Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,800 members, 7,866,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 11:31 AM

FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season - Sports (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season (24698 Views)

FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped / Yaya Toure Is BBC African Footballer For 2013 / Super Eagles Match Statistics For 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by Nobody: 4:37am On Jun 12, 2013
^^ as we have seen lately, that Ferrari WAS fast but now the RBR team has gotten their upgrades right and now it is matching Ferrari's tempo. who are you trying to fool here? didnt you see who had the fastest lap in Canada?
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 5:30am On Jun 12, 2013
Vettel extends deal with Red Bull till 2015!

MRbrownJAY: ^^ as we have seen lately, that Ferrari WAS fast but now the RBR team has gotten their upgrades right and now it is matching Ferrari's tempo. who are you trying to fool here? didnt you see who had the fastest lap in Canada?
Why are you using the example of just one race? We are talking of overall performance! We saw what Alonso did even without DRS in one of the races
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 12, 2013
^^ we all know these cars by now....... if both RBR share the fastest lap on a track then chances are something has been done to these cars. now the real battle of the greats will surely begin!
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by babyboy3(m): 12:08pm On Jun 12, 2013
MRbrownJAY: ^^ as we have seen lately, that Ferrari WAS fast but now the RBR team has gotten their upgrades right and now it is matching Ferrari's tempo. who are you trying to fool here? didnt you see who had the fastest lap in Canada?

Mark Webber set the fastest lap some seconds after Fernando Alonso had already set the fastest lap, even the without the DRS Lewis couldnt pass the Ferrari, Massa didnt need the DRS to pass some drivers
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jun 12, 2013
^^ bro, i was actually saying that RBR was fast, get your glasses on instead of indirectly agreeing to what i was saying!

again, there are three groups of teams out there this year....... the TOP teams, the MIDDLE teams and then the BOTTOM ones.....Ferrari, RBR and "sometimes" Lotus are in the top group. Mc Laren, Mercedes, Force India, Williams, and Sauber (bottom status still in debate) are all part of the middle group.....the rest are just bottom teams.

winning a race doesnt automatically make any team a TOP team, lets get real pls!

this is why you have cars like the RBR that have front wing damages and STILL can pop fastest lap, or Ferraris without DRS and still can get in the top ten....... thats TOP teams for you. dont compare these with any other teams out there, there are in a league of their own (when they get their act/cars together)
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 7:46pm On Jun 12, 2013
All we are saying is Alonso and his fanboys do not have any excuse this year should Vettel hand him his a$$ for the third time
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by omar22(m): 9:19pm On Jun 12, 2013
MRbrownJAY: ^^ bro, i was actually saying that RBR was fast, get your glasses on instead of indirectly agreeing to what i was saying!

again, there are three groups of teams out there this year....... the TOP teams, the MIDDLE teams and then the BOTTOM ones.....Ferrari, RBR and "sometimes" Lotus are in the top group. Mc Laren, Mercedes, Force India, Williams, and Sauber (bottom status still in debate) are all part of the middle group.....the rest are just bottom teams.

winning a race doesnt automatically make any team a TOP team, lets get real pls!

this is why you have cars like the RBR that have front wing damages and STILL can pop fastest lap, or Ferraris without DRS and still can get in the top ten....... thats TOP teams for you. dont compare these with any other teams out there, there are in a league of their own (when they get their act/cars together)

Shame McLaren had to bin the 2012 car which they are not required to just to build a real donkey of a car! The 2012 car would have given these 2 a good run but whoever made the decision to rebuild should be fired
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by babyboy3(m): 6:23am On Jun 13, 2013
MRbrownJAY: ^^

Calm down, all am saying is that Fernando has no excuse this season.

