Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,680 members, 7,831,108 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:47 PM

Kenny And D-1: Boring! - TV/Movies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Kenny And D-1: Boring! (8703 Views)

8 TV Stations In Nigeria That Broadcast Annoying And Boring Programs / Your Most Boring TV Shows Currently Airing / What Is The Most Boring Movie You'd Ever Seen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by chii: 9:52am On Apr 02, 2008
You are all busy talking about Keke and D-1, I think who should take the 'king of all bores' should be ID ON THE STREET, he SUCKS
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by firstborn: 9:58am On Apr 02, 2008
chii:

You are all busy talking about Keke and D-1, I think who should take the 'king of all bores' should be ID ON THE STREET, he SUCKS

U JUST SAID MY MIND. BUT I TOO THINK KENNY SHOULD GO AND ALLOW D1 AND ANOTHER GUY OR TWO TO JOIN HIM AND FRESHEN THINGS UP. THEY ARE REAL FAKES TO ME.
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by Emad(f): 10:01am On Apr 02, 2008
I think those two men shd be caught and shot
they are crooks
angry angry ripping the boys off with their deals
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by divanaija1: 10:10am On Apr 02, 2008
Dalby:

They are better poised at being managers, with all the links they have locally and internationally. They actually have no business being show presenters wink
taciturn:

They should take a que from other guys like the Sound city Crew,   The stage is better vacated when the ovation is loudest.

Opari.Shikena. + double GBAM GBAM!!
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by lekywhite(m): 10:14am On Apr 02, 2008
Well they may be boring to you guys, to others they are the best presenters.

No matter how much you guys criticize them, the duo are making their money and their fame keeps spreading, so guys make una leave matter ooooooo!
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by delegiwa(m): 10:15am On Apr 02, 2008
Let us not digress from the issue.  The question is if they are boring and they are boring.  I noticed their fake accents way back 2002 and that was when I stopped watching their show.

They may be good managers and have obviously done well for themselves but THEY ARE BORING!!!
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by divanaija1: 10:17am On Apr 02, 2008
I can see we hav some >>>>KK & D1<<<<<staffs on board cheesy better still ta pass da message

Abi na the duo in Chameleon clothing sef?  undecided
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by kemisuga(f): 11:01am On Apr 02, 2008
Leave them alone ooh. Na you Sabi lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by seyiak: 11:33am On Apr 02, 2008
I quite agree with you guys,i realise anytime i see them on T.v, I always change the station,they are frustrating boring,both kenny & ID, & pls is there anyone in the house dat can advise Kenny st. Brown to go back to hip hop &
stop deceiving herself.
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by Blackcat(f): 12:15pm On Apr 02, 2008
Stop hating,
They should continue with their show that's how legends are made.
Oprah is old has she quit her show?
Jerry Springer has he quit his?
Whats the name of that old man on CNN again, has he quit his?
Please stop hating angry
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by hafees: 12:24pm On Apr 02, 2008
like i don't why everyone is spitting a lot of bullocks! Keke and D-One started their business empire from scratch, so i think they know when they are too old, too fat, too funny or whatever for their own show. i mean its not like you'all pay to watch their show, It's FREE! so if u don't feel like watching the their show get the remote control, what happened to your fingers! and stop beefing! Keke and D-one are still going to go to bank whether u like it or not! i mean they are like in every major entertainment buzz in the country! [b]FACT: THE SKY IS THE LIMIT FOR KEKE AND D-ONE!!!

fine they are older than all the presenters on tv and so what. many Nigerians need to educate themselves about how these things work: If people dont watch their shows they wont get advert and they wont stay on air cus of payment of air time. These guys have sets of people they appeal to older people from late twenties and have you observed the structure of their programme?, it has moved from the'whats-up or yo!' kind of presentations you expect. they do more top notch interviews, bring live performances, go to awards, etc not just sit in the studios and play popular musical videos. i hope these explains everything, if you are 17 to maybe 24 they are probably not for you. to me they are showing great understanding of audience classification.
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by lekywhite(m): 12:38pm On Apr 02, 2008
You guys should leave kk and d1 alone, They are gr8 presenters, if u dont like them for the excuse that they are boring, then go and start your own show and spice it up.
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by lami4life(f): 12:40pm On Apr 02, 2008
chii:

Word!

