Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Life & Times Of Justus Esiri - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Life & Times Of Justus Esiri (17128 Views)

Justus Esiri's Obituary Poster / Justus Esiri To Be Buried In April / Nollywood Actor Justus Esiri Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by Ejiekwu1(m): 10:45am On Feb 22, 2013
R.I.P Justise Esiri
Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by Nobody: 10:47am On Feb 22, 2013
Rip Esiri.Dr Sid take heart.Life is transcendent in nature. embarassed
Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by BANGASOUP1: 10:49am On Feb 22, 2013
Mukuna2 try unban me na 4 sport section na pls,afcon don finish n 9ja won d cup-*crying*
Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by Nobody: 10:49am On Feb 22, 2013
Hope Pete Edochie will live very many years to come because if anything happen to that man,I go cry my eyes out for real.
Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by BANGASOUP1: 10:52am On Feb 22, 2013
lynpetra: Hope Pete Edochie will live very many years to come because if anything happen to that man,I go cry my eyes out for real.
. na u 1 kill am?go get a lyf pls
Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by ogbudjeediri(m): 10:58am On Feb 22, 2013
mukina2: Born on 20 November 1942 in Oria-Abraka, Delta State, Esiri attended Urhobo College, Effurun, Warri in Delta State. He travelled to Germany to study engineering at the Maximillan University, Munich, Germany, 1964, where he developed an interest in theatre.

Esiri started his acting career in Germany. He was the only Nigerian male that performed on stage between 1968 and 1969. He also worked for Voice of Nigeria VON, German Service, as a translator.

The veteran actor won several laurels including THEMA Awards, NTA Honours Awards and AMAA awards. He was also the star actor in acclaimed productions such as “Wasted Years”, “Forever,” “The Prize”, “Six Demons”, “Corridors of Power”, “Last Knight”, “The Tyrant”, ‘The Investigation”, “The Ghost.” He was also reputed to have performed on more TV Network drama programmes than any Nigerian actor.

Assassin’s Practice, one of the most recent movies where he featured, was produced last year.

Late Esiri was last seen at a social function few weeks ago when a delegation of the Federal Government led by Secretary to the Federal Government, Chief Anyim Pius Anyim, met some major stakeholders in the Movie industry in Lagos, to inform them of the forthcoming centenary celebration and to seek the support of the Nollywood industry.

At the close-door parley, Esiri bubbled with life. He sat next to the Secretary to the Federal Government, Chief Anyim Pius Anyim, and did not show any sign of failing health.

Esiri’s death came two months after another veteran actor, Enebeli Elebuwa, a.k.a Andrew died in an Indian hospital and 18 months after legendary actor, Sam Loko Efe also took his bow.

In one of his last interviews, Esiri had lamented his deteriorating health condition, saying “I had to be rushed abroad. But since I came back, I’ve not been fine-it’s either one sickness or the other. But thank God things will get better.”

He was married to Omiete and had six children, one of them being Dentist-turned pop artiste, Dr SID.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/life-and-time-late-justus-esiri/
Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by MEILYN(m): 11:00am On Feb 22, 2013
BANGA SOUP: . na u 1 kill am?go get a lyf pls

dem go soon ban u 4 celebrity section nw,i wonder who u go beg by den......
Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by BANGASOUP1: 11:08am On Feb 22, 2013
MEILYN:

dem go soon ban u 4 celebrity section nw,i wonder who u go beg by den......
so?
Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by marosky(m): 11:09am On Feb 22, 2013
nyabingi: [size=14pt]I THOUGHT HE ALSO ACTED IN CHINUA ACHEBE'S "THINGS FALL APART" TOGETHER WITH PETE EDOCHIE,PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG.[/size]

Yes he did. I remember the scene where Okonkwo was found dead. He was the one who took the other people to the spot where Okonkwo had committed suicide.
Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by Nobody: 11:10am On Feb 22, 2013
Great guy.
Ran into him at MUSON center in the late 90s.
He actually apologised for bumping into me.
Didn't show any arrogance. He just said he was sorry and made sure I was ok with it.

Rest in Peace.
Even if all I remember of you is how courteous you were to me, it's enough for me.
Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by Revolva(m): 11:12am On Feb 22, 2013
RIP uncle ..justus....but is he an urhobo man or from abia state!!! Originally
Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by mortee: 11:12am On Feb 22, 2013
Godyke: ........... He travelled to Germany to study engineering at the Maximillan University, Munich, Germany, 1964, where he developed an interest in theatre.

He was married to Omiete and had six children, one of them being Dentist-turned pop artiste, Dr SID.

This is one part of the story am not happy about.

Imagine him excelling as a German trained Engineer and imparting same experience on thousand of Nigerian youths.

This will would have gone a long way in solving part of our engineering challenges instead of theater art and acting.

How does his acting career affected us personally?