Bolded: I think your wrong? Webber's damaged wing, still had the correct airflow around and under the car, Webber was able to get away with it because the Canadian circuit is all about slow corners, heavy breaking and high traction, with that same damaged wing at a circuit like Seipang, Spa, Silverstone or Suzuka that has extremely fast corners, webber would definitely have change his front wing because he loose alot of down-force.
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by Nobody: 7:43am On Jun 13, 2013
baby-boy:

Calm down, all am saying is that Fernando has no excuse this season.

Bolded: I think your wrong? Webber's damaged wing, still had the correct airflow around and under the car, Webber was able to get away with it because the Canadian circuit is all about slow corners, heavy breaking and high traction, with that same damaged wing at a circuit like Seipang, Spa, Silverstone or Suzuka that has extremely fast corners, webber would definitely have change his front wing because he loose alot of down-force.

bro, we have to be realistic here, YES at the beginning of the season the Ferrari was a bit faster than the RBR, but it is now gone. its obvious, if sunday drivers like Webber can pull fastest laps then definitely their car has been upgraded and now is "as fast", if not faster than the Ferrari....... but, for certain, the Ferrari is NO more alone on top. but dont despair, Alonso has still got plenty of chances to win this championship.

as for the damaged wing of Webber, if that part of the front wing wasnt needed in such circuit (as you claim) then it wouldnt have been there. come on now!
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by babyboy3(m): 9:51am On Jun 13, 2013
All am saying is that the Gilles Villeneuve circuit is not a highspeed circuit, if you could remember last season when Button had part of his wing broken when he ran into the HRT driver, immediately he lost a lot of down force and had to pit for a new wing... Canada is more like Monaco with 2 long straights, more braking and downshifts. Like I said that same wing at at Silverstone, well if he takes a normal speed through Beckett or Stowe with that wing well!!! The gravel at Silverstone is unforgiven...

I won’t rule Fernando out, but on the other hand I could rule him out going by history… the reason why I wont rule him out is because most of the European circuit favours McLaren and Ferrari but mostly McLaren.
(a) Silverstone 50/50 between RBR and Ferrari
(b) Nurburgring traditionally a McLaren track
(c) Hungarioring another McLaren track but mostly to whoever secures pole position.
(d) Spa McLaren or Ferrari
(e) Monza traditionally a Ferrari track
Now McLaren doesn’t have a car to write home about which leaves the door open for Ferrari to pick up maximum points, but the moment we leave Europe most of the circuits favours RBR because of the increase in amount of corners apart from Abu Dhabi and Brazil.. RBR could pick maximum points at Singapore, Japan, Korea, India, USA, Abu Dhabi and Brazil are lottery circuits.
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by biolabee(m): 10:04am On Jun 27, 2013
Red Bull driver Mark Webber has decided to leave F1 at the end of this season.
The 36-year-old Australian is joining German company Porsche's new sportscar programme, which includes an assault on the classic Le Mans 24 Hours.

Webber had options to stay in F1, either with Red Bull or another top team, but feels it is time to move on in his career.

Lotus's Kimi Raikkonen is favourite to replace him, with Toro Rosso's Daniel Ricciardo or Jean-Eric Vergne options.

Webber described it as an "honour" to race for Porsche, adding: "Porsche has written racing history as a manufacturer and stands for outstanding performance and technology at the highest level.

I have a hunch it wwill be kimi
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 27, 2013
^^^call me crazy but i could see Ham replacing him. nothing is impossible!
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 9:28pm On Jun 27, 2013
MRbrownJAY: ^^^call me crazy but i could see Ham replacing him. nothing is impossible!
Can Red Bull pay the kind of money Hamilton would demand? That's the question
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jun 28, 2013
^^^ i think, after a long yr looking at everyone exhaust, Ham will certainly reconsider his position on pay check. as brave as he may be, he wants to win races and only a fool would think that the Mercedes car can bring the glory that such fantastic driver requires. at the end of the day, these guys want to WIN TROPHIES, thats the only way they will be remembered....... thats what makes the difference.
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 1:24pm On Jun 29, 2013
Funny how good the Mercs are in practice and probably qualifying as well @ Silverstone its very possible that either of them would wind up on pole position whether they can stay there is anyone's guess
Vettel looks ready to pounce tho plus Alonso has been awful this weekend

