Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,759 members, 7,809,925 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

Life & Times Of Justus Esiri - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Life & Times Of Justus Esiri (17122 Views)

Justus Esiri's Obituary Poster / Justus Esiri To Be Buried In April / Nollywood Actor Justus Esiri Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by mukina2: 9:18am On Feb 22, 2013
Born on 20 November 1942 in Oria-Abraka, Delta State, Esiri attended Urhobo College, Effurun, Warri in Delta State. He travelled to Germany to study engineering at the Maximillan University, Munich, Germany, 1964, where he developed an interest in theatre.

Esiri started his acting career in Germany. He was the only Nigerian male that performed on stage between 1968 and 1969. He also worked for Voice of Nigeria VON, German Service, as a translator.

The veteran actor won several laurels including THEMA Awards, NTA Honours Awards and AMAA awards. He was also the star actor in acclaimed productions such as “Wasted Years”, “Forever,” “The Prize”, “Six Demons”, “Corridors of Power”, “Last Knight”, “The Tyrant”, ‘The Investigation”, “The Ghost.” He was also reputed to have performed on more TV Network drama programmes than any Nigerian actor.

Assassin’s Practice, one of the most recent movies where he featured, was produced last year.

Late Esiri was last seen at a social function few weeks ago when a delegation of the Federal Government led by Secretary to the Federal Government, Chief Anyim Pius Anyim, met some major stakeholders in the Movie industry in Lagos, to inform them of the forthcoming centenary celebration and to seek the support of the Nollywood industry.

At the close-door parley, Esiri bubbled with life. He sat next to the Secretary to the Federal Government, Chief Anyim Pius Anyim, and did not show any sign of failing health.

Esiri’s death came two months after another veteran actor, Enebeli Elebuwa, a.k.a Andrew died in an Indian hospital and 18 months after legendary actor, Sam Loko Efe also took his bow.

In one of his last interviews, Esiri had lamented his deteriorating health condition, saying “I had to be rushed abroad. But since I came back, I’ve not been fine-it’s either one sickness or the other. But thank God things will get better.”

He was married to Omiete and had six children, one of them being Dentist-turned pop artiste, Dr SID.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/life-and-time-late-justus-esiri/

2 Likes

Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by bunchyproject(m): 9:44am On Feb 22, 2013
Rip sir! Thank You for your great contribution to the nation.you will forever be remembered.

4 Likes

Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by 0Cisa(m): 9:44am On Feb 22, 2013
R.I.P
Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by ohisola(f): 9:45am On Feb 22, 2013
RIP Sir
Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by Fantacy1(m): 9:46am On Feb 22, 2013
It's a great loss 2 nollywood and d world of motion pictures. Dont wana say 1st 2 coment
Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by MEILYN(m): 9:47am On Feb 22, 2013
wow i loved dis man oo.....
Wen Enebeli Elebuwa died, i thought of dis man....hope my thought didnt kill him?

2 Likes

Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by JayKayMaybachz(m): 9:47am On Feb 22, 2013
Chai !! He was a real guru in what he did "knew" and also a legend ... may your gentle soul rest in peace sir !! ..... Ah never knew Dr.Sid was a dentist oooo ... hmmm life is so short
Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by azukaazuka: 9:50am On Feb 22, 2013
rip esiri
Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by ceeceeco: 9:56am On Feb 22, 2013
Mr Justus Esiri, may ur soul rest in peace...Amen!
Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by ubong560(m): 9:56am On Feb 22, 2013
As far as nollywood is concern, this was 1 man i loved and respected so much. He was one actor i usually bought movies once i saw his face on d pack knowing it wil be interesting. My painful part of it is that, this is just wen my org. wanted to feature him in a lead role and suddenly, he is gone. Dead, where is thy root and thy purpose?

***crying***

May his soul rest in perfect peace. Adieu Papa.

1 Like

Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by theripper3: 9:58am On Feb 22, 2013
Just remembered "My Goodwill", a movie I love so much. RIP sir and may God give ur family the fortitude to bear the loss.

1 Like

Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by Godyke(m): 10:01am On Feb 22, 2013
RIP Papa Esiri.

You are truely a legend.

Adieu Papa.

1 Like

Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by mindyourword: 10:01am On Feb 22, 2013
MR JUSTUS EZIRI WHAT A GREAT GEM THAT IS LOST
IN THE NOLLY WOOD INDUSTRY.THE LAST TIME I HEARD FROM
YOU WAS WHEN YOU WERE ROBBED IN YOUR HOTEL AT LONDON
WITH SEGUN ARINZE WHERE YOU LOSED YOUR MONIES TO THOSE
ROBBERS.BUT GOD DID IS OF GOOD. REST IN PEACE OUR
BELOVED VETERAN ACTOR. THE IMPACT YOU PLAYED IN
VILLAGE HEADMASTER WILL FOREVER REMAIN OUR MEMORY.
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by ifyalways(f): 10:05am On Feb 22, 2013
Oh,I loved his acting skills. sad
Didn't know Dr Sid was his son. May God grant his soul eternal rest.
Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by juman(m): 10:07am On Feb 22, 2013
His death was sad news. It's difficult to express how deeply sad one feel of his death.

