Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,170 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Kenny And D-1: Boring! - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Kenny And D-1: Boring! (8713 Views)

8 TV Stations In Nigeria That Broadcast Annoying And Boring Programs / Your Most Boring TV Shows Currently Airing / What Is The Most Boring Movie You'd Ever Seen? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by Frizy(m): 8:14pm On Apr 01, 2008
Why beef this guys now. grin At last when they got their "hummers" every young naija guy wanted to be like them. All the free ipods, credits and co. I beg kenny and D1 keep it up, they love you two, why do they still watch your boring shows undecided .When you clock 60 kindly hand it over to "Id" and your sister se na "keke" or something. cheesy
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by delegiwa(m): 8:21pm On Apr 01, 2008
Enough respect for the duo abi na trio (if u count the other whoa walking aimlessly around town) for their contributions.  However, a time comes in a man's life when he leaves the stage for a younger generation who are in tune with times and work from behind.  It looks ridiculous seeing 40something year old men talking about what ordinarily should be for 17 yr olds.

Abeg make dem go rest
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by kliverpool(m): 9:10pm On Apr 01, 2008
I was just telling my girl about this topic last week.
I think its lack of vision and greed
when this country has got millions of young wannabe presenter on the street looking for job
and what can we say about the other one on the street ID
That can not even speak fluent English will be forming American accent.
and st brown should go and look for another job or become a respectable house wife
music no be ur way.any how free studio and air time is still on.
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 01, 2008
damola thank u for reminding me about that MISTAKE. wow that guy is WACK. the whole concept RUBBISH.
damola1:

You guys are forgetting ID ON DA STREET!!!, grin grin
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by jaymes(m): 9:29pm On Apr 01, 2008
Garfield4u:

jaymes, do you still use black & whyte teevee at home? What bout BETAMAX video player? And Monogram record player? aha! So you appreciate that we can't' hold on to the past forever! Daaarh! Its one of the most desirable expectation in life, Progressive Change! meeeauw! tongue

grin like whatever men, just think are cool! whatever happened to appreciating and embracing our own Naija Entertainment Moguls! na wa o! smiley
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by yemo90(m): 9:46pm On Apr 01, 2008
yo Bleep kenny & D1!!

not because of their age but because their delivery sucks & blows at the same time!
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by storm0210(m): 10:14pm On Apr 01, 2008
d reason i luv nairaland is, someone somewhere somehow is thinking what ur thinking.

@ poster God Bless you for starting this thread.

did i hear someone compare kenny & D-1 to Larry King? look people When you talk abt hosting shows and being the first to bring it to us, yes i give it to them, we recognise that. but like ruggedman said in his song"big bros" u aint God, u dont run the show. these guys gave it to us but made us feel they were d best, step up ur game dats what i feel.

this is entertainment, and it has nothin to do wit d oldies, it only rocks when something new comes in. thats why no matter good lionel richie was in d past, he always brinGS out something new which still rocks. kenny, d-1 with all sense of respect, younger people enjoy d concept of your show but we dont enjoy seein u host dem. we will always recognise u as d big players but men, think abt it, sound city,musiq africa sef don overtake una.

STEP YOUR GAME UP!
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by jemit(m): 10:38pm On Apr 01, 2008
i stopped watching Primetime about 3 years ago, do they actually still run the show. anyway i feel they are way too old to be doing it. they can always come for the show once in a while but they should leave the main presenting for people much younger and fun.

we have to hail them for their creativity though, i guess they were one of the first people to start entertainment shows on niga tv. but their time is passed.
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by bjibola: 10:48pm On Apr 01, 2008
Usually don't come to this section, I should guess this is TV/Movies section. Men, when i saw this topic on the front page of nairaland, I couldn't resist opening the page and dropping my comment