Now, dat one needs checkup.
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by whateva(m): 12:56pm On Apr 02, 2008
More grease to their palm and moe power to their elbow they will move from strength 2 strength they will never fall the sky is just the beginning for the duo i like the duo they are humble
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by replenish(f): 1:01pm On Apr 02, 2008
Blackcat:

Stop hating,
Please stop hating angry

I totally agree with u, but in a suituation where they are desperately trying hard to present like the younger generations ,then people will definately find their programme boring.

Apart from Jerry Springer, Oprah and larry King presents serious programme for serious minded people and not musicals like the Duo of Kenny nd D1
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by namzo(m): 1:06pm On Apr 02, 2008
I respect their experience and their contributions to d industry but they'll DAMN BORING!!! angry Wheneva i watch the show i just expectd musicals.  I think D1's better off than d others.
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by DoubleN(m): 1:32pm On Apr 02, 2008
A time comes in a man life when he has made great achievements and he has to bow out and pass the torch over to someone else .The Duo of Keke and D1 just do not understand this. They are too old to be acting 20!
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by rman: 1:50pm On Apr 02, 2008
I completely agree with the poster. For those saying they revolutionalised the music industry in Naija,yes they are right. But the topic says 'KENNY AND D1 BORING', so your reply should be to the post and not comment on how successful they are.

Those guys are not only boring but childish.I stopped watching them like 8yrs ago. They are not professionals at all. Anyone that have seen quality TV presenters should not even give any props to these guys. I was quite suprised when I read some posts saying they are good.

The kind of programme you present should determine your carriage. Music goes with a lot of things (Sports, Fashion, Movies etc). It is the youths that are interested in these things the most. I think presenters of musical programmes should be young. Even the guy that does unleash the 80's on STV looks young to me or more matured.
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by ItsNaija(m): 1:53pm On Apr 02, 2008
PLEASE JUST LET THEM THEY DO THEIR PROGRAM

WHAT IS ALL YOUR PROBLEM

EVEN THEY ARE OLD FOR THE PROGRAM , THEY HAVE PLAN THEM SELF, THAT WHY THEY ARE STILL DOING IT

PLEASE GO START YOUR OWN SHOW,

BUT TIME FOR TV STATION OR EVEN RADIO, GET YOUR OWN CAMERA OR TAPE RECORDER, GO OUT AND START DOING YOUR THING

I WANT EVERYBODY KNOW THIS THAT IF YOU CONDEMN PEOPLE YOU WE ALSO BE CONDEMN WHEN YOU REACH THEIR STAGE

I KNOW ALL THIS PEOPLE TALKING DID NOT HAVE A COMPANY

PLEASE TRY SETUP A COMPANY

EMPLOY PEOPLE AND PAY THEM SALARY AND SEE

PLEASE I NEED REPLY
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by Carlosein(m): 1:58pm On Apr 02, 2008
Blackcat:

Stop hating,
Please stop hating angry

blackcat, you r kidding right?
the question is "ARE THEY BORING?" and in my opinion THEY BORE TO DEATH!!!

if u say it's hating, i ask you what u call this:

this is world famous D1 (actually a clown) with world famous keke (bycicle undecided, daft, dumb, incoherent- need i go on)

followed around by the not so famous professor(dey wan kill somebody?)

id on the street (he shud be in a straight jacket!)

what is dat one professing when he can't speak simple correct english. shocked

hafees:

fine they are older than all the presenters on tv and so what. many Nigerians need to educate themselves about how these things work: If people don't watch their shows they wont get advert and they wont stay on air cus of payment of air time. These guys have sets of people they appeal to older people from late twenties and have you observed the structure of their programme?, it has moved from the'whats-up or yo!' kind of presentations you expect. they do more top notch interviews, bring live performances, go to awards, etc not just sit in the studios and play popular musical videos. i hope these explains everything, if you are 17 to maybe 24 they are probably not for you. to me they are showing great understanding of audience classification.

okay u try this is my best april fool so far ( i mean someone actually

saying we hate keke and d1 and d aimless midget on the street)
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by spiderman(m): 2:15pm On Apr 02, 2008
who are these guys uall are talking 'bout, sorry for them! undecided
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by Blackcat(f): 3:06pm On Apr 02, 2008
Carlosein:

blackcat, you r kidding right?
the question is "ARE THEY BORING?" and in my opinion THEY BORE TO DEATH!!!

