Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Labour Rejects N384BN PHCN Settlement, Threatens To Shut Power Sector - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Labour Rejects N384BN PHCN Settlement, Threatens To Shut Power Sector (7951 Views)

Labour Rejects Aregbsola’s Half Salaries - PUNCH / Labour Rejects Aregbesola Half Salary. / I Have Fulfilled My Promise On Power Sector - Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Labour Rejects N384BN PHCN Settlement, Threatens To Shut Power Sector by Rooneyboy(m): 10:52am On Feb 22, 2013
I don't care who gets what, all I do care about is seeing all those incompetent staff axed out of their offices, enough is enough.

We are all tired .
Re: Labour Rejects N384BN PHCN Settlement, Threatens To Shut Power Sector by adebiyikayode5: 11:00am On Feb 22, 2013
thelastPope:

It is obvious that half of the people posting on NL are Yahoo boys and fooolish students! Just imagine what you and some others have typed. That government should pay them more money? And you want Nigeria to have 24 hours power? I think most of you dont know what you really want. You are obviously confused. Instead of you to vehemently attack the PHCN workers to get lost so we can move on, you are actually supporting them for all the years they have put you under darkness. You have a serious dysfunction. You are adverse to progress
Re: Labour Rejects N384BN PHCN Settlement, Threatens To Shut Power Sector by adebiyikayode5: 11:05am On Feb 22, 2013
[quote author=thelastPope]

It is obvious that half of the people posting on NL are Yahoo boys and fooolish students! Just imagine what you and some others have typed. That government should pay them more money? And you want Nigeria to have 24 hours power? I think most of you dont know what you really want. You are obviously confused. Instead of you to vehemently attack the PHCN workers to get lost so we can move on, you are actually supporting them for all the years they have put you under darkness. true talk
Re: Labour Rejects N384BN PHCN Settlement, Threatens To Shut Power Sector by babaireti(m): 11:17am On Feb 22, 2013
koruji: Didn't I say it on the other thread? Most of that money is going to GEJ&cohorts pockets.

Sometimes ,I wonder what kind of people are these? you just write,say and do stupid things you like,you said the sector is inefficient and should be sold out,and the Govt.is trying to do that amid stiff oppositions from selfish group and individuals who are bent on plunging the entire nation into state of perpetual darkness,and now you are here,out of sheer youthful exuberance criticizing the Govt.for taking this bold step of liberating itself from the grip of retrogressants and spoilers without looking at anybody's face.
I think the Man GEJ deserves commendation and not condemnations

3 Likes

Re: Labour Rejects N384BN PHCN Settlement, Threatens To Shut Power Sector by nattyGENT: 11:19am On Feb 22, 2013
I now come to conclude that most nairalanders are "WUSS" judging from their idiotic comments about privatization of PHCN.

DO YOU PEOPLE UNDERSTAND WHAT IT MEANS TO WORK FOR YEARS AND BE OFFERED PEANUTS AND TOLD TO QUIT WHILE OTHERS ARE NOT TO BE PAID AT ALL.

how much is 384trilion naira & how many people are involved and how much do president, ministers, legislators steal (not legal entitlements) in less than a year?

I personally would fight for them.
Re: Labour Rejects N384BN PHCN Settlement, Threatens To Shut Power Sector by kalunomics(m): 11:35am On Feb 22, 2013
nattyGENT: ...how much is 384trilionbillion naira & how many people are involved?...
Re: Labour Rejects N384BN PHCN Settlement, Threatens To Shut Power Sector by Rooneyboy(m): 11:35am On Feb 22, 2013
franchizy:

My friend abeg wake up from ur sleep. The PHCN workers are fighting for there right. FG have the money, so let dem pay the workers and the fire is over. You don't expect the workers to labour in vain.

Though there demands may be bitter but its there right

Y don't they put their CV's up for consideration in the private cos if they consider themselves as being competent

1 Like

Re: Labour Rejects N384BN PHCN Settlement, Threatens To Shut Power Sector by internetpo(m): 11:49am On Feb 22, 2013
That amount is way too much o. Is it not going to cause inflation? :-O

Sometimes PHCN labour union fight unnecessarily. How many month dem won take do committee committee meetings. Upon the lack of light and monumental corruption. Let them stop preventing Naija's progress jor.
Re: Labour Rejects N384BN PHCN Settlement, Threatens To Shut Power Sector by internetpo(m): 11:50am On Feb 22, 2013
That amount is way too much o. Is it not going to cause inflation? :-O

