Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,765 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:58 PM

Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? (28745 Views)

New Free 13gb Data Plane For Airtel-mtn-glo-etisalat Free Browsing For 4months / Unlock Your Mtn, Glo, Etisalat, Airtel And Multilinks Modem Here! / Best Tablet Out There To Buy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Feb 25, 2013
chucky234: Why are people so dumb,did I mention that the Slate is out?
The Slate is already due for release in April,I find the specifications so impressive for a low end tablet and that's why I suggested it for the OP.

I am the op. I am asking for experiences.

Dont come and tell me what you dont know. Something is yet to be released 2 months from now and you are recommending it?
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by dmcdad: 1:02pm On Feb 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

Dont come and tell me what you dont know. Something is yet to be released 2 months from now and you are recommending it?
Lmao...
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by aywhy93(m): 1:04pm On Feb 25, 2013
chucky234: Where is this goon coming from,mention one brand of tablet that was not assembled or manufactured in China.
What a chronic goon.

Hello, i deal with Tablets so whatever you dont know... always ask and admit !!! I am sure you've never leave naija to see things, search for 'Storage Options' on Google, they manufacture Tablets and the process is started and completed in the company there near broomfield in U.K... so stop talking nonsense!!! use your brain, empty vessel
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by usoeva: 1:07pm On Feb 25, 2013
pappy2000:

No Its from the uk n I can give u gurantee that it will work if its faulty I will collect back

bros...d lats time i chckd, all tablets were manufactured in china...if u buy frm uk, its only shifted there...d fact is dat, chinese' products has grade...
@op, any tablet dat accept sim card wil work with any netwrk in 9gria...
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by cyrexx: 1:10pm On Feb 25, 2013
Abrantie GH:

Miscrosoft released the SURFACE PRO tablet late last year. It is not bulky. It is pretty much the same weight as an iPad or most Android tablets.

Type "Microsoft Surface Pro" into google and do your research.

Secondly, Microsoft is releasing touchscreen or "metro" versions of their bread-and-better (ms office etc). They'd all be available at their marketplace if not already.

I personally wouldn't be caught dead lugging around a laptop AND a tablet. as most business people do now.

You can't accomplish any serious work or an iPad or Android tablet.Those other tablets are only good for checking your mail or going on facebook.

My guy, I guess you are not aware of numerous productivity apps optimized for touchscreen (eg polaris, Quickoffice, evernote etc etc) available on Google play that easily blows away MS office. That was why you said android and ipad is useful just for browsing.

Google "productivity apps on Google play store" and get ready to be awed and surprised.
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by AbrantieGH(m): 1:14pm On Feb 25, 2013
dmcdad:
I know what you are saying. Microsoft's AppStore is growing for sure buh for now you wont compare it with Apple's nearly 300,00 apps that were built specifically for the iPad, not to talk of the fact that you can still run all iPhones apps on the iPad. Apps on Apple's AppStore is almost clocking a million.

Guy! I love the surface very well. If good enough apps were optimized at this juncture, I would choose it over the iPad even though I am an Apple fan.

My friend, this is not an Apple vs MS argument. It's about suggesting the best tablet to use on a business trip. If OP's trip only requires him to check e-mail or surf, then by all means iPad or Android would do.

Seriously though, lets be realistic... out of those 300,000 iPhone apps, how many do you use? Secondly, how many can one be productive with?

Most of those so-called "apps" are really not anything but screensavers, fart apps, noise makers or frontends to existing web sites (which you can also access with a browser).

1 Like

Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by aywhy93(m): 1:17pm On Feb 25, 2013
Logicboy03:

Abi ooo... The guy dey form too know, talking rubbish for mouth
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by AbrantieGH(m): 1:25pm On Feb 25, 2013
Have any of you ever bought a new Windows laptop and found out it has almost EVERY application you'd need to be productive? From Paint to Wordpad to all kinds of utilities?