He was an example of good leader. Condolence to the family and we his fans.
Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by Nobody: 10:10am On Feb 22, 2013
R.I.P great veteran actor...
Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by Godyke(m): 10:14am On Feb 22, 2013
........... He travelled to Germany to study engineering at the Maximillan University, Munich, Germany, 1964, where he developed an interest in theatre.

He was married to Omiete and had six children, one of them being Dentist-turned pop artiste, Dr SID.

This is one part of the story am not happy about.

Imagine him excelling as a German trained Engineer and imparting same experience on thousand of Nigerian youths.

This will would have gone a long way in solving part of our engineering challenges instead of theater art and acting.

How does his acting career affected us personally?

Same goes for his son Dr Sid..............a Dentist turn Hip Hop star. SMH

1 Like

Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by mimifonwon(f): 10:15am On Feb 22, 2013
I am glad you guys used this front page for something useful. I think it is worthy we celebrate our great performers while they are still alive and even greater when they are gone, they should build a nollywood museum show casing the best of the best actors/actresses like mr. esiri in lagos,hopefully in the new eko atlantic.. It is sad we only celebrate corrupt people and not the ones who actually help us to go through life laughing and smiling through our pain. He was actually one of the best actors naija produced and will truly be missed... safe journey sir!!!

1 Like

Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by Olugbenger(m): 10:15am On Feb 22, 2013
MEILYN: wow i loved dis man oo.....
Wen Enebeli Elebuwa died, i thought of dis man....hope my thought didnt kill him?
Me too...
I was just scared to say it because i thought i was d only one!
embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by fubbyy(m): 10:18am On Feb 22, 2013
MEILYN: wow i loved dis man oo.....
the same thing with me o, I taught that when he was saying the contribution of enebeli to the industry and what came to my mind @ that time was, thiS man is getting very old o, hope you won't be the next, unfortunately he was

R.I.P bro,
you will be remembered
Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 22, 2013
He looks popular
Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 22, 2013
Godyke: This is one part of the story am not happy about.

Imagine him excelling as a German trained Engineer and imparting same experience on thousand of Nigerian youths.

This will would have gone a long way in solving part of our engineering challenges instead of theater art and acting.

How does his acting career affected us personally?

Same goes for his son Dr Sid..............a Dentist turn Hip Hop star. SMH
wtf?? Are u kidding me?!
Ok i know you're daft..but u don't av to make a special effort today. Damn!
R.i.p justus esiri..

1 Like

Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by Carinaflo(f): 10:19am On Feb 22, 2013
RIP Sir. You were a great man.
Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by Lakayana: 10:26am On Feb 22, 2013
My love for him started from the very 1st time I saw him on village head master. He was indeed one of the greatest actors 9ja has produced thank God his legacy shall never be erased. It shall live on in his works and children. God bless his entire family and fill every vacuum his death has created.
Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by BANGASOUP1: 10:28am On Feb 22, 2013
I pray n HopE IS not Pete Edochie next,cos dat man death news don 2 plenty o,just saying o"liv d thread sorrowfully"

1 Like

Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by executinal(m): 10:32am On Feb 22, 2013
R.I.P Sir
Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by brixton: 10:38am On Feb 22, 2013
Still can't come to terms... It was a big shock to hear of d great J.Esiri's death.

I met him jst 2wks ago precisely on saturday wen queing to go thru d body scanner in abj airport. He was asked to pull off his shoes and he jokingly responded to d lady ' I am a member of the Order of the Niger'.... Had a lil chat wit err1 and even askd him of Sid... I cald him d Al Pacino of Nigeria, he laffd and parted my shoulders. He was full of life, funny and actd funky to d admiration of most of us in d d'pture lounge. The Pa Esiri I saw dat day didn't luk sick but God knw best. It reminds me dat dis second cud be ma lst!

God will grant his soul eternal rest and console his family.

3 Likes

Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by nyabingi(m): 10:44am On Feb 22, 2013
[size=14pt]I THOUGHT HE ALSO ACTED IN CHINUA ACHEBE'S "THINGS FALL APART" TOGETHER WITH PETE EDOCHIE,PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG.[/size]

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Actress Jackie Appiah Had Sex In World Cup Brazil (pic) / M.I. Vs Nas: 'we Must Get Our Money Back’ - Chocolate City / Ibinabo Fiberesima Slams Shan George Over Troll Post Against Ned Nwoko

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.