Sometimes PHCN labour union fight unnecessarily. How many month dem won take do committee committee meetings. Upon the lack of light, incompetence and monumental corruption among them. Let them stop preventing Naija's progress jor. :PThat amount is way too much o. Is it not going to cause inflation? :-O

Sometimes PHCN labour union fight unnecessarily. How many month dem won take do committee committee meetings. Upon the lack of light, incompetence and monumental corruption among them. Let them stop preventing Naija's progress jor.
Re: Labour Rejects N384BN PHCN Settlement, Threatens To Shut Power Sector by lumeneng22: 11:59am On Feb 22, 2013
Has the sleeping labour resolve the one cnncerning all of us? The national minimum wage of N18 000.
Re: Labour Rejects N384BN PHCN Settlement, Threatens To Shut Power Sector by Imeyo(m): 12:02pm On Feb 22, 2013
govt are smarter than PHCN ppl.their so called committee wants to inflate grade and d amt.but govt moved faster than them.PHCN this is nt subsidy,ok.govt are smarter than PHCN ppl.their so called committee wants to inflate grade and d amt.but govt moved faster than them.PHCN this is nt subsidy,ok.govt are smarter than PHCN ppl.their so called committee wants to inflate grade and d amt.but govt moved faster than them.PHCN this is nt subsidy,ok.
Re: Labour Rejects N384BN PHCN Settlement, Threatens To Shut Power Sector by manny4life(m): 12:03pm On Feb 22, 2013
If govt has allotted more than 10% of our budget to them and they don't want it, they should leave. After all, there's austerity measures everywhere, granted you've worked for a while and deserved to be paid, but truth be told, most of these workers are saboteurs in the power system whom through by bribery don't wanna see this work.

Imagine, is about $3billion not enough? For how many workers sef, is one worker getting $500,000 each or did they not earn while working? If they shut it down, now is the time GEJ should exert his authority, if you shut down the plant, YOU DON'T GET JACK... Generator importers are at it again, POWER MUST WORK IN NIGERIA, by fire or force.

1 Like

Re: Labour Rejects N384BN PHCN Settlement, Threatens To Shut Power Sector by blacksta(m): 12:20pm On Feb 22, 2013
The report says only 2/3 of the staff will be payed off - what about the remaining 1/3
Re: Labour Rejects N384BN PHCN Settlement, Threatens To Shut Power Sector by onojiwizardgmailcom(m): 12:23pm On Feb 22, 2013
bros what they will get each if 384 Billion is to be shared equally is about 7.1 million each, by the government stat they are about 54 thousand of them divide 384 Billion and see, if some more workers get added going by their aguement, that is if the government agree to that they will not add more than 15 thousand more, to me though that will be fake, they will still be geting each about 5 million each even my mother when done work for FCE for 32 years now No get that one as a non Academic staff, this guys are just trying by all means to keep us in darkness, while they keep making money from our suffering
Re: Labour Rejects N384BN PHCN Settlement, Threatens To Shut Power Sector by demitola(m): 12:29pm On Feb 22, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: These PHCN workers union should not make me angry to the extent of cursing them.

If they continue to make impossible demands, the govt should use Fashola style to deal with them- sack all the 50,000 PHCN workers with immediate effect so that when negotiations begin again, the labour unions will be on the defensive.
u are a retardeen. Apparently enof, u dint go 2 school. FYI, diz is F.G business, not State. Ao mch severance pay do dey wanna pay dats mor dan d actual amounts embezzled by d govt authority snce '99? I wish ur Dad were a PHcn worker too, den i'ld av come bak 2 read ur scum agn!
Re: Labour Rejects N384BN PHCN Settlement, Threatens To Shut Power Sector by aikeron: 12:31pm On Feb 22, 2013
thelastPope:

It is obvious that half of the people posting on NL are Yahoo boys and fooolish students! Just imagine what you and some others have typed. That government should pay them more money? And you want Nigeria to have 24 hours power? I think most of you dont know what you really want. You are obviously confused. Instead of you to vehemently attack the PHCN workers to get lost so we can move on, you are actually supporting them for all the years they have put you under darkness. You have a serious dysfunction. You are adverse to progress

Nice one, nice one...u said it all. Sentiments kill people's rational thinking in this country.
Re: Labour Rejects N384BN PHCN Settlement, Threatens To Shut Power Sector by chidyke77(m): 12:48pm On Feb 22, 2013
Re: Labour Rejects N384BN PHCN Settlement, Threatens To Shut Power Sector by chidyke77(m): 12:50pm On Feb 22, 2013
thelastPope:

i dnt think ur normal so no need of talking to a fooolll like u.
Re: Labour Rejects N384BN PHCN Settlement, Threatens To Shut Power Sector by demitola(m): 12:52pm On Feb 22, 2013
manny4life: If govt has allotted more than 10% of our budget to them and they don't want it, they should leave. After all, there's austerity measures everywhere, granted you've worked for a while and deserved to be paid, but truth be told, most of these workers are saboteurs in the power system whom through by bribery don't wanna see this work.