Men, from Eternity to Eternity, Kenny, D1 and ID on the street suck. Kenny and D1 are like dumb and dumber trying to feel all cool, funky and shit, of course wit Kenny being the dumber partner. And what's with ID on the street with his fake american accent and all. Him i absolutely can't stand. He his absolutely VOMITROCIOUS. And i support all those that think they should retire and pass the baton cos they needed to have done that like years back. Maybe, they will see this and realize they aren't so hot after all. Keep this thread going and alive please.
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by jemit(m): 10:59pm On Apr 01, 2008
bjibola:

Usually don't come to this section, I should guess this is TV/Movies section. Men, when i saw this topic on the front page of nairaland, I couldn't resist opening the page and dropping my comment

Men, from Eternity to Eternity, Kenny, D1 and ID on the street suck. Kenny and D1 are like dumb and dumber trying to feel all cool, funky and shit, of course wit Kenny being the dumber partner. And what's with ID on the street with his fake american accent and all. Him i absolutely can't stand. He his absolutely VOMITROCIOUS. And i support all those that think they should retire and pass the baton because they needed to have done that like years back. Maybe, they will see this and realize they aren't so hot after all. Keep this thread going and alive please.

hey dude, i guess dat was quite nasty tongue grin
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by namski(m): 10:59pm On Apr 01, 2008
I tell u what - this is the very forum. Once I am bored I come over here to have a very good laugh. I quite agree with the fact that the guys have tried and should bow out now. By the way, could anyone tell me. Where the guys in any way involved with the near liquidation of AIT and RayPower FM sometime earlier part of this decade? You remember the time they (ie, Daar Communications) went begging at the streets of Lagos.
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by dee007(m): 11:04pm On Apr 01, 2008
@ poster God bless u for this post.

Truly these guys deserves commendations from us being the ones that pioneered hip hop in Nigeria. But it is time for them to leave the stage for younger ones who are more enlightened about things around them, energetic, vibrant etc. They should just be there to play supervisory roles to these young presenters. I think there was a time they experimented with Koko and Tito (Eyiyemi Pratt & Otus) and it was ok. I wonder y they can't just do auditions and pick d best.
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by helenagirl(f): 11:18pm On Apr 01, 2008
To divaNaija i say AMEN![b][/b] wink

To vislabraye i say well said smiley

To jaymes i say, plssssssssssssssssss. angry The major point here is do they grace our tv? personally they disgrace it. the part i hate most is when they tell us where the've been to and where they bought what, its soooooooooooooo childish. even my little bro can do better.
what we want now is someone our age who can relate well to us. Take for example the likes of denrele of souncity and d of hip tv. cheesy grin smiley Those guys are it not some old boring set of guys who'se aim is to disgrace out tv. I THINK THEY SUCK! angry
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by dee02(m): 12:08am On Apr 02, 2008
Dem clueless dimwits nattering away on the television dont wanna be seen no more

Itz about time them freaks called KEKE and D1 piss d fu*k off
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by touche(m): 12:29am On Apr 02, 2008
Very interesting topic!! Front page coverage, the admin of this site must be very mischievous wink cheesy. Its true that Kenny, D-1 & ID are not so cool, boring, make grammatical errors, not so funny (but laugh too hard @ their own jokes) etc. The Nigerian entertainment scene need some spicing up and they had the balls to do it.

Therefore, they deserve some credit.
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by kaytyler: 1:45am On Apr 02, 2008
hummm GOD knows they are boring, they act up on camera , they are not real
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by jaymes(m): 2:00am On Apr 02, 2008
helenagirl:

To divaNaija i say AMEN![b][/b] wink

To vislabraye i say well said smiley

To jaymes i say, plssssssssssssssssss. angry The major point here is do they grace our tv? personally they disgrace it. the part i hate most is when they tell us where the've been to and where they bought what, its soooooooooooooo childish. even my little bro can do better.
what we want now is someone our age who can relate well to us. Take for example the likes of denrele of souncity and d of hip tv. cheesy grin smiley Those guys are it not some old boring set of guys who'se aim is to disgrace out tv. I THINK THEY SUCK! angry

