Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,810 members, 7,817,352 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? (28744 Views)

New Free 13gb Data Plane For Airtel-mtn-glo-etisalat Free Browsing For 4months / Unlock Your Mtn, Glo, Etisalat, Airtel And Multilinks Modem Here! / Best Tablet Out There To Buy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by Nobody: 10:10am On Feb 25, 2013
jagabanban: I just me a Windows Surface RT, and my experience so far has been . . . "wow! what a gadget!" It is the complete productivity machine for me considering the nature of my job. However, its only WIFI connectivity. This is really not a problem as I can easility tether the internet on my Android phone for any internet connection need. This way, I also manage my usage as I only pay for what I use.

What is wrong with the wifi conectivity of the windows surface?
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by Felixadded(m): 10:14am On Feb 25, 2013
olaolaking: I know about sanei very very well. it is cheap but you will hate it when you see other tablets. in fact you will hide it and you will be forced to buy another brand. I bought 2 and ship them to nigeria recently. PLEASE GO FOR NEXUS 10
Bros, Nexus 10 will cost like how much? U can contact me via 27B6C221 or felixadded@yahoo.com. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by Baroba(m): 10:21am On Feb 25, 2013
Lexusgs430: A blackberry playbook in conjunction with a 3G enabled blackberry phone + BIS. One of the best investment you will make this year.
Its the best combination, in Nigeria's present telecom setup.

I wonder what the battery drain is like when bridging a 3G enabled blackberry with the playbook, when you factor in epileptic power supply we have in Nigeria. Bluetooth drains battery.

Personally, for someone on the go, I will strongly recommend a 3G Nexus 7 tablet with its well over 4000+mah battery - with that, at least you are guaranteed connection for a long time without casting worrying eyes on your battery indicator.

Since money ain't a problem, why don't you just buy Samsung note 2, powerful battery (can last well over 24hrs) portable to carry in your pocket, bridges the gap between tablet and phone.

My two kobo...
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by chrisja(m): 10:28am On Feb 25, 2013
SimonAndal: DON'T BUY A
TABLET!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE PLANNED IN ILLUMATI TO DESTROY EARTH SOUL HUMAN!!!!!!!! EG. OBAMA'S SOUL MICROCHIP. HELL US REEAL..... BEWARE IF YOUR SOULS!!!!!
Are u ok? Wat kind ignorant christian are u? If u nor get bible abeg buy one and read and stop foolin oda christians wit such ignorant post..
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by TableLeg(m): 10:30am On Feb 25, 2013
SimonAndal: DON'T BUY A TABLET!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE PLANNED IN ILLUMATI TO DESTROY EARTH SOUL HUMAN!!!!!!!! EG. OBAMA'S SOUL MICROCHIP. HELL US REEAL..... BEWARE IF YOUR SOULS!!!!!
Idio...t!
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by Chigorkizz(m): 10:32am On Feb 25, 2013
Androne wrks beta 4 me.
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by boyotmet: 10:37am On Feb 25, 2013
SimonAndal: DON'T BUY A TABLET!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE PLANNED IN ILLUMATI TO DESTROY EARTH SOUL HUMAN!!!!!!!! EG. OBAMA'S SOUL MICROCHIP. HELL US REEAL..... BEWARE IF YOUR SOULS!!!!!

ur name na M.U.M..U
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by Lexusgs430: 10:48am On Feb 25, 2013
Baroba:

I wonder what the battery drain is like when bridging a 3G enabled blackberry with the playbook, when you factor in epileptic power supply we have in Nigeria. Bluetooth drains battery.

Personally, for someone on the go, I will strongly recommend a 3G Nexus 7 tablet with its well over 4000+mah battery - with that, at least you are guaranteed connection for a long time without casting worrying eyes on your battery indicator.

Since money ain't a problem, why don't you just buy Samsung note 2, powerful battery (can last well over 24hrs) portable to carry in your pocket, bridges the gap between tablet and phone.

My two kobo...

I will top what you have said, and still recommend a blackberry playbook + BlackBerry phone (3G enabled phone) and get a 12000 mah battery power pack.
Problem solved !!!!!

1 Like

Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by hammedkola(m): 11:04am On Feb 25, 2013
Well, just get a Samsung Galxay tab P7310, 10.1 inches

Subscribe for MTN BIS {#1,500}

Root it, install Droidvpn and Tun.ko

Upgrade the droidvpn account to premium {$5} and there you go...Unlimited and fast internet surfing for a month...

This is what i use and i enjoy it well, i stream videos on youtube without it buffering and also watch live matches on it...
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by cyrexx: 11:11am On Feb 25, 2013
Lexusgs430: A blackberry playbook in conjunction with a 3G enabled blackberry phone + BIS. One of the best investment you will make this year.
Its the best combination, in Nigeria's present telecom setup.

Good Sir, permit me to disagree with you

1. Playbook os (QNX) falls far behind ios and android os in terms of number of available useful applications and games. And many of them are free.
2. You can use airtel Bis on Android devices. I learnt you can also use mtn bis unlimited on Android devices too, though I've not tried it.
3. With rooted android, you have greater control over your device than you can have on any other platform. You can tweak your device to exactly your taste.
4. You don't need an extra phone (BB) to tether with android tablet to enjoy Internet on it unlike playbook tablet

This coming from someone who has used both playbook and nexus 7.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by Gabrielsylar(m): 11:12am On Feb 25, 2013
Panadol xtra
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 25, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: Panadol xtra

Coming from a technologically advanced watch maker, that is pitiful

1 Like

Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by chucky234(m): 11:15am On Feb 25, 2013
See English
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by Nobody: 11:21am On Feb 25, 2013
Well, i still prefer my nokia phone because of its ease of usage than the tablet phones.
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by pappy2000: 11:25am On Feb 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

Made in China, I presume?