Same goes for his son Dr Sid..............a Dentist turn Hip Hop star. SMH

Have you ever heard about the saying "follow your passion"? So what if he was an engineer turned actor, and Dr. Sid was trained as a dentist but became a musician?
Will you say the challenges in engineering and dentistry have remained cos these two chose to go where their hearts led them?
His acting career may not have affected you personally cos you probably have other interests, but you are not a yardstick to measure the great number of people who see him as the best Nollywood actor.

Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by vanstanzy(m): 11:15am On Feb 22, 2013
My favourite Nigerian actor of all time. ADIEU PAPA!!! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by perrychocks(f): 11:31am On Feb 22, 2013
I dint see peter enehs name dere
Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by kosalabaro: 11:36am On Feb 22, 2013
Mukina2 - Pardon me, but may I ask when you were born?

I'm asking this question because it appears you were 'not around' when Justus Esiri took over from Femi Robinson (Ife Araba)as the new village headmaster in the unbeatatable, most long-running TV drama series in Africa, Village Headmaster. Village headmaster ran from 1969 - 1985 and till date, Village Headmaster unarguably has no equal in any subsequent TV soap operas.

Just for the records.
Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by nonesense: 11:37am On Feb 22, 2013
Godyke: ........... He travelled to Germany to study engineering at the Maximillan University, Munich, Germany, 1964, where he developed an interest in theatre.

Imagine him excelling as a German trained Engineer and imparting same experience on thousand of Nigerian youths.

This will would have gone a long way in solving part of our engineering challenges instead of theater art and acting.

Bros, dem go swear for you here for this true talk wey u dey yawn..u no knw say truth dey bitter? undecided
Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by Nosyke(m): 11:39am On Feb 22, 2013

I am fighting so hard not to curse you.
At least he brought smiles to thousands if not millions of Nigerian faces, can that be said of you?

@Op, he was one of the actors that made me watch home movies.
Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by oka4bartho(m): 11:41am On Feb 22, 2013
Now,now,now(Justus Esiri stammered) get inside. NONSENSE!(He thundered) He usually says NONSENSE whenever he is angry. RIP, am gonna miss u.

Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by fuckluv(f): 11:44am On Feb 22, 2013
*sad face*

*drop some flowers on his casket and leaves* embarassed embarassed
Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by showstopa: 11:53am On Feb 22, 2013
@Mukina, sorry to derail. Please I put up a thread about a missing person in the Politis section. OluwaToyin Akanbi. Can you please bring to front page. I begiiiii UUUUUUUUU OO
Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by Symphony007: 11:59am On Feb 22, 2013
When i watched "corridors of power" as a kid, this man's acting made me super interested in politics. So sad i won't be able to tell you this and you won't be able to meet your biggest fan.
Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by betty1983(f): 12:02pm On Feb 22, 2013
RIP Sir! Rest in the Lord.
Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by Nobody: 12:14pm On Feb 22, 2013
nyabingi: [size=14pt]I THOUGHT HE ALSO ACTED IN CHINUA ACHEBE'S "THINGS FALL APART" TOGETHER WITH PETE EDOCHIE,PLEASE CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG.[/size]

You are absolutely correct. He acted as Okonkwo’s best friend from the novel, “Obierika”, the guy will be greatly missed. May his gentle soul rest in perfect peace, amen.
Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by Olumogun: 1:03pm On Feb 22, 2013
R I P
To the rest colleagues, may God grant you guys the grace to bear this.
Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by Onasa22: 1:12pm On Feb 22, 2013
Revolva: RIP uncle ..justus....but is he an urhobo man or from abia state!!! Originally

He's an Urhobo man, the son of late Dr Esiri', the owner of Esiri Hospital Cemetery Road, Warri. May his gentle soul rest in peace.
Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by Closetoheart: 1:14pm On Feb 22, 2013

The dumbest post I have ever read on Nairaland...even the pro-garri comments are not as dumb as this. Everyone is not destined/called to be scientists or engineers. My dear, seems you are yet to activate your sixth sense. Kindly do so ASAP. Or maybe your brain needs to be re-formatted.
Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by Nobody: 1:28pm On Feb 22, 2013
u r rite!
Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by konn: 1:44pm On Feb 22, 2013
I CANT BELIEVE THIS MAN IS DEAD WHY DO GREAT PEOPLE KEEP ON DYING?

I LOVE THIS MAN WITH A PASSION RIP SIR

Re: Life & Times Of Justus Esiri by GENTLETEE(m): 2:04pm On Feb 22, 2013
Thank u for leaving ur footprints in the sand of time Uncle Esiri. U will be forever missed!

Karen Igho Playing Football (Picture) / M.I. Vs Nas: 'we Must Get Our Money Back’ - Chocolate City / Hollywood Actress Elizabeth Hurley Hot Photos Wallpapers Images In Bikini Dresse