To helenagirl:
like i don't why everyone is spitting a lot of bullocks! Keke and D-One started their business empire from scratch, so i think they know when they are too old, too fat, too funny or whatever for their own show. i mean its not like you'all pay to watch thier show, It's FREE! so if u don't feel like watching the their show get the remote control, what happened to your fingers! and stop beefing! Keke and D-one are still going to go to bank whether u like it or not! i mean they are like in every major entertainment buzz in the country! FACT: THE SKY IS THE LIMIT FOR KEKE AND D-ONE!!! wink
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by helenagirl(f): 2:28am On Apr 02, 2008
To helenagirl:
like i don't why everyone is spitting a lot of bullocks! Keke and D-One started their business empire from scratch, so i think they know when they are too old, too fat, too funny or whatever for their own show. i mean its not like you'all pay to watch their show, It's FREE! so if u don't feel like watching the their show get the remote control, what happened to your fingers! and stop beefing! Keke and D-one are still going to go to bank whether u like it or not! i mean they are like in every major entertainment buzz in the country! [b]FACT: THE SKY IS THE LIMIT FOR KEKE AND D-ONE!!!

i no blame u, e bi like say u neva go bank b4 undecided
Nobody is disputin d fact that they'r smilin to d bank, the issue is, do we think they are boring n i'm sure u know my own stand. We don't even know urs cos it seems d only thing u watch on your black n white tv is who's rich n whos not.
Try and get a coloured tv n then tell us again what u think. tongue
Just so u knw, my just flippin tru my tv to see their so called FREE but annoying program adds to their talk abt it been one of the most watched program on tv wink
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by ayokun: 4:11am On Apr 02, 2008
U guys are right; kenny & d1 have overstayed their welcome and everyone (most people I know, anyway) is tired of seeing them. But I doubt they will do us all a big favour and quit presenting the show. Anyway, methink they same 'siddon syndrone' that has been infecting our politicians for decades has now made it into the entertainment industry.
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by Needlelady(f): 5:37am On Apr 02, 2008
If any of them annoys you, why not mind you business? I have never been interested in them, they do not affect my life in any way neither does mine affect theirs. Why should I care? In the same vein, why should they give a damn about me. Leave them alone jare, they are trying to survive like any other citizen. If they are on channel 1, switch to channel 2 etc, it's not that hard, is it?
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by ehie007(m): 7:08am On Apr 02, 2008
They are no that bad.
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by bjibola: 7:41am On Apr 02, 2008
Not everyone realizes its best to leave the stage when the ovation is at the loudest. Kudos to them for what they pioneered, but men if they dont have the simply grace to leave now, they might end up leaving in disgrace. Didn't know so many peps are of like mind like me that there presentation just SUCK.
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by vic001: 8:08am On Apr 02, 2008
Definetely the duo should get out when the ovation is still loudest.With all their forming of still be young!!!I just dont get it.