Imagine, is about $3billion not enough? For how many workers sef, is one worker getting $500,000 each or did they not earn while working? If they shut it down, now is the time GEJ should exert his authority, if you shut down the plant, YOU DON'T GET JACK... Generator importers are at it again, POWER MUST WORK IN NIGERIA, by fire or force.
its kwite apparent on diz thread dat envy and ignorance ar d poise 4 many pple'z comment. Y shld u put d blame on Phcn workers for erratic power supply? Mind u dey're only workin wid wot dey'v bin given. Is it logical 2blame a policeman on incompetency if u ask him 2face a criminal on UZee or RF gun wid dane-gun? And 4real u cant generalise d whole workforce by few rotten ones in d marketin department.
Re: Labour Rejects N384BN PHCN Settlement, Threatens To Shut Power Sector by chidyke77(m): 12:52pm On Feb 22, 2013
demitola:
u are a retardeen. Apparently enof, u dint go 2 school. FYI, diz is F.G business, not State. Ao mch severance pay do dey wanna pay dats mor dan d actual amounts embezzled by d govt authority snce '99? I wish ur Dad were a PHcn worker too, den i'ld av come bak 2 read ur scum agn!
dnt mind those selfish posters.
Re: Labour Rejects N384BN PHCN Settlement, Threatens To Shut Power Sector by TayoD1(m): 12:53pm On Feb 22, 2013
I said it before and was lambasted for it, Nigerians deserve the kind of leadership we've had all these years. My understanding is that there are about 50,000 PHCN workers nationwide. The package provided by GEJ ensures that on average, each worker goes home with almost 7.7 million naira.

Our problem is not just GEJ and those in power. We should look in the mirror, not just Aso Rock when we are trying to figure out what is wrong with this country. Can you imagine the guy even suggesting that labor will accept the settlement as an extra-contractual gift from GEJ? Shameless set of fools these labor leaders are.
Re: Labour Rejects N384BN PHCN Settlement, Threatens To Shut Power Sector by chidyke77(m): 12:55pm On Feb 22, 2013
onojiwizard@gmail.com:
bros what they will get each if 384 Billion is to be shared equally is about 7.1 million each, by the government stat they are about 54 thousand of them divide 384 Billion and see, if some more workers get added going by their aguement, that is if the government agree to that they will not add more than 15 thousand more, to me though that will be fake, they will still be geting each about 5 million each even my mother when done work for FCE for 32 years now No get that one as a non Academic staff, this guys are just trying by all means to keep us in darkness, while they keep making money from our suffering
dnt u knw that some wl nt even get up to 2mil.
Re: Labour Rejects N384BN PHCN Settlement, Threatens To Shut Power Sector by ReLaTE(m): 1:01pm On Feb 22, 2013
Anyone that is against giving PHCN their due entitlement is an enemy of progress. This guys should be giving wat belongs to them for gods sake.
Re: Labour Rejects N384BN PHCN Settlement, Threatens To Shut Power Sector by ReLaTE(m): 1:05pm On Feb 22, 2013
Tayo-D:
I said it before and was lambasted for it, Nigerians deserve the kind of leadership we've had all these years. My understanding is that there are about 50,000 PHCN workers nationwide. The package provided by GEJ ensures that on average, each worker goes home with almost 7.7 million naira.