Well, the Surface Pro tablet is the same. You don't need to go online and purchase any extra basic apps just to be able to do things you were used to on your Windows desktop machine.
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by cyrexx: 1:29pm On Feb 25, 2013
^^^
Many utilities and productivity apps are available for free on Google Play Store. You don't need to spend extra cash.

Even MS Office is NOT free.
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by searay(m): 1:30pm On Feb 25, 2013
So na computer dem dey call tablet. Chai!
Me na Nokia X1 where I dey use with etisalat free weekly 15MB. Wether window or door dey, me I no know
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by dmcdad: 1:33pm On Feb 25, 2013
Abrantie GH:

My friend, this is not an Apple vs MS argument. It's about suggesting the best tablet to use on a business trip. If OP's trip only requires him to check e-mail or surf, then by all means iPad or Android would do.

Seriously though, lets be realistic... out of those 300,000 iPhone apps, how many do you use? Secondly, how many can one be productive with?

Most of those so-called "apps" are really not anything but screensavers, fart apps and noise makers.
Well... At this juncture I would kill it off so it shouldn't be as if we wanna talk outta the main objective of the thread...

Like you rightly said, it really depends on what he hopes to achieve with it.

1 Like

Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by dmcdad: 1:35pm On Feb 25, 2013
searay: So na computer dem dey call tablet. Chai!
Me na Nokia X1 where I dey use with etisalat free weekly 15MB. Wether window or door dey, me I no know
Lol... Tablets are mini-PCs. Kinda a way to bridge the gap between PCs and mobile phones.
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by sirsilentwalker: 1:41pm On Feb 25, 2013
If you have a blackberry, i would advise you buy a playbook, you can sync it with with the bis service on your mobile phone. easier faster and cheaper.
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by AbrantieGH(m): 1:46pm On Feb 25, 2013
One last comment. Because Surface Pro is Windows, connectivity to other Windows devices and networking is a breeze. All major manufacturers device drivers are built into the OS.

You can easily connect a Surface Pro tablet directly to a computer network, or a printer or a scanner. Can you do that with an iPad or Android device without going through hell fire?
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by wonlasewonimi: 1:51pm On Feb 25, 2013
Guy, buy any android tablet like samsung, asus or sony. Get yourself and android phone, port the blackberry bis shitt on it and start tethering- usb, wifi or bluetooth.

Or you can buy MS surface and use your blackberry as hotspot. Easypeasy!
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by dmcdad: 1:52pm On Feb 25, 2013
Abrantie GH: One last comment. Because Surface Pro is Windows, connectivity to other Windows devices and networking is a breeze. All major manufacturers device drivers are built into the OS.

I can easily connect my Surface Pro tablet directly to a computer network, printer or scanner. Can you do that with an iPad or Android device with going through hell fire?
Guy sure now... Connecting to a computer is as clean as a whistle. You can connect any iDevice over Ad hoc (peer-to-peer)connection. I know Android devices cant be connected to Ad Hoc network. Also, you can print and do stuffs with your iDevice wirelessly even.

Anywayz, like I said before, lets kill this.
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by MackyNene(f): 2:18pm On Feb 25, 2013
Samsumg Galaxy Tab2..very good processing speed..with Etisalat network
smileySamsumg Galaxy Tab2..very good processing speed..with Etisalat network
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by cyrexx: 2:37pm On Feb 25, 2013
Abrantie GH: One last comment. Because Surface Pro is Windows, connectivity to other Windows devices and networking is a breeze. All major manufacturers device drivers are built into the OS.

You can easily connect a Surface Pro tablet directly to a computer network, or a printer or a scanner. Can you do that with an iPad or Android device without going through hell fire?

My guy,

This is not a debate. We are just sharing our different views on different devices so that the op can make the best choice based on his needs.

Agreed, windows may be more productive in that you are able to print directly. No dispute on that.

As for printing from android device, I normally get around the wahala by simply sending my tablet-typed documents over through Dropbox (or bluetooth) to my laptop and then print. (I don't think tablets will totally replace PCs and printers)

Thanks.
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by AbrantieGH(m): 3:00pm On Feb 25, 2013
Of course it's a debate on which is better for OP's use. I have touted mine with solid points. You're touting yours, everybody is speaking their minds on subject and OP would make his own decision (if he hasn't already).