I believe there are lots of other channels to watch. Just change the channel if they are boring or better still send them your comments.

Carlosein:

if u say it's hating, i ask you what u call this:

this is world famous D1 (actually a clown) with world famous keke (bycicle undecided, daft, dumb, incoherent- need i go on)

followed around by the not so famous professor(dey wan kill somebody?)

id on the street (he should be in a straight jacket!)

what is that one professing when he can't speak simple correct english. shocked

okay u try this is my best april fool so far ( i mean someone actually

saying we hate keke and d1 and d aimless midget on the street)

I call it self praise grin If you don't blow your trumpet who will do it for you? smiley
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by babycool(f): 3:08pm On Apr 02, 2008
In my opinion D-1 is so booooooring and Kenny so anooooooooying, such a yucky combination  tongue  tongue  tongue
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by Modups1(f): 3:18pm On Apr 02, 2008
back to d topic

yes they r boring especially kenny & id, i can still tolerate d1 small
d idea of d show has always been good its just d presentation dats all wrong embarassed
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by berre(f): 3:34pm On Apr 02, 2008
Kenny sucks with his fake boring niggy attitide. D1 still dey try sha.
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by dude(m): 5:41pm On Apr 02, 2008
No doubt Kenny and D1 have paid their dues in the industry, and their "Investment" ( that's how i see it) have not been disappointed. but isssue here is centred around the TV/Radio programmes they love to dominate and are identified with. Personally, i think the issue speaks for itself. D1 himself once acknowledged (in an interview with Dynamix magazine) the popular public perception about him and keke gracing the TV/radio programmes, but went ahead to say he's doing what he enjoy's and will not quit the scene because the public feels he's too old for the job. now that really sucks! i remember asking myself if they were presenting for themselves or for the benefit of the public. now if your target audience feels you are outdated, why sacrifice professionalism on the alter of Ego by insisting on doing the presentation? Guyz, the duo of keke and D1 are very much aware of how the public views their mischievious and nuisance on air, pride and Ego just wont let them pass the baton.

Reality is their shows have lost considerable audience as the likes of sound city, video walls, hip TV and others have taken over. note my words, the "Life begins at fifties" will sooner than later get kicked out
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by Scopium: 5:53pm On Apr 02, 2008
[size=13pt]Those two sucks the fucking life out of presentation especially keke[/size]
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by pappilo(m): 6:23pm On Apr 02, 2008
The last time I saw kenny, D1 and ID on TV must have been like '99. Are they still putting on their fake accents? The only one I could stand was D1 because he looked young and he really didnt fake any stupid accent. That keke must be like 50 years old now!

All the peeps comparing their show to Larry king live and Jerry springer must have screws lose. The poster that posted 'imagine having Larry king hosting TRL' has said it all.

Even though I hate that Keke guy the truth must be told; he and his team opened the doors for a lot of young people in Naija.
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by eshin247: 1:39am On Apr 03, 2008
all those waitin to take over from kenny and D1 should give them a job in aso rock first! cos like every other workaholic you can't sit around doing nothin. period
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by adedapoo(f): 4:18am On Apr 03, 2008
i totally agree with u. those guy are soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo boring, personally i think they should be banned from our networks
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by ayexel: 5:33am On Apr 03, 2008
At least most guyz still acknowledge thier contribution to the nigeria music scene and believe their show is stiil ok although have been overtaken by other shows like sound city and the best on tv today hip tv.May be they need to take a clue from Big Larry of the Brila fame and come on stage once in a while.Kenny n D one we love u.
Re: Kenny And D-1: Boring! by AINEE(m): 7:22am On Apr 03, 2008
What else to we need to say those guys are plain annoying, any sensibleman should know when to quit and its supposed to be when the ovation is loudest, its a pity they don`t do surveys to guage peoples perception about them or they are just decieved by their croonies. Why should an old man come on air and start clowing in the name of presenting (KEKE).please someone should tell them that they have tried but its time to leave the stage

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

OJUJU Movie Trailer- A C.J Obasi Film / Join The Best Leaks Tv On Whatsapp / NBA Honours Abn Tv, Channels, Tvc With Excellence Awards 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.