Our problem is not just GEJ and those in power. We should look in the mirror, not just Aso Rock when we are trying to figure out what is wrong with this country. Can you imagine the guy even suggesting that labor will accept the settlement as an extra-contractual gift from GEJ? Shameless set of fools these labor leaders are.
Go back and read the post again,didnt u see where they mentioned that some names were excluded frm the list. Just imagine hw painful it wl be to some if their names were ommitted. You guys are callous and wicked in mind.,no human sympathy.
Re: Labour Rejects N384BN PHCN Settlement, Threatens To Shut Power Sector by TayoD1(m): 1:07pm On Feb 22, 2013
Anyone that is against giving PHCN their due entitlement is an enemy of progress. This guys should be giving wat belongs to them for gods sake.
Dumb a*s statement. Where was this labor group when corruption in PHCN deprived Nigerians of steady power? These guys have no care for the country, just their pockets. Only in a country like Nigeria are people compensated for not doing their jobs.
Re: Labour Rejects N384BN PHCN Settlement, Threatens To Shut Power Sector by ReLaTE(m): 1:07pm On Feb 22, 2013
blacksta: The report says only 2/3 of the staff will be payed off - what about the remaining 1/3
Re: Labour Rejects N384BN PHCN Settlement, Threatens To Shut Power Sector by ReLaTE(m): 1:09pm On Feb 22, 2013
Tayo-D:
Dumb a*s statement. Where was this labor group when corruption in PHCN deprived Nigerians of steady power? These guys have no care for the country, just their pockets. Only in a country like Nigeria are people compensated for not doing their jobs.
then pay them off for them to leave.
Re: Labour Rejects N384BN PHCN Settlement, Threatens To Shut Power Sector by TayoD1(m): 1:12pm On Feb 22, 2013
Go back and read the post again,didnt u see where they mentioned that some names were excluded frm the list. Just imagine hw painful it wl be to some if their names were ommitted. You guys are callous and wicked in mind.,no human sympathy.
Perhaps you should go back and read the post. Labor wants the government to regularize the fringe staff members with the purpose of giving them severance pay as well. Where in the world is that done? If labor cares so much for these folks, let them set aside just N14 billion from the 384 they are getting to compensate their colleagues.

You are so concerned about what these labor mercenaries are getting. What about what Nigeria as a whole is getting? Quit making sentimental statements and use some common sense.

1 Like

Re: Labour Rejects N384BN PHCN Settlement, Threatens To Shut Power Sector by asudan: 1:13pm On Feb 22, 2013
thelastPope:

my bro/sis,if u were in their shoe what will you do?.but that is not to say that they 100% right cos sum top officials of PHCN will want their share,e.g the Pension scam that occur recently is a good example.on the other hand,government are not been sincere in their dealings with Nigeria Labour as they don't care to know how they operate-even if they come late or absent on duty or even the tools for working.up till now the FG has not been able to solve power cut when there is lighting and thunder,just to mention a few.please be objective here cos neither the govt or PHCN are saying the truth and at the end,it is we consumers that we suffer it directly or indirectly.if we consumer decide not to patronize them,then we will see who will tightening it's belt.
Re: Labour Rejects N384BN PHCN Settlement, Threatens To Shut Power Sector by ReLaTE(m): 1:17pm On Feb 22, 2013
Tayo-D:
Perhaps you should go back and read the post. Labor wants the government to regularize the fringe staff members with the purpose of giving them severance pay as well. Where in the world is that done? If labor cares so much for these folks, let them set aside just N14 billion from the 384 they are getting to compensate their colleagues.

You are so concerned about what these labor mercenaries are getting. What about what Nigeria as a whole is getting? Quit making sentimental statements and use some common sense.
so u want them to exclude those ones whereas they hv bn in the industry for long,are u that callous?
Re: Labour Rejects N384BN PHCN Settlement, Threatens To Shut Power Sector by ReLaTE(m): 1:19pm On Feb 22, 2013
asudan:
my bro/sis,if u were in their shoe what will you do?.but that is not to say that they 100% right cos sum top officials of PHCN will want their share,e.g the Pension scam that occur recently is a good example.on the other hand,government are not been sincere in their dealings with Nigeria Labour as they don't care to know how they operate-even if they come late or absent on duty or even the tools for working.up till now the FG has not been able to solve power cut when there is lighting and thunder,just to mention a few.please be objective here cos neither the govt or PHCN are saying the truth and at the end,it is we consumers that we suffer it directly or indirectly.if we consumer decide not to patronize them,then we will see who will tightening it's belt.
Re: Labour Rejects N384BN PHCN Settlement, Threatens To Shut Power Sector by Nuzo1(m): 1:29pm On Feb 22, 2013
PHCN staff are civil servants.

If the government have found them wanting, they should be sacked immediately without pay. But if not, severance pay should be paid according to rules and ethics of the Federal civil service commision.

It is none of their business if it will cost the government the entire 2013 and 2014 budget.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bayelsa Cant Sustain N4.3bn Monthly Wage Bill- Dickson / SERAP Drags Nigerian Officials To ICC ‘for Leaving 13.2m Children Out Of School / Look Within For Forgers Of INEC Statement’, Labour Tells APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.