Abeg they are boring and silly for not acting their age
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by kingdong(m): 8:42am On Apr 02, 2008
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by shawn123: 8:55am On Apr 02, 2008
They are boring, annoying, lack humor, dumb. and worst of all raz with the fake accent. Guys should still remember that we have excellent presenters in naija. the likes of Olajumoke ALao, now when people like that present you know you are watching t.v. Not everybody is meant for t.v, some are just meant to produce and thats it, they have no talent at all, cry
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by twinstaiye(m): 9:11am On Apr 02, 2008
I was tempted to post on this thread with numerous comments I had read so far. Did I hear you people say they are BORING? you got to be kidding me. The truth is a lot of anti Kenny and D1 here are typical Nigerians who does not recognise hard work and dedication, but always prefer to put the blame of their agony on those who has made it. The pairs of kenny and d1 started from the scratch, and am sure a lots of you guys here were still in primary or secondary schools when they revolutionise the music industry. The pairs along the line and mostly when they started kennis music makes a lots of enemies, through not featuring some artiste that are not in their label etc, and am sure the backlog are what we are witnessing today. So if they are borring as most of you want us to believe, who are the alternatives? I mean I had not seen any young presenters who does not tow the way of those two inthis country, and to say this guy had gone International. They had done their best for the music industry, and I dont think this is what we should use to pay them back. Most of the anti kenny and d1 here are those whom their favourite artiste are not being featured by kennis music in majority of their shows and record label.
I dont think they are boring, I think they are entertaining, Boring is a very strong words to use if you all mean that they should pass the baton to younger presenters, and to this, I still insist that, the best they could do in this scenarios is to probably start another programme with a younger presenter while they continue to anchor their own shows. Let us recognise hard work and let us always imbibe the spirit of tolerance, I wonder what majority of you guys will say today, if the pairs of kenny and d1 are not Nigerians, I bet we wont say they are boring.
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by Dalby(m): 9:18am On Apr 02, 2008
They are better poised at being managers, with all the links they have locally and internationally. They actually have no business being show presenters wink
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by shawn123: 9:20am On Apr 02, 2008
some of us seem to be getting this thread all wrong, the question is are they boring or not? they are boring and thats simple, no one is saying they didnt revolutionise the music industry in Naija. Am sure someone invented rap music, right now there are alot of young rappers with more money and talent than whoever invented it. They are boring on t.v simple, they are supposed to be successfull right? so they can as well hire a good presenter for these shows. In buisness you dont show sympathy but empathy. They might be good buisness men but not good artists , these are 2 differenet things. The truth is the viewer based of this program as dropped drastically. Just you wait and see, as this thread goes on their will be a vote and we shall all see the percentage. The truth is bitter but someone as to say it.
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by Tgirl6: 9:26am On Apr 02, 2008
how can u compare Dan foster who is a radio presenter with keke n D1, na yoruba phonetics Dan foster dey speak? besides ur radio get screen wey u dey take look danfoster?, then Larry King be keke n D1 mate? abi u dey see am dey present musical programme? as a matter of fact he's age realy suits the programme he presents, at least he even grants interviews to some of his age mates, keke n D1 are actualy quite overgrown for dat music show they present esp. keke,
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by shawn123: 9:28am On Apr 02, 2008
Dalby:

They are better poised at being managers, with all the links they have locally and internationally. They actually have no business being show presenters wink
well said man, that is all i have to trying to say
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by jkpretty(f): 9:42am On Apr 02, 2008
Oh my God, they bore to death.

And to those stating their achievements for Nigeria. Abeggi, are they the first set of people that will do Nigeria a favour? SO that should be the reason why they should sit there and not give other people a chance. To call them AGBAYA is still an understatement. If truly their interest is to make a better name for Nigeria in the music industry, they should simply be & remain as "Baba Isale" And bring up new & presentable people. There's even more respect in that. Haba!

As for that "ID on the street" thingy? I'm still wondering why agbayaism has to flow in the Ogungbe's family. lipsrsealed Obviously they were deprived of going for T.V programmes when they were kids. tongue

As for D1, even if kenny is that childish, "don't u have a brain of ur own". Pathetic!
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by taciturn(m): 9:49am On Apr 02, 2008
Dear Baba God,Olodumore,A.l.l.a.h,Chineke,The I’ am that I am, The one without whom my life wil hav no meaning, Eternal rock of Ages, the Alpha, Omega, creator of Heaven n Earth, Prince of Prince, Lord of Lords. . . .Please let the duo of Kenny and D-1 read all this. Please God, Direct them to Nairaland Front Page and let them SEEEEE O.

Some hav eyes but cannot see, some can see but hav no Eye, Let Kenny n D-1 be able to SEE n d crowd shall shout GLORY BE TO GOD ON HIGH!.

They should take a que from other guys like the Sound city Crew,   The stage is better vacated when the ovation is loudest.

NBA Honours Abn Tv, Channels, Tvc With Excellence Awards 2019 / Join The Best Leaks Tv On Whatsapp / New Movie: “Confusion Na Wa!"

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65