Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,043 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Website Reviews Wanted - Farriel - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website Reviews Wanted - Farriel (1343 Views)

Website Reviews (Airline Flight And Booking Website) / Website Reviews Of Nigeria Newspapers / Website Reviews, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Website Reviews Wanted - Farriel by Farriel(m): 8:17pm On Aug 12, 2005
Reviews Wanted

Here are some designs I'm currently working on : http://farriel.v26.com/hadid_main.htm , http://farriel.v26.com/mcneil_index.htm , http://farriel.v26.com/diji.htm

I'd appreciate your honest reviews.

(By the way, for accessibility reasons for the owners of these sites except McNeil, which is mine, images have been used for most things, instead of tidying up my codes with CSS. Naturally, there'd be too many errors if you run it through the W3C Validator.)

Just the home pages have been done though, this is to facilitate easy modifications to match clients tastes.
Re: Website Reviews Wanted - Farriel by smartsoft(m): 10:43pm On Aug 18, 2005
i must confess bravo shocked looks prefessional. good men..
Re: Website Reviews Wanted - Farriel by kazey(m): 2:08am On Aug 19, 2005
Is This not a Template? you really need a honest review? I doubt so. thats for the first url. the second url is too imagish. can't review images. the third one same thing. You should considered using a lot of plain adaptable backgrounds.

Simplify your designs. Web Design is not that complex. Simplicity is professionality. I am a nasty critic so dont mind me smiley
Re: Website Reviews Wanted - Farriel by Seun(m): 2:40pm On Aug 19, 2005
These are generally very good designs, Farriel. You're obviously talented at this. Let's see how much of the beauty in this static template you'll be able to preserve for the final working version.
Re: Website Reviews Wanted - Farriel by Farriel(m): 3:03pm On Aug 22, 2005
Well, thanks for the reviews. And to you Kazey, I've simply tried cutting design time and as such, there are lots of images no doubt, but on the final versions I'd make great use of CSS. And all in all, I believe these are simple.

And to you Seun, I'm flattered.

This is simply getting the client to approve of the design and once he's approved, I'd do it professionally.

I'd be hoping for more reviews, in the meantime, here's another one: http://farriel.v26.com/finima_main.htm
Re: Website Reviews Wanted - Farriel by kazey(m): 12:02am On Aug 23, 2005
hehehe you seem to love photoshop too much. You have the touch, but you need to convert it to css xhtml version , before i can really comment.

You are talented. I would PM for some stuffs.
Re: Website Reviews Wanted - Farriel by Farriel(m): 5:41pm On Aug 23, 2005
Well I use Fireworks. To me, PS sucks to some extent in terms of the integration between it and DW.
Re: Website Reviews Wanted - Farriel by kazey(m): 7:49pm On Aug 23, 2005
hum wyiswyg editor with standard. well sha thats ure tool.
Re: Website Reviews Wanted - Farriel by Farriel(m): 3:06pm On Aug 24, 2005
I don't understand you Kazey, what's that with WYSIWYG editor with standard?
Re: Website Reviews Wanted - Farriel by kazey(m): 12:18am On Aug 25, 2005
You use dreamweaver? am i right?
Re: Website Reviews Wanted - Farriel by Farriel(m): 5:51pm On Aug 26, 2005
It's the industry standard, so yes, I use it.
Re: Website Reviews Wanted - Farriel by smartsoft(m): 2:24pm On Aug 30, 2005
Yeah good Fireworks is pretty nice.. PS sucks to me ooooooooooo !
Re: Website Reviews Wanted - Farriel by kazey(m): 2:34pm On Aug 30, 2005
Cos you can't use it? tongue kidding
Re: Website Reviews Wanted - Farriel by Farriel(m): 2:17pm On Aug 31, 2005
I think one of the reasons I'm not using PS is due to its complex workflow. Create layer, duplicate layer, mask layer, hide layer, all that's quite an upheal task while trying to get some basic operations done. So maybe its because I can't use it that I think it sucks. Sucks real hard, real bad. IMO, for web graphics, FW. For image editing, PS
Re: Website Reviews Wanted - Farriel by timmy(m): 5:35pm On Nov 19, 2005
see lazy guys condemning PS, that's the best graphics tool mother earth Can give to humanity, FW makes your images look so drowsy and it cant handle shadows well like PS, your designs are pretty cool(image-wise) but i still feel they would ave come out much better if you use PS, i use it and Ive told smartsoft to go into it to, but farriel u get some skill sha.. but...........
Re: Website Reviews Wanted - Farriel by Farriel(m): 2:41pm On Dec 10, 2005
Well Timmy, I don't consider myself a lazy person. I just use FW for the design and optimization of web graphics and use PS for very serious image editing. FW is the tool that I'm more comfortable with and think that your remark that it makes images appear drowsy are biased and unobjective.

Yes, PS is a great tool, the best even, but some folks just prefer FW to it, and I'm one of 'em.
Re: Website Reviews Wanted - Farriel by Afam(m): 3:30pm On Dec 10, 2005
I am also a huge fan of FW and will not even contemplate on switching to any other image editing tool.

A good knowledge of any tool is enough to produce good graphics
Re: Website Reviews Wanted - Farriel by Farriel(m): 3:38pm On Dec 10, 2005
I agree Afam. It's very important to know an app very well and use it to the fullest, even though there are better apps in it's genre out there - rather than try to use something you're not OK with, but using it because it's what everybody's using.
Re: Website Reviews Wanted - Farriel by timmy(m): 8:07pm On Dec 17, 2005
sometimes u have to go to the xtrim of your skills to get a better result,fireworks is good tongue (lying) no doubt but the best of graphics come from fotoshop... anyways you guys had better dump fireworks cos adobe just bought over macromedia and that means BYEBYE to fireworks (finally that junk app gets punked grin)
Re: Website Reviews Wanted - Farriel by Farriel(m): 5:24pm On Dec 19, 2005
Well Timmy, I never go to the 'xtrim' of my skills to get better results in Fireworks. The best of graphics comes from Photoshop, that is undisputable. I'm in no way placing FW on par with PS, I'm only saying it works for me.

By the way, to burst your bubble, Fireworks would continue to be a part of the Macromedia Studio suite. Adobe's acquisition can in no way affect that, OK? And hey man, FW is NOT a junk app.
Re: Website Reviews Wanted - Farriel by timmy(m): 5:28pm On Dec 21, 2005
lol, who says fotoshop remains... du u know dat a mini collection was just released and only DW and Flash where in it, and just about then fotoshop cs2 also came out, see

and for flash users you can now import psd files into flash grin
Re: Website Reviews Wanted - Farriel by Farriel(m): 3:43pm On Dec 23, 2005
You seem extremely pleased with any thing that undermines the power of FW, don't you Timmy? Anywayz, have fun with your Photoshop, while I have fun with my Fireworks.

(1) (Reply)

Sms Gateway Help! / Www.naijatweets.com - What Nigerians On Twitter Are Saying / Best And Worst Government Websites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.