistence of GEJ remain in office and the desperation of the Hausa/Fulani to oust him by all means. My stand is that Igbos should not give GEJ the blind support we gave him at last elections rather we should spread our eggs, some us should encourage APC while others should remain in PDP, if ACP gives us the ticket then we go with it.

NDEEWO NU!!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (59) (Reply)

Boko Haram: 1200 Terrorists Killed In Bama As GEJ Declares Full-scale War / Ize-Iyamu: Negative Things Oshiomhole Said About Me Were Not From His Heart / What A Military Man Did To A Danfo Driver Today In Apapa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.