MRbrownJAY: ^^^ i think, after a long yr looking at everyone exhaust, Ham will certainly reconsider his position on pay check. as brave as he may be, he wants to win races and only a fool would think that the Mercedes car can bring the glory that such fantastic driver requires. at the end of the day, these guys want to WIN TROPHIES, thats the only way they will be remembered....... thats what makes the difference.
Loool he went for the mullah tho! Let's see if he changes his stance because he couldn't possibly convince anyone that he joined the mercs to be able to compete
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 1:51pm On Jun 29, 2013
Vettel putting the hammer down so far
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by biolabee(m): 1:59pm On Jun 29, 2013
the mercs... first n second
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by A40(m): 3:26pm On Jun 29, 2013
Vettel and Webber 3rd and 4th! Alonso 10th grin grin grin
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 29, 2013
what kind of BS qualifying is this...the Ferraris has been really awful lately, or everyone else's upgrade are on point.
one thing you can always bank on in the UK, is the BS weather. BRING IT ON!
the Merc will again fade away within 10 laps, waste of time these lot.
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by babyboy3(m): 9:00pm On Jun 29, 2013
Lewis wasnt happy or comfortable with the braking system Merc was using but from Canada Merc has managed to integrate the same ones he was using at McLaren unto his car.

Lewis getting the brakes right was very important? Actually It has to be Merc that will have to get the brakes to Lewis's likings, but still the team having changed to CI discs and pads, the material he was used too they didn't managed that.
What's left is the calliper, Mercedes uses brembo while at mclaren it was acobano. Now they have integrated acobono onto Lewis's car.
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by biolabee(m): 12:25pm On Jun 30, 2013
Paul di resta to start from the back.. due to underweight car

he could be vettel's partner in red bull as he has been impressive this year
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 30, 2013
can you believe that?! sunny weather in the UK, of the few days that can happen in the UK, it had to come today!!!!
anyway, it will all happen at the start. its all about getting a great start.....at least Alonso is now on the good side of the track!

May Ham get in the the way of Vettel for as long as he possibly can!
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by biolabee(m): 1:03pm On Jun 30, 2013
Good start by LH and SV

How can webber be 14th?! that guy bad luck na wa - damage to end plate

good drive between button and alonso
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by biolabee(m): 1:04pm On Jun 30, 2013
will team orders come to play

Massa up ahead of alonso
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jun 30, 2013
WTF!!!!! Massa ended up 5th while Alonso is in 10th........ after the start, but Alonso is already gaining 2 places to 8th!
this is going to be a blinding race!
Webber, i just have to SMH.
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 30, 2013
biolabee: will team orders come to play
Massa up ahead of alonso

i am sure it will, Massa is no where near challenging at the top!
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by biolabee(m): 1:14pm On Jun 30, 2013
damn.... see the pass on button by webber

Sheet hamilton!!!
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 30, 2013
Ham punctured!!!!!! see how vettel chance is coming again. that devil he worships is working extra hard this yr!
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 30, 2013
angry
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jun 30, 2013
Lewis baby what happened ?
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by biolabee(m): 1:17pm On Jun 30, 2013
MRbrownJAY:

i am sure it will, Massa is no where near challenging at the top!

if only alonso can get close enuff

riccairdo is no not playing balll

adaobi123: angry

ada u dey here again?

MRbrownJAY: Ham punctured!!!!!! see how vettel chance is coming again. that devil he worships is working extra hard this yr!
serious overtime oooo
Re: FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 30, 2013
Vettel the juju master

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (27) (Reply)

Victor Boniface’s Grandmum Cheers Him As He Scores During A Match (Video) / Ronaldo Close To Returning To Man United: Alexis Sanchez Reportedly Not Happy / Eto'o Is Truly A Nigerian!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.