Except for a couple of jokers, I don't think anyone has gone off the rails on this topic, really.
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by ITbomb(m): 3:18pm On Feb 25, 2013
Pls let the debate go on , I'm learning so much .
It seems the Surface Pro it good for a seamless life from your debates
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by Nobody: 3:24pm On Feb 25, 2013
cyrexx:

I have no experience with Windows 8,
I use nexus 7 with airtel network and it works perfectly for me. I live in Oyo State.

I want to acquire Nexus 7 or Kindle Fire 2. The problem is that I don't know if they have sim card slot. The tablet I use now (Asus Transformer Pad TF101) has one big drawback to me. It has no provision for sim card. It only has wifi connection. The problem with that is that my wifi modem from etisalat (which by the way performs well in Port Harcourt) discharges long before the tablet does and it can only charge when connected via USB to a laptop. So sir, is there a sim card provision for the two 7 inch tablet above?
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by SisiKill1: 3:36pm On Feb 25, 2013
SimonAndal: DON'T BUY A TABLET!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE PLANNED IN ILLUMATI TO DESTROY EARTH SOUL HUMAN!!!!!!!! EG. OBAMA'S SOUL MICROCHIP. HELL US REEAL..... BEWARE IF YOUR SOULS!!!!!

Tee hee hee cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by wonlasewonimi: 3:43pm On Feb 25, 2013
misterme:

I want to acquire Nexus 7 or Kindle Fire 2. The problem is that I don't know if they have sim card slot. The tablet I use now (Asus Transformer Pad TF101) has one big drawback to me. It has no provision for sim card. It only has wifi connection. The problem with that is that my wifi modem from etisalat (which by the way performs well in Port Harcourt) discharges long before the tablet does and it can only charge when connected via USB to a laptop. So sir, is there a sim card provision for the two 7 inch tablet above?

If you buy the keyboard for your Asus TF101, you'll be blessed with 2 usb ports and an extra 6hrs battery life.
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by jaykai24(m): 3:46pm On Feb 25, 2013
I ve used couple of tables but will surely recommend blackberry playbook preferably 64gb as its cool with large memory space and comes with HDMI cable u could connect to HD tv for gaming and live streaming. Not alot apps though. Hope this help.
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by AbrantieGH(m): 3:50pm On Feb 25, 2013
ITbomb: Pls let the debate go on , I'm learning so much .
It seems the Surface Pro it good for a seamless life from your debates

Yes it is. Information about the Surface Pro and reviews are all out there on the interweb. Check out the various tech blogs like Cnet, Engagdet, Computerworld etc.

Don't confuse Windows 8 with Windows Phone 8.

One is a real OS designed for both PCs/laptops and tablets, the other is purely a phone OS (successor to the old Windows Mobile) equivalent to how iOS and Android are phone OSes.

You can install Windows 8 on your PC, and if the pc has a touchscreen monitor, you can navigate by touch like you would on modern tablets.

If you don't want all these fancy stuff and just want to go back to the old ways of using Windows, there's a "desktop" icon. Just touch it and your PC returns to the familar Windows.
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by sleekman(m): 3:58pm On Feb 25, 2013
There is no system or tablet like the surface Pro. So my advice is that you go for Surface Pro because with that you can do most things on the fly without needing a lappy or desktop. My 2cents
Re: Best Tablet To Use With Nigerian Telecoms (MTN, Glo)? by Emmandus(m): 4:11pm On Feb 25, 2013
Android device with a good processor n. sizable screen is nice,Techno seems to have the cheapest and functional in the market check our offers:

BUY TECHNO N3 or N7 OR BB Z10 FROM US TODAY AND ENJOY 1 MONTH FREE DATA/INTERNET SERVICE.
Also Enjoy free delivery to any part of Lagos.
Call Emmanuel 07033875827