Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,955 members, 7,814,238 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

This Land- Celebrating 100 Years Of Nigeria ( Official Centenary Theme Song) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Land- Celebrating 100 Years Of Nigeria ( Official Centenary Theme Song) (4602 Views)

Nigeria Official Removed From International 'emerging Markets' Listing - Reuters / EFCC Probes Centenary City Project / Nigeria Direct: Nigeria's Official Web Portal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Land- Celebrating 100 Years Of Nigeria ( Official Centenary Theme Song) by kael: 2:24am On Feb 24, 2013
Truly inspiring and really makes a statement. it was released as part of the centenary activities.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49dhf936gs8
Re: This Land- Celebrating 100 Years Of Nigeria ( Official Centenary Theme Song) by nduchucks: 2:32am On Feb 24, 2013
[size=16pt]Beautiful People, Great Country. [/size] cool
Re: This Land- Celebrating 100 Years Of Nigeria ( Official Centenary Theme Song) by tpia1: 2:54am On Feb 24, 2013
just wondering if the country will scatter immediately after the 100 years.
Re: This Land- Celebrating 100 Years Of Nigeria ( Official Centenary Theme Song) by tpia1: 2:55am On Feb 24, 2013
Re: This Land- Celebrating 100 Years Of Nigeria ( Official Centenary Theme Song) by kael: 3:21am On Feb 24, 2013
this should be moved to the front page i don't think people have really seen this
Re: This Land- Celebrating 100 Years Of Nigeria ( Official Centenary Theme Song) by Nobody: 1:35am On Mar 03, 2013
And why wasn't this moved to front page? undecided
It shows the kinda unpatriotic f0Ols that Seun used as mods for this section. Mtcheew
Re: This Land- Celebrating 100 Years Of Nigeria ( Official Centenary Theme Song) by TheBookWorm: 2:17am On Mar 03, 2013
Nigeria's strength is within its diversity. If only the Nigerian populace and politicians could simply realize that.
Re: This Land- Celebrating 100 Years Of Nigeria ( Official Centenary Theme Song) by babapupa: 2:39am On Mar 03, 2013
This is not only nauseating, it's lousy and disingenuous representation of a failed and divided country where even parts of the country is a no go zone for the weak and incompetent leader of this failed nation.

I don't even know why these artist who should be speaking up join and participate in this shameful charade. I guess getting the own crumbs of the national cake means more to them than right or wrong.
Re: This Land- Celebrating 100 Years Of Nigeria ( Official Centenary Theme Song) by rooftech: 5:31am On Mar 03, 2013
celebrating a product of unholy alliance btw flora shaw and lord lugard. a product of formicating partners that has refused to weld
Re: This Land- Celebrating 100 Years Of Nigeria ( Official Centenary Theme Song) by koruji(m): 5:35am On Mar 03, 2013
Nobody is disputing this observation.
The real problem is that this kind of mindless celebration is the reason why the true value of our diversity will not be realized.
There is no basis for celebrating the actions of a colonial master which in reality marked the full takeover of our land and resources for exploitation.
It his action was so noble and worthy of celebration then the fight for independence which came 46 years later was worthless.

This kind of celebration shows that the people we have at the top are thoughtless.
[size=14pt]Nigerians one and all should curse the day Lord Lugard carried out this abomination, not celebrate it.

What do we call 2060 when it comes - a sub-centennial anniversary?

GEJ is the worst thing to happen toNigeria - I hope he gets deposed on Oct. 1 2014!!!
[/size]

TheBookWorm: Nigeria's strength is within its diversity. If only the Nigerian populace and politicians could simply realize that.
Re: This Land- Celebrating 100 Years Of Nigeria ( Official Centenary Theme Song) by OneNaira6: 6:06am On Mar 03, 2013
Celebrating a country that would probably divide before it reach 100 years. Interesting
Well some Nigerians like to celebrate so I am not going to bust their bubble, enjoy the celebration of 100 years of Nigeria.

Bye
Re: This Land- Celebrating 100 Years Of Nigeria ( Official Centenary Theme Song) by kufre2010: 9:14am On Mar 03, 2013
I never see Calabar cultural dress there ooh. When i see i wil comment.
Re: This Land- Celebrating 100 Years Of Nigeria ( Official Centenary Theme Song) by tomakint: 9:37am On Mar 03, 2013
First thing first, I thank the Good God of Heaven for counting me worthy to be alive to be part of this epoch-making celebration it is my prayer that when the time finally arrives, may we all be part of it! Really, Nigeria is going through a phase, and I believe there is still hope for this COUNTRY! cool
Re: This Land- Celebrating 100 Years Of Nigeria ( Official Centenary Theme Song) by Boss13: 10:51am On Mar 03, 2013
This song is really inspiring and gives hope to believe in this entity called Nigeria, even in the midst of commotion, poverty and insecurity. I believe we need more of this song to draw us back to the very basis of our existence. Nigeria is our country, Nigeria is our home. Our diversity is a blessing and not a curse. God save Nigeria.
Re: This Land- Celebrating 100 Years Of Nigeria ( Official Centenary Theme Song) by Nobody: 2:33pm On Mar 03, 2013
all these tribal issh is propaganda. There has been various intertribal marriages. Infact most of our celebrities are intertribal. On nigerian streets, the average Nigerian doesn't hate on another tribe. Different tribes migrate to other regions...this is the reason why Nigerian can not divide....the more the old cargoes are dying...the more united we'll become. Though some stupid parents will still be transferring the falsehood history of wars and everything to their kids, but the detribalised ones will always be the majority. All the boko shit will end just like the biafran war.
Re: This Land- Celebrating 100 Years Of Nigeria ( Official Centenary Theme Song) by funshybam(m): 4:31am On Nov 19, 2013
i no see the song download for mp3 ooooooooo... somebody help
Re: This Land- Celebrating 100 Years Of Nigeria ( Official Centenary Theme Song) by Tobbie9(m): 7:58am On Nov 19, 2013
I just downloaded d song now

what a waste of my precious mb
Re: This Land- Celebrating 100 Years Of Nigeria ( Official Centenary Theme Song) by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:18am On Nov 19, 2013
speedyboi: And why wasn't this moved to front page? undecided
It shows the kinda unpatriotic f0Ols that Seun used as mods for this section. Mtcheew
i'm amazed by foolishness as urs! This national anthem of, 'move it to the front page' has been explained by wise people to u fools and u won't stop singing it at even the oddest times!

Even if a thread has no post, post has the required number of views to make the front page, then it will move there as long as the topic is not childish!

Whatever sells moves, okay?

Dnt lemme call u a morin even though we knw u are!
Re: This Land- Celebrating 100 Years Of Nigeria ( Official Centenary Theme Song) by Gkiks1406(m): 2:03pm On Nov 24, 2013
In all things give thanks..........that what my religion preaches, how would we ever get it right when all we have to say about our country is always in the negative? If we can't move the country forward colectively we should not heap the blame on any individual!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You / How We Ended Up In A Man Made River In Owerri(enugu To Owerri) / That Clueless Region

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.