No Its from the uk n I can give u gurantee that it will work if its faulty I will collect back
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by chucky234(m): 11:25am On Feb 25, 2013
hammedkola: Well, just get a Samsung Galxay tab P7310, 10.1 inches

Subscribe for MTN BIS {#1,500}

Root it, install Droidvpn and Tun.ko

Upgrade the droidvpn account to premium {$5} and there you go...Unlimited and fast internet surfing for a month...

This is what i use and i enjoy it well, i stream videos on youtube without it buffering and also watch live matches on it...
All this plenty problem just to use tablet,root it,install droidvpn,upgrade again.... Haba bros the stress too much na
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by chucky234(m): 11:26am On Feb 25, 2013
SimonAndal:
_
Dude my English's far better'n yours. Fact.
With that grammar wey you blow keep for there,guy enrol for adult school jare.
BTW your use of punctuation is just too pathetic,
English's? Guy just cool down find one cheap adult night school enrol yourself to cure your daft beetle-headed combobulated brain.
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by Vincent41(m): 11:28am On Feb 25, 2013
Logicboy03: Hello, I need to get a tablet to be using on the go in Nigeria for business. Price isnt the problem for me. However, I need internet servuces and I heard that some tablets might nor work properly with certain Nigerian telecoms (eg Glo or Mtn and co)

I heard the Ipad 3 works well on MTN with an OK internet speed. However, due to connectivity issues (quick syncing to laptops without itunes/ bluetooth file transfers) with the Ipad range, I am also sympathetic to other devices like andriod tablets and windows 8 tablets.

[img]http://topnews.in/files/Apple_iPad_3.jpg[/img]

Please, anyone with info or personal experiences with tablets in Nigeria please give information on this thread. I and some of my friends need to know which tablets work in Nigeria

mumu like u....no be wen u test am u go Kwn which network u fit use.....na me way de use Nokia 3310 u con de ask....anu.......taaa gbafuoooo
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by chucky234(m): 11:28am On Feb 25, 2013
pappy2000:

No Its from the uk n I can give u gurantee that it will work if its faulty I will collect back
All tablets are assembled and manufactured in China.
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by DidiLove1: 11:28am On Feb 25, 2013
I use the Samsung GT P7500 recently upgraded to ICS 4.0. Nice performance, good battery life, 3G and wi-fi. No complaints. The Galaxy Note 10.1 packs a punch too. I understand the Nexus range (7' and 10') are good buys too. Am conmfortable recommending them all.

However, i will also recommend you go online (preferrably www.gsmarena.com) and make comparisons of different tablets. This will provide a good guide to your eventual choice. Cheers.
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by pappy2000: 11:30am On Feb 25, 2013
chucky234: All tablets are assembled and manufactured in China.

I bought mine in the uk
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by cyrexx: 11:32am On Feb 25, 2013
chucky234: All this plenty problem just to use tablet,root it,install droidvpn,upgrade again.... Haba bros the stress too much na

Bros,
You only root, and install droidvpn +tun.ko once and for all; and then VOILA, your android device enjoys unlimited mtn BIS just like any blackberry phone. After paying for your monthly mtn bis (N1500) plus little extra ($5) for droidvpn upgrade
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by chucky234(m): 11:34am On Feb 25, 2013
cyrexx:

Bros you only root, and install droidvpn +tun.ko once and for all and voila, your android device enjoys unlimited mtn BIS just like any blackberry phone.
If you say so ooo
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by chucky234(m): 11:35am On Feb 25, 2013
pappy2000:

I bought mine in the uk
Even if the tablet were bought in the US,the fact remains the tablet was assembled and manufactured in China.
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by nitlad: 11:39am On Feb 25, 2013
What you should be asking is what network has the best/strongest service/connection (GSM/EDGE/3G et al) in the area you are planning to stay! undecided
For all you know, your device' data speed could be quoted at 50PB/s and Google's homepage would still take eons to open if network nor good for your area. Thats Naija for you. tongue

If you gon' be moving around a lot though, go for Etisalat, it's still considerably better all round than it's peers.

Cheers smiley

2 Likes

Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by chucky234(m): 11:40am On Feb 25, 2013
SimonAndal:
_
I take it you've ne'er seen or used an apostrophe in your life. Ne'er mind, there's a first time for everything.
What a chronic goon,too bad your teacher never had the time to teach you properly. The apostrophe in "English's" shows possession and not "English is" that you were dumbly trying to portray, I pity your parents for wasting their hard earned peanuts in paying your school fees as all amount to nothing but a total waste of resources.
Retarded daft goon.
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by pappy2000: 11:41am On Feb 25, 2013
chucky234: Even if you bought in the US,the fact remains the tablet was assembled and manufactured in China.

I can assure you that its ok n its according to uk standard got a lot of good review from Amazon n major retailers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How To Fix a Slow or Unstable Windows 7 computer. / How To Install Windows 8 On Android Phone Or Android Tablet / SOLD OUT.USA Used Dell Mini